It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Question for Damien of anti-scam site.  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Question for Damien of anti-scam site.
« on: October 25, 2007, 12:12:36 PM »

Folks,

There are different practices used in an industry, for example:
"Not guilty until proven guilty" is one of them
IRS uses a different one. "If audit takes place: Guilty until you prove otherwise"

We always remove people if this was a fraudulent submission.
What we ask for:
- The person herself contacts us, we verify her over the phone or
- In person when interested party requests a Scam Check which is negative

As my staff now reported she can now be removed.

Thank you for your posts.

Damien
http://www.russianscamcheck.org

Hello Damien,

Thanks for responding to this thread and for taking the actions you took.

Damien I have two observations and questions.

My first observation.  A foreign man wrote you that a Russian woman was a scammer. You in turn posted this woman as a scammer.
One or two people took the time to represent this woman and in the process you removed this woman from your scammers site.

My first question.  What are the guidelines you use before you add a scammer to your site?  What guide lines were followed, or maybe not followed, with the listing of this woman Natasha as a scammer.

Second observation. It seems to me that if no one had questioned you or your anti-scam site about this women then she would still be listed as a scammer.  A more than likely good Russian woman is labeled as a scammer.  And once one anti-scam site list's a scammer then other anti-scam sites will take this same information as if the information belongs to them and they will add this woman to there site without having a single report on this woman.  You can see how this one woman's reputation as a scammer could have grown and grown.  Now good men who may have thought about trying to meet this woman won't even consider her, because she is a "scammer"!

Second question.  Damien if you do not currently follow the practice of having two confirmed reports from verifiable sources before adding a woman as a scammer, is this something you would consider.

Offline rose

Re: Question for Damien of anti-scam site.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 11:29:43 PM »
Damien, who is Olivia on your site if it is not a secret? I'm confused...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1955
Total: 1964

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM