It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: COVID insurance entering Ukraine  (Read 3125 times)

Offline Sailor291

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
COVID insurance entering Ukraine
« on: May 10, 2021, 03:15:01 PM »
Has anybody had any recent experience entering Ukraine?  Are the passport guys in fact asking for proof of COVID insurance?  If they are do they look at when your return flight is and check that you bought insurance for the whole trip?  Also, what are recent experiences providing PCT tests, are they scrutinizing them? 

Wife and I will be flying to Ukraine in less than 2 weeks, provided United/Lufthansa/Austrian airlines don’t change our itinerary again.  They have done it 6 times since we bought the tickets in December, and I don’t mean little changes.  Keeping our fingers crossed. 

Thanks for the info

Offline cameraguymn

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: COVID insurance entering Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 10:55:36 PM »
http://visitukraine.today/departure

It's pretty cheap - buy it for the duration of your trip.

The border officials will check for your insurance information.

Yes, they will check check your PCR test - I had mine checked before I boarded leaving America going overseas and at the connecting airport to Ukraine and at the airport in Ukraine.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 11:00:15 PM »
http://visitukraine.today/departure

It's pretty cheap - buy it for the duration of your trip.

The border officials will check for your insurance information.

Yes, they will check check your PCR test - I had mine checked before I boarded leaving America going overseas and at the connecting airport to Ukraine and at the airport in Ukraine.
I bought a whole year policy. Saves me the rigmarole of buying policies for every trip.

Offline lyndontom

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 12:02:29 AM »
I travelled in August and a few months ago and will be back in Kyiv this week. Yes, like camera guy man says, they check your test and insurance.

I was struggling to pull up my insurance out of my emails (usual crappy WiFi at KBP) so the lady officer got fed up and just waved me through.

For anyone travelling from the UK, be sure to have a private PCR test and NOT and NHS one.. I know 2 people this week travelling from different London airports who were denied boarding by both UIA and Ryanair - even though they were previously allowed into Ukraine on an NHS one.

The insurance last summer and on my last trip through the visitukraine website was around 10 euros for a 3 week stay; this trip it cost me 30 euros for the same time period so the price seems to have increased significantly.

I’ll report back any changes/updates later in the week when I arrive.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 01:45:30 AM »
I travelled in August and a few months ago and will be back in Kyiv this week. Yes, like camera guy man says, they check your test and insurance.

I was struggling to pull up my insurance out of my emails (usual crappy WiFi at KBP) so the lady officer got fed up and just waved me through.

For anyone travelling from the UK, be sure to have a private PCR test and NOT and NHS one.. I know 2 people this week travelling from different London airports who were denied boarding by both UIA and Ryanair - even though they were previously allowed into Ukraine on an NHS one.

The insurance last summer and on my last trip through the visitukraine website was around 10 euros for a 3 week stay; this trip it cost me 30 euros for the same time period so the price seems to have increased significantly.

I’ll report back any changes/updates later in the week when I arrive.
It’s a money making racket as far as the PCR testing goes.

I paid 1000 Hrivnas for my insurance (x 5 as travelling with all the family) and that was for a years cover.

Offline ML

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 08:07:13 AM »
Several Ukrainian nationals living in USA and Ireland recommended this place to wife for the Covid insurance.

Portmone.com

Cost was 200 hrivnas for 30 days.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1902
Total: 1913

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM