It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Long time lurker saying hello  (Read 4129 times)

Offline SJR

Long time lurker saying hello
« on: June 28, 2020, 09:39:09 PM »
Hi,

I'm Seb, from the Netherlands but lived all over the world. I'm 30 years old, came over beginning of this year visiting my family (expat who works in Papua). Corona hit, world went to shit, I couldn't get back anymore either, so I made some contacts here and have now set up a business importing goods.

Was very apprehensive about family moving here as when you look up Papua new guinea, ALL the red flags are waving. We've lived in 3rd world countries before but was only worried about this one. Can just say I'm surprised about this country, in more ways than 1. Most of the things you read about Papua on the 'net simply don't happen any more. Big clean up in last few years. I sleep with my doors and windows open. Other not so nice surprises, cost of living here are INSANE! Groceries are 5x what i paid in Europe, easy. Rent? beyond insanity. 1300 USD a WEEK gets you 80 m2 apartment, furniture if you're lucky, in an older building. Houses start at 1500 USD/ Week, but if you want something half decent try 2000 USD/ week minimum. Internet is terrible, but that's as expected. I miss my 1GB/sec I had in europe. Hell. I miss my 10 mb/sec....

Not sure why I'm rambling on about those things. I don't work for the tourist board (presumably would be fired after posting this thread).

I've been reading @2tallbill's humorous threads about his visits to Ukraine and Russia. His pictures attempting to sit in the economy seats hit home hard. As someone more generously sized as Bill is, I'm sure he can understand my pain when I tried to wedge myself into my seat on the final leg of my journey here...and then the ductape went on the luggage holder cabinet things. That sure inspired confidence in their aircraft.

Anyhow, I'm here now. 30 years old and not married, time to grow up and find myself a wife. Pretty sure I don't want a local one from here...I've seen the pay by letter sites, thankfully never parted with money on those. Briefly thought about a monthly subscription service would be much better and gets rid of a lot of the scammers, but seems elenasmodels beat me to it by about 20 years. Maybe I should start an internet search engine or something...

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Long time lurker saying hello
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 12:42:26 AM »
Welcome, Lurker

Why are the rents SO high?

Offline Davo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 12:55:35 AM »
Welcome,

Nice to hear things aren’t as bad in Papua as they used to be. I was offered a supervisor position installing mining equipment there and in various mines in Australia. I had a few concerns, but a mate who surfs out of a village in the east every coupe of years said he’d never had a problem there and felt safe.

I’ve never used PPL sites, but you still have to navigate around scammers on monthly subscription sites. They are easy to spot...... Mostly airfare / visa scammers. There are probably some prodaters in the mix too. I’ve used dmnotify and met some nice women (only online). The site is proactive removing scammers. Try fdating which is free. You will have to deal with the odd scammer there to, but follow the basic scam checks and you won’t have a problem at all.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 12:57:49 AM by Davo »

Offline SJR

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 05:57:19 AM »
Welcome, Lurker

Why are the rents SO high?

Thank you. Companies generally want experienced expat staff , due to the bad reputation the country has still, they tend to sweeten the deal with perks such as rents paid. Landlords took advantage and now house prices are completely detached from reality. Some big deals fell through recently (Exxon oil for example), which will be felt pretty soon. Lots of new property build in anticipation of that deal going through, genuinely beautiful apartments, duplex and triplex penthouses build also, for an absolutely eye watering price tags...Tax isn't favourable at all here either. Long story short, take the next plane towards Fiji instead, much better tax, much nicer properties, much more affordable...and proper internet, LOL

Welcome,

Nice to hear things aren’t as bad in Papua as they used to be. I was offered a supervisor position installing mining equipment there and in various mines in Australia. I had a few concerns, but a mate who surfs out of a village in the east every coupe of years said he’d never had a problem there and felt safe.

I’ve never used PPL sites, but you still have to navigate around scammers on monthly subscription sites. They are easy to spot...... Mostly airfare / visa scammers. There are probably some prodaters in the mix too. I’ve used dmnotify and met some nice women (only online). The site is proactive removing scammers. Try fdating which is free. You will have to deal with the odd scammer there to, but follow the basic scam checks and you won’t have a problem at all.

Thanks for the tips!

Sadly no easily accessible surf where I am. We normally take a friends' boat and jetskis to a nice island 15 minutes away. Pristine waters and good company. Keeps you sane out here!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 07:27:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 10:18:42 AM »
hello Seb

I'm a big fan of Amsterdam, and was last there two years ago
unfortunately for you, I think international dating is going to be a problem because of increasing travel restrictions
I'm not sure of how you plan on dealing with that

any ideas?

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 10:35:49 AM »
I'm here now. 30 years old and not married,

Welcome to the forum Seb. Your status and age will make you appealing for a lot of women. If you have a great personality and decent looks, you should be successful finding a lady. If you're wise, you will discard the bad women and end up with a good one.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline SJR

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 05:34:11 PM »
hello Seb

I'm a big fan of Amsterdam, and was last there two years ago
unfortunately for you, I think international dating is going to be a problem because of increasing travel restrictions
I'm not sure of how you plan on dealing with that

any ideas?

I worked in Amsterdam for a year, it's nice to visit I agree. Hated working there (but I'm not a fan of cities in general...I prefer the quiet life!). As for international travel, that is indeed a tough one at the moment. Australia is as good as a no go, singapore only allows you to travel through it so long you're on the same airline (so erm, impossible since it's only a taxi service between here and singapore). Right now I can only sit here and wait.

Welcome to the forum Seb. Your status and age will make you appealing for a lot of women. If you have a great personality and decent looks, you should be successful finding a lady. If you're wise, you will discard the bad women and end up with a good one.

Thanks. I'm pretty relaxed really, avoid drama. I make friends very easy wherever I go. I've lived in 9 countries and 3 continents so far and visited many more, and never struggled making friends.

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers fellow tall person!

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 11:17:46 PM »
Very simple advice: move to Russia.

You're young, multi-lingual, well traveled -  it's the obvious thing to do if you're interested in Russian/Slavic women.

Start hitting up leads to get an expat job. Consider studies but universities may operate remotely for the new academic year.

The borders are closed until at least August. If they open they may shut again faster than you think. I believe the 'pandemic' may be used to usher in a new Iron Curtain. If you can get in, get in while you can.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2004
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1992
Total: 2002

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM