It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: RW Top 10  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Sculler

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
RW Top 10
« on: October 24, 2007, 09:52:05 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone has tried (or succeeded) to put together a Top 10 list of reasons for dating/marrying an RW (or AM for RW). Maybe there is an old thread I haven't found yet. If not, I would like to see one put together with ideas from the group. If there are enough ideas, perhaps one for European members and one for US, if there are differences in ideas. As an example, one might be ... 'The unique use of English in conversation', or maybe, 'her complete inability to consider a meal to have been eaten unless it contained some form of meat' (OK, this might be offensive to vegetarians, but it is what I have been experiencing for the last couple of weeks). I'll let this run for a week or so and see what ideas I get and then put together my own list and others can feel free to rebut or offer alternatives. I'm doing this because at some point I will have to explain my own relationship with my RW to my family. They would never accept a straight answer, so some ready responses would be good.

1x

Offline Makkin

• Opted-Out
Re: RW Top 10
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 01:54:20 PM »
Hi,

My top reason is explained below but it could be made into more than one reason..lol

(1) UNIQUE beauty and charm that blends a woman from the FSU into a different category from western women. Of course women are women are women but the UNIQUE qualities that they in themselves produce in natural daily occurences as well as their beautiful physical attributes are very different from the BEAUTIFUL and LOVELY western women...IMHO

Makkin
FUBAR

Offline Kuna

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 02:39:08 PM »
In no particular order:

1) A good RW makes you happy...  it's hard to find a good single western woman

2) A good RW doesn't take drugs... it's hard to find a good single western woman

3) A good RW is feminine not only in how she looks but also in how she acts... it's hard to find a good single western woman

4) A good RW wants children...  it's hard to find a good single western woman

5) A good RW doesn't want to hang out in pubs... it's hard to find a good single western woman

6) A good RW is slim, fit and healthy... it's hard to find a good single western woman

7) A good RW says what she thinks and you know where you stand... it's hard to find a good single western woman

8) A good RW won't put career before family... it's hard to find a good single western woman

9) A good RW will treat you like a king... it's hard to find a good single western woman

10) A good RW is intelligent and cultured... it's hard to find a good single western woman

Sculler,

As for your family not accepting a straight answer perhaps you could lie to them???   ;)

I'm kidding of course...  but really...  what would they prefer?

I thought about potential bad reactions in my family and I decided to say:

"I love My Girl because XYZ and she makes me happy.  I'm sure you want me to be happy, don't you?"

Nothing more really needs to be said...

btw... I received no negative reactions from family.  One or two friends proved they were not really friends so there was a big up-side.

Good luck...  I'll look forward to reading about your observations and ideas.

Kuna

Offline Muj

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 03:30:06 PM »
Sculler,

Tell your family the truth.  You love her, you are right for each other, and plan to marry.  The other reason are accurate too and may serve as explanations for above :).

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 03:38:37 PM »
My #1 reason for marrying a RW is because my wife just happens to be one.  nuff said!

Offline Muj

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 04:04:14 PM »
Agree Scott

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 04:21:57 PM »
I'm doing this because at some point I will have to explain my own relationship with my RW to my family. They would never accept a straight answer, so some ready responses would be good.

Sculler, maybe the issue youir family has is not with Russian women but with you. The fact that you answer to them tells me you're young. How young? I don't know but certainly I would question any 18 year old boy's decision if he wanted to marry any woman. Maybe you have made many mistakes in the past and your parents don't trust your judgement this time either. The only way you're going to get your parents to respect your decisions now is through results. No amount of talk will convince them otherwise as you mentioned they will not accept a straight answer. I hope you made a good choice in a woman.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 04:58:45 PM »
Just tell your parents that you learn something new every day from her that improves your life.  Such as, ice in a drink can make you seriously ill.  So does air conditioning.  It is healthy to eat lard.  Leaving an empty wine bottle on the table will make you poor.  America did not defeat the Nazis.  It is necessary to buy fresh bread every day.

You will impress your parents with these new facts.   

Seriously, what you tell your parents is what you already know, and that is whatever makes you love her.  If you are like most men, you probably do not really know your woman, having spent only 2-3 meetings with her.  You parents will question you about this.  Don't fret, no answer will be very convincing to them, so just admit the truth.

If you are real young, you may offer that they meet her (as did DKMN), or talk to her on the phone.  That should convince them of your seriousness and your interest in them knowing more about your special woman. 

I am not young and my parents have passed away (God bless them).  Nevertheless, I took my younger son to Moscow to meet my woman and her children.  All went well, to the point that my son told his mother (my ex-wife, of course) that he will disappointed if he does not become part of her family!  Floored me.

Offline Sculler

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 03:46:14 PM »
OK, This went in a different direction than I expected, but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, based upon my readings in other postings. What I intended was a humorous self-reflection on our shared admiration of RW/FSUW. This was never intended to be a collection of excuses for me (or anyone) to justify marriage. Frankly, If I cannot come up with many positive reasons to marry a specific woman, I will be the first to say I shouldn't marry her. In my case, I know why I want to marry my special woman (and I am old enough to know what I want by now after a couple of decades of searching). What I was hoping for was to collect some light-hearted excuses to use with friends and family because if I don't, they will come up with their own. For example, my #1 reason was going to be something like:  Finally, a woman who understands the metric system! Granted, this joke doesn't work outside of the US, but it is the type of thing I was looking for. Another one came up the other day when I was on the phone with my lady talking about the engagement ring industry and how it is expected in the west and used as a measure of a man's worth as a potential husband. (As a little background, I gave my RW a diamond ring I had designed and made for her during my last trip to her hometown last month, but you would know this if I had bothered to post my trip report - sorry.) So another one I thought of was: She will have genuine appreciation for your engagement ring rather than expectation. Apparently, the De Beers "family" hasn't corrupted the Russian marriage market yet.

Thanks to all of you who responded. I'll try to word any future questions better.

1x

Offline Muj

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 05:42:38 PM »
Good ones Sculler ;D

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 07:38:36 PM »
Because she says:
I vill keel you moose and squirrel
so cutely?
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline I/O

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 02:16:51 AM »
Because she says:
I vill keel you moose and squirrel
so cutely?
KenC

T'ain't the only thing they say (or do) cutely.

I/O

Offline Sculler

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 03:42:08 PM »
Ken,

That is CLASSIC! I didn't think about that. And her name happens to be Natasha.  :ROFL:

1x

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541401
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2806