It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Getting Paid for your Posts  (Read 11621 times)

Offline ChickMagnet

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Getting Paid for your Posts
« on: September 16, 2017, 09:33:37 PM »
Hey there, I'm the original OWW where me and Kenc battled it out. I guess he divorced and I'm still married to the wonderful lady I proposed to during the first week of seeing each other in 2003. Hope the math adds up in that we've been married 12 or 13 years. I lose interest in the actual number more and more. All I know is I found the best wife that Russia had to give.  Bless her heart for putting up with me all those years. I also wrote that post by Markus about posting pictures of you and your lady.

Anyway, have ya'll ever heard of steemit.com? It's a social network. I'm not a facebook dude, but Zuckerburg makes his money off people clicking on advertisements. On Steemit, you make the money. The money you make is in crypto currency STEEM or STEEM Dollars (SBD). I'm a Bitcoin, ETH, XRP, OMG, BTS, SYS, and Gas investor in crytos. Most folks shy away from cryptos because they don't understand what's going on.

Steemit doesn't have a section for Dating/Marrying FSUW. I thought it would be neat to the subject there. And you can make some money, paid in crypto currency Steem.

Just a thought.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Getting Paid for your Posts
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 10:37:00 PM »
KenC is happily remarried. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 11:28:00 PM »
Are you saying after he chastized me over and over and over about proposing during the first week, making the infamous OWW post and even coining the term that he did fail in the marriage to the lady 25 years younger than him? I thought by the way he confidently came at me that his marriage would never fail. But, since you said re-married, that must mean all that loud mouth typing to me was in vain? I've been waiting and waiting for his words to come to pass. So now that you used the the RE before married, I can put all those words to rest? I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I wrestled with what I thought was right, it worked from the beginning, and 12-13 years later is still working.

Goes to show you, I knew what I was doing then and do now. Kenc was having problems in his marriage at that time and was taking his frustrations out on the board. You know, I just have a big smile on my face right now knowing I was right then, and right as I type, and the dumbass couldn't even deal with his own marriage.  Kenc is a piece of shit in my eyes. It's unfortunate that somone like him and I'm sure there are others offering their advice to other men.

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 11:31:53 PM »
But, ya'll. Dont forget to look at Steemit.com. You get paid in cryptocurrency.

Look me up. I'm Jmarc

Offline Boethius

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 11:33:04 PM »
Must be difficult to hold a grudge for so long. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 11:44:19 PM »
Found Ken's original thread -

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=20.msg40#msg40

He makes some valid points.  I say that as someone who was the original OWW.  I moved in with the better half after four days.  It is not something I would want my kids to do.

I disagree with his assertion you will know someone better.  Couples are always strangers until they live together.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 12:07:45 AM by Boethius »

Offline msmob

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 12:16:53 AM »

He makes some valid points.  I say that as someone who was the original OWW.  I moved in with the better half after four days. It is not something I would want my kids to do.

I disagree with his assertion you will know someone better.  Couples are always strangers until they live together.

Isn't it funny how we hope to influence our kids by not making the same 'mistakes' as we did ..;)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 12:20:43 AM »
LOL.  I never thought I'd made a mistake.  However, I think marrying as young as I did is not something I'd want my children to do. 

Keep in mind that the better half was not allowed to emigrate until after the collapse of the USSR, so I had a lot of time to grow up.  I'm still working on that. :)

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 12:21:17 AM »
Is this a paid ad or just a freebie?

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 12:42:10 PM »
Are you saying after he chastised me over and over and over about proposing during the first week, making the infamous OWW post and even coining the term that he did fail in the marriage to the lady 25 years younger than him? I thought by the way he confidently came at me that his marriage would never fail. But, since you said re-married, that must mean all that loud mouth typing to me was in vain? I've been waiting and waiting for his words to come to pass. So now that you used the the RE before married, I can put all those words to rest? I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I wrestled with what I thought was right, it worked from the beginning, and 12-13 years later is still working.

Goes to show you, I knew what I was doing then and do now. Kenc was having problems in his marriage at that time and was taking his frustrations out on the board. You know, I just have a big smile on my face right now knowing I was right then, and right as I type, and the dumbass couldn't even deal with his own marriage.  Kenc is a piece of shit in my eyes. It's unfortunate that somone like him and I'm sure there are others offering their advice to other men.

KenC is a grown man, and you are certainly entitled to say "I told you so"

Only an idiot would recommend playing the lottery instead of saving and investing
for retirement. You could certainly point out various people who won the lottery, but
it would be silly for them to recommend that people do this as a long term plan for
retirement just because it worked for them. Only an idiot would willingly join a
Russian roulette tournament, because the risk/reward isn't worth it.

KenC beat you up, was rude, mean, dismissive, etc, etc, etc. For that you can say
"I told you so, you mean, ornery old $%DS^G*#H!! "

HOWEVER,
Only an idiot would recommend doing what you did. When I met my Angel Eyes I
KNEW she was the one immediately after meeting with her, but I still visited
her 4 times and she visited me twice before we got married.

If I remember (correct me if I am wrong) You never advocated to others going as
a OWW.

I am very happy that everything worked out for you. I hope you continue to participate
here at the forum. I don't know if a trip report still exists somewhere in cyberspace about
your adventure. I welcome you to post it here.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 01:00:51 PM »
I'm not certain I agree with you.  What additional information did you learn in those visits, which were, what? 2 weeks?  3?  4? 8? that could have changed your mind?  What did you learn that made your relationship that much better? 

Even during those visits, you are not in the normal rhythm of living together.

The decision is very personal and subjective.  For you, the idea of marrying after one week was not something you were comfortable with.  For others, that may not be the case.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 01:36:58 PM by Boethius »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2017, 03:40:46 PM »
I'm not certain I agree with you.  What additional information did you learn in those visits, which were, what? 2 weeks?  3?  4? 8? that could have changed your mind?  What did you learn that made your relationship that much better? 

Even during those visits, you are not in the normal rhythm of living together.

The decision is very personal and subjective.  For you, the idea of marrying after one week was not something you were comfortable with.  For others, that may not be the case.

Nothing changed my mind, I married Angel Eyes.

HOWEVER, I visited a girl in Lugansk for 2 weeks, everything went GREAT! She was
sweet, sexy and fun! fun! fun! However, two weeks later everything fell apart.

I went to Dnepropetrovsk. Met a wonderful green eyed girl who was sweet, honest,
funny and exciting for two weeks. Later it fell apart.

I dated a sweet Russian girl who had coal black eyes that glistened like diamonds when
she spoke. She lived in Redding California. I went to visit her every weekend for 6 months.
She came to visit me for two weeks and I never dated her again.

Any of those girls and several others (except Luganski girl) would have agreed to marry
me after the first trip. All of those girls were good girls, and I might have been happy if
I married one of them.

I was looking for something very special, and any girl who didn't meet those standards
got dumped immediately.

Something different happened with each girl. Angel Eyes was the exception, not the rule.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:44:47 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 03:50:13 PM »
Were you ever the dumpee? 

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 03:56:26 PM »
Were you ever the dumpee?

Yes, of course I was.

You can read all about my various trials and tribulations here.
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.0

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:35:59 PM by SANDRO43 »
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 04:18:14 PM »

You've never dated a cRaZy woman before. I'm talking total, full bark at the
moon, eyes roll around in her head bat sh!t cRAzY! In my life, I've
attracted them like flies to aged fish guts. They can usually hide their
craziness for a while but sooner or later the crazy comes out.

You had an atypical experience, just like the OP.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:55:19 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 05:16:17 PM »
You've never dated a cRaZy woman before. I'm talking total, full bark at the
moon, eyes roll around in her head bat sh!t cRAzY! In my life, I've
attracted them like flies to aged fish guts. They can usually hide their
craziness for a while but sooner or later the crazy comes out.

In Ukraine I met one woman who was whacky. I left the city after she started to follow me around and scream in German at me. We never did anything more than have coffee and a dinner together. She claimed I was her husband.

In the United States I dated for a short while women who really needed serious help. But I am not a fixer er upper, and I dumped them.

The most damaging woman though was in Amsterdam and it was not so much crazy as deeply scarring for me. What was odd we married on the same day in the same church hours apart, her ex-husband shared my name as she shared my wife's first name.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Boethius

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 06:18:39 AM »
Nothing changed my mind, I married Angel Eyes.

HOWEVER, I visited a girl in Lugansk for 2 weeks, everything went GREAT! She was
sweet, sexy and fun! fun! fun! However, two weeks later everything fell apart.

I went to Dnepropetrovsk. Met a wonderful green eyed girl who was sweet, honest,
funny and exciting for two weeks. Later it fell apart.

I dated a sweet Russian girl who had coal black eyes that glistened like diamonds when
she spoke. She lived in Redding California. I went to visit her every weekend for 6 months.
She came to visit me for two weeks and I never dated her again.

Any of those girls and several others (except Luganski girl) would have agreed to marry
me after the first trip. All of those girls were good girls, and I might have been happy if
I married one of them.

I was looking for something very special, and any girl who didn't meet those standards
got dumped immediately.

Something different happened with each girl. Angel Eyes was the exception, not the rule.

So it's moot, as you would never have married any of those women.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 08:51:31 AM »
Hey there, I'm the original OWW where me and Kenc battled it out. I guess he divorced and I'm still married to the wonderful lady I proposed to during the first week of seeing each other in 2003. Hope the math adds up in that we've been married 12 or 13 years....

Hey Mark-

Nice to hear you're still going strong with your marriage. I was 'Matt3', then 'Bodine' during the RWG days on up to the transition.

I remember those heated moments with the guys, and you being knighted by the core as THE 'one week wonder'. You took that punch straight on, gave back and never backed down. Good on you, man. Texas strong!

I actually met Ken and his (ex) wife Lena in San Diego when my then fiancée first arrived. In person, they both were gracious and cordial to us, so I can't really say anything 'bad' about either of them nor their marriage. I believe Ken and his wife started to spend a lot of time with a guy named 'Don' from Arizona and his wife, who also married with an age gap. Just like many of us. Later on I heard what happened that caused Ken & Lena's marriage to break down, but that was their business and I don't really have an opinion about it one way or the other.

MOB divorces (FSUW/Non-expat American) prevalence (and this is just my personal opinion) has got to be at least in the 95% rate. Conservative estimate there. Many of the same guys don't get it the first time, and actually goes back for seconds. Of the 10-12 group of FSUW/AM marriages that we 'hung-out' with, or knew, doesn't include RWG/RWD posters; all but 2 are all divorced. Us and another couple who are actually both Russian and were here via H1-B visa, remain married. Matter of fact, one of the divorced gal is getting married (again) in 2 weeks, as they just held their bachelorette party this past weekend. In all of these divorce cases, I feel sorry for the fate the 'men' find  themselves in in the aftermath. Lost and alone again (naturally). Maybe this is why the only option they have by then, was the same option they had to begin with. Hit the MOB and re-start the process. Except of course, they're that much older and fading...

Some of them even have kids involved which makes it that much more troubling. oh well...

Anyway, like with you, years passes ever so fast for us, too. We're on the same 'yearbook'. Still married strong.

Be good.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:10:04 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 12:01:04 PM »
So it's moot, as you would never have married any of those women.

I don't think so, the Dnepropetrovsk girl especially, she ticked every item on my list
and then some. A series of unfortunate events happened, a perfect storm of sorts 
and suddenly I was scrambling to put my personal and financial life together. My
grandfather had a heart attack for example along with a list too long and too
personal to post on a public forum.

I am completely and totally happy with Angel Eyes, and I am happier with her
than I would be with any other girl I've met in my life, so I don't want to ponder
any what if's. I am glad it worked out the way it did. 

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Gator

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 03:46:14 PM »
All I know is I found the best wife that Russia had to give.  Bless her heart for putting up with me all those years. 

You are indeed blessed as am I. 

Are you saying after he chastized me over and over and over about proposing during the first week, making the infamous OWW post and even coining the term that he did fail in the marriage to the lady 25 years younger than him? .....I can put all those words to rest? I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I wrestled with what I thought was right, it worked from the beginning, and 12-13 years later is still working.

While KenC's criticism may have angered you, maybe some elements of his lectures somehow convinced you to pay even more attention to your relationship.  I am not saying you would have otherwise failed, only that KenC explained the elements of the risk you were assuming.

Being that you are highly intelligent, you implemented measures to mitigate the risks and outsmart the hounds of folly. 

Goes to show you, I knew what I was doing then and do now.

Agree with the second statement. 

I can not agree with you about the first statement. If you only need one date to understand completely the compatibility, goals and values of  a woman it seems you would have come across an ideal woman in America.   Now throw into the equation  the two of you do not speak the same mother tongue.   

In summary, I say the two of you are very accommodating.  That's fantastic.  Hang on to such a woman, and do her good. 

Kenc was having problems in his marriage at that time and was taking his frustrations out on the board.

You don't know that. 

You know, I just have a big smile on my face right now knowing I was right then, and right as I type, and the dumbass couldn't even deal with his own marriage.  Kenc is a piece of shit in my eyes.

Ditto Boethius's comment about carrying a grudge.  You definitely have some Russian traits,  and that helps a relationship with a RW.

P.S.  Good to see you again. 

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 06:31:21 PM »

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=20.msg40#msg40

He makes some valid points.  I say that as someone who was the original OWW.  I moved in with the better half after four days.  It is not something I would want my kids to do.

Hey Botethius,

You are partially correct in your research (good job) but you are searching within your realm and this board. The post you reference here was a repost with the same title from another board. So the post you reference was not the original OWW post. The post here is where Kenc gained attention. The other thread was highly viewed and participation was high. Maxx was one of the few supporters I had back then. I think he's here now as Maxx2 but I'm not sure.

Looking back, I feel like Donald Trump. Everyone is against him, as portrayed on news outlets, yet, he continues with his convictions. He will be re-elected and I will vote for him (again). I followed through and so will Mr. Trump.

What points do you allude to as valid?  Now be careful not to pick the ones you violated and now as an older man agree with as advice to your kids. We are discussing me at that time with Kenc at the same time in his marriage to a young girl 25 years younger than him.

P.S. My whole point on starting this thread was steeemit.com.

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 06:34:56 PM »
Must be difficult to hold a grudge for so long.

My grudge is to warn people like him giving advice. Let's see, I got married in 2004 and am still married. How many years is that? And that idiot tried to question my motivation, yet, couldn't even manage his own marriage. I rest my grudge, but will still have as much fun as I can with it and expose opinions like his. Grudge, no. Exposure yes!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:09:26 PM by ChickMagnet »

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 07:09:14 PM »
KenC is a grown man, and you are certainly entitled to say "I told you so"

Only an idiot would recommend playing the lottery instead of saving and investing
for retirement. You could certainly point out various people who won the lottery, but
it would be silly for them to recommend that people do this as a long term plan for
retirement just because it worked for them. Only an idiot would willingly join a
Russian roulette tournament, because the risk/reward isn't worth it.

KenC beat you up, was rude, mean, dismissive, etc, etc, etc. For that you can say
"I told you so, you mean, ornery old $%DS^G*#H!! "

HOWEVER,
Only an idiot would recommend doing what you did. When I met my Angel Eyes I
KNEW she was the one immediately after meeting with her, but I still visited
her 4 times and she visited me twice before we got married.

If I remember (correct me if I am wrong) You never advocated to others going as
a OWW.

I am very happy that everything worked out for you. I hope you continue to participate
here at the forum. I don't know if a trip report still exists somewhere in cyberspace about
your adventure. I welcome you to post it here.

Udachi!

Bill

Well let's check you out. I think you were responding to Both but your response is so weak and lacks clarity, I will assume you are responding to me. Please try and be more concise and clear in the future.

You reference the lottery, saving versus investing, and retirement. With respect to my original post, is a person saving women, visits to Russia, posts on this board? And if one invests those resources should a strong marriage be expected or bad marriage? Please expound as I may have missed something on my marriage. Should I be investing more time, more conversation, more time from work? Please help me relate a lottery to the subject? Be careful. If you will review the original subject of this thread it's cryptocurrencies.

You next imply that I refer to people who have won the lottery and through some convoluted rhetorical English conclude I recommend buying a lottery ticket for retirement. I'm paraphrasing your broken English to assume a point since you have very little technical writing skills. You allude to a statement that I'm referencing retirement in the complete middle of a different subject. Where is your mind to jump to such conclusions? Deal directly with what I clearly have stated. Finally, you jump to a crazy game of Russian roulette. You have not debated anything but yourself at this point. Stick to the subject and use this paragraph as a learning experience when trying to express your opinion.

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 07:13:28 PM »
Hey Mark-

Nice to hear you're still going strong with your marriage. I was 'Matt3', then 'Bodine' during the RWG days on up to the transition.

I remember those heated moments with the guys, and you being knighted by the core as THE 'one week wonder'. You took that punch straight on, gave back and never backed down. Good on you, man. Texas strong!

I actually met Ken and his (ex) wife Lena in San Diego when my then fiancée first arrived. In person, they both were gracious and cordial to us, so I can't really say anything 'bad' about either of them nor their marriage. I believe Ken and his wife started to spend a lot of time with a guy named 'Don' from Arizona and his wife, who also married with an age gap. Just like many of us. Later on I heard what happened that caused Ken & Lena's marriage to break down, but that was their business and I don't really have an opinion about it one way or the other.

MOB divorces (FSUW/Non-expat American) prevalence (and this is just my personal opinion) has got to be at least in the 95% rate. Conservative estimate there. Many of the same guys don't get it the first time, and actually goes back for seconds. Of the 10-12 group of FSUW/AM marriages that we 'hung-out' with, or knew, doesn't include RWG/RWD posters; all but 2 are all divorced. Us and another couple who are actually both Russian and were here via H1-B visa, remain married. Matter of fact, one of the divorced gal is getting married (again) in 2 weeks, as they just held their bachelorette party this past weekend. In all of these divorce cases, I feel sorry for the fate the 'men' find  themselves in in the aftermath. Lost and alone again (naturally). Maybe this is why the only option they have by then, was the same option they had to begin with. Hit the MOB and re-start the process. Except of course, they're that much older and fading...

Some of them even have kids involved which makes it that much more troubling. oh well...

Anyway, like with you, years passes ever so fast for us, too. We're on the same 'yearbook'. Still married strong.

Be good.

Hey GQ,

I remember  you too. I don't pop in very often now days but it's fun once in a while.

Thanks for the rememberence.

Mark
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:13:24 PM by ChickMagnet »

Offline Jumper

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 07:43:27 PM »
Mark,
obviously you married a wonderful woman with the patience of mother Teresa. ; )

Glad to hear from you that all is well.

Most of such couples I knew/know in this area have been married a decade or more, very few divorced.
Just myself ,and one other couple I can think of.

As far as the other, threads drift off topic, always have ,likely always will.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:45:41 PM by Jumper »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541391
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2106
Total: 2116

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:43:39 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by 2tallbill
Today at 06:25:40 AM

international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 06:18:09 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 04:57:12 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM