It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: EU Issues  (Read 77927 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
EU Issues
« Reply #375 on: November 20, 2018, 10:23:04 PM »
One of the problems with feminism is that they seek to aggressively shout down anyone who won't submit to what their line is, fascist anyone? I think people should be allowed to get on & do and think what they like without aggreasiness feminists or anyone else imposing their will or taking issue. One of the problems we have these days is people taking it upon themselves to take issue with what others are doing, feminists are one such group that does this. They speak out and all off a sudden it is taboo to do or speak this or that, absolutely ridiculous. Feminism is at the heart of society becoming such a bad place to live in the west.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
EU Issues
« Reply #376 on: November 20, 2018, 10:33:55 PM »
I'd love to see our Trench 'lecture' a FEMEN supporter ;)

I would not want to be a target of their 'wrath' - but what 'danger' were three topless lasses with slogans on their fronts / backs to democracy ...  ?

Trench, under Franco, Spain was an authoritarian regime ...  for most of his dictatorial rule ...

As you'd be told in Belfast, "Wise up, wee maun" ..

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
EU Issues
« Reply #377 on: November 20, 2018, 10:37:43 PM »
One of the problems with feminism is that they seek to aggressively shout down anyone who won't submit to what their line is, fascist anyone? I think people should be allowed to get on & do and think what they like without aggreasiness feminists or anyone else imposing their will or taking issue. One of the problems we have these days is people taking it upon themselves to take issue with what others are doing, feminists are one such group that does this. They speak out and all off a sudden it is taboo to do or speak this or that, absolutely ridiculous. Feminism is at the heart of society becoming such a bad place to live in the west.

We have one word in the US to describe your statement, ‘Liberals’.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline GQBlues

EU Issues
« Reply #378 on: November 20, 2018, 10:39:58 PM »
Well, now - here we have the SoCal 'expert' on all things European and and 'alcohol abuse' issues [  ;) ] 'at it', again ..

As a 14 year old kid I was brave enough to stick out my tongue at an image of Franco and if these lasses choose to bear their breasts to wind up a bunch of fascists - FAIR PLAY to 'em

I think the Spanish Police coped and there was no need to call the US for 'support' - given the shock a bare boob seems to have when seen on  a beach  ..!

:popcorn:

It’s only a matter of time now. The French, from what I understand, had already began drafting a declaration of surrender. They’re just waiting for a German to show up.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #379 on: November 20, 2018, 10:56:33 PM »
It’s only a matter of time now. The French, from what I understand, had already began drafting a declaration of surrender. They’re just waiting for a German to show up.

What ?!

Another 'witty riposte' lacking in any substance ?   

No matter what  'they say' about GCQ  - I'm sure he believes he's making a point ...

whilst obfuscating like mad ;)

Offline GQBlues

EU Issues
« Reply #380 on: November 27, 2018, 01:55:04 AM »
Ironic. Macron still have to come up with $$ to uphold his NATO obligation delinquency on top of this shenanigan.

http://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/24/paris-fuel-tax-protest-macron-france-poverty

So much for utopian promises.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:03:11 AM by GQBlues »

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #381 on: November 29, 2018, 03:01:13 AM »
I 'missed' the relevance to France defence spending re Phil Collins or fuel prices...

Offline GQBlues

EU Issues
« Reply #382 on: December 03, 2018, 05:32:54 AM »
I 'missed' the relevance to France defence spending re Phil Collins or fuel prices...

Utopia is burning....

http://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/12/03/france-fuel-protests-heres-whats-happening-and-why-it-matters.html

So this is what happens when the US doesn’t ratify that silly Paris Accord!  :devil: to think France still has to meet their NATO obligations to boot! Now is the perfect time for Trump to put pressure on the payment.

What an unsustainable system! It’s cannabalizing time!

Paris today, Belgium tomorrow! LOL! Too cool!

http://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/30/world/europe/belgium-protests.amp.html
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 06:14:32 AM by GQBlues »

Offline GQBlues

EU Issues
« Reply #383 on: December 04, 2018, 07:06:00 AM »
That’s too bad....

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna943381

Macron should’ve punished them and not back down like he said he would yesterday. He should’ve doubled the increase and effective immediately.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
EU Issues
« Reply #384 on: December 04, 2018, 08:56:37 AM »
That’s too bad....

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna943381

Macron should’ve punished them and not back down like he said he would yesterday. He should’ve doubled the increase and effective immediately.

shades of BTP

My impression is that the French are quite traditional in their ways of thinking.  Grow up, learn a trade, get hired, work, retire to a relatively comfy lifestyle at a decent age.  Liberté, égalité, fraternité is being infringed upon.  It's more than just gas prices.  What do you think would happen in the US if a gallon of gas cost 7 bucks ;)

Offline GQBlues

EU Issues
« Reply #385 on: December 04, 2018, 11:31:57 AM »
shades of BTP

My impression is that the French are quite traditional in their ways of thinking.  Grow up, learn a trade, get hired, work, retire to a relatively comfy lifestyle at a decent age.  Liberté, égalité, fraternité is being infringed upon.  It's more than just gas prices.  What do you think would happen in the US if a gallon of gas cost 7 bucks ;)

We're more than halfway there, BC. I kid you not.

As soon as Gavin Newsome checks in, and with his promise of a massive reshuffling to shape a utopian state (e.g. universal healthcare to include all illegal immigrants BIG thanks to the likes of Fathertime), plus the carte blanche he was handed over with the recent tax-hiking propositions many of our state's ignorant voters helped passed - $7.00-8.00/gal hike is not a question of 'if' but 'when'.

I am empathic for Macron though. Damned if he does, double damned if he doesn't. This is giving Steve Bannon & Marine Le Pen a lot of armament come May 2019, and this fiasco is making it that much easier to upend Macron's party.

Offline fathertime

EU Issues
« Reply #386 on: December 04, 2018, 12:55:23 PM »
We're more than halfway there, BC. I kid you not.

As soon as Gavin Newsome checks in, and with his promise of a massive reshuffling to shape a utopian state (e.g. universal healthcare to include all illegal immigrants BIG thanks to the likes of Fathertime), plus the carte blanche he was handed over with the recent tax-hiking propositions many of our state's ignorant voters helped passed - $7.00-8.00/gal hike is not a question of 'if' but 'when'.

I mostly blame our own lazy society for the influx of illegals we have in California.    They fulfill a need, while many of the natives are enjoying drugs or other leisure.   In terms of them getting health care, of course they deserve to see a doctor if they are injured or suffer an illness. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline GQBlues

EU Issues
« Reply #387 on: December 11, 2018, 09:19:48 AM »
5 More Years! 5 More Years!

http://www.foxnews.com/world/marcons-attempts-to-quell-riots-in-paris-across-france-knocked-as-charade-by-protesters

Macron has got to be the (2nd) greatest French president of all time! Almost beating the greatest of them all, Jacque Chirac!!

#MFGA!

"It's a charade," Luc, a pizza chef in Marseille, told Agence France-Presse. "He announces bonuses to be paid by employers but how will they do it? They don't have more money."

:ROFL:

He's brilliant, really...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 09:22:24 AM by GQBlues »

Offline GQBlues

EU Issues
« Reply #388 on: December 14, 2018, 09:20:56 AM »
This dude is clueless as ever...

In an effort to defuse the tensions sweeping the country, French President Emmanuel Macron has acknowledged he's partially responsible for the anger behind the anti-government protests. He has announced a series of measures aimed at improving French workers' spending power but has refused to reinstate a wealth tax.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-paris-protests-yellow-vests-20181214-story.html

Partially? LMAO! Burn, baby, burn then...

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 09:22:28 AM by GQBlues »

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #389 on: December 14, 2018, 11:29:52 PM »
Time was when wearing a Yellow vest was a health and safety requirement...

Now they're banned in Egypt and a bunch ( not a very big bunch ) of wack jobs who are scared of a second in/out vote on Europe blocked Westminster Bridge in London ...

I've got a yellow vest in the boot of my car - in case I breakdown - bought it as part of Russian highway rules ... ;)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
EU Issues
« Reply #390 on: December 15, 2018, 08:32:51 AM »

I've got a yellow vest in the boot of my car

Boots are something to be worn on feet . . . not a part of a car.

Correct terminology is 'in the trunk of my car.'

And don't give us the crap about boot being the correct word in 'that' country.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #391 on: December 15, 2018, 08:53:46 AM »
Boots are something to be worn on feet . . . not a part of a car.

Correct terminology is 'in the trunk of my car.'

And don't give us the crap about boot being the correct word in 'that' country.

'Understood'....

I'll simply remind you that American  'English' is a VERY dumbed down version of the original and best ..with phonetic spelling to help all the non native speakers ...

Now 'behave' yourself lest I have to place you in the trunk  boot of my automobile car, take you on a road-trip journey down the turn-pike motorway on the left hand side of the road in a right hand drive vehicle, stopping for gas petrol, lifting the hood bonnet to check the oil, burning rubber on my tires tyres - not forgetting proper use of  turn signals indicators.

You may have to endure rest-room  toilet breaks, my buying food to go take-aways, my burping after drinking soda lemonade and consider yourself lucky I don't need to stop for
fag breaks....

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 08:58:43 AM by msmob »

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
EU Issues
« Reply #392 on: December 15, 2018, 01:06:53 PM »
I'll simply remind you that American  'English' is a VERY dumbed down version of the original and best ..with phonetic spelling to help all the non native speakers ...
Ignorant, arrogant, idiotic BS
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 01:24:47 PM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline DaveNY

EU Issues
« Reply #393 on: December 15, 2018, 01:38:52 PM »
'Understood'....

Now 'behave' yourself lest I have to place you in the trunk  boot of my automobile car, take you on a road-trip journey down the turn-pike motorway on the left hand side of the road in a right hand drive vehicle, stopping for gas petrol, lifting the hood bonnet to check the oil, burning rubber on my tires tyres - not forgetting proper use of  turn signals indicators.

You may have to endure rest-room  toilet breaks, my buying food to go take-aways, my burping after drinking soda lemonade and consider yourself lucky I don't need to stop for
fag breaks....

msmob again you're showing how little you know of your own past. Modern UK English derived from Middle English which in turn derived from Old English, the earliest form of modern English.

There is some controversy over how Old English developed. It is generally thought to have developed from the various dialects of the Germanic tribes that arrived in Great Britain about the 5th century.

So you see American English is an improvement, a superior form, of a once noble language that so desperately needed improving. Now if the UK will only see the wisdom of central heating, A/C and driving on the correct side of the road we can say that the UK have matured enough to enter the latter half of the 20th century. Getting the UK into the 21th century may require a great deal more work and probably won't happen until at least the latter of this century.

Offline mhr7

EU Issues
« Reply #394 on: December 15, 2018, 01:57:00 PM »
msmob again you're showing how little you know of your own past. Modern UK English derived from Middle English which in turn derived from Old English, the earliest form of modern English.

There is some controversy over how Old English developed. It is generally thought to have developed from the various dialects of the Germanic tribes that arrived in Great Britain about the 5th century.

So you see American English is an improvement, a superior form, of a once noble language that so desperately needed improving. Now if the UK will only see the wisdom of central heating, A/C and driving on the correct side of the road we can say that the UK have matured enough to enter the latter half of the 20th century. Getting the UK into the 21th century may require a great deal more work and probably won't happen until at least the latter of this century.

Over the last 250 or so years American English has changed less than British English.

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20180207-how-americans-preserved-british-english
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 02:08:58 PM by mhr7 »

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #395 on: December 15, 2018, 02:05:46 PM »

DaveNY,

Seriously.... ? You're 'lecturing' me with such bollox ? ..

'Even' I know that the 'proper English' spoken on the right side of the Atlantic Ocean is also a basterised combination of tongues of those who controlled / occupied the British Isles ...from Saxon, Celtic, Viking, Germanic tribes, Roman ( Latin) Saxon, Norman ( French) .... followed by nearly 1000 years of slow evolution. ( No further invasions )..

'You lot' managed to 'debase' it in 250 years ...

So you see American English is an improvement, a superior form, of a once noble language that so desperately needed improving.

You mean most of you can't spell properly - because you've been taught awful geography / history / 'English' ( incorrectly naming nations that existed before yours)  ?

Now if the UK will only see the wisdom of central heating, A/C and driving on the correct side of the road we can say that the UK have matured enough to enter the latter half of the 20th century. Getting the UK into the 21th century may require a great deal more work and probably won't happen until at least the latter of this century.

))

Modern UKs homes have c.heating / insulation / double glazing ( at least )  and rare are the days when aircon is necessary in the temperate climate of our fair isles ( i.e. we don't have Winter or Summer - just AUTUMN ( what's this 'Fall' ? ) and Summer

Also our homes don't fly off in strong winds ...

You keep saying you've lived in the UK / Russia - yet I constantly find cause to wonder given your bizarre recollections

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #396 on: December 15, 2018, 02:21:13 PM »
Over the last 250 or so years American English has changed less than British English.

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20180207-how-americans-preserved-british-english

She DEFINITELY lives in a dark corner of the internet ..

http://www.christinero.com/

" I get it, enough with the self-promotion already!"

VERY few Brits or Irish will EVER say "enough ... already" - unless of Jewish extraction or eastern Europeans - like Russians -  and their equivalent of уже..

So, you'll excuse me if I find the article you linked to and her own website as verging on the spectrum  ..

From the same BBC website area:

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20170904-how-americanisms-are-killing-the-english-language

"Despite having been born, raised and educated on British shores, it seems my mother tongue has been irreparably corrupted by the linguistic equivalent of the grey squirrel."

Offline mhr7

EU Issues
« Reply #397 on: December 15, 2018, 02:47:04 PM »
She DEFINITELY lives in a dark corner of the internet ..

http://www.christinero.com/

" I get it, enough with the self-promotion already!"

VERY few Brits or Irish will EVER say "enough ... already" - unless of Jewish extraction or eastern Europeans - like Russians -  and their equivalent of уже..

So, you'll excuse me if I find the article you linked to and her own website as verging on the spectrum  ..

From the same BBC website area:

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20170904-how-americanisms-are-killing-the-english-language

"Despite having been born, raised and educated on British shores, it seems my mother tongue has been irreparably corrupted by the linguistic equivalent of the grey squirrel."
The information in my posted article is historically accurate. Do your own research if you doubt it. If the British are using Americanisms, more power to them.  :clapping:

http://the-toast.net/2014/03/19/a-linguist-explains-british-accents-of-yore/

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #398 on: December 15, 2018, 09:01:45 PM »
The information in my posted article is historically accurate.

T wast a wacky opinion back'd up by some 'int'resting conclusions', arriving from subjective opinions...

How Shakespearean / 'American' does that sound to you ?

MY article was FAR more accurate

Offline mhr7

EU Issues
« Reply #399 on: December 15, 2018, 11:28:08 PM »
T wast a wacky opinion back'd up by some 'int'resting conclusions', arriving from subjective opinions...

How Shakespearean / 'American' does that sound to you ?

MY article was FAR more accurate

You've missed the point regarding OP.  But read this and keep weeping.

http://www.abroadintheyard.com/new-fangled-american-words-and-spellings-which-are-rooted-in-old-england/

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1994
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1978
Total: 1988

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM