It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Depend financially on your wife?  (Read 5184 times)

Offline japtats

• Restricted
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Depend financially on your wife?
« on: December 22, 2020, 08:42:59 AM »
I see a few times guy post that they are marrying someone from example Moscow, and shocked when the woman says that whatever she earns she keeps. If your wife works, do you let her do as she pleases with the money she earnt?

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Depend financially on your wife?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 09:39:29 AM »
My wife tried this.
Then I got a court order to garnish her wages.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Goombah

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 09:55:40 AM »
My wife only worked part-time and earned a small fraction of what I did, so yeah, I let her do what she wanted - but made her responsible for her own gas and credit card usage.

Offline GenMish

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 10:38:28 AM »
I see a few times guy post that they are marrying someone from example Moscow, and shocked when the woman says that whatever she earns she keeps. If your wife works, do you let her do as she pleases with the money she earnt?

These days,
Her money is her money
Your money is her money too (thats why the marriage rate is dropping)

Back in the late 80s to early 90s, I lived with a girl that worked. We agreed I paid 70% of the bills, she paid 30%. That was actually a pretty good deal for me back then, because she cooked and cleaned too. So with all things being equal, its the equivalent of a 60/40. Caveat, we were both the same age

imo- If you find a young beauty, and she takes care of the home and has a job. I think its a given she gets to keep all the money she makes with conditions. If she has children, she quits her job and raises them. But you will agree to an allowance if thats the case. If you are close to the same age? No way unless you are really ugly and she is really beautiful

Offline japtats

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 02:53:34 AM »

I agree, some men are going for women that have the mentality of the man being the provider, and the woman works for her extra things.

The woman I am with , cooks , cleans , rubs coconut oil on my tattoos , buys my clothes online and collects them , does the shopping, makes me coffee , takes care of me in many ways

The least I can do is take a bit of care of her , let her spend her money. Treat her once a week to some small shopping , the support means I can make more money.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 01:38:57 PM by japtats »

Offline DCCowboy71

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 01:27:17 PM »
Maybe I just come from or was raised on older values. I feel like a Man should be able to stand on his own, and should be able to provide for his family if he has one. In my previous marriage I let my previous wife keep her own money. I do agree that there needs to be a joint checking account, but financial decisions need to be discussed and agreed mutually. I have never had the mind set that who I am to tell her she can't buy a pair of shoes or outfit. I think in a real honest relationship she would ask me just as much as I would ask her if I can buy a new turbo for my truck. But as I started this I don't think a Man should be dependent on his wife. Men were engineered differently than women, both mentally and physically. Cowboy the Fick UP.

Offline I/O

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 01:31:00 PM »
What's yours is hers and what's hers is her own... :cluebat:

Offline DCCowboy71

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 01:32:48 PM »
What's yours is hers and what's hers is her own... :cluebat:
Just as long as I get that bigger turbo for my Truck...... :P

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2020, 02:34:12 PM »
My wife tried this.
Then I got a court order to garnish her wages.

I have lots of favorite garnishes especially for Bloody Mary's
I even make spiced beans.

My favorite garnish for my wife is whipped cream (the canned spray type).   

« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 02:47:31 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline I/O

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2020, 02:49:11 PM »
Bill, you're a sick prick....🤣

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 02:53:27 PM »
Bill, you're a sick prick....🤣

I try  ;D
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2020, 09:04:44 PM »
  If your wife works, do you let her do as she pleases with the money she earns?
She works [making more than I ever did] and it pleases her to give the money to me
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 09:42:43 AM »
She works [making more than I ever did] and it pleases her to give the money to me

In a nutshell, same with me (at her age). Wifey was recently offered, and had since taken, a directorial position in a well known global (private) company and away from public accounting ( that she was starting to dread). She had reached a compensation package that’s beyond our expectation.

Mid-year last year, wifey was part of the massive furlough that hit accounting firms. From BDO-E&Y-Deloitte-etc...it was murderous for so many professionals in this industry. Wifey amongst them.  Each of them understands this also means rehire is not even a remote possibility anytime soon either.

But Wifey, as it had always been with her (us), there seems to be an upside to all the downturns that happens to us. Within the week, both our tenants called to inform us they found work and will soon continue to pay their normal rental sum, and her state unemployment compensation will get a $600.00/wk boost from the feds (thanks trumpy bear!). I tried to console and assure wifey, even without these that she had nothing to really worry about as we have more than ample resource and my work can more than adequately support us for as long a we need. I told her just to relax and enjoy the coming summer. Wifey just dislikes shortcomings, is all...

Anyway, one of the partner from her last company gave her a glaring reference to a globally known private company for the position they seek. HR contacted my wife to inquire of her interest. Interview dates were scheduled. 5 different people within the company, zoomed, in 2 weeks' time. 2 days after the final interview, HR sent an email advising her she'll be receiving a response from the company of her status interview result. A week later she received an offer letter. It was flattering and told my wife to sign it and send it back ASAP. I was immensely happy and proud for her. She relented. She said it wasn't enough. I looked at my wife and thought her durachka!. But I always trusted her instinct. Hell, she picked and married me after all...

16 years after stepping foot in the US, English ability fed only by 'bridge-to-English' CD just to be able to converse with me when we met in Moscow, my wife had reached a compensation package to be envied by any natural born American, male or female, at her age.

Last night we came back after looking over 4 mountain cabin properties we're thinking of getting while the rates are down. I am still hopeful that we extend the search to the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe. There's nothing wrong with Big Bear/Lake Arrowhead/Wrightwood. just that it's still in California. If the properties can be zoned for horses too, that will be even better. Wifey told me she's taking riding lessons this year, and had agreed with me that having a ranch home somewhere is our ultimate plan.

I had helped invest in my wife's education. A very small token for the promise I made to her that she gets the opportunity to find herself first. I thought that was the sanest, most fair way to give my wife at her age. All of 20 years.

There was a thread here full of absolution that a woman in her 20s, much less one that just turned the decade, just isn't capable of understanding life, much less know what they want. Funny. I'm glad I never paid much attention and credence to all these life and relationship 'advice' by internet experts.

Know thyself - and why.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 11:24:31 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline japtats

• Restricted
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 03:31:53 PM »
There was a thread here full of absolution that a woman in her 20s, much less one that just turned the decade, just isn't capable of understanding life, much less know what they want. Funny. I'm glad I never paid much attention and credence to all these life and relationship 'advice' by internet experts.

Some people can fall 100 times, and get back up 101 times. Some fall once, look for correlations , and hold those correlations as an absolute truth. Some  like myself can have a prediction, but also another predication that contradicts the initial one, and ready to see which is correct. I don't believe all 20 year olds don't know what they want, but i do believe nearly all 20 year olds don't know what they want. If i see a hot 20 year old, and she says she wants what i want, i will bite, if it turns out she is confused, i enjoy the ride, and carry on with the next girl
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 01:08:30 AM by japtats »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1996
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1985
Total: 1995

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM