It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: if a woman wants to come and meet a man?  (Read 57036 times)

Offline Bee Farmer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: if a woman wants to come and meet a man?
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2016, 07:46:30 PM »
4.  Are you sure you're not Bee Farmer in disguise?

Surely you jest.  Even a halfwit can recognize from posts that I am an xNTx  personality, and treadmilldude is an xSxP. (Most likely an ESFP.)

Olya is 31, lives in Minsk, and has a beautiful 4 year-old little boy that I am in love with, I am just in love with her little boy and I know it would be love at first sight with me with her little Son if I do meet Olya in Minsk, he is so adorable!!  :) I have chatted with Olya several times on Skype, we like each other very very much, and she is well aware I am crazy about her little boy

Am I the only one who finds it rather disturbing for treadmilldude to be gushing over a little kid like this?  He's never met the kid or the mother, but he's ready to marry the mother to get to the kid??  Talk about creepy...

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2016, 08:24:17 PM »
Interesting reading. Since I have an account on Anastasiadate, I found Alina's profile. She has 52 pics and 17 which are private, many scantily clothed/provocative, much like a stripper would wear prior to her act of undressing. She has a total of 9 videos( never seen that many before, ever). I doubt anyone here would be interested in a girl like this. Makes you wonder who Alina is really is ???? Just sayin....

Anastasiadate isn't the biggest marriage agency for nothing. They know exactly what most men what in a wife. Getting the girls to show off their goods helps them get the lion's share of the business. I'm not convinced Alina knew her photo shoot was going to be used in the manner it has. She probably got the photo shoot done for free and free photos out of that with the promise she could be discovered by a modeling agency but like most girls, she didn't read the small print.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2016, 08:29:36 PM »
I'm not convinced Alina knew her photo shoot was going to be used in the manner it has. She probably got the photo shoot done for free and free photos out of that with the promise she could be discovered by a modeling agency but like most girls, she didn't read the small print.

Alina definitely knew. She had to have walked into the marriage agency with her passport to get the photo shoot. Anastasia requires this and no way around it.

She is in the know. Be it a rev share with terp or agency owner, brand promotion, a favor for a friend, free plane tickets to Miami for her DJ show, something....

Offline BillyB

« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2016, 09:37:22 PM »
Alina definitely knew. She had to have walked into the marriage agency with her passport to get the photo shoot. Anastasia requires this and no way around it.

With all the different backgrounds these women have, they rarely do a photo shoot at the agency and wherever they're at, that's where the passport is scanned and AnasatasiaDate claims they verified the girl exists.

She is in the know. Be it a rev share with terp or agency owner, brand promotion, a favor for a friend, free plane tickets to Miami for her DJ show, something....

Not all girls get paid anything for the photo shoots. Top models are probably offered something though if they know how to negotiate for more than a free shoot. Many girls do it free and simply hope to get discovered. In the link below is one woman's testimony of how she was offered a free photo shoot and wanted the photos and didn't care much about getting married to a foreigner. She was told employees would respond to letters written to her and will contact her if things get serious. She was never contacted in a year and a half. I suggest newbies read the link below before using agencies. There are other stories out there on this forum where girls didn't even know their photos for a photo shoot were used for an agency. I'm still not convinced Alina knew her photos were going to be used the way they were.

http://ukrainian-passport.com/blog/how-dating-agencies-actually-work/
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2016, 12:46:44 AM »
I need Guppy to come with me, so he can date a lot of the girls if I do not have time to meet all of them. Guppy, where are you when I need you?  ;D

Sorry man. I'm happy to say that I'm no longer a "free agent"  :D

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2016, 03:28:00 AM »
Guppy, that is great news! I am so happy for you man. Nice guys do not always finish last, sometimes they finish first...you are proof of that Guppy.

So you and Irina from Mordinson are corresponding very seriously right now, and are pretty much committed to each other? Has she removed her profile from Mordinson? I sure hope so, if not, then that potentially indicates she might not me "full in" on the relationship.

Any plans on writing a trip report for your second trip to Kharkiv using Mordinson? I know I'd love to read it, if you can find a little bit of time to write one.

Just a headsup, I noticed yesterday on the Mordinson website (2) more brand new success stories (3-22-16 and 3-28-16). Michael is having a tremendous amount of success with happy couples from his agency.                    http://www.mordinson.com/cgi-bin/aboutus.pl#Steven&Marina

I hope a couple of those prayers I said for you while you were in Kharkiv helped Guppy....I was praying for you and rooting for you the entire time. Again, I am so happy for you amigo.  :)

Offline alex330

« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2016, 09:48:13 AM »
With all the different backgrounds these women have, they rarely do a photo shoot at the agency and wherever they're at, that's where the passport is scanned and AnasatasiaDate claims they verified the girl exists.

My wife worked for a feeder agency and was offered her own branch in Kiev so I know exactly how this all works.  I have a 2TB external sitting in the closet with Anastasia photoshoots and copies of the girls scanned passports.

Now, things may have changed a bit over at Anastasia. In fact Gregory said they were bringing on more independent women versus agencies. Maybe someone who likes to chat with the cam models can update us on this. Seems it could even add to the fraud instead of alleviate it.

When my wife worked there almost all the women were from several cities, not all over the place. Probably 90% of them from Odessa, Niko, and Kharkiv. The women walk into a feeder agency with passport in hand and do a video interview. A photoshoot is then arranged at one of the nearby scenes.

Could one slip through the cracks? Sure, this is Ukraine we are talking about. But Anastasia is very strict in this regard. They will fine an agency and withhold commissions. Agencies try to avoid this.

Not all girls get paid anything for the photo shoots. Top models are probably offered something though if they know how to negotiate for more than a free shoot. Many girls do it free and simply hope to get discovered. In the link below is one woman's testimony of how she was offered a free photo shoot and wanted the photos and didn't care much about getting married to a foreigner. She was told employees would respond to letters written to her and will contact her if things get serious. She was never contacted in a year and a half. I suggest newbies read the link below before using agencies. There are other stories out there on this forum where girls didn't even know their photos for a photo shoot were used for an agency. I'm still not convinced Alina knew her photos were going to be used the way they were.

Correct, I have said this for years. The photoshoot is the path of least resistance to bring a girl onboard. Many will do it for free even just to help her girlfriend who is a terp out. But girls know the pics are used on Anastasia. Other agencies online it's a free for all with stolen pics I assume.

Offline IamMaiC

« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2016, 03:43:44 AM »
well,  to anyone interested.   I will be leaving for ukraine at the end of the week to see alina again.  with the help of some facebook friends in country, who I have talked to in skype and on the phone.  they helped me with an apartment.   I will not be staying long,  only two weeks.   any advice is definately appreciated..thanks...hopefully I don't mess anything up.

alina and irina will show me around kiev.    I have been a gentleman to them both before,  any advice how to act in the country?   certain way to act?  I don't use my hands in talking.   I'm  afraid of wrong hand gestures.  also,  alina has a car.  both alina and irina speak english.  so that's also something I don't have to worry about.   hopefully,  it's an enjoyable time.. :)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 03:49:20 AM by IamMaiC »

Offline JayH

« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2016, 03:59:06 AM »
Be yourself!  Simple as that!
Your very own guide/driver/interpreter/girl-- all set up in advance-- you are laughing!! ;D

Learn to take charge in simple things--you are THE man--eg entering restaurant etc--it is not hard to guess what is being asked-or said. Many will understand your english.Many have menu in english also.If Alina wants you to eat something--eat it!!!!
Don't get carried away tipping--  10% is a big tip in Ukraine ( 5% is ok-- ask Alina  what she thinks). Also-if paying by credit card-- leave tip in cash.
2 weeks is quite a long time-- a lot of progress can be made in a relationship in 2 weeks !!!! ;D
Kiev is a wonderful city--full of history from different periods.. Do some reading before you leave-it will help you a lot when you are there in understanding what you are seeing.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2016, 05:10:02 AM »
well,  to anyone interested.   I will be leaving for ukraine at the end of the week to see alina again.  with the help of some facebook friends in country, who I have talked to in skype and on the phone.  they helped me with an apartment.   I will not be staying long,  only two weeks.  any advice is definately appreciated..thanks...hopefully I don't mess anything up.

alina and irina will show me around kiev.    I have been a gentleman to them both before,  any advice how to act in the country?   certain way to act?  I don't use my hands in talking.   I'm  afraid of wrong hand gestures.  also,  alina has a car.  both alina and irina speak english.  so that's also something I don't have to worry about.   hopefully,  it's an enjoyable time.. :)

Relax, enjoy and don't try to over think it. Be yourself, follow Alina's lead. You'll be fine

Offline IamMaiC

« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2016, 05:36:17 AM »
Relax, enjoy and don't try to over think it. Be yourself, follow Alina's lead. You'll be fine

Last time I skyped with her,  she had two guests.  MAMA  and Irina.....Irina said to me,  we will show you a lovely time.  if you can handle being with two ukraine women.... :)   her mother started laughing....

I am going to enjoy this trip...... :D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 05:42:32 AM by IamMaiC »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2016, 08:24:30 AM »
any advice how to act in the country?   certain way to act? 

For the length of time you've been at this forum, you should be good on how to act but in this case I'll add one more piece of advice. There may be fun times when the 3 of you will walk together and it's okay to offer your arms to both girls.

I don't use my hands in talking. 

Keep your mouth shut while you chew. Don't whistle in the house. Take off your shoes at the door in the house. Don't wear t-shirts, tennis shoes, or baseball caps. If you don't know what is in style, don't be afraid to visit a clothing store and talk to a woman for advice.

Offline IamMaiC

« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2016, 08:49:09 AM »
For the length of time you've been at this forum, you should be good on how to act but in this case I'll add one more piece of advice. There may be fun times when the 3 of you will walk together and it's okay to offer your arms to both girls.

Keep your mouth shut while you chew. Don't whistle in the house. Take off your shoes at the door in the house. Don't wear t-shirts, tennis shoes, or baseball caps. If you don't know what is in style, don't be afraid to visit a clothing store and talk to a woman for advice.

not too long ago I found out from Alina....Irina is also single.  we were talking on skype and she saw me raise my eyebrow.... :)  she said to me,  don't even think about it...so according to you,  it's ok to take her arm also?  I know not to think much of it,  but is that a good idea?

In florida,  that's the style.  T shirt,  Sneakers..and baseball caps....but I was advised by my FB friend,  Olia.  not to wear this...she said button shirts and nice pants.  and a nice pair of shoes.  because you may be doing alot of walking.   people in ukraine like to walk she said. 

Olia told me she saw an american in western wear while seeing a woman.   cowboy hat,  cowboy shirt and jeans with a big belt buckle...and of course cowboy boots.  she said he stuck out to everyone...

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:53:08 AM by IamMaiC »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2016, 09:14:31 AM »
not too long ago I found out from Alina....Irina is also single.  we were talking on skype and she saw me raise my eyebrow.... :)  she said to me,  don't even think about it...so according to you,  it's ok to take her arm also?  I know not to think much of it,  but is that a good idea?

Alina and Irina probably walked down the streets holding each others arms but they aren't lovers. It's what friends do so if you offer your arm to Irina in front of Alina, it shouldn't be a problem. When I visited my wife, I was arm in arm with her and her mom, with her and her friend, with her mom and her mom's friend. I also dance individually which each lady at a club.

If you're worried, at a minimum, make sure you offer your arm to Alina and later you may find both ladies are on your arms anyway if they're comfortable with you as a friend.

Olia told me she saw an american in western wear while seeing a woman.   cowboy hat,  cowboy shirt and jeans with a big belt buckle...and of course cowboy boots.  she said he stuck out to everyone...

He may have stuck out but if he dressed sharp, he won't scare away the ladies.

Offline IamMaiC

« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2016, 09:26:26 AM »
Alina and Irina probably walked down the streets holding each others arms but they aren't lovers.

I already seen this the last time we were together....they would hold hands also.  I kinda felt left out but I knew our relationship was only beginning.. :)  when they were at the neighbor's home of my parent's.  five of us went for a walk.   alina,  irina.  her friend and husband...that is when I asked alina,  if she wanted to spend the next few days with me.  but both ladies went...I didn't mind... :)

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2016, 11:34:52 AM »
For me much of the joy in traveling was the anticipation. I guess I am an anticipation junky !

Offline ML

« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2016, 02:31:39 PM »
Holy mackerel Andy!!

I just read the most recent posts in this thread.

But are you telling us you are going to Ukraine for a 'threesome' with a couple of good looking gals ??

If yes, and for some reason you have to cancel your flight; can you send me a PM regarding a substitute man ??
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2016, 05:27:12 PM »
If yes, and for some reason you have to cancel your flight; can you send me a PM regarding a substitute man ??

Are you planning on taking Ochka with you?  :cluebat:

Offline mies

« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2016, 11:32:49 AM »
ok, I'm new here...my first question.  I have been writing this woman for a short period of time.  she travels with her "work"     she says she is interested in me.   she just recently came to the US.   she "worked" in miami and NYC.     she  is a DJ,  and is able to travel.    according to her,  she has been to many countries. 40 to be exact. 

well,  My question is this....is it normal for a FSU woman to want to meet right away?    or do I need to worry about this...or am I pretty lucky?  I've read some horror stories on this site.  she has been a DJ for the past 6 years.  and she plans to make 2016,   her last year in doing so.   according to her. 

thanks for the advice.   :)

Yes, it is normal. It is less common for a woman to not want to meet right away. FSU women have short attention span and very little patience.

DJing is physically difficult, it is a peculiar (night) lifestyle. A friend of mine was organizing evening/night events, and ended up in the hospital with ulcer and nervous breakdown after only 2 years of work. She then went to work for a bank (marketing department), got married, had a child and seems to be happy.

Miami, NYC, LA, SFO are the centers of "clubbing" culture, with Pacha clubs and the likes. Many of those clubs often invite foreign DJs and go-go dancers. If the woman you are talking to is a DJ, she must have many videos on youtube. Ask her about them, then see if this is the same woman in the video. This is a very easy way to verify the information about her. You can also ask in which clubs she worked in Miami and NYC, go to the events page in these clubs and see if her DJ (nick)name appears anywhere there. If she is a DJ she almost surely also has a FB page, with news, tour dates and music sets.

Offline mies

« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2016, 11:34:47 AM »
A DJ in the FSU isn't the highest paying job on the block, nor does it come with travel privileges typically, but it is usually a sign of someone who is young and a part of the party scene.

clubs/promoters pay for trips. there are many unknown DJs, but some travel internationally too. The formerly mentioned friend of mine spent a good portion of her working time in various EU countries. She wasn't paid much, but it was enough for living. I know for a fact she wasn't paid by any men, and it was a legitimate job organizing music-dance-DJing events in night-clubs.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:42:27 AM by mies »

Offline mies

« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2016, 11:40:43 AM »
well,  to anyone interested.   I will be leaving for ukraine at the end of the week to see alina again.  with the help of some facebook friends in country, who I have talked to in skype and on the phone.  they helped me with an apartment.   I will not be staying long,  only two weeks.   any advice is definately appreciated..thanks...hopefully I don't mess anything up.

enjoy your time in Kyiv. :-)

Offline mies

« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2016, 11:53:09 AM »

In florida,  that's the style.  T shirt,  Sneakers..and baseball caps....but I was advised by my FB friend,  Olia.  not to wear this...she said button shirts and nice pants.  and a nice pair of shoes.  because you may be doing alot of walking.   people in ukraine like to walk she said. 

You cannot touch her friend.
You must dress well, European style, not to embarrass your date.
a general direction, wardrobe wise: cargo (cotton or linen) pants flat front or jeans, jersey/polo shirt, sailing shoes/loafers or non-white non-bright sneakers.

bring a dress shirts and pants "just in case" - if you'll be formally proposing to her & meeting her parents you need to be dressed well. At least like at the photo below, or even more formal. Best to buy fitted "European style" shirts, not American style shirts - they are too loose. If you want to go overboard - get a shirt with cuff-links :-)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 04:20:51 PM by SANDRO43 »

Offline Steamer

« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2016, 06:23:30 PM »
Pics #3 and 4 look OK but the rest look like gay wads.
Of course you must consider the source. My wife says I dress like Fred Flintstone.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:35:37 PM by Steamer »
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline mies

« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2016, 09:35:57 PM »
Pics #3 and 4 look OK but the rest look like gay wads.
Of course you must consider the source. My wife says I dress like Fred Flintstone.

A Swiss friend of mine moved to USA and shared his pain: "Gay guys keep hitting on me, and I keep telling them I AM NOT GAY, I AM EUROPEAN!! Yes, we do dress like that in Europe!!"  ;D

P.S. There is no need to mimic the poses ;-)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:37:31 PM by mies »

Offline alex330

« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2016, 11:08:28 PM »
Wife and I were watching a show the other night and were laughing at the how the guys back in Europe were dressed and looked. Very thin, mannerisms, and clothing definitely would make them very approachable by the same sex here.

A few years here and she has become accustomed to the differences it seems.

Here she has to deal with my stained t-shirt when I make a home depot run...

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:15:29 PM by alex330 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934