It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 317711 times)

Offline John Gaunt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #1300 on: April 28, 2022, 11:23:52 AM »

You have no idea what checks are being done on Ukrainian refugees entering the UK.

The FACT's are that the media,the potential hosts who are providing accomodation and the opposition parties have   ALL been complaining about the unusual length of time it's taking for Ukrainians  being allowed into the UK.

5-6 weeks after the forms had been completed the visa's still hadn't been issued..why do you think that is ?
No facts here.
It’s just usual Home Office incompetence, nothing more sinister.

You’re taking 2+2 and making 5.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1301 on: April 28, 2022, 11:33:42 AM »
Grasping at straws using the common straw man argument?

I haven't kept track of who is sending what.  There is a list on Wiki but I don't know how accurate it is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_aid_to_Ukraine_during_the_Russo-Ukrainian_War

Well we've sent 5.500 NLAW anti-tank weapons,which the Ukrainians say are the best they've received...although the Javelin may prove better in the Donbas as it's more open and less close combat.

We've also sent the Star-streak Air defence systems ,which the Ukrainians have also raved about.

We're sending armoured Star-streak Air defence systems ,armoured troop carriers and anti-ship missile systems..Ukrainian troops are currently being trained on all these.

We've also  recently put boots on the ground in Ukraine ,with elite Special Forces troops giving hands-on training to Ukrainian troops in Ukraine.

There's a reason why Ukrainians now consider us their second favourite country and cannot thank us enough for our support.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1302 on: April 28, 2022, 11:41:53 AM »
No facts here.
It’s just usual Home Office incompetence, nothing more sinister.

You’re taking 2+2 and making 5.

On 9th March Boris Johnson stated that Britain needed to carry out security checks on Ukrainian refugees when asked about the delays in letting them enter the UK.

He also said they were needed to stop "unscrupulous " Putin exploiting the situation.

I'll leave that fact there.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 11:46:23 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1303 on: April 28, 2022, 11:45:26 AM »

You have no idea what checks are being done on Ukrainian refugees entering the UK.

That's a fair response.  Do you have information indicating UA folks seeking temporary shelter in UK are being delayed more than the norm due to security concerns and additional security checks?

It seems the UK, unlike EU, requires a visa before entering. Huge bureaucratic hurdle, possibly made more difficult by reports of possible abuse of the new Homes for Ukraine scheme and having to first ensure that those offering homes are qualified to do so and have appropriate living space.

Maybe any additional 'security checks' are aimed at prospective UK hosts instead?  For example, single males desiring to sponsor single UA females.  Hmm... Where have I heard that before?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 11:51:58 AM by BC »

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1304 on: April 28, 2022, 11:54:46 AM »
That's a fair response.  Do you have information indicating UA folks seeking temporary shelter in UK are being delayed more than the norm due to security concerns and additional security checks?

It seems the UK, unlike EU, requires a visa before entering. Huge bureaucratic hurdle, possibly made more difficult by reports of possible abuse of the new Homes for Ukraine scheme and having to first ensure that those offering homes are qualified to do so and have appropriate living space.

Maybe any additional 'security checks' are aimed at prospective UK hosts instead?  For example, single males desiring to sponsor single UA females.  Hmm... Where have I heard that before?

I just covered about the security checks in my post above while you were posting this.

As for dodgy single men in the UK trying to sponsor single UA females for sexual motives ..yep that has been happening :(

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #1305 on: April 28, 2022, 12:05:29 PM »

On 9th March Boris Johnson stated that Britain needed to carry out security checks on Ukrainian refugees when asked about the delays in letting them enter the UK.

He also said they were needed to stop "unscrupulous " Putin exploiting the situation.

I'll leave that fact there.
Normal checks carried out on every visa applicant from every country. The point is there are no additional checks done on UKR applicants, let alone any by the Ukrainians. That would require data sharing agreements.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1306 on: April 28, 2022, 12:57:19 PM »
Normal checks carried out on every visa applicant from every country. The point is there are no additional checks done on UKR applicants, let alone any by the Ukrainians. That would require data sharing agreements.

You can argue until you're Blue in the face.

The FACT remains that our Prime Minister specifically mentioned Putin as the reason for the security checks on Ukrainians coming into the UK.

On 1st March in the House of Commons Tory MP Mark Harper ,a former Immigration Minister, said "The Putin regime is a regime that will not hesitate to send agents here to kill British citizens .It's the Home Secretary's job to make sure we keep people safe."

If you think they've been doing that by just doing bog-standard checks i'd say you're being very naive.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 01:00:09 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #1307 on: April 28, 2022, 03:29:02 PM »

You can argue until you're Blue in the face.

The FACT remains that our Prime Minister specifically mentioned Putin as the reason for the security checks on Ukrainians coming into the UK.

On 1st March in the House of Commons Tory MP Mark Harper ,a former Immigration Minister, said "The Putin regime is a regime that will not hesitate to send agents here to kill British citizens .It's the Home Secretary's job to make sure we keep people safe."

If you think they've been doing that by just doing bog-standard checks i'd say you're being very naive.
You haven’t a scooby doo.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1308 on: April 30, 2022, 09:44:05 AM »
As of Monday 25th April,27100 Ukrainian Refugees/Asylum seekers have now arrived in the UK. :)

Going by national governments’ official numbers, Germany is their most likely destination: more Ukrainians (almost 400,000) are already here than in other large European states such as France (51,000), Italy, (about 100,000) and Spain (135,000). Britain, outside the EU and with a slow-moving visa system in place, has taken in only about 27,000, although 86,000 visas have been granted.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/30/ukraine-refugees-are-flocking-to-germany-and-shunning-the-uk
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline ML

Actual story from Kharkiv
« Reply #1309 on: April 30, 2022, 11:13:36 AM »
We went to a concert last night with music honoring Ukraine.
First time our entire Ukrainian group has been together since last summer.
The parents of three of the married Ukrainian couples are now here in USA.

One set of parents from Kharkiv.  They are quite well-to-do (at at least were) and had nice apartment in city center and a large dacha outside of town.  Apartment completely demolished.

They went to the dacha as soon as Russian terrorists invaded.
It has a large basement and eventually 16 people ended up there and stayed together for over 30 days.  The missiles and artillery rounds came over the dacha daily.  They came up out of basement for only short periods to get additional supplies, etc.

Only 2 Russian soldiers came to the dacha.  They were very young and very scared.  They only pointed their rifles at ground.  They told that 60 of their tanks had been destroyed and they wanted to surrender.  The father made contact with Ukrainian soldiers who came and took the young men away.

The son here in USA made arrangements with friends in Kharkiv to retrieve his parents and get them to Polish border.  The mother was (and still is) extremely traumatized and refused to leave the basement.  Finally she agreed to leave as son was saying, if she didn't, he would have to come get her himself.

She (mid 60s) now just sits and stares blankly into space.  Previously she was the most active and talkative of the group of parents.

Another of the fathers has prostate cancer and his daughter here having to pay full price for treatments as no insurance.  Luckily she and her French husband can afford as they are both professors here in demand fields making over $150,000 each.

All of these parents have been here before and have multi entry visas.  I think they said they can stay for 18 months under new provisions.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1310 on: April 30, 2022, 01:42:18 PM »
Putler.....destroying people's lives daily.

I doubt the Russian people are elated at seeing their 18 year-olds now getting called up to fight in Ukraine...they must know by now the fate awaiting them.

It's up to the Russians to change things by ousting him and replacing him with a moderate to save their country from disaster.

Offline ML

Putin’s war and Russian identity.   April 30, 2022 by Anastasia Edel

“Russia is not Putin.” As a lecturer in Russian history, and an ex-Soviet Russian American, I have said these words many times. But now the treasures of Russia’s culture — its poetry, novels, movies, theater, symphonies — must be weighed against the current regime’s premeditated murder of the innocent. In this new world, the rest of Russian history and culture is reduced to mere back story by Feb. 24.

Start with what Ivan Turgenev called the “great, powerful, righteous and free Russian language” that should comfort me in “days of dreary musings.” As a writer whose sensibility was shaped by Russian and Soviet classics, I took great pains to teach Russian to my American-born children. I wanted them to read Alexander Pushkin’s verses, Anton Chekhov’s stories and Mikhail Bulgakov’s novels — all those books my husband and I brought with us to America —in the language in which they were written.

But I cannot view Russian today as righteous or free. I hear it as the language of Russian occupiers and officials telling Ukrainians to surrender, or of Ukrainian defenders swearing at a Russian warship: a tool for battlefield exchanges. It’s the language wielded by mothers in Kharkiv, Kyiv and Bucha to curse the killers of their children. The war, cynically unfolding during the Great Lent, has tainted the Russian language, just as it has the Russian Orthodox Church, whose head blessed the invasion. I haven’t picked up a Russian book in seven weeks. Nor did I buy egg decoration kits for the Russian Easter last Sunday.

Then there’s what I was taught to view as “Russian character” — my character. Teachers, movies, plays and textbooks told me that wars of aggression were the lot of other nations; that the very purpose of our existence was to heroically defend the Motherland. We were the nation of “Peace to the World” (a giant sign next to my house in the U.S.S.R.), of “Ask those soldiers lying under the birch trees if Russians want war” (a line from a song we learned in school).

But Vladimir Putin has hijacked the real suffering that World War II brought to the U.S.S.R. and used it to feed the cult of Russian victory.  For years, his propaganda machine stoked aggression under the guise of celebrating heroism. But how can Russia be a nation of heroes if it kills and tortures its neighbors? As bombs pummel Ukrainian cities, the Russian part of my Russian American identity is slowly dying.
I held hope during the first days of war that at last Putin had gone too far. The Russian people would rise up, sweeping away the regime that deceives them, abuses them, steals their children’s future. Russia would “wake up from its slumber,” as Pushkin would put it, and do away with “oppressive reign” — with a popular movement to stop the death and destruction, cracking open the door to redemption.

Two months in, the war shows no signs of abating. Thousands are dead, mutilated, brutalized. The hope for revolution is gone. The nation of Chekhov and Dostoyevsky has failed to stop the atrocities waged in its name. Plenty of Russians oppose the war, but whether deceived by propaganda or frightened by the ever-worsening repression in their country, many have been cowed into outward support or even acceptance. “If there’s no nuclear bombing,” a relative in Moscow told me, “one can live.”

Most of the Russian Americans I know are in a state of shock, disbelief — and guilt by association. As we follow the plight of our Ukrainian family and friends, it feels as though we’re sleepwalking. It doesn’t matter how strongly we have opposed Putin’s regime or how long ago we left. We know that there’s no return to our pre-war selves: Our identities have to be rebuilt. I’m not sure who I will be when I start sifting through the rubble.

Hope, however, is a stubborn thing. From a picture-perfect California college town, my older daughter sends me her poem. “My heart beats,” it starts, “at the same fluttering pace as one that breathes the fumes of evil in Kyiv, and breaks the same, across the vast Pacific.” My younger daughter, a high schooler, records a Ukrainian folk song and asks me to send it to my colleague in Odesa as he shelters in the underground garage of his apartment building from Russian air strikes.  My daughters, born an ocean away, take this tragedy as their tragedy. They think about the world deeply. They are against this awful war. And they insist that they are Russian.

Since Feb. 24, I have felt like the words “good” and “Russian” can scarcely coexist. But as my first-generation Russian American daughters pray for peace and fund raise for Ukraine, I can envision a different Russian identity: humbler, freer and with a stronger sense of collective responsibility. First, we must end this war.

Anastasia Edel, a San Francisco-based writer who grew up in southern Russia, is the author of “Russia: Putin’s Playground: Empire, Revolution, and the New Tsar.”
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1312 on: May 01, 2022, 12:51:50 PM »
Thanks for posting this article ML. A profound and interesting read....
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline ML

Mother's Day Wishes
« Reply #1313 on: May 08, 2022, 05:46:20 AM »
Best wishes to all the Mother's today !  :-)   :)   :D

And greeting to you 'muthers' also.

Offline ML

On the front line in Ukraine's invasion by Russian terrorists
« Reply #1314 on: May 09, 2022, 10:18:32 AM »
My wife's closest relative has now been sent to the front lines somewhere around Kharkiv.

He volunteered in first days of war and is assigned to a medical unit.

Our life here in USA will be shattered if . . .

He has contributed his nearly new automobile to the war effort.

- - - - -

In other news, wife of my wife's close relative in Ireland has landed a full time job with Irish government working with Ukrainian refugees.

She had earlier gotten a part-time job in local school district working with Ukrainian kids enrolled in Irish schools.

- - - - -

The three female cousins and 2 children living in my wife's townhouse in Ireland have repainted it top to bottom, and this past weekend cleaned and refinished the back decking.  Next they will work on the wood fencing and a storage building.

Offline ML

Even after recent declines, the stock market isn’t a good value
« Reply #1315 on: June 06, 2022, 04:11:23 PM »
For those of you who have some 'extra' cash, it appears this is still not the time to put it in the stock market.

I have felt this way, and the more detailed research by the respected author confirms this.

WALL STREET JOURNAL REPORTS: PERSONAL INVESTING
Are Stocks Undervalued Yet?
Eight valuation models suggest that even after recent declines, the stock market isn’t a good value
By Mark Hulbert
June 4, 2022 5:30 am ET

http://www.wsj.com/articles/stock-market-undervalued-bear-market-11654263036

http://newslettercollector.com/newsletter/markets-special-edition-are-stocks-undervalued-yet/

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #1316 on: June 06, 2022, 07:51:08 PM »
ya wanna invest in commodities that Russia controls, but the appreciation may have already happened
I bought nickle, platinum, palladium and petroleum futures last year
I previously bought foreclosed houses and rent them, I average an 8% return this way minus taxes, insurance, maintenance
and a market approciation of 200-300% since purchase, which is untaxed, but does raise the rents
but that was many years ago, you can't buy ANY foreclosures now, cuz corporate bidders are there and drove up the prices
investing in busineseses with a cash flow is good as well
i'm retiring soon and will live quite comfortably off my investments

Offline ML

Scientific Tips For Post-Covid Flirting
« Reply #1317 on: June 21, 2022, 04:15:30 PM »
Scientific Tips For Post-Covid Flirting

SUSAN PINKER  Wall Street Journal

NOW THAT MANY of us are emerging from our Covid shells, blinking at the spring sun, it’s time  to refresh some pre-pandemic pastimes. Like flirting, for example.

A dating app can call up several romantic prospects within a five mile radius of where you stand, but can it hold your gaze, or lightly brush your bare arm while passing by?
No, for subtle—and not so subtle—sexual signals, nothing beats the frisson one gets when flirting in person.  If, after over two years, you can’t remember how it’s done, a new research
paper offers helpful guidance as to what types of signals work best, with whom, and under what conditions.
To take some familiar examples:
When a woman shows a bit of skin, moves close to a man, brushes by him or otherwise makes body contact, men are moved to pursue the relationship, at least in the short term.
A woman is likely to show interest in a man who makes her laugh, is generous, looks her in the eye and is a good listener, among other signs that show that he has resources to spare and is
ready to commit.
Humans have been using these strategies to attract mates for millions of years, according to evolutionary psychologists. Those that worked were passed along to the next generations and still provide a distant thrum underlying our efforts to attract and keep a partner.
But after decades of flux in sexual and gender power dynamics, have the old ways of wooing lost some of their hold?
Women have equaled or overtaken men in some occupations and even out-earned them in a few others.
Does a man’s ability to flaunt his wealth still work as a flirting strategy?
Is a woman’s appearance and willingness to make body contact still as important in attracting a man’s interest?
The study, “Perceived Effectiveness of Flirtation Tactics,” compared the flirting preferences of more than 1,000 heterosexual persons between 18 and 30 years old who completed a 40-item questionnaire about flirting and sexual attraction.
Half were in the U.S., half in Norway.
The research team, led by Leif Edward Otteson Kennair of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology and T. Joel Wade of Bucknell University, set out to bolster the evolutionary
arguments about flirting described in a 1993 paper by David Buss and David Schmitt. The two University of Michigan psychology professors found that men and women evolved flirting strategies unique to each sex and specific to a short-or long-term goal.
For a fling, a man would seek signals that a woman is sexually available and looking for minimal commitment.
For a long term commitment, he would favor someone young and attractive—stand-ins for fertility—who would be faithful and a good parent.
Women seeking short-term partners look for signals of physical strength and generosity.
For the long term, women look for observable cues of ambition, industry, income and status.
Primal signals are at work when it comes to flirting; triggers have persisted over time, across continents and cultural divides. The question now is whether in-person flirting is the same as before the pandemic, the same as before women’s educational and occupational gains and nearly the same as eons ago. And the answer seems to be yes, yes and yes.
There is one difference. In the past, being funny was a pivotal trait for a man, but a woman’s jokes often didn’t register.
Now, the latest research shows, humor is a gender-equal form of flirting.
All of this suggests that you can rely on your muscle memory of flirting, as not much has changed.

So for the men here who are looking, the big take-away is  . . .

Women look for observable cues of ambition, industry, income, status and humor.

Offline ML

Biden Got The Energy Market He Wanted
« Reply #1318 on: June 24, 2022, 07:40:10 AM »
Biden Got The Energy Market He Wanted   WSJ                June 23, 2022

Since taking office, Mr. Biden has labored hard to make American fossil-fuel production more costly so green energy alternatives become more attractive. He succeeded, and the result is record prices.

Trying to limit the political damage of skyrocketing gasoline prices, the Biden administration on Sunday trotted out Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm.

Appearing on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Ms. Granholm said “we need to have increased production, so that everyday citizens in America will not be feeling this pain that they’re feeling right now.”

The context of the discussion was President Biden’s upcoming visit to the Gulf Cooperation Council, where he’ll ask the Saudis to increase oil production. Ms. Granholm got the general principle right: The answer to high prices is increased supply. What she got wrong was locating the solution some 7,500 miles away in Middle Eastern oil fields.

On his first day in office, Mr. Biden canceled the Keystone XL pipeline and halted new leases in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. A week later, he banned new oil and gas leases on federal lands and waters, and in June he shut down exploration on existing leases in ANWR. In October, he increased the regulatory burdens on building pipelines and other infrastructure. This February he limited leasing in Alaska’s National Petroleum Reserve. At every turn Team Biden has worked to restrict and reduce domestic oil and gas production.

Almost a year after a federal judge enjoined the White House from implementing its pause on leases in federal lands and waters, the administration in April finally offered 144,400 acres for exploration—only 20% of the acreage originally slated for this tranche of leases. The administration also raised the federal royalty by 50%, increasing the cost on American consumers. It nominated regulatory officials hostile to fossil fuels and issued climate disclosure rules that made lenders skittish about providing capital.

Team Biden got what it wanted: Daily U.S. oil production dropped from 12.29 million barrels in 2019 to an estimated 11.85 million in 2022, well after demand had rebounded from the pandemic.

Mr. Biden blames Vladimir Putin, but prices rose quite a bit before Russia invaded Ukraine. In January 2021, the average price of regular gasoline was $2.33 a gallon. By February 2022, it was up to $3.52. As of May, the average price was $4.44; so 56% of that price rise predated the invasion.

After doing everything in his power to constrict American supply, Mr. Biden is now threatening a windfall-profits tax, even though oil and gas production saw only a 4.7% net profit margin last year. Compare that with Microsoft’s 39% net margin, Facebook’s 33%, Google’s 30% and Apple’s 27%. Yet Mr. Biden won’t confiscate tech company profits.

The president now proposes a three-month holiday from the 18.4-cent-a-gallon federal gasoline tax. But this would raise demand and increase the deficit while doing nothing to boost production.

If Mr. Biden were serious about lowering fuel prices, he’d follow the advice of President Clinton’s Treasury Secretary Larry Summers, who suggested Sunday “an all-in more- energy-supply approach that emphasizes freeing up fossil fuels.” That means undoing all of Mr. Biden’s earlier decisions that pushed oil and gas prices up. It’s important to start now. It took a year and a half of bad actions to get here; it’ll take time to increase supply and thereby produce downward pressure on prices.

In pursuit of climate goals, Mr. Biden’s policies raised costs for oil and gas and reduced supply. The result is higher gasoline and diesel prices at a time when inflation is already driving up the price of everything else. Mr. Biden got what he wanted, and it’s making life harder for ordinary
Americans.

The fault lies with Mr. Biden, not with Putin, the US oil industry or Middle Eastern oil producers.

Karl Rove

Online krimster2

« Reply #1319 on: June 24, 2022, 09:15:00 AM »
Sure…
go ahead and pay Russians and Arabs for your oil while simultaneously destroying the planet
sounds REAL SMART!

Make sure there’s as much anti-renewable propaganda as possible, because every watt of renewable means one less watt of fossil fuel profit
sounds REAL SMART!

and make sure the oil and gas monopolies will keep dumping money on the politicians who are supposed to regulate them...
yeah, that sounds REAL SMART to

gawsh yur a gen-yus

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Best energy plan is............
« Reply #1320 on: June 24, 2022, 10:08:36 AM »
Sure…
go ahead and pay Russians and Arabs for your oil while simultaneously destroying the planet
sounds REAL SMART!

What's dumb is to attack and try to destroy your ONLY reliable source of energy
before you have something to replace it. Biden's fallback plan B was to beg the
Arabs and Venezuelan's for it. What's dumb is to evacuate the military from
Afghanistan before the civilians or the military hardware. Ask Ukraine if they
would have liked to have some of that stuff.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 10:17:58 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online krimster2

« Reply #1321 on: June 24, 2022, 10:22:54 AM »
sure let the MOST RADICAL SUNNI ISLAMIC Republic kill as many people as it wants
who cares if they finaced 9-11 or the Khobar Towers bombing, or killed a journalist and dismembered his body
cuz OIL!!!

guess what country all our renewable energy comes from?
our OWN!!!

guess how long it'll last?

guess what the "monthly consumables" cost is

guess how many jobs creating this industry would create HERE!!!

but it will 100% negatively impact fossil fuel profits and their political donations
so, well, forget about it...
they'll make sure it never sees the light of day, by espousing the usual TOTAL BS THEY ALWAYS DO!

the usual Trump supporters brainwashed by right-wing media will ALL support the fossil fuel industry!!!
why?

Guns
Jesus
Babies
white supremecy
hating on libs and liberalism

meanwhile, the world is turning into an apocalyptic nightmare, right before your eyes, and you're all FURIOUJSLY trying to pin it on Biden
you can't REALLY be this freakin dumb, or can you?
after all, YOU ALL voted for Trump, WTF is WRONG with your brain, does it hurt verry much?
I hope you get well...
my kindest regards

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 10:34:14 AM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

How we got to gas prices
« Reply #1322 on: June 24, 2022, 10:48:37 AM »
Note:  To add a bit of clarification, I was not indicating that what Biden did was wrong or that it is not a good goal to work toward green energy.

The point was . . . Biden took policy down a particular path. 
This path led to the outcome. 
Not man-like to not own up to how we got to the current outcome.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1323 on: June 24, 2022, 11:03:33 AM »
I disagree with Rove. Prices would be exactly where they are even without those policies because of the war. They would have likely been in the $85 range even without a war. The problem is that there isn’t refining capacity in the US. It’s not about a lack of oil.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

« Reply #1324 on: June 24, 2022, 11:06:38 AM »
The oil companies are fully vested in higher prices and support pro-fossil fuel friendly political candidates

they have 100X more to do with gas prices than Biden…
but sure, go ahead and give them a free pass, while you jump on Biden
cuz that’s why the oil companies all pay heavily into FOX, to make sure people like you feel this way

please don’t quote Karl Rove as a credible source on ANYTHING other than BIG DONOR Republican Propaganda

and I got your “MAN UP” right here holmes….

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2234
Total: 2245

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM