It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Christian Girls  (Read 30189 times)

Offline Amarillo Slick

Christian Girls
« on: April 07, 2005, 03:57:09 PM »
:shock:I am a Christian man from the USA but not part of an orginized denomination. We call my kind of Church her non-demonitial, and am looking for a girl from the FSU who may have my same beliefs. My question is, am I looking in the wrong place or is there Charasmatic churches there I could visit instead of using an agency? I have condo's in Eastern Europe but not in Russia.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Christian Girls
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 04:46:42 PM »
Putting religion on the first place you complicate your task in 10s times. Even if you meet religion girl in Russia in dating agency she would probably be a member of the Orthodox Church or Muslim (if you will looking for girl in South republic)

Orthodox Church never "welcame" others currents in Christian creeds so it's difficult to find  too many various Churches here. All Raskolniks and "dissenter" run away to some hiden places (somewhere in Siberia) So you of course may try to look for girls there but it wouild be like looking for needle in hayrick.:D

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Christian Girls
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 05:00:49 PM »
While I really dislike agreeing with Elen, she is right while they do exist you will be hard pressed to find such a girl. Honestly if your religion is that important to you I highly suggest that you look somewhere else than the FSU.

Sorry to have to say this but you wold be wasteing your time.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Christian Girls
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 05:05:58 PM »
Quote from: TigerPaws
While I really dislike agreeing with Elen, she is right

:P

Let agree with "ideas" but not with "personalities" then you may be begin to "like agreeing even with Elen";) 

Offline Amarillo Slick

Christian Girls
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 05:06:14 PM »
Thanks for your insight, but my type of Church is the fastest growing Christian Church in the World. My current church in Amarillo has about 10,000 members and growing. If there is anyone in the FSU that is familiar with my type of church please contact me. Again, thank you for your replys.:cool:

Offline Amarillo Slick

Christian Girls
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 05:11:46 PM »
Being a Devout Christian is my number one request, period. But I do not give up quickly, I am looking for a wife that wants a family and would like to live in Texas (USA):D I know there are churchs like mine, I just have to find them.:?

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Christian Girls
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 05:14:53 PM »
You will be looking for till doomsday :?

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Christian Girls
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 05:25:12 PM »
And how does you religion "affect" a family life? (just curiosity if you don't mind:D)

Offline Amarillo Slick

Christian Girls
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 05:25:15 PM »
You may be right, but I will still look for mission' s and churches in Eastern Europe and the FSU. Thanks for your realistic input.:cool:

Offline Amarillo Slick

Christian Girls
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 05:30:53 PM »
Our spitural beliefs, as a couple I believe will stregthen our marriage and it will give us at leat one thing in common, since we will be from different cultures. I am a student of anthropology and my degrees are in Accounting and Management, it just seems common sence to me to have the most important things in common.:?

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Christian Girls
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 05:31:38 PM »
Oh, boy!!!!!:shock: Don't you know WHERE all religion messioners have found their last days in Russia ??? (if you be in Moscow Tretykov Galary then take a look at the pic Surikov "Boyarynia Morozova" What the same fate??;):D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 05:32:00 PM by Elen »

Offline Amarillo Slick

Christian Girls
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 05:35:01 PM »
I like the picture and the story it tells. This is 2005, is the FSU the same as it was then?:P

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Christian Girls
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 05:35:07 PM »
Well for girls from the FSU "the things in commons" rather would be your kids and your business but not religion

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Christian Girls
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 05:37:18 PM »

the FSU the same as it was then

The same:D What do you want from Orthodox Church if they can't even agree to selebrate New Year and  Easter in the same days like all other world does:D?

Offline Amarillo Slick

Christian Girls
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 05:37:47 PM »
I am not a missionay, just a successful guy of 38 form Amarillo, Texas looking for a girl with values.

Offline Amarillo Slick

Christian Girls
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2005, 05:39:46 PM »
I am not looking for a girl from the Orthodox Church, some one different and open minded.:cool:

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Christian Girls
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2005, 05:39:53 PM »
Russian girls have a LOT of other values except religion You just should make your choice among those values:D

Open minded girl  would be in 99%  cases an atheist:P
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 05:41:00 PM by Elen »

Offline Amarillo Slick

Christian Girls
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2005, 05:44:09 PM »
atheist, NO, open minded and a strong belief in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Yes.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Christian Girls
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2005, 05:47:50 PM »
[user=228]Amarillo Slick[/user] wrote:
I like the picture and the story it tells. This is 2005, is the FSU the same as it was then?:P

I cannot speak for Russia, but I can offer some comments about Ukraine.

For the past 5 years (or more) that I have traveled to Ukraine, I think I have met a missionary or other christian emissary on every single trip.

In 1999, I was on a plane filled with young Americans (teenagers) traveling from Kyiv to Donetsk to help do some repair work on a rural mission home.

More recently, Olya and I attended a nice multi-denominational church in Kyiv that meets near the Hotel Dnipro.

Here are a couple of links for you:

http://www.lhmint.org/facts/ukraine/
http://www.gmi.org/ow/country/ukra/owtext.html

There are many more if you do an internet search for "Ukraine Christianity".

As I understand it, Ukraine is one of the fastest growing Christian mission fields in the world - and I believe it.

All major denominations are represented with missionaries in Ukraine, and most have growing congregations.

I imagine you could find a great girl there who would be at least open to the idea of Christianity. My wife was a professing Christian, but did not really understand the concepts of salvation and redemption until she came here to the US. Now, she is among the strongest believers I know - and her innocence in her approach to her faith is truly inspirational - for all who witness it.

Best of luck to you.

- Dan

Offline Amarillo Slick

Christian Girls
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2005, 05:52:35 PM »
Thank you Dan, I will do my research. You have at least given me some hope, not that I am desperate, I am goodlooking and like to work out, but just looking for a girl with a differet world view.;)

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Christian Girls
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2005, 05:55:29 PM »
atheist, NO, open minded and a strong belief in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Yes.

God help you then:P

Actually  you may have a hope to change her mind (well I don't know such many sucssesful men in that business :?) but to find a "ready-made specimen " here is just impossible task:?

Offline Amarillo Slick

Christian Girls
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2005, 06:00:45 PM »
My father is retired from the CIA and he has the same views as you, I do not understand why someone would just not consider Jesus.:)

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Christian Girls
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2005, 06:05:21 PM »
You should be burn in the USSR to understand how to live without Jesus:P

Actually I'm speaking not about who is right or wrong in their believs but about conditions you foture wives were grown. And those "conditions" were atheistic so even beliveners from the FSU are different to those you have in the WEST
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 06:10:00 PM by Elen »

Offline Amarillo Slick

Christian Girls
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2005, 06:08:17 PM »
I do not understand how it was growing up in the former USSR, but I would like to understand:cool:

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Christian Girls
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2005, 06:13:22 PM »
I'll tell you later (i have to run to my job just now)

BUt I should warn you - asking Elen to tell something is some "dangerouse" thing. A half of majority guys here (or even more ) just dreams about how to shut me up:D:D

Bye

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541475
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3543