It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Music I love  (Read 344518 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Music I love
« Reply #1675 on: July 02, 2019, 01:44:12 PM »
Nice, ML. 

I like Leonard Cohen's version, but in my mind, the gold standard is kd lang's version.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1676 on: July 02, 2019, 03:46:59 PM »
Also recorded by Connie Francis ;):

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

New Orchestrations
« Reply #1677 on: July 07, 2019, 10:14:39 AM »
For those who may be interested in following my musical efforts, I have completed the orchestrations for instruments and mixed choir of two of Agustěn Lara's songs: Noche de ronda and Solamente una vez:

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #1678 on: July 16, 2019, 06:37:43 PM »
NEW MUSIC IN THE 1950s - Part I

The Italian musical scene in the early 1950s was still dominated by melodic singers, when sudddenly from the USA came a wave of new music with a strange name. A few examples:

To be continued :D.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 05:34:33 AM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #1679 on: July 17, 2019, 05:49:20 AM »
NEW MUSIC IN THE 1950s - Part II

After exerting strenuously dancing the R'n'R, one needed the slower tempos provided by more "romantic" artists:

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #1680 on: July 30, 2019, 11:21:05 AM »
MOLIENDO CAFE'
(Grinding coffee)

My orchestration of this 1958 song by the Venezuelan composer Hugo Blanco: www.floriani.it/ballroom.htm#NEW
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:32:56 AM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1681 on: August 09, 2019, 09:21:22 PM »
The classic guitar player Tatyana Ryzhkova, born in 1986 in Belorussia is one of the most promising young guitar players of the world. Meanwhile, she has the highest click-through rates on YouTube among the classic guitar players.
Also she is like really really good looking -------

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1682 on: August 10, 2019, 02:22:08 PM »
Shostakovich lead a tragic life, terrorized by the party his entire life.  Still, he composed beautiful music.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #1683 on: August 10, 2019, 05:04:08 PM »
Shostakovich lead a tragic life, terrorized by the party his entire life.  Still, he composed beautiful music.

You already posted his Waltz No.2 two months ago, as I did 8 months ago under the title "A GREAT WALTZ" ;D. Time for another Waltz or three, from Boccherini's Night music in the streets of Madrid:

Russel Crow and Paul Bettany played the waltz from 7'53" to 9'53" in the great cabin of HMS Surprise :D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1684 on: August 10, 2019, 05:11:01 PM »
Oops - just love it so much!

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #1685 on: August 11, 2019, 07:23:40 PM »
HISTORIA DE UN AMOR
(1958)

A fine song by the Panamanian composer Carlos Eleta Almarán. Unlike the charming video clip, its lyrics are rather sad because it was prompted by the untimely death of his brother's wife.

I found a fine guitar score for it, and am preparing my own orchestration, adding several other instruments.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1686 on: August 11, 2019, 11:05:35 PM »
You already posted his Waltz No.2 two months ago, as I did 8 months ago under the title "A GREAT WALTZ" ;D. Time for another Waltz or three, from Boccherini's Night music in the streets of Madrid:

Russel Crow and Paul Bettany played the waltz from 7'53" to 9'53" in the great cabin of HMS Surprise :D.

Good music.  Classic movie.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #1687 on: August 12, 2019, 11:10:45 AM »
Classic movie.
Indeed. Australian director Peter Weir went NHB for his 2003 movie, the production must have cost quite a lot: purchase of an actual frigate replica for shoots at sea, construction of a real-size model for interior shoots, etc.

He was fanatic about accuracy: I have the movie CDs, the second CD has all the preparations he made, for instance about the actual sound of a fired cannon - nearby it starts with a sort of ZIIPPP, like tearing canvas, when the ball exits the barrel, before the loud BOOM is heard :D. Of course, a cast of mostly British and Dominion actors was selected, for credible English accents.

As a kid he was an avid reader of Patrick O'Brian (1914-2000) 21 books of this series, much as I was with C.S. Forester's 10 books on the adventures of Horatio Hornblower, after seeing in 1952 as a 9-year old the movie in full colour :o of Captain Horatio Hornblower, starring Gregory Peck and Virginia Mayo.

The Hollywood costume department made a mess of the other officers' uniforms, a shocking light blue-green colour - not the regulation Navy blue - and exaggeratedly wide coat lapels :(.

To date, my library has a total of 261 - and counting - such books, which allowed me to write that long page on the RN of sailing ships and build my Nautical Glossary.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1688 on: August 12, 2019, 11:13:39 AM »
Indeed. Australian director Peter Weir went NHB for his 2003 movie, the production must have cost quite a lot: purchase of an actual frigate replica for shoots at sea, construction of a real-size model for interior shoots, etc.

He was fanatic about accuracy: I have the movie CDs, the second CD has all the preparations he made, for instance about the actual sound of a fired cannon - nearby it starts with a sort of ZIIPPP, like tearing canvas, when the ball exits the barrel, before the loud BOOM is heard :D. Of course, a cast of mostly British and Dominion actors was selected, for credible English accents.

As a kid he was an avid reader of Patrick O'Brian (1914-2000) 21 books of this series, much as I was with C.S. Forester's 10 books on the adventures of Horatio Hornblower, after seeing in 1952 as a 9-year old the movie in full colour :o of Captain Horatio Hornblower, starring Gregory Peck and Virginia Mayo.

The Hollywood costume department made a mess of the other officers' uniforms, a shocking light blue-green colour - not the regulation Navy blue - and exaggeratedly wide coat lapels :(.

To date, my library has a total of 261 - and counting - such books, which allowed me to write that long page on the RN of sailing ships and build my Nautical Glossary.

Personally, I just got the DVD.  Probably watched it around 6 times.  Getting the DVD and not reading the book was the lesser of two weevils.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #1689 on: August 12, 2019, 11:18:54 AM »
Personally, I just got the DVD.  Probably watched it around 6 times. Getting the DVD and not reading the book was the lesser of two weevils.
Actually, the movie plot is not following strictly that of the book: HMS Surprise ends up in the Moluccas, much farther West than the Galapagos 8).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #1690 on: August 15, 2019, 10:36:50 AM »
HISTORIA DE UN AMOR
(1958)
I found a fine guitar score for it, and am preparing my own orchestration, adding several other instruments.
Done :D. I found a MUCH better MIDI to MP3 converter, and used it on my most recent uploads.

I still have 70+ to re-convert :(.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #1691 on: August 17, 2019, 09:57:42 AM »
I still have 70+ to re-convert :(.
Done. I also decided to add the MP3 alternative for playing my pieces of classical music, hitherto without it:

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1692 on: August 19, 2019, 08:19:17 AM »
One of the most fun I used to have with my first fender Strat was playing an immortalized 12-bar blues written by JJ Cale. Of course, Ronnie (RIP), as with many others after him, covered this hip bluesy / southern rock classic... Still rocks for me today!

Call Me The Breeze

...Here's Lynyrd Skynyrd's Ronnie Van zant's cover of the song - *phazered* out to rock the tune!

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #1693 on: August 20, 2019, 04:18:19 PM »
SILENZIUM
See all their other videos.. Really- really nice and so are their videos :clapping:

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #1694 on: August 31, 2019, 05:32:41 PM »
APANHEI-TE, CAVAQUINHO
(I got you, cavaquinho)

A lively piece by the prolific Brazilian composer Ernesto Júlio de Nazareth (1863–1934):

Ernesto Júlio de Nazareth - Portuguese and Brazilian cavaquinhos

The cavaquinho is a small, 4-stringed guitar.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #1695 on: September 11, 2019, 08:07:39 AM »
Enjoy......

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #1696 on: September 13, 2019, 05:53:25 PM »
Eddie Money received his ticket...Left today- dead at 70.

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #1697 on: September 25, 2019, 01:51:04 PM »
This lady moves around a lot. I think she should.

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #1698 on: October 20, 2019, 11:52:16 AM »
...and now, for something rather different :D:

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1699 on: October 23, 2019, 03:45:22 PM »
This lady moves around a lot. I think she should.

Probably far better than inflicting her amateur level pianist skills on us.  This seems to go in cycles, with violinists as well.  Another "mover" amateur pianist is Khatia Buniatishvili.  Here are some far better interpretations of Chopin.  Listen particularly for the left hand, which separates a great pianist from one who is destined for mediocrity -

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 03:58:10 PM by Boethius »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1955
Total: 1964

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM