It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello guys!  (Read 54916 times)

Offline GM_Rod

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Hello guys!
« on: January 18, 2018, 11:56:23 AM »
My name is Rod, nice to meet you guys.

I'm here for help with bringing my girl to the UK.

She's in Russia, and we're trying to figure out the best way to bring her here, temporarily at first, we're not engaged or anything. YET.
I went to Russia in 2015 and that's how we met.
Back then, I lived in Brazil, but I've moved to the UK last September so it's much ea$ier for us now.
Still, the UK seems to be tricky when granting visas to FSU citizens.
What's the best way to proceed?

Thanks in advance!!!

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
Hello guys!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 12:03:43 PM »
My name is Rod, nice to meet you guys.

I'm here for help with bringing my girl to the UK.

She's in Russia, and we're trying to figure out the best way to bring her here, temporarily at first, we're not engaged or anything. YET.
I went to Russia in 2015 and that's how we met.
Back then, I lived in Brazil, but I've moved to the UK last September so it's much ea$ier for us now.
Still, the UK seems to be tricky when granting visas to FSU citizens.
What's the best way to proceed?

Thanks in advance!!!

Welcome, Rod

1/ The first thing is to bring your g/f on a General Visa - as a Visitor - 'easy' - if she has her own property, money in the bank or you provide your bank statements for the last six months and guarantee to pay for her .

2/ If you are thinking of living here, then get her a Gen Visitors Visa FIRST, THEN look at residency - but unless you are an EU citizen - she'll need to prove she speaks good English ( tested in her home nation by a UK-approved institute) and you'll have 'fun' ( harder) if you aren't already married

http://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa

Ask anyway, I've worn the t-shirt

Offline GM_Rod

Hello guys!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 12:15:30 PM »
Thanks for the quick response!!!

Ok, Visitor visa is what I had in mind. Good.
I am an EU citizen, Portuguese more specifically. I'm settled in the UK permanently.
I moved here in September, so I'd have to wait until March to have 6 months of bank statements.
The question is, how much money do I need to have in there for this to be enough?
We're talking about her staying for at least 1-3 months on this first trip.
She doesn't have a bank account, but she does have a job.

Cheers!

Offline GM_Rod

Hello guys!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 12:35:56 PM »
Also, apparently Russia is in the list of countries where citizens need a Tuberculosis test before coming to the UK?
What's the best way to do this?
Because I'm thinking she can't just go to any doctor there and request this, right?
Besides the results have to be in English, obviously.
Do you guys know of specific places she can go for this? And maybe how much it costs to take the test?

Offline GM_Rod

Hello guys!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 01:40:13 PM »
Ok, I just answered my own question:

http://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-the-russian-federation/tuberculosis-testing-in-the-russian-federation

Gonna leave this here to help others.
She's in Moscow so there's only one place she can go, which makes things simpler. I'll find out the cost soon and update that here.

Offline msmob

Hello guys!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 04:56:24 PM »
Ok, I just answered my own question:

http://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-the-russian-federation/tuberculosis-testing-in-the-russian-federation

Gonna leave this here to help others.
She's in Moscow so there's only one place she can go, which makes things simpler. I'll find out the cost soon and update that here.

This is a new one on me ....  It won't apply for the Gen Visa ( max 6 months ) and I've a feeling that if you are going to be using the EU right of a family to live together ( permanent Residency - exercising YOUR right of Freedom of movement )  - that that TB test will NOT apply

Better get your skates on - you've only got 1yr, 2months, possibly :)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Hello guys!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 05:19:38 PM »

Welcome to the forum Rod.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GM_Rod

Hello guys!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 05:47:00 PM »
This is a new one on me ....  It won't apply for the Gen Visa ( max 6 months ) and I've a feeling that if you are going to be using the EU right of a family to live together ( permanent Residency - exercising YOUR right of Freedom of movement )  - that that TB test will NOT apply

Better get your skates on - you've only got 1yr, 2months, possibly :)

I'm not sure I understand... the site is clear about the TB test. But, I'd be happy to not have to do that step. Cheaper and less complicated! Do you mean she doesn't need it??

1 year, 2 months... you're talking about BRExit, right? The last time I heard about it, I was told it might not even happen.
But right now, I'm only concerned with getting her here the first time around. We've met and spent a week together in Russia in 2015, but before we make the big jump, we want to see how it's like to actually be under the same roof for an extended period of time (she was still living with her mom back then so we didn't do that, and a week is not enough anyway).
After I manage to get her here, and if everything works out great, then I'll think about her staying permanent.

Offline GM_Rod

Hello guys!
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 05:47:40 PM »

Welcome to the forum Rod.

Thank you!

Offline msmob

Hello guys!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 05:53:49 PM »
I'm not sure I understand... the site is clear about the TB test. But, I'd be happy to not have to do that step. Cheaper and less complicated! Do you mean she doesn't need it??

NO TB / Eng lang test - if you married the lass and brought her to live here  under the EU immigration route ( as opposed to the UK most must follow)

1 year, 2 months... you're talking about BRExit, right? The last time I heard about it, I was told it might not even happen.

Sadly, 'we' have informed the EU of 'our' intention to leave- just what format that will take ((

But right now, I'm only concerned with getting her here the first time around. We've met and spent a week together in Russia in 2015, but before we make the big jump, we want to see how it's like to actually be under the same roof for an extended period of time (she was still living with her mom back then so we didn't do that, and a week is not enough anyway).
After I manage to get her here, and if everything works out great, then I'll think about her staying permanent.

I see now that you have only met for a short time  - when have you met her, since?

Offline GM_Rod

Hello guys!
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 06:16:53 PM »
NO TB / Eng lang test - if you married the lass and brought her to live here  under the EU immigration route ( as opposed to the UK most must follow)

Sadly, 'we' have informed the EU of 'our' intention to leave- just what format that will take ((

I see now that you have only met for a short time  - when have you met her, since?

Never.
Like, I went there and did everything as advised here. I went with more than one girl on the schedule, met all of them. She's the only one I liked, but we didn't have much time to spend together because she was still living with her mom as I stated, and mom was pretty strict...
After that, I stayed in Brazil and it was too expensive to get her to go there, or going to Russia a second time. We tried, but her mom took her passport... so we kinda gave up and fell out of touch.
Then last year, she emailed me with some news that she moved out and wanted to get back in touch, so we did! And luckily I had just moved to the UK (This was in September), so now it's MUCH easier, cheaper and simpler for us to try this again. And since I've been to Russia and she's never been outside there, it makes more sense for her to come here.
It also makes sense because if this works out, we're definitely not going to live in Russia, so she might as well come here and see if she likes it.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Hello guys!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 06:33:40 PM »
Thanks for the quick response!!!

Ok, Visitor visa is what I had in mind. Good.
I am an EU citizen, Portuguese more specifically. I'm settled in the UK permanently.
I moved here in September, so I'd have to wait until March to have 6 months of bank statements.
The question is, how much money do I need to have in there for this to be enough?
We're talking about her staying for at least 1-3 months on this first trip.
She doesn't have a bank account, but she does have a job.

Cheers!

Hi Rob, Welcome to the Forum :welcome:

If she does not have a bank account that could just be the first issue in a long line of problems, they will generally want to see that. It also signifies that she may be a low earner, possibly black economy wage earner which is common in much of the FSU - generally if she pays no tax then as far as the Russian Government are concerned she has no job so to all intent and purposes is classed as unemployed. If you are going partly of your ability to keep her its normally reasonably hefty finances they want to see.

Another issue is that you met her last in 2015, it is now 2018 so if this is caught upon by Border control they will probably have hang ups over whether it is a proper relationship due to the length of time since you last saw her. Border control here is often quite stringent and a lot of FSW and non-Brits are often unaware of this, they can often go into everything more so if they are not convinced from the outset that this is someone who WILL return to their home country after the visit. I know a Russian woman locally who was unsure if her son & family would get a visa to visit - they did but I think mostly because they have family already here but she knew it could very well get rejected and many are.

I think it would be beneficial for you to suggest visiting her again citing the visa issues. It will also flag up if she might just be after a visa or free holiday. If she kicks up a stink about it then be wary, without doing this you will not know until it is too late. Even if she got a visa she could come here and hook up with some other guy all at your expense then he takes over from there. Just get to know her better I would say, the visa imposition is there for that very reason to question if you really know her well enough and her motives for wanting to come to the UK.   
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GM_Rod

Hello guys!
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 07:15:45 PM »
Hi Rob, Welcome to the Forum :welcome:

If she does not have a bank account that could just be the first issue in a long line of problems, they will generally want to see that. It also signifies that she may be a low earner, possibly black economy wage earner which is common in much of the FSU - generally if she pays no tax then as far as the Russian Government are concerned she has no job so to all intent and purposes is classed as unemployed. If you are going partly of your ability to keep her its normally reasonably hefty finances they want to see.

Another issue is that you met her last in 2015, it is now 2018 so if this is caught upon by Border control they will probably have hang ups over whether it is a proper relationship due to the length of time since you last saw her. Border control here is often quite stringent and a lot of FSW and non-Brits are often unaware of this, they can often go into everything more so if they are not convinced from the outset that this is someone who WILL return to their home country after the visit. I know a Russian woman locally who was unsure if her son & family would get a visa to visit - they did but I think mostly because they have family already here but she knew it could very well get rejected and many are.

I think it would be beneficial for you to suggest visiting her again citing the visa issues. It will also flag up if she might just be after a visa or free holiday. If she kicks up a stink about it then be wary, without doing this you will not know until it is too late. Even if she got a visa she could come here and hook up with some other guy all at your expense then he takes over from there. Just get to know her better I would say, the visa imposition is there for that very reason to question if you really know her well enough and her motives for wanting to come to the UK.

This is all great advice.

But, for one thing, when she got back in touch with me, she didn't know I moved to the UK. So the intent to come here through me is out of the window. She actually had an apologetic tone as if she didn't know if I was going to even reply (I know, this could be a manipulation technique, but I've been tricked before. This is not that.).
She asked me if I wanted to see her in Russia again. It was my idea to instead get her to come here, mostly because it's just cheaper, and because I went to her last time and it wasn't great because of outside factors. If we're HERE, then we're free from anything getting in our way, since I live completely alone here and it'd just be the two of us. I feel like we need this.
Also I don't have to TELL anyone that we went a long time without talking.
Now, as for her job... I had told her not to get a job because if she did, she wouldn't be able to get a vacation before working for a year, which would make it impossible for her to come here...
To this, she said: I'll just work while we are in the process of getting the visa... when it's ready I can just quit and go, and this way I'll have money to pay you back at least part of the visa expenses."
Now... gotta give her some credit for that. (Obviously I also won't tell anyone she quit her job to come. For all intents and purposes she will still have a job to go back to).
She actually starts the new job next week. I haven't gone over details with her, but it might be paying enough that she'd open an account to get paid, as is common in most employment situations. We'll see.

What I want to know is, HOW MUCH on average, do I need to have in my account to make it believable that I'd be supporting her here?

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Hello guys!
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 07:19:24 PM »

Wow, a little jump before the big jump, maybe you should visit her and get to know HER better???? OWW???
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline GM_Rod

Hello guys!
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 07:27:39 PM »
Wow, a little jump before the big jump, maybe you should visit her and get to know HER better???? OWW???

I have been to Russia. Comparing the costs involved in me going again vs. her coming here against the benefits of each option, it's just better for her to come, in every way.
- Cheaper (as in 10x cheaper. In Russia I'd have to get myself a hotel or apartment, since she doesn't live alone)
- Length of stay (if she comes here she can stay 6 months... I can't stay in Russia that long)
- We don't plan on living over there, so it makes sense that we try this HERE, where we will probably settle.

In any case, I've decided she's coming here. I appreciate the concern, thank you all for that.
But let's please move on to helping me bring her, if you guys don't mind?
A company tried to charge me £150 to just talk to an immigration lawyer... I came here instead :-)

Offline Davo2

Hello guys!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 07:45:42 PM »
I went down this path recently and her visa was denied for a short two week holiday. She has a high paying job, money in the bank, owns her own apartment, she has children who were remaining in Russia during her holiday and had traveled to several other countries  previously. I also showed that I could support her transport, food and accommodation costs. The only downfall was we had never met in person.

The reason it was denied ...... she didn't provide enough evidence she would return to Russia. Obviously they had other concerns as she couldn't have had a better case to return. Quite possibly it was due to her visiting a man who was essentially a stranger.

Now we're meeting in Indonesia in a few months. If we get along, I'll visit her in Russia later in the year and then try to get a tourist visa again. Next time I'll hire a visa specialist to help with her application.

Even though you,ve met before, I would take others advice and meet her in Russia again. I think it will give extra weight to her visa application.

I wish you all the best  :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:46:46 PM by Davo2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Hello guys!
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 08:46:17 PM »
Rod, LAman & Davo are giving good advice here I think, get to know her better. From what you have just told us I wonder if she is a little desperate, in what way I am not sure it could be economic or family/social reasons. Fair enough if she did not know you were in the UK but desperate girls will jump to the first best option where ever that may be. Possibly she might genuinely feel she made a mistake but if there was no dispute between the two of you then I would be cautious.

Also, I think though the living costs may be cheaper & make more sense her coming to the UK I think you could still have some problems with visa. It is likely to be easier for you to get a visa to Russia than the other way around, especially as you had previously got one. Getting her one could prove problematic for reasons already given. Border control here tend not to see it as a suiting the convenience of the interested parties they are more concerned than most other nations with the exception of possibly, US, AUS maybe Canada of keeping out anyone they are not not convinced will return. Even not telling them about her intention to chuck the job in I think they would have concerns over her application as they are stuck with another person in the country if she is just coming to escape her situation at home. If she shares a flat then the impression it is already giving me is that she may struggle to qualify & hence a waste of the £150 visa fee in applying for her then back to square one.

The last girl I saw lived in a shared flat she did not own, it seems it is quite common in the FSU to pass what we would call a council flat down to offspring (which they can lawfully do out there) to take advantage of the cheaper rent and they share the flat. Many workers out there do not get paid a lot, especially women if they are in a non-professional or state job such as a teacher or nurse.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
Hello guys!
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 11:55:33 PM »
Hey GM Rod.  You met this girl for 1 week in person 2 years ago and you're certain she wants to move with you to the UK permanently?
Especially a girl from Moscow...sounds far fetched to me but what do I know.

I know Russians need a separate tourist visa to go to the UK vs a Schengen visa for the rest of Europe.

I'd say try to get a UK tourist visa for her.  If that doesn't work go for the schengen.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Hello guys!
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2018, 01:23:58 AM »
I suggested to the girl I was last with to go the Schengen route which for her bring Ukrainian meant visa-free. I'm not sure if it's quite as easy for Russians. She wouldn't go for it, I think part of the problem was me pre-empting the situation with the problem I could see her in getting a UK visa. Saying to a girl about spending time somewhere together for a while where neither of you have much history is probably going to sound a bit weird. Saying to a girl who is living in a bad area in the FSU that you want to live there with her for a while no doubt too. Being there already though she can't complain ;) though that's bridge has already been missed.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
Hello guys!
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2018, 01:26:35 AM »
I suggested to the girl I was last with to go the Schengen route which for her bring Ukrainian meant visa-free. I'm not sure if it's quite as easy for Russians. She wouldn't go for it, I think part of the problem was me pre-empting the situation with the problem I could see her in getting a UK visa. Saying to a girl about spending time somewhere together for a while where neither of you have much history is probably going to sound a bit weird. Saying to a girl who is living in a bad area in the FSU that you want to live there with her for a while no doubt too. Being there already though she can't complain ;) though that's bridge has already been missed.

Trench speak English.

Offline msmob

Hello guys!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 03:04:54 AM »
Hey GM Rod.  You met this girl for 1 week in person 2 years ago and you're certain she wants to move with you to the UK permanently?
Especially a girl from Moscow...sounds far fetched to me but what do I know.

I know Russians need a separate tourist visa to go to the UK vs a Schengen visa for the rest of Europe.

I'd say try to get a UK tourist visa for her.  If that doesn't work go for the schengen.

There is no such thing as a 'Tourist Visa' for the UK anymore...It's a General Visa - with different categories when applying

Trench - remind us ... how many times have you successfully ( or not) applied for and brought a g/f to the UK ? 

Rod, if you are going to bring her here to the UK - you must show recent (togetherness)  and you need to meet her in Russia - a few times - get her to open a bank account and she must pay her salary in.

The ONLY way you'll get this lass in, otherwise is marrying and applying for a Family Permit Visa under EU rules.

You are very lucky to have an EU passport and live in the UK - it'll be much easier for you... but you MUST ( for legal and reasons of common sense ) prove to the authorities that you have a relationship, no matter what immigration ( UK / EU) route you take

Offline GM_Rod

Hello guys!
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 06:59:18 AM »
Ok now we're getting somewhere.

First, I have double citizenship. Portuguese and Brazilian.
So as a Brazilian I wouldn't need a visa to go to Russia. That's that.
As for visiting her there again, that's a nope because I don't see a reason, as I've stated before.
I won't even get into the whole "she's desperate" thing because this is not my first rodeo. I know what I'm doing. Someone said I was SURE she would wanna come here permanently? This isn't true, hence why I'm shooting for a TEMPORARY visa.
And, if she was desperate, she would have latched onto me the first time I went to Russia and tried to come to Brazil with me straight from there. Would've been easier too, since she wouldn't need a visa to go to Brazil.
That's not what happened.
And, after that, she would've tried to stay in touch and convince me to get her out. Again not the case. We went out of touch for almost 2 years.

In any case, I'm not here to defend her intentions. As much as I appreciate the sentiment and the concerns, I'm here to get help getting her here. Let's focus, please?

Her getting a bank account... if I can prove I can support her here, why is this necessary? I doubt her new job pays enough for this to be effective anyway.

Now, nobody gave me a figure as to how much I need to have in my bank to do this. A little help here?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 07:16:04 AM by GM_Rod »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Hello guys!
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 08:13:37 AM »
Ok now we're getting somewhere.

First, I have double citizenship. Portuguese and Brazilian.
So as a Brazilian I wouldn't need a visa to go to Russia. That's that.
As for visiting her there again, that's a nope because I don't see a reason, as I've stated before.
I won't even get into the whole "she's desperate" thing because this is not my first rodeo. I know what I'm doing. Someone said I was SURE she would wanna come here permanently? This isn't true, hence why I'm shooting for a TEMPORARY visa.
And, if she was desperate, she would have latched onto me the first time I went to Russia and tried to come to Brazil with me straight from there. Would've been easier too, since she wouldn't need a visa to go to Brazil.
That's not what happened.
And, after that, she would've tried to stay in touch and convince me to get her out. Again not the case. We went out of touch for almost 2 years.

In any case, I'm not here to defend her intentions. As much as I appreciate the sentiment and the concerns, I'm here to get help getting her here. Let's focus, please?

Her getting a bank account... if I can prove I can support her here, why is this necessary? I doubt her new job pays enough for this to be effective anyway.

Now, nobody gave me a figure as to how much I need to have in my bank to do this. A little help here?

You've answered it yourself - her job does not pay enough so even if she can get a bank account it is likely to be just another piece of damning evidence for the UK border force to reject your application on. You could always put money into her bank account to boost her income if you fancy that :D So they are asking for it to a). find out if she has financial resources to support herself if necessary and b). see if she has enough financial reason to return - if she is not bringing in a lot then they will surmise she does not.

I don't think there is a hard and fast figure, generally it could be ascertained to be daily living costs of food, transport, bills, etc. For shorter trips they may have a daily figure such as £50 per day so on a longer stay it could be a fair old amount they wish to see, I would guess a good few thousand at least with you in a decently paid permanent job. This link to the you gov website on this: http://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/documents-you-must-provide

Well, it tells us that they ask you how much you think it would be, I guess seeing as you would be the one proposing the visit to UK Border Control. This demonstrates the crafty way in which they operate, they ask you how much you think it will be, you then have to show that you have this, BUT give a figure that is too low and they can pick it apart and knock you back on it, too high and if you don't have the finances to show you can support this again they can knock you back on it.

Again, you do not realise that you need to show evidence of a recent sustained relationship and this is not necessarily just a few photo's they want documentary proof, passport stamps, previous flight invoices, etc. They will want to know all dates you were together and documentary proof of these dates. Have a look at 'UK Border Force' in action on You Tube, it will give you a much better idea of how stringent they are. Unless you have put in sufficient groundwork to show you have a cast iron case in all areas they can put the girl through misery and kick her back at any stage, that would not go down well with her & cost you a fair old wack.

If you don't need a visa for Russia as you are from Brazil then to me this looks very favourably by far the best route to go, you would in any case NEED to show a more recent relationship. Although an EU citizen being from Brazil is likely to be a negative with UK Border Control in terms of getting her in here - they will not likely look favourably on a foreigner applying to bring in another foreigner even if it is supposedly for a short stay - they will see it as 'do you care if a foreigner is brought in the country then decides to stay on illegally'. They do not want to risk anyone being brought in the country on a whim. I'm not saying it impossible but you will need all your ducks in a row and even then they might knock it back.

I would say you seem to have a kind of breezy attitude to UK visa/visitation, you need to realise that its a lot more harder than you think, there is no easy 'you do it this way at that's it', you just apply for it no big deal, etc, its an ordeal. For someone very wealthy in this country maybe less so but it still won't be a walk in the park. I think a lot of foreigners are brought up with the less stringent border control policies in their country and think it will be like that in the UK, it is not. The girl I was last with seemed to think this and thought I was being obstructionist in telling her all this, I was not it is how it is but no matter how I tried to explain she just did not get it, essentially she did not trust me I believe. So if I were you I would ditch any idea of this happening any time soon and go visit her, unless you just want a bash at it but I can't see it getting through so wasted money in my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:20:51 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline GM_Rod

Hello guys!
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 08:31:30 AM »
It might sound like I underestimate the difficulty.

I don't.

A little backstory on myself: My original plan leaving Brazil was to stay in the US. I went to college there, but after that failed to obtain a visa to stay. Moved back to Brazil and plan B was going to Canada. Got accepted into a second school there but govt rejected the student visa.
Having the Portuguese passport, I just didn't unpack, changed my plane ticket to the UK and boom. Here I am.

So, I have had experience and I'm fully aware of how strict immigration policy can be. I'm just trying to focus on how to get her here.

That said, let's think about another scenario: A person in Russia, who has a vacation coming up, wants to visit the UK. Strictly as a tourist, to visit the country and see stuff in it, then come back.
They can't??? This sounds so ridiculous to me that a person wants to visit a country and can't.
Now, I understand countries need to protect themselves to some extent against dishonest immigrants and just people who think they can waltz in and already start breaking laws...
But come on, it can't be THAT hard.

I'll ask again: Let's focus on helping me do this. Instead of trying to convince me to do something else.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:59:00 AM by GM_Rod »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Hello guys!
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2018, 09:23:50 AM »
LOL it really IS that hard.

If you are a wealthy FSW in a professional job, etc then they are more likely to accept its for tourism, but they are not going to let people in who can't satisfy their stringent criteria already outlined in brief here. Why? because anyone could say they are just coming for tourism and then overstay illegally. The situation would get out of hand for them to try and round up all the overstays. To be a worthwhile tourist anyway the person would need a fair amount of money to purchase stuff. So will a tourist (General Visa) may sound benign they know if they were easy going on it many would use it to overstay in the UK illegally. Probably the arguments surrounding it having been called 'tourist' is probably why it is now call a 'general' visa.

I'm not sure why you are so against visiting her, if money is a concern then you may have difficulty convincing the UK Border Control you have the necessary finances to support her. Also if you re over there and things don't work out you can call up a load of other girls of the dating websites to meet with, here you will not have that option. Also, if she has not currently been working I would wonder why, she may not have been desperate economically in the past but that situation may have changed.

If you are still intent on doing this you can go ahead, I wouldn't recommend it but it may be handy for others here for you to let them know how you got on. I don't think anyone has a knowledge of how to best increase your odds as the situation is what it is. Just be aware of the points we've mentioned so as to not put your foot in it too much. Also think up good reasons in advance for any questions that may come up. Odds are you won't get a chance and they will accept or reject on the basis of what is submitted.

As you have seen in US & Canada how the situation is so you should realise you are just facing the same thing here and what you are up against.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1868
Total: 1879

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM