It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Can a better deal be had living as a native Ukrainian?  (Read 11409 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Can a better deal be had living as a native Ukrainian?
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2022, 04:34:52 PM »
There are three things that single men spend time thinking about sex.
1. Their first time
2. Their last time
3. Their next time

You want all three with the same girl?

It's wasn't about sex Bill. I kind of liked her in a way she had a sort of endearing side to her and in some ways I think we got along sometimes even in our times of disagreement. When I look at it logically I don't see the signs adding up to her being serious about a relationship or into me as she made out but for some reason I still think of her I'm not sure why. It's feels kind of strange spending that time on holiday with her, I find dating Ukrainian girls can be a bit weird times. Anyhow, will press on and see what other women are about and see how it goes.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2022, 05:59:04 PM »
She moved on 4 days or 4 weeks later.

There shouldn't be a single thought about her bouncing in your head.
A distant memory at best.

It makes no difference why it dint work out at this point.It simply did not.

So absolutely move on.
There is nothing to dwell on, there is nothing to learn (or youdod,or would have years ago when it ended)

Things often don't work out dating, domestically,internationally etc.
It is exactly how it works.

The exception is when it works out long-term.

That is part of your problem.

The more attempts the more mistarts,mistakes, more strat ups thst fizzle, bring you closer to.that one time it does work.
Having one or two dates per decade is simply not enough odds.

Get out there locally!!
Stop making excuses.

Include international Dating if you feel up to it.
It's more difficult so stop.pretending otherwise.
The quicker you recognize that locally is easier and more likely to be productive ,the better.
You can still choose to.keep your international.options open.

What is wrong with a nice polish,or  French or Spanish women? Dutch? Etc

Keep all options open.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2022, 07:01:14 PM »
She moved on 4 days or 4 weeks later.

There shouldn't be a single thought about her bouncing in your head.
A distant memory at best.

It makes no difference why it dint work out at this point.It simply did not.

So absolutely move on.
There is nothing to dwell on, there is nothing to learn (or youdod,or would have years ago when it ended)

Things often don't work out dating, domestically,internationally etc.
It is exactly how it works.

The exception is when it works out long-term.

That is part of your problem.

The more attempts the more mistarts,mistakes, more strat ups thst fizzle, bring you closer to.that one time it does work.
Having one or two dates per decade is simply not enough odds.

Get out there locally!!
Stop making excuses.

Include international Dating if you feel up to it.
It's more difficult so stop.pretending otherwise.
The quicker you recognize that locally is easier and more likely to be productive ,the better.
You can still choose to.keep your international.options open.

What is wrong with a nice polish,or  French or Spanish women? Dutch? Etc

Keep all options open.

Yeah, your're right Jumper, I've realise recently that I need to get dating many more women than the odd few I have bee. I've been busy building some wealth behind me, not loads, many on here no doubt far more wealth than me but I kind of get the impression that many of the guys on here are somewhat ahead of many in their country on that front.

The door to door I think may possibly give potential to dates locally, possibly. Online dating sites in the west suck real bad as the women on there tend to be real bad, bad attitudes, wants, etc. So that's a non option, I've tried speed dating and that is not much if any better, I could try in a different area but I don't fancy my chances.

For me FSU dating is still one of the best options going. The more traditional way their dating is kind of suits me though of course not always perfect but then what is.

Polish ladies in the UK tend to stick to their own in the majority of cases I think they probably think English guys are scum, not brought up with the same values good values as their men and kind of outsiders to their community. There is of course the whole catholic thing going with them, I'm not big on religion and even if I was I doubt they would see me as saintly enough to go with.

French and Spanish girls you don't get a lot of here you may be surprised to here, never have. Possibly a few Spanish might have come over when unemployment was high a few years ago, but don't think they stayed and probably kept hard at work. In gerneral those countries economy is usually good enough not to have much reason to come here other than a possible change of scene. Both countries have pretty areaas and plenty of land for housing, etc.

Now a few years ago, right before I got into looking at European Dating I decided to do a road trip around France for about three weeks from Northern France, through Paris down to Lyon, the Alps then towards and into Nice, etc then back up the other side to Bordeaux and back to Northern France. I noticed the French girls are a lot more feminine than UK girls, they seem quite sweet and soft, possibly not quite a feminine as FSW but nicer feeling than most UK girls. That said many don't speak good English and my French is not that great. They probably don't have much reason to date an English guy unless they fall really into him. Again their culture is likely a little different ot ours so they have their own men to satisfy their needs. Go out into the country enough and even though many English visit FRance each year you will probably be seen as a little exotic, but English likely to be less spoken out those parts, mostly English language seems most prevalent in Northern FRance, Normandy, Paris and possibly South of France, Nice, etc.

I mean sure it may be possible to pull abroad but agin living in the culture and immersing yourself as far as you can in the culture is likely to pay dividends. Nothing is guarenteed of course and it depends what you're after and it will probably not necessarily happen straight away but it may happen. For me though it possibly is a bit late in the day to try and pull in a West European country. A lot of those women will probably go more age similar, I'm not saying a large age gap is something I could attain in the FSU or be something that would serve me well but well thing is many women in western Europe will be sortted with a guy probably by their late twenties, the ones that are left or become re-available probably are'nt a great pool to be dating in.

Obviously the virus is still hampering things but hopefully that will fall away to more milder versions still after a couple more weeks or so of Omicron I'm guessing. So if that happens hopefully dating should get a whole lost more accessible like to used to be. 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2022, 07:52:01 PM »
The French trip sounds awesome.
I'd just try to get out as much as possible.
Even a day trip,or weekend.

I get you've been fixing up the home.

But in dating there is never a better time than the present.
I do get the polish stick to their community a bit.
But in.my area there are over 1 million polish.
I have dated quite a few local polish women when I was single.
Normally over some common hobby or interest.
So while it may present some challenge, there are certainly some that will date outside that narrow culture.
Just like looking in ukraine,yiu dint need 1000,  you only concern yourself with the few .

I just wouldn't put your eggs in one basket,  that's a tough basket you've chosen.

While I certainly am guilty of looking there,I never forgot my local.options,nor the fact that the local.options were more likely
to work out.
I was a bit flippant about international dating as I had lived in many countries so considered it somewhat normal, although the mob side of it it very far from normal.
I often was trying to put that genie back in the bottle.
Luckily I guess it dint work out for me,and something really special struck me about my wife.
It helped a lot that she contacted me daily,we spoke in chat or the phone and that she had a relaxed easy going personality and fantastic sense of humor.

Sometimes it  is better to be lucky than smart.
This overall is not a smart thing to do.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2022, 09:08:57 PM »
The French trip sounds awesome.
I'd just try to get out as much as possible.
Even a day trip,or weekend.

I get you've been fixing up the home.

But in dating there is never a better time than the present.
I do get the polish stick to their community a bit.
But in.my area there are over 1 million polish.
I have dated quite a few local polish women when I was single.
Normally over some common hobby or interest.
So while it may present some challenge, there are certainly some that will date outside that narrow culture.
Just like looking in ukraine,yiu dint need 1000,  you only concern yourself with the few .

I just wouldn't put your eggs in one basket,  that's a tough basket you've chosen.

While I certainly am guilty of looking there,I never forgot my local.options,nor the fact that the local.options were more likely
to work out.
I was a bit flippant about international dating as I had lived in many countries so considered it somewhat normal, although the mob side of it it very far from normal.
I often was trying to put that genie back in the bottle.
Luckily I guess it dint work out for me,and something really special struck me about my wife.
It helped a lot that she contacted me daily,we spoke in chat or the phone and that she had a relaxed easy going personality and fantastic sense of humor.

Sometimes it  is better to be lucky than smart.
This overall is not a smart thing to do.

Yeah, I know there are issues dating in the FSU, Ukraine. While it comes with plusses it also comes with minuses of women not being sincere with why they are trying to date a western man, differences in culture etc.

There can if course be problems dating girls in the UK, many are after certain things as 2tallbill said above, 'confidence' as in is the guy good socially, good job, etc. FSW can be more 'just get the guy out earning and hand over the pay cheque' mentality. So long as they are not too over-zealous on that front then it can be an easier fit. Many I think dating in your own country is easier but I think it can look easier on the surface than it really is. Sure if you have what women want it is easier but if you don't then it can be really hard just getting your foot in the door. That's before you get to the career women & overweight women, etc issues. Suddenly despite all its difficulties FSW dating can be a bit more of an open door. One guy on another western forum I was browsing recently in his twenties was asking why UK women were so picky? Lol. They are especially around that age I think, answer is not to try and fulfill their requirements but to over Excell in being successful and in many good character traits. Odds are they will probably then all seek the guy out but of course doing so well is not easy or we would be doing it.

Anyhow, yeah it can be pretty weird dating in the FSU at times, most dates I've been on there have been a little odd in some way. It kind of reminds me of that love me dating documentary where the poor chap has sone Ukrainian guy faking it being a police officer to screw him for cash with some bs story right as he needs to catch his flight. That woman really screwed with that poor guy's head. Later she got him sending her more money. I very much doubt it that she would like it if it was her with some guy making out ge was hot on her then using her. Even on here we hear if sone odd ball stories from time to time while interesting I'm pretty sure the guy can do without the weird and wonderful occuring to him while he's just trying to find a woman to love.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2022, 10:10:37 PM »
I admit though there is one thing I never really understood about Kherson girl that is kind of like an unsolved murder mystery. Why was she so intent on me wanting to bring her to the UK???

Many reasons are abound on this one, there are the obvious ones like another holiday, more clothes buying, visa mule whether legal or skip off, try to land another guy, etc. I'm not really sure on any of them, the clothes stuff she had done a lot of plus she refused meet up elsewhere, another holiday again she refused to meet up elsewhere, visa mule, well legal would have been a more lengthy situation, illegal would likely mean her meeting up with other Ukrainians already in the country, try to land another guy well her English was apparently not good - maybe possible her father was apparently working in Poland illegally so would suggest she probably saw it as a viable option possibly. The pound of course being a very attractive currency. On the other hand unfamiliar with the country so ???

She basically seemed to be really pushing for it and was not happy when I said it wasn't possible. One recent thought tonight is possibly while she wasn't perhaps that into me maybe I was a better option to go with than she otherwise had. I admit while I was with her I picked up on a few signs that she probably didn't find me that attractive. On the whole though maybe I was ahead of the local competition at that time so possibly she might have been considering going with me in a relationship. Whether she would or it would have lasted who knows. All the clothes buying I think was to satisfy what she couldn't get herself, time over again I wouldn't do that, it just wreaks a relationship in most cases if there was ever the intent there for one. Better to find out up front if she is really interested and see if she walks or not.

Like I say kind of weird dating situation, I learnt stuff and gained in some ways but guess I would have preferred it not being quite as weird feeling.

Thought just thinking if she didn't want to meet up in another country (easier to meet up/live with each other) then possibly point to not being into me much at all. While she used to look at me intently so did first girl I met in Kiev they can kind of be like that. She did want to say she wanted to see where I lived as thought I might be married but at that point when she brought it up I thought she was trying to bully me into it and wondered at that point why so intent on a visa. So idk just kind of weird really.

Other thought is possibly she just wanted to see the sights, tourist land marks, Big Ben, etc get herself photographed in front of them, she was very much into being photographed. Who knows.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 10:57:44 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2022, 01:46:53 AM »
Because it would prove you were serious about her.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2022, 02:08:03 AM »
Anyway, just to round this one off I could never be sure why Kherson girl so much seemed to be pushing to come to the UK. She had stated when in Kyiv for a holiday, I agree thinking it would be nice and then after she would cone to the UK. I agreed but didn't think it would be a hard and fast thing, that it would happen down the way. So to see if I was serious, my setup, get familiar with my life, to run off and seek work illegally, to find another more wealthier or younger guy, to see the UK and get me to buy her more stuff? It could be any or many of those I guess. One thing I think for sure that even if it had been fairly straight up I don't think it would have lasted. I think she was more attracted to wealth and not so much into me. The odds of the relationship going anywhere or lasting were slim to none I think. Can only try again to find a more satisfying relationship I think.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Can a better deal be had living as a native Ukrainian?
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2022, 05:35:48 PM »
Why was she so intent on me wanting to bring her to the UK???

There were probably several reasons. She probably wanted to
make sure you were serious and not a sex tourist.

I made a huge effort to get Angel Eyes to visit me in the USA.
You would have never made a similar effort.

I put my money in Angel eyes account to get her a Schengen visa.
Then I arranged a trip for Her, Smiley girl and myself to go to Spain.
I ended up losing my job and could not go with them, but I sent them
on the trip alone anyway.

Could you have done that? No, I didn't think so. Then I put even more
money in her account so that she could get a visa to visit me in the USA.

I wanted her to know where she would live and how her life with me would
be in North Dakota. Easily the worst of the continental 48 states.

Will there ever be a day that you could send a woman thousands of dollars
to put into her account so that she could show officials that she had the
resources to visit you?

I knew Angel Eyes was the real deal. She knew that I trusted her, she knew
that I wanted her to visit me on the surface of Mars (North Dakota). She knew
that I was the real deal.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2022, 10:49:27 AM »
Lol Bill!
Yes indeed a woman that will willingly follow a man to the bleakness of norf dakoty,is the real deal.

I actually like north Dakota, for a visit, hahaha ,
but south dakoty over in the foothills is better for sure.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 10:55:03 AM by Jumper1 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190