It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hi NEwbie here  (Read 4782 times)

Offline buzz71april

Hi NEwbie here
« on: August 18, 2014, 08:21:37 PM »
Hi new here. Fiance from Moscow i am in Australia. We have just applied in June for a PMV300 and lodged in June. We have known each other for 5 years.Great forum
regards
Buzz

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Hi NEwbie here
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 08:25:00 PM »
Hi new here. Fiance from Moscow i am in Australia. We have just applied in June for a PMV300 and lodged in June. We have known each other for 5 years.Great forum
regards
Buzz

Welcome aboard Buzz!    :welcome:
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline buzz71april

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 08:39:41 PM »
Hi Doug

Thanks for the welcome. Great forum and really friendly and helpful resource.
Hope life is treating you well : )

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 07:00:48 PM »
 :welcome: Buzz!

Hi new here. Fiance from Moscow...We have known each other for 5 years.

What?!  :ROFL:  Don't you know that's totally against the  :rules: of the MOB?  You're not allowed to marry anyone that you've known for more than a week (well, maybe two weeks at the outside).

Seriously - congratulations!  :couple:  May you have a long and happy life together.

Offline buzz71april

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 07:03:46 PM »
HAHA

Thanks for the rply. We still have a way to go. Still trying to book the medical.
Cheers
buzz

Offline Drew

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 07:42:08 PM »
Might want to ask about her attitude toward Russian Terrorists in Ukraine.

Then see if her attitudes and yours are going to mesh.

Seriously.

Offline buzz71april

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 07:51:42 PM »
I am not on here to debate global politics. There are plenty of other forums for that .
Regards

Offline Drew

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 08:10:23 PM »
Not a debate.  A lot of guys would like to know up front how their future mate feels about this.

It could become a real problem for the relationship in the future as events continue to unfold.

Offline TheTraveler

• Married to a Disproportionately Hot Russian Wife
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 08:23:03 PM »
Might want to ask about her attitude toward Russian Terrorists in Ukraine.

Then see if her attitudes and yours are going to mesh.

Seriously.

seriously?  lol. /eyeroll/

Offline sleepycat

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 09:02:15 PM »
I am not on here to debate global politics. There are plenty of other forums for that .
Regards

You realise in our good ol' country of Oz the general public opinion is definitely pro-Ukrainian, especially after the downing of MH17.
Fast forward 12 months to the time your lady lands in Australia, do you want to take the chance of her spewing Putinist propaganda at your mate's BBQ and embarrassing you in front of your friends?

Offline JayH

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 02:32:11 AM »
You realise in our good ol' country of Oz the general public opinion is definitely pro-Ukrainian, especially after the downing of MH17.
Fast forward 12 months to the time your lady lands in Australia, do you want to take the chance of her spewing Putinist propaganda at your mate's BBQ and embarrassing you in front of your friends?

:cluebat:
I totally agree-- with Drew also.
Really -seeing what some russians have spewed on forums ( particularly female versions) I would think any guy that had a vestige of a brain ought to be re-educating any prospective new arrival away from kremlin propaganda and rubbish opinions.
While I am at it-- guys looking ought to read some of that stupidity of some (many)russian women on forums-- consider dealing with that for the rest of the relationship btw-- good luck :)
 :wallbash: :wallbash:
ps  russian = as in the country russia and not Ukrainian russians & those living  out side of kremlin orbit
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 03:46:12 AM »

While I am at it-- guys looking ought to read some of that stupidity of some (many)russian women on forums-- consider dealing with that for the rest of the relationship btw-- good luck :)

Sometimes I have a hard time discerning between someone stupid and someone who has a different opinion. 

There are lots of places in the world and people in the world {civilized places not the Arab world) where spouting pro Ukrainian rhetoric at a barbeque would make you seem like a laughing stock.

Offline JayH

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 04:46:41 AM »
TG--history tells me you are a sensible guy-- and would have no problem discerning my words were not directed at "all" but specifically 'some".
My comments were more directed at the OP-- and Australia-- and the advise given to him that he chose to brush off.
Australia and Australians became embroiled in the crisis when 38 Australians were amongst those murdered on MH-17 -- with a national day of mourning just held.Over the last few weeks at virtually every public gathering those deaths have been recognised . The news was constant flow of information-with Ukraine featuring in all day updates. To say it is in the consciousness of Australians is an understatement-- with universal outrage directed at those responsible-- and particularly those ultimately responsible ie Putin's russia.
 Someone blundering it that environment with insensitive  nonsense comment and ideas as expressed in kremlin propaganda would be ridiculed--and never accepted-- so the advice given has a very real basis.
That is one point--the 2nd is that no where in the CIVILISED world would treat the murder of innocent people as mere rhetoric.The fact that putin has set russia on a course to be a international pariah is more the point.
On the forum the guys who do have russian wives who have shown empathy and sympathy for Ukraine in the crisis have shown decency and respect have won my admiration--so there was no intention to insult them.
As for being pro-Ukraine-- I have no problem pleading guilty.How anyone could think that Ukrainians should not be the people deciding the future without outside interference is beyond my comprehension.How anyone can rationalise  the russian invasion of Ukraine is in the same category.
Currently-- I am in a not so large city where the funeral of 6 men have taken place today and yesterday-the impact on this loss of life so unneccesarily tends to heighten one's awareness on some basic issues of humanity.
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline buzz71april

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 05:49:58 AM »
Ok people's

I wasn't going to get into this but it certainly seemed to generate a debate.
My fiance used to be a journalist. She is very well versed and travelled the world a lot with her work and is definitely not some ill informed muppet that believes everything the state tells her.  The terrible events in Ukraine have upset her deeply as she has very close friends there who have been affected by the action there before the mh17 tragedy. She also does not wish to be living under the current government there and sincerely wishes for a better life away from the bullshit that is going on. So while I appreciate the well intentioned input into this forum  she is an intelligent, educated and worldly travelled women and I have no concerns around this.

Any student of modern history and the effects of global politics and dick waving by leaders around the globe usually leaves a trail of destruction, death and injustice. Convert the military to earth repair. 2000 odd years of war and conflict  you would think that the leaders would try a different path. Sad really. Yet day in day out ALL around the world people are getting killed and maimed and tortured and life and countries destroyed.

Peace.

Offline JayH

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 06:01:02 AM »
Nice post Buzz--good to see another weak kneed Aussie with no opinions here!!You may well be man enough to handle a Russian girl!! ;D

Nice to read of a thinking Russian! :clapping:

Offline buzz71april

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 06:26:03 AM »
No one likes a thinker  :cluebat:

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 07:11:50 AM »
TG--history tells me you are a sensible guy-- and would have no problem discerning my words were not directed at "all" but specifically 'some".
My comments were more directed at the OP-- and Australia-- and the advise given to him that he chose to brush off.

Sensible or not I will elaborate more on my thoughts relative to my last post.  First let me start with a disclaimer.   I find threads about someone looking for love or having visa problems or planning a trip to meet a lady much more interesting than the political ones and have more read bits and pieces of the political threads when I was bored enough so I have not followed this complete thread or the other similar ones.

All news is biased.  We look at terrorists as evil which to me any sane person would but there are parts of the world where the news portrays them as hero's.  I lhave been to Ukraine dozens of times and hope this all gets settled with an Independent Ukraine with a better government than they have had in the past.  I look at Russia as an aggressor but do realize that there is a case for them looking out for the welfare of the Russian population of Ukraine which may well be a bunch of crap.

However, many people in parts of the world that we all would consider civilized do think the CIA started this whole mess and created the problems and do look at the USA as having played a very evil part in destabilizing that part of the world.  I am talking about the UK as one of the examples.  Mannys opinion seems to be much along these lines.  There is a small, infrequently used forum started by a former RWD member who is Greek but living in the UK that I have visited occasionally.   I find it hard to visit that forum now because the anti-USA sentiment and comments are so vile and warped that to be honest it turns my stomach to read all that junk.  My point is that not everyone in the world agrees that Russia is the aggressor.  The image of the USA continues to be tarnished and our motives questioned and the part of the post I quoted was considering someone with different views to be "stupid".   

As far as the OP goes, I am married to a Russian woman.  We watch the news about what is going on in Ukraine.  I do sense that she is more Pro-Russian than many who have posted in the political threads here but that has nothing to do with our relationship and I don't feel the need, nor does she to have big enlargements about if the villains are the Russians or the Americans.  The odds are the OP does not need to worry about the political feelings of his woman of interest.  Yes, it might not hurt to discuss it but to me the concerns of political arguments are overblown.

Not long ago the news was filled with problems in Egypt, then it was filled with problems in Syria, then it was filled with the problems in Ukraine.   Probably 6 months from now the problems in Ukraine will be history and hopefully his relationship with any woman will go on far, far longer. 

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 08:15:05 AM »

Sensible or not I will elaborate more on my thoughts relative to my last post.  First let me start with a disclaimer.   I find threads about someone looking for love or having visa problems or planning a trip to meet a lady much more interesting than the political ones and have more read bits and pieces of the political threads when I was bored enough so I have not followed this complete thread or the other similar ones.

All news is biased.  We look at terrorists as evil which to me any sane person would but there are parts of the world where the news portrays them as hero's.  I lhave been to Ukraine dozens of times and hope this all gets settled with an Independent Ukraine with a better government than they have had in the past.  I look at Russia as an aggressor but do realize that there is a case for them looking out for the welfare of the Russian population of Ukraine which may well be a bunch of crap.

However, many people in parts of the world that we all would consider civilized do think the CIA started this whole mess and created the problems and do look at the USA as having played a very evil part in destabilizing that part of the world.  I am talking about the UK as one of the examples.  Mannys opinion seems to be much along these lines.  There is a small, infrequently used forum started by a former RWD member who is Greek but living in the UK that I have visited occasionally.   I find it hard to visit that forum now because the anti-USA sentiment and comments are so vile and warped that to be honest it turns my stomach to read all that junk.  My point is that not everyone in the world agrees that Russia is the aggressor.  The image of the USA continues to be tarnished and our motives questioned and the part of the post I quoted was considering someone with different views to be "stupid".   

As far as the OP goes, I am married to a Russian woman.  We watch the news about what is going on in Ukraine.  I do sense that she is more Pro-Russian than many who have posted in the political threads here but that has nothing to do with our relationship and I don't feel the need, nor does she to have big enlargements about if the villains are the Russians or the Americans.  The odds are the OP does not need to worry about the political feelings of his woman of interest.  Yes, it might not hurt to discuss it but to me the concerns of political arguments are overblown.

Not long ago the news was filled with problems in Egypt, then it was filled with problems in Syria, then it was filled with the problems in Ukraine.   Probably 6 months from now the problems in Ukraine will be history and hopefully his relationship with any woman will go on far, far longer.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. All news is biased which is why one must absorb news information from wherever they can and be intelligent enough to discern for themselves a semblance of truth. Truth is a commodity these days and hard to find from any one source.

There are a number of forum dwellers and folks in general who must blame the U.S. and specifically the CIA and/or State Dept. Just because in their minds, all the evil of the world is the U.S.'s fault. For some of it I am sure they are right but, for most of the rhetoric they are not. These are the same type folks that were lighting torches in the Salem Witch hunts. I actually have no doubt that Obama was embarrassed after Putin stood him up in Syria and has done something to cause Putin problems. Yes, leaders actually behave in this fashion and use a countries resources for personal vendettas. Was it starting Maiden, was it pouring fuel on the fire of Maiden, who knows? Likely we never will.

I too am married to a RW and a proud Russian. She is however anti-Putin and has been according to her, has been since his first term as president. She see's him as an evil, selfish man with much too much power. She loves Russia and is sickened by his popularity there.

Offline southernX

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2014, 03:32:14 PM »
WELCOME BUZZ,

pity your introduction got turned into a debate ,

your fiancees political stance is no ones business , im surprised people did not stop &think to give you both a little credit as mature adults to work it out between you

im sure she will love australia , good luck with your pmv and interview
i doubt you will be granted your visa before xmas mate , but you never know  ;)
SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2014, 07:32:43 PM »
Welcome to the forum Buzz,

Ignore what you wish to ignore, and participate in the threads which you wish to participate in.

And congratulations!

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2014, 07:21:10 AM »
My wife is from Russia but only reads and believes Russian news and Putin. But her sister lives in Kiev and she has an Aunt and cousins in Eastern Ukraine. Plus she has traveled to Ukraine many times on business so she has her own opinions.We have found it more peaceful in our house to ignore the subject.

If we can agree on 95% of other things why keep picking at this scab.

You do what you must and I am sure you will have enough on your plate without going after this in your first year. Actually, my wife is losing interest in Russia after 5 years here.

Congratulations !

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1943
Total: 1952

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM