It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trenchcoat FSU Trip Reports  (Read 15033 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Trenchcoat FSU Trip Reports
« on: August 20, 2016, 08:58:47 AM »
Ok, so finally got round to writing up my trip report, my first trip as you may recall was to Kiev in Ukraine to see a girl at the end of March 2016. I didn't write up at the time to keep a decent amount of anonymity and sensitivity as it was just one girl I was seeing for a few day. I'm briefing over events here & changing names for the same reason & for brevity. The second trip most Recently was to Odessa & Nikolaev (Mykolaiv) in mid August (aka last week) just gone.

Well I flew out to Kiev on a direct flight from London Gatwick, which I generally prefer to Heathrow, cheaper parking and nicer terminal building, unfortunately messed up the bar in there & turned it into a 'family' restaurant. Anyhow, Ukrainian Airlines who I went with, unfortunately I went during a school holiday, our Easter, big mistake, airline only opened check in one hour before take off & a load of people rushed forward & I was lucky enough not too be right at the back, loads of kids around.

Anyway, the cabin crew were 'totally hot' real fit looking Ukrainian girl, youngish, two of them blonde hair could have easily been sisters but don't think they were, hair up in a bun, tight skirts that showed of their ass lovely :D Well for some weird reason they wanted me to move seat, as they were fit I acquiesced without much argument, perhaps a Russian guy would have given a slap on there fine ass to each of them for their audacity, but we were still in London. Anyhow, it meant I spent the next few hours crammed between two geezers. :(

Well, after some negotiating at Borispol airport which entailed working out who exactly was a taxi driver from all the taxi touts hurling themselves at you the moment you stepped through into the arrival hall, I managed to get an official taxi for 500 UAH. Apparently the rank is straight out from the exit, so ignore all those that get right in your face and walk up to the taxi cars in the road straight out from the arrivals hall.

Well, the Hotel Ukraine was a nice monumental style hotel with Maidan Independence Square right in front of it. I had already emailed ahead to secure a room overlooking it, interesting view but it was getting dark. I would meet the girl following afternoon. The girl which my brother nicknamed Helga (think its because she had blonde hair, lol even tough its a German name) was very pretty, great figure & long blonde hair. We spent a few great days together in Kiev seeing the touristy sites, cathedrals & musical venues, restaurants, etc (I won't go into details for privacy but it was all good apart from lack of affection from the girl as per previous threads). Last day was weird, Ukraine had seen fit to hold a funeral for a solider killed in the conflict in the east in Maidan square - there was this figure in an open cast coffin, real pale white, looked like he had been cling filmed in, anyway they were jogging around with him round the square with all the religious bods out, presumably family, figures of state and tourist onlookers snapping shots. :o For me this was a most unusual sight, I couldn't imagine the same happening in Trafalgar Square. Kiev indeed can be a most weird place.

Anyway, that was my time done there, interesting Russian Style buildings around Maidan Sqaure, heavy in build. Further out loads of crumbling old Soviet tower blocks, looks absolutely poverty stricken looking at those in the drive in from the taxi. For me though, though I got on real well with Helga, there wasn't quite the chemistry there I guess. No real touching for the few days I was with here, even when I put my arm round here for a photo (which she suggested we take) she did not do likewise and I would not push further with a girl if she was not into me, there would be little point and its not really right anyhow I figure. Still a very pleasant & enjoyable time together & my first taste of a FSU country.

I will put my experience from Odessa/Nikolaev down in due course. Hopefully not too boring a read, just a quick overview for any readers/lurkers that may wonder what it is like in that direction for a first timer. Ask me anything you like.       
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BBrides

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Trenchcoat FSU Trip Reports
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 02:16:26 PM »
Nice view indeed if you have a room looking over Maidan. Good memories :) Thanks
www.beautifulbrides.eu - a 100% free Russian and Ukrainian dating website.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 04:40:16 AM »
Nice view indeed if you have a room looking over Maidan. Good memories :) Thanks

Glad I brought back some good memories for you BBrides :) I had a room quite high up overlooking the square in Hotel Ukraine so it was quite something. Here is a photo from my room on arrival, it was late afternoon/early evening. To be honest though the view is more stunning looking out off the Hotel room in person than any photo. One of the best if not the best hotels to stay in, if in Kiev, I think for anyone considering the journey, just so central which is real important I find. Good times :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 08:49:17 AM »
Time to do the second trip report, this was to Odessa/Nikolaev(Mykolaiv) trip back a couple of weeks or so ago now (early-mid August 2016). I will summarize a lot as usual and a fair amount of it as with my first trip has already been gone through in various threads.

Well, I flew out from Heathrow airport with Polish-LOT on a transfer at Warsaw flight to Odessa. Both planes were small and uncomfortable as a result compared to the larger planes you'll likely get on direct flights, little leg room, old seats, more sensation of uplift, etc. Worse than that though the air stewardesses were nowhere near as pretty or as young as when I flew with Ukrainian International Airlines for the first trip. If your looking for hotties in your hostesses you'll find none here. The only upside is you get a free choccy bic and cup of mineral water. The flight was on time arriving & leaving Warsaw generally speaking. Things got worse on the Warsaw to Odessa leg as one of the air stewardesses looked like a bloke either that or 'she' was a very heavy build, happens I guess but not a great scene for me.

Well, if that wasn't bad enough things took a further downturn at Odessa on arrival when my luggage did not show up. There were two women that turned out to be customs looking over the left over baggage cataloguing delayed baggage sent on from previous flights, happens a LOT as it appears. Anyway after filing out some odd forms I got sent up to LOT's offices to fill out some more forms. I guess I was lucky that people existed there to deal with this as some luggage carousels are deserted of anyone that might fit the bill for dealing with this problem and many just don't have offices or are shut up, I arrived late afternoon so was probably lucky on that front. The girl in the office was pretty but at the time that was the least of my concern and her casual reassurance that my luggage would arrive next morning despite not knowing where it was on the computer system did not instil me with confidence.

Anyway, after arriving at my hotel and sending of an email the following midday my luggage finally turned up late afternoon, I had thought by that time that it was lost forever and consigned myself to that. It had help to salvage my trip, but I will not be chancing it in future, cabin suitcase all the way from now on for me. I had spent the day scouting out Odessa, first the beach, then the shopping district to get some essentials (shirt & shorts, etc) as I was not expecting luggage return, then finally beach again to relax after all the drama. Following day was restaurants in Odessa to check out the talent then onto Nikolaev to meet with the girl. Incidentally the taxi driver chose to see fit to drop me off a quarter of a mile from the bus station instead of the bus station itself, very odd ::) I got the impression that even he as a taxi driver did not know Odessa well, dropped me off outside some place called GPS (like the place finding thing, but just some odd garage type place), I'm not sure if this was a joke or he literally thought it was somewhere where the bus station was (I assumed it was).

So, arrived in Nikolaev after about a 2.5 - 3 hour mini-bus journey, got another taxi to hotel which was some way away from the bus station, could have almost been in another city it seemed so far away. Met with girl the following evening, outside the hotel. She was different to what I had imagined her to be in the photos she had sent me, not vastly or in an overly bad way. The photos she had sent me were mostly if not all non-professionally taken, nice photos, some of here looking pretty hot on the beach, etc. with some comment from other blokes voicing their approval, mostly in their forties (on Mamba). Well, she gave of a different aura than in her photo's and her face was kind of lots of slight pimples (skin colour, not redish zit type) which you could not see in her photos as so slight. This did not make her ugly as such just not as pretty looking as in her photos. We talked a bit on way to the nearby restaurant, and at the restaurant. She was fine to talk to, English not as fluent as the girl on the first trip, but we communicated fine. She seemed to have some hang up over the referendum result she referred to it twice, I just said it was real close as thought best not to bring up that I voted Leave so best to avoid politics I think, but it was probably obvious anyway as I didn't endorse Remain. Either way though I don't think there was chemistry there at all, we both knew it I think, so ended the meal without any real commitment to meet up or go on longer with the date.

The rest of my time there as most of you probably know was scouting out Nikolaev high street to analyse the situation. It was a real walk of glamazons, loads of girls of all ages, many young, walking back & forth in stylish dress with long hair (or the few that weren't had hair stylishly & neatly done). A real disparity with back home (southern UK) where those sort of days had long since passed. Around my way its girls without any figure and awful looking jeans & t-shirt scruffy look, even the more older don't often have much style to them. Worst cases around here are girls that are just pure obesity, terrible scene. The one down side of Nikolaev though was that I sensed 'dating industry' about these girls, rightly or wrongly, even though I had not talked to them.  The whole place, though very pleasant feel had a kind of falseness about it, the same music kept playing over. It was kind of like the film 'The Truman Show' pleasantness on the outside generally, but something not quite right, and playing over and over again, like the women walking up & down the street, you could sit & watch all day women in nice dresses with nice straight hair walking past up & down the linear high street, strange but nice :)

Hence to say I thought it best not to try my luck their, I just felt too ill at ease that I would pick up one industry girl after another, if I picked up. The odds of that happening just seemed too greater risk that I would rather try any other city than risk it there. Even Odessa I think I would have felt more comfortable than Nikolaev in picking up women, Odessa didn't give me that warning vibe nearly as much. Anyway, after a few days in Nikolaev I went back to Odessa for an overnight stay before my flight home the following afternoon.

Odessa for sure is a city I would feel happy visiting again, Nikolaev not at all unless I strayed across a girl somewhere there was chemistry and it turned out she was from there perhaps. Odessa was more English speaking and less remote than Nikolaev and also more to do there. Nikolaev was interesting for a brief visit for interest but not much there once you have seen the high street scene for a day, a bit of nice countryside but wears off quickish. Odessa was for more vibrant and more stuff to do, a potentially fun city. Learnt a lot from this trip though and as a result really do think airport cities and English speaking girls that are more likely to be found there are the way to go ;) So will build on this I'm hoping.

Offline ML

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 10:03:24 AM »
You have apparently missed or dismissed the many comments written about the women of Odesa.

Odesa has a long tradition dating back to Soviet times, and perhaps even before as being the 'con' center of Ukraine.

Much of this has to do with their 'port city' situation with the accompanying sailors who come in from around the world with both horny equipment and money in their pants.

Thus commercial shysters flourish in this situation along with the women having inherited skills in separating men from their money.  If not outright prostitution, then it's the more dishonest type . . . i.e. obtaining the men's money or gifts without performance.

Yes, they are very attractive and know how to present this attractiveness.  It is very appealing to the men; just as are spider webs.

I have been to a few dozen FSU cities.  Odesa, by far, had the most dishonest and deceptive women.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline treadmilldude

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 12:26:26 PM »
ML, what are some of your favorite Ukrainian cities? Say for example, what are your top 3? It's Kharkiv for me on my first trip in a short while, no more Belarus for some very important reasons. But I also like what I read about Lviv a lot, and would love to visit Lviv sometime in the near future as well. Lviv is so pro-EU and pro-US (from looking at Lviv girls' profiles on VK for many hours) that I find that very attractive.

Cannot agree more with your take on Odessa. I met a few nice girls in Kharkiv on ADate, some very very genuine, honest and nice girls from Cherkassy (Cherkassy is great). But the two cities where I got scammed the absolute worst were Nikolaev and Odessa. I consider Odessa and Nikolaev to have the most dishonest women in the entire world. I will never set foot in either of those 2 cities, too much heartburn, too many bad memories. Too many B______s in Nikolaev and Odessa. I am very impressed with both Kharkiv and Lviv, however.

I have no idea why Tcoat has this strong desire to go to Odessa. (Face in hands) I guess he loves getting scammed. I don't.  :(

By the way, dunno why people are saying Lviv does not have an airport? Ummm, it does. From the US to Kiev Boryspol, 2 hour layover, then Kiev straight into Lviv.   

Offline ML

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 03:12:02 PM »
My favorite Ukrainian cities in general are Yalta, Sevastopol (although none should go to those two now), Kyiv, Kharkiv and Dnipropetrovsk.

For the best selection of quality (and obtainable) women with good attitudes toward men and mostly lacking the entitlement attitude, Kharkiv and Dnipropetrovsk win hands down.

I found a dozen or more in those two cities that I would and could have married, if I had been more in a hurry to marry.  And I liked the cities also.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 05:43:40 PM »

For the best selection of quality (and obtainable) women with good attitudes toward men and mostly lacking the entitlement attitude, Kharkiv and Dnipropetrovsk win hands down.

I met good, sincere women in these two cities.   Acceptable, varied restaurants and good entertainment venues including classical concerts.  The cities themselves have some interesting stretches architecture,  and do not resemble heavily industrialized cities.  Also, they are about three hours apart, so you can see both cities.  If choosing just one, I favor Dnipropetrovsk. 

Offline alex330

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 08:29:52 PM »
I have no idea why Tcoat has this strong desire to go to Odessa.

He laid it out in his post and they are very valid reasons.
  • More English speaking ladies
  • An airport
  • More to see and do
  • Much more of a fun city (nightclubs, beach, etc)
  • More receptive to Westerners
I will add a bit to that -
  • The summer population now triples to 3 million versus 2 million due to Crimea
  • Most beautiful women in Ukraine. Ask cabbie in Kiev what an adisitka is
  • Good restaurants
  • Nicer weather
  • Women more receptive to moving overseas
  • More young women (they are all drawn to Odessa from surrounding villages)
Are there scammers and crooked agencies in Odessa? More than any other city. ML lays out why in his post above. But I would certainly go there again if I had to do it all over.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 08:39:43 PM »
Hence to say I thought it best not to try my luck their, I just felt too ill at ease that I would pick up one industry girl after another, if I picked up. The odds of that happening just seemed too greater risk that I would rather try any other city than risk it there. Even Odessa I think I would have felt more comfortable than Nikolaev in picking up women, Odessa didn't give me that warning vibe nearly as much. Anyway, after a few days in Nikolaev I went back to Odessa for an overnight stay before my flight home the following afternoon.

Just because women are hot doesn't mean they're working girls. You say there's risk but doesn't hurt to talk to them and figure them out. As long as you don't propose to a stranger, there is little risk engaging the girls on the street.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 11:05:40 PM »
ML, what are some of your favorite Ukrainian cities? Say for example, what are your top 3? It's Kharkiv for me on my first trip in a short while, no more Belarus for some very important reasons. But I also like what I read about Lviv a lot, and would love to visit Lviv sometime in the near future as well. Lviv is so pro-EU and pro-US (from looking at Lviv girls' profiles on VK for many hours) that I find that very attractive.

Cannot agree more with your take on Odessa. I met a few nice girls in Kharkiv on ADate, some very very genuine, honest and nice girls from Cherkassy (Cherkassy is great). But the two cities where I got scammed the absolute worst were Nikolaev and Odessa. I consider Odessa and Nikolaev to have the most dishonest women in the entire world. I will never set foot in either of those 2 cities, too much heartburn, too many bad memories. Too many B______s in Nikolaev and Odessa. I am very impressed with both Kharkiv and Lviv, however.

I have no idea why Tcoat has this strong desire to go to Odessa. (Face in hands) I guess he loves getting scammed. I don't.  :(

By the way, dunno why people are saying Lviv does not have an airport? Ummm, it does. From the US to Kiev Boryspol, 2 hour layover, then Kiev straight into Lviv.

TMD, you know Kharkiv is known as an industrial sh*thole, plus it will have few if any English speakers you will come across, you know Russian well? If not real well then be sure to print out detailed maps of where you want your cabbie to go as some will not understand your Russian or they just understand Ukrainian, may not even be fully conversant with the city themselves. Also, Kharkiv not too far away from the front line of the conflict in the east. I've never been there but would guess there will be many soldiers around there. I would also guess that a foreign guy may raise unwanted interest so keep your head down, particularly when travelling.

I'm guessing the flight to Lviv is with a different airline, nothing shows up on Ebookers site I use but another site something may show up, if so it would be good to hear which one. Lviv is no doubt a good one from the looks of it. Why Belarus no longer? Anyway trip report us on your trip to Kharkiv and let us know how you get on. Who is the girl you are seeing out there?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 11:21:36 PM »

He laid it out in his post and they are very valid reasons.
  • More English speaking ladies
  • An airport
  • More to see and do
  • Much more of a fun city (nightclubs, beach, etc)
  • More receptive to Westerners
I will add a bit to that -
  • The summer population now triples to 3 million versus 2 million due to Crimea
  • Most beautiful women in Ukraine. Ask cabbie in Kiev what an adisitka is
  • Good restaurants
  • Nicer weather
  • Women more receptive to moving overseas
  • More young women (they are all drawn to Odessa from surrounding villages)
Are there scammers and crooked agencies in Odessa? More than any other city. ML lays out why in his post above. But I would certainly go there again if I had to do it all over.

Bang on Alex :D Got it in one!

These points Alex mentions are each important for me, maybe not foe others, but for me helps to fine tune my search - girl being an English speaker really seemed to help my odds/her receptiveness to me, with native girls it was almost dead in terms of reception. I feel confident that by following along the above points would likely work out best for me.

Yeah, for sure you have to watch who you pick up, I get the impression most of the bad apples in Odessa are probably on the online dating sites, but unlike Nikolaev I get the impression Odessa would be sound enough from PUA stuff. Just still be a little careful of course. The girl I met in Nikolaev did say to me herself that many of the women are liers in Nikolaev, she was at least honest so my intuition right with her there. Possibly though she could have been looking for a ticket abroad to continue her education as she seemed to think higher education in the UK was still free, depends which way you look at it but I said no as its more nearer the truth I feel.

Anyway, Alex is right, these things are important for me that I would be willing to take a degree of risk on the trustworthy front - I know what most of the scams entail so will be able to spot most of them, I'm naturally suspicious person so I'm on my guard most of the time and prepare myself. I got the impression in Odessa that a nice waitress girl or the like could be sound enough if she seemed up for it. Nikolaev no not for me, reduction in English speaking girls & heart of 'the industry' is not great for me, plus more remote. ML's comments are worth taking note, but it wouldn't put me off Odessa completely, as Alex restates there are many upsides to Odessa that can counterbalance the scam risk negative so long as you can see past a pretty face to a scam. Finding chemistry as ever would be important. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:37:59 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 12:01:23 AM »
In fairness though to the points raised on scamming, I guess I hope by going to St. Petersburg to avoid a fair amount of scamming - yes I know they have a bit on an industry around dating there but I hope not as bad as Ukraine, Odessa/Nikolaev. That and a city that is more architecture based would suit me I think as that is where my interest/profession is.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 12:40:42 AM »
My favorite Ukrainian cities in general are Yalta, Sevastopol (although none should go to those two now), Kyiv, Kharkiv and Dnipropetrovsk.

I found a dozen or more in those two cities that I would and could have married, if I had been more in a hurry to marry.  And I liked the cities also.
+1
In Kharkov you will find many professionals, some reliable, in Dnepropetrovsk none.
However it's perfectly possible to chase women through doubtful agencies if you are enough experienced.

I would consider Kiev also.
And i have gone also to Vinnitsa, nothing to do except ladies, but probably one of the secret spot of Ukraine. 
I woudl consider Kiev also.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 12:47:54 AM »
TMD, you know Kharkiv is known as an industrial sh*thole, plus it will have few if any English speakers you will come across, you know Russian well? If not real well then be sure to print out detailed maps of where you want your cabbie to go as some will not understand your Russian or they just understand Ukrainian, may not even be fully conversant with the city themselves. Also, Kharkiv not too far away from the front line of the conflict in the east. I've never been there but would guess there will be many soldiers around there. I would also guess that a foreign guy may raise unwanted interest so keep your head down, particularly when travelling.

I'm guessing the flight to Lviv is with a different airline, nothing shows up on Ebookers site I use but another site something may show up, if so it would be good to hear which one. Lviv is no doubt a good one from the looks of it. Why Belarus no longer? Anyway trip report us on your trip to Kharkiv and let us know how you get on. Who is the girl you are seeing out there?

Relax TC, i spent two days two weeks ago with my wife there.
That's not a sh.. hole and they speak russian.
We didn't see any soldiers in the city, there are probably in the surroundings.
There is always the risk that Poutine has a burnout and send one or two divisions but the risk is very low (don't want to enter here in military and political considerations).
Kharvov is probably the best spot for real and serious guy wanting to marry.
I have gone many time in this city and never have a problem with english.
It's true that my skills in russian have largely increased since my first trip.

I would like to spend more time later in Kharkov
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 02:45:48 AM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline alex330

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 12:59:47 AM »
Bang on Alex :D Got it in one!

These points Alex mentions are each important for me, maybe not foe others, but for me helps to fine tune my search - girl being an English speaker really seemed to help my odds/her receptiveness to me, with native girls it was almost dead in terms of reception.

I am obviously biased, but you need to go where you feel most comfortable or your game is off. Take the extra risk if you are more in your comfort zone.

For me a city like Kiev is too "big city" and I would have probably failed with my personality. Just not for me. Odessa is more of a beach city so that fit me much better. More suited to my lifestyle. The people are more open, more relaxed, and have a quirky sense of humor generally.

A woman who speaks English is huge. It helps your odds and makes everything much easier. Much harder to approach a woman who speaks no English.

My wife and I still have misunderstandings almost five years after marriage. And she was a translator and speaks almost perfect English.

I got the impression in Odessa that a nice waitress girl or the like could be sound enough if she seemed up for it.

Absolutely. Spend a little time on your laptop in one of the Fankoni locations and get to know a cute waitress. Or order a hookah and invite a couple single girls from the table next to you over for a drink. Ask them where to go out that night. Ask them if a place called "Pomegranate" is any good.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 02:50:07 AM »

For me a city like Kiev is too "big city" and I would have probably failed with my personality. Just not for me. Odessa is more of a beach city so that fit me much better. More suited to my lifestyle. The people are more open, more relaxed, and have a quirky sense of humor generally.

A woman who speaks English is huge. It helps your odds and makes everything much easier. Much harder to approach a woman who speaks no English.

I found the same with Kiev, good I was with a girl that was friendly and knew the city and locations to go to, otherwise even though I was in the city centre I would have been at a complete loss, particularly as it was my first trip/visit to a FSU city. There's no real obvious place to go right on your doorstep there, apart from the generic shops, cathedrals & restaurants. Most of the restaurants though were very much indoorsy type of couple or family sit down & eat places, not much catering for individual hang out or outdoor seating dining. Odessa was way better for that, loads of outdoor seating restaurants & bar type of places along the beach & like you say a relaxed atmosphere, far more congenial to approaching women I would have thought.

If I find a place impenetrable and harsh feeling it doesn't really warm me to the task, I find the same as you, English is a real bonus. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2016, 02:53:44 AM »

That's not a sh.. hole and they speak russian.

Kharvov is probably the best spot for real and serious guy wanting to marry.

How come you say its the best spot for real & serious guys wanting to find a wife? Is it because they are so desperate to get out of there? My Russian language skills are poor atm so I'm not sure I would do at all well there.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 05:54:53 AM »
I found the same with Kiev, good I was with a girl that was friendly and knew the city and locations to go to, otherwise even though I was in the city centre I would have been at a complete loss, particularly as it was my first trip/visit to a FSU city.

Once again, you come across as someone who has done absolutely no research about the place you were visiting!  Seriously, with two clicks of a computer mouse you could have found a website which would give you pretty much all the information you needed about Kyiv, including maps and guides to the main attractions.  Would you have been at such a loss in Paris?  Or Rome?  Or Glasgow?  :o

There's no real obvious place to go right on your doorstep there, apart from the generic shops, cathedrals & restaurants. Most of the restaurants though were very much indoorsy type of couple or family sit down & eat places, not much catering for individual hang out or outdoor seating dining. Odessa was way better for that, loads of outdoor seating restaurants & bar type of places along the beach & like you say a relaxed atmosphere, far more congenial to approaching women I would have thought.

Did you go to Podil?  Or to the beach across the river?  While I realise that you were rather occupied in the initial part of your trip, you must surely have had some spare time to explore a bit further afield once you realised that you wouldn't be marrying the lady anytime soon.  I'm sorry but, even though you're British, you come across more as the archetypal ignorant American tourist of days gone by - not the overweight, over-loud, ill-dressed hick with several cameras hung round his neck, but like a woman who was on the same walking tour of the Kremlin that I was, and asked who Lenin was when the guide pointed out his tomb.

Please tell me that you did a bit more research when you went to Odessa and Mykolaiv!

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 07:03:18 AM »
How come you say its the best spot for real & serious guys wanting to find a wife? Is it because they are so desperate to get out of there? My Russian language skills are poor atm so I'm not sure I would do at all well there.

You don't need good Russian language skills for Kharkiv. I speak minimal and can get around just fine. I too recommend it. Why don't you give Mila a call there and use her?

Offline treadmilldude

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 08:18:51 AM »
Mila Lobunko would be an excellent guide / wingman for any man to use who is traveling to Kharkiv. I have read many great things about Mila and her Husband on RUA, and many great things about her on RWD. She is a very kind, caring person and will do a great job, I believe, for any Western Man that hires her.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2016, 08:38:52 AM »
Once again, you come across as someone who has done absolutely no research about the place you were visiting!  Seriously, with two clicks of a computer mouse you could have found a website which would give you pretty much all the information you needed about Kyiv, including maps and guides to the main attractions.  Would you have been at such a loss in Paris?  Or Rome?  Or Glasgow?  :o

Did you go to Podil?  Or to the beach across the river?  While I realise that you were rather occupied in the initial part of your trip, you must surely have had some spare time to explore a bit further afield once you realised that you wouldn't be marrying the lady anytime soon.  I'm sorry but, even though you're British, you come across more as the archetypal ignorant American tourist of days gone by - not the overweight, over-loud, ill-dressed hick with several cameras hung round his neck, but like a woman who was on the same walking tour of the Kremlin that I was, and asked who Lenin was when the guide pointed out his tomb.

Please tell me that you did a bit more research when you went to Odessa and Mykolaiv!

Says he that has done 1-3 trips (I assume you have made at least one trip to FSU and that is not just s chosen base default).

Yes, I saw the beach with her, but the time that I was visiting was late March so it was not exactly sunbathing weather. The weather was generally pretty good most days bar one, but even that wasn't too bad. However, it was nowhere near hot enough for that, and no one was there, it also looked like a huge wilderness backing onto it, maybe it is better in the summer but it did not look enticing at that point in the year.

We got around a fair few places together, but if she wasn't there, well, put it this way it is not a touristy set up like many would be used to in European Cities, sure there are tourist places to visit but its not like they set the city up for tourism, like London, Paris, Rome, Copenhagen, etc. For many first time visitors it would be like you arrive there and like where do I go, just buildings all around you, few obvious starting points apart from the shopping centre & odd restaurant and that is in the city centre.

Odessa, is much better on that front as they are a tourist destination for most of Ukraine, etc though even there it is not as fully fledged tourist set up like many European Cities, i.e the beach is quite old skool, as a bit of a walk across rough terrain in many parts.

Just telling it like it is here, its fine so long as people are aware not to expect the usual European City tourism deal. There's plenty of places to eat out but some of these, many for Kiev are more for the local, particularly as you get more away from the centre.

My FSU history is good, I've studied it so no mistaking who Lenin is ;) 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2016, 08:41:44 AM »
You don't need good Russian language skills for Kharkiv. I speak minimal and can get around just fine. I too recommend it. Why don't you give Mila a call there and use her?

Depend on what you mean by basic and who you get when using transport I guess, it possible no doubt, I think I would like to gen up on Russian more though before attempting it.

Have you used Mila before? What were her rates like?

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2016, 09:23:49 AM »
Mila Lobunko would be an excellent guide / wingman for any man to use who is traveling to Kharkiv. I have read many great things about Mila and her Husband on RUA, and many great things about her on RWD. She is a very kind, caring person and will do a great job, I believe, for any Western Man that hires her.

TMD,

Until you actually make a trip. Please STFU. I think I speak for most on here.

That is all.

HDL

Offline BillyB

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2016, 10:47:46 AM »
In fairness though to the points raised on scamming, I guess I hope by going to St. Petersburg to avoid a fair amount of scamming - yes I know they have a bit on an industry around dating there but I hope not as bad as Ukraine, Odessa/Nikolaev.

TC, you should be at the point of your life that no lowlife is smart enough to separate you from your money. I guess your reasoning for going to St. Petersburg is the girls are living a better life and are less likely to scam men or sell their bodies. Having a better life which improves the odds people will behave better doesn't define their character. You marry the wrong girl, you'll regret it.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1979
Total: 1989

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM