It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 287514 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1975 on: May 15, 2022, 04:18:29 PM »
Europe isn't financing anything. Like usual they will pay less than 10% of the
tab, which isn't even a decent tip.

The criticism would not work using the US, since even before the invasion, Russia’s entire economy was smaller than that of Texas.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #1976 on: May 15, 2022, 05:10:48 PM »
Russia can’t fix it’s internal economic problems, because the people who control the economy, are the ones who drained and broke it in the first place

the only economic model they understand is to monetize a resource and sell it abroad, and take most of the profits offshore for the chosen few

but they have already done that with what they currently control in Russia, fossil fuels, etc

so there’s no room to expand their way out of the economic malaise they’re in

except…

to gain new territory and new resources

that’s where Ukraine comes in

400 million people depend on Ukraine as a food source
Russian planners know that global warming will within 10 years cause a global food shortage
pushing up demand and prices
adding food to fuel exports, will give Russia TREMENDOUS international leverage

another resource that Russia has in short supply, is people
Russia’s population today, is about where it was in the mid 1980s thanks to a major demographic decline.  In comparison, USA population expanded by 40% during this time

so seizing Ukraine from fascists, nudge, nudge, wink, wink
will solve in the short term the economic and demographic problems
as well as provide a strategic military geographic advantage
side benefit is that during war time, Russians will not be allowed to have anti-Putin protests
cuz it would be so very unpatriotic

this is the wind that’s propelling the sails of the floating Potemkin village
unfortunately, they got lost, and ran the ship aground

so what’s next for this Russian version of Gilligan’s Island
will they just stay on the island
or try to fix the boat and leave?

Hmmmm…..
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 05:20:29 PM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1977 on: May 15, 2022, 06:50:22 PM »
The criticism would not work using the US, since even before the invasion, Russia’s entire economy was smaller than that of Texas.

Can we just send the Texas Rangers (not the sports team) to take care of the Russian military ?

Texas Rangers | Department of Public Safety
http://www.dps.texas.gov › section › texas-rangers
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

« Reply #1978 on: May 15, 2022, 08:45:26 PM »
I was playing hide-and-go-seek  with my wife, but she cheated and got the stud finder from my toolbox and found me

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1979 on: May 16, 2022, 04:34:29 AM »
I was playing hide-and-go-seek  with my wife, but she cheated and got the stud finder from my toolbox and found me

I like it.

And by coincidence . . . we just finished a session.

Good timing, as wife leaves tomorrow for a trip to Ireland to visit relatives living there and those who came from Ukraine.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1980 on: May 16, 2022, 06:35:08 AM »
The 74th Motorized Rifle Brigade were the elite among the Orcs.

They had just been re-trained for modern warfare and had been equipped with new equipment.

In the Orc disaster at the Bilohorivka Pontoon river crossing they sustained 485 casualties out of a total of 550 and lost 80 vehicles to Ukrainian Artillery.

In other news Ukrainian troops were shown on film on the BBC today at the Orc border and looking like they're keen to push on.

and why not ?

The Orc Miltary is on its knees in Ukraine..either destroyed or bogged down.

Putler would find it very difficult to use his WMD if the Ukrainians have taken Orc cities...as it would mean bombing his own country.

It would be difficult for even him and his regime to hide things like radiation sickness as it spreads across Russia, or all the power going off, from even his gullible citizens.

Uncontrollable wildfires spreading from the east,which will get even worse as summer kicks-in and an angry Ukrainian Military advancing from the South would be very interesting >:D

Taking Russia would be an excellent way to stop the Orcs ever attacking Ukraine again.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 06:57:10 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Online krimster2

« Reply #1981 on: May 16, 2022, 07:58:43 AM »
My mama said:

“no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it.  One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship.”

and yes, George Orwell was my mother!

so, the Russian dick taters may change faces, but not core goals
the war of Russian dick taters against Ukraine, will be continuing for generations
it’s already been going on for centuries
whatever happens now is only temporary

Meanwhile…

it looks like the Russian plan to encircle Ukrainians in the East has been called off
and in the south, they are changing from offensive operations to defensive

so more or less, Russia has pushed the “pause button” on the war
while they go to the kitchen to “whip up something” and then come back and press the “play button” and continue the movie from where they stopped it
hoping that the freshly made snack will make the "kino" more enjoyable for them

I'm too sexy for my hat, too sexy for my hat
whatcha think about that?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 08:38:14 AM by krimster2 »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1982 on: May 16, 2022, 09:35:23 AM »

What's that got to do with the absence of air on the moon? The size of Russia's
economy affects French or Belgian aid to Ukraine?

Europe is paying for about 10% of the aid to Ukraine. There is a zero percent
chance of Russia invading the USA. The same can't be said for Europe.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1983 on: May 16, 2022, 09:56:06 AM »
It’s about how “great” the Russian economy is doing. It’s not, and it never was.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

« Reply #1984 on: May 16, 2022, 10:15:33 AM »
The true economic cost of the war is difficult to calculate, cuz even the human cost includes an economic element as well

allegedly, Russia is spending 900 million dollars per day, to directly fund the war
http://www.newsweek.com/russia-spending-estimated-900-million-day-ukraine-war-1704383

so by the end of the month they will have spent roughly 100 billion USD in direct costs

assuming Rand Paul’s effort to derail congressional funding of the war will fail, then the USA will have spent about half this amount during the same period (but of course the 30 billion in aid will largely be in the future, so you have to add some amount to the Russian side, so it may be closer to 1/3 Russia’s spending, say by end of summer

since the war started, crude oil is up about 40%, this may take 1 to 2% out of the USA’s GDP
Russia on the other hand, is expected to lose about 12% due to sanctions this year

then of course, there’s the human cost
Russia has lost a third of its forces KIA or WIA and a LOT of equipment
right now, the KIA is about half what we had in the Vietnam war,  in a 12 year period
while the West has lost a couple of volunteers and journalists

we have gained A LOT of valuable intelligence, and weapons testing
while Russians have received humiliation

I don’t really know what combined European spending is
but I’d expect it to be more than 10% of what the US has spent thus far
it’s too much work to go list country by country, unless someone has already done this work

The west has to look at this expense now, for what it could save it in the future
it’s like auto-maintenance, if you don’t change the oil now, then later, you’ll have to change the engine

if you don’t stop Russia now
then you’ll have to stop Russia and Ukraine later
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 10:30:34 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1985 on: May 16, 2022, 02:16:16 PM »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1986 on: May 16, 2022, 02:30:12 PM »

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1987 on: May 16, 2022, 02:37:19 PM »
This was on Russian television.

http://mobile.twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1526293852704890882

I'm surprised he's allowed onto Russian State TV.

I saw him about a week ago on a Russian TV clip somewhere else saying the Russian campaign was going disastrously,and that Russia hasn't got  good enough reserves in their manpower to change the outcome...the rest of the speakers on that particular show looked suicidal when he'd finished talking..it was comical to see their downcast reaction. :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 02:39:35 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1988 on: May 16, 2022, 02:48:20 PM »
Good interview-

http://archive.ph/24NYM

Very concerning news tonight that the wounded Military from the Azovstal plant have surrendered to Russian forces and are being taken to Russian controlled Donbas.

If the reports are correct i can't see any of them being seen alive again. :(

If it was me i'd sooner suffer and die in the steel plant,surrounded by friends and colleagues, than let those Orcs get their hands on me and torture me to death.

People are waiting for Zelensky's statement tonight for clarification.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 02:54:33 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1989 on: May 16, 2022, 03:24:27 PM »
Update from Ukrainian Military.

53 seriously wounded troops taken to a hospital in Novoazovsk,which is in Russian controlled Donbas.

211 have been taken to the infamous RUS/DNR filtration camp at Olenivka . (where some might be lucky enough to survive the interrogations for POW swaps with Orcs.)

Online krimster2

« Reply #1990 on: May 16, 2022, 05:06:01 PM »
in “Russki yazyk” this is the public’s first preview of the War’s new direction
kinda like a strip tease that slowly reveals what’s beneath after removing the obscuring garments one at a time… and this video was the first glove to drop off

so, if there ain’t a massive mobilization (most likely choice to get off Gilligan’s Island)
then it’s gotta be Novichok  or Nukes
if it’s Nukes, then I’m predicting a warning shot in space at night first, to warn the west about any escalating after Russia uses WMDs, I really do have my camera ready pointed out the large window overlooking the back porch focused on the sky to catch it

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1991 on: May 16, 2022, 09:40:18 PM »
CB, he could have been allowed to appear if Russian strategy, or even retreat, is being reconsidered.

My preference would be a negotiated peace, perhaps give up Crimea.

Here’s another military analysis-

http://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/the-ingenious-strategy-that-could-win-the-war-for-ukraine-20220517-p5alz4.html

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1992 on: May 16, 2022, 11:37:30 PM »
in “Russki yazyk” this is the public’s first preview of the War’s new direction
kinda like a strip tease that slowly reveals what’s beneath after removing the obscuring garments one at a time… and this video was the first glove to drop off

so, if there ain’t a massive mobilization (most likely choice to get off Gilligan’s Island)
then it’s gotta be Novichok  or Nukes
if it’s Nukes, then I’m predicting a warning shot in space at night first, to warn the west about any escalating after Russia uses WMDs, I really do have my camera ready pointed out the large window overlooking the back porch focused on the sky to catch it

USA/NATO isn't backing down as the USA on Saturday successfully tested a  new hypersonic weapon...with" speeds five times greater than the speed of sound ".

The test,which was conducted in the Pacific off the coast of California,comes just weeks after the UK,USA and Australia agreed to work together on hypersonic and anti-hypersonic weaponry.

As for Putler using ANY WMD,including Nukes ,then NATO has already told him that nothing will be off the table in their response to that.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 11:50:50 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1993 on: May 17, 2022, 12:47:45 AM »
The Orcs suffer losses in heavy fighting near Sievierodonetsk,retreat on several more fronts.

However,they continue their offensive in the eastern Donbas region with their main efforts focused on Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 12:59:58 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1994 on: May 17, 2022, 01:24:48 AM »

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1995 on: May 17, 2022, 01:54:30 AM »
I've just been watching a CNN report on the SBU arresting spies for the Orcs in Ukraine.

The SBU are arresting one or two spies a day.

They caught one today in Slovyansk..he was recruited online and gets paid $10 for any info he gives the Orcs about Ukrainian military installations/housing  in the area so they can be targeted...the SBU checked his phone and the Orcs were thanking him for the info from him they'd successfully used the previous day.

Seriously,what kind of person gives up the lives of people for $10 ?

He'll get life imprisonment if successfully convicted .

I'd have shot him on the spot..but that's just me.

Maybe they do when the TV cameras are not present. >:D

This was always my biggest concern in this war in that there are so many ethnic pro-Russians living in Ukraine,who will happily betray the Ukrainians they live among.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 01:57:58 AM by Chelseaboy »

Online krimster2

« Reply #1996 on: May 17, 2022, 07:08:16 AM »
I am well aware of the existence of the AGM-183A
However, this is a prototype years away from deployment
meanwhile, Russia has used about 12 hypersonic missiles in Ukraine with conventional warheads

Russia has “talked the talk” about nukes
but at some point, “reality” may force them to “walk the walk” in Ukraine

Russia has about 2,000 tactical nukes, including neutron bombs and nuclear EMP bombs
no problem for them to change warheads

the USA and NATO have conducted themselves with a strategy of “minimum risk” to themselves
that has “telegraphed” to Russia what they will or will not do
NATO’s strategy is to WEAKEN Russia, while receiving minimal physical damage in return

Russia can signal to NATO that ANY use of direct military force by NATO will be meant with a nuclear response

this is called “raising the bet”
I don’t think NATO would cover that bet, and they’d fold

I don’t think it would take more than a handful of tactical nukes against Ukraine’s military
and maybe Kiev, for the war to come to a close

an alternative to the nukes would be Novichok, which would not be “as clean” to use as nukes
because deploying Novichok takes a lot of skill, nukes just require a warhead substitution

by using nukes, Russia will change the dynamics of the game both for Ukraine and the West
neither really has a response if Russia uses nukes (this is why the USA's response is so vague)
and the Russians know this

the problem is this:
Russia has already spent 100 billion USD on funding the war, and have had hundreds of billions of state and oligarch assets seized, and their economy will lose hundreds of billions of USD each year due to sanctions, not to mention KIA/WIA and equipment losses
to suffer this much loss, without gaining anything in return will not be acceptable to them
if they were successful in reconquering Ukraine and controlling all its resources
my balance sheet says, it would be worth the price they paid
and I’m sure they’ve reached a similar conclusion
so IMHO, "the numbers" dictate that Russia will do what it's gonna do
always understand, that whenever there's a big "imbalance"
something will ALWAYS come along to push it to the other side
it's nature's way

PS
This Sunday CNN will have an interview with Trevor Reed, the ex-marine imprisoned in Russia on esionage charges
you can be sure, I'm gonna watch this, while thinking, "there but for the grace of god..."
even though I have many "get out of jail cards"
after a day in solitary, I become "feral" and that freaks out Russians

« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 08:05:57 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Online krimster2

« Reply #1998 on: May 17, 2022, 07:59:13 AM »
if'n it were my town, before Russians came in, I'd buy as much vodka as I could, and put a drop of ethyl mercury (easy to make) in each bottle
and put the bottles somewhere that's easy for the soldiers to find...
and then walk around with a big ass grin on my face

too bad there wouldn't be a way to buy life insurance policies on Russian soldiers
cuz then I could use those funds to buy more vodka and make more ethyl mercury
and move from occupied town to occupied town

who can make the sun shine?
the vodka man can
cuz he mixes it with love and makes the vodka taste good

it's fun being a chemical partisan
and by the time they'd all die, I'd be somewhere far, far away

yalky palky
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 08:13:03 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #1999 on: May 17, 2022, 09:25:17 AM »
CB, he could have been allowed to appear if Russian strategy, or even retreat, is being reconsidered.

My preference would be a negotiated peace, perhaps give up Crimea.

Here’s another military analysis-

http://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/the-ingenious-strategy-that-could-win-the-war-for-ukraine-20220517-p5alz4.html

Mikael as a retired air force colonel  is most often the voice of reason on that propangada fest.
He made good comments regarding sable rattling at finland only looking foolish,and the geo political.isolation. tropp trainingva motivation of ukranuans being the key factor, referencing lenin thoughts on same...

As such,knowing he is a paid propagandist for state tv,  i took this as the typicsl.seeding of information to the shows demographic,older russians.
To.prepare them for russian change in policy in this conflict. To gibe them.a background of why* its beneficial.for russia to back.up

State propangada going thos route seems a very good sign for ukraine

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1949
Total: 1960

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM