It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Chișinău  (Read 39202 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Chișinău
« Reply #300 on: March 03, 2023, 11:09:14 PM »

Every time I read your posts talking about yourself, I think about the pig putting a heavy coat of lipstick on, ignoring the fact that it's still a pig!!!

The RWD ten commandments comes to mind:

7. Always be yourself. Show the ladies the real you. Be truthful.  Use current photos.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=2.0

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #301 on: March 09, 2023, 03:06:45 PM »

Every time I read your posts talking about yourself, I think about the pig putting a heavy coat of lipstick on, ignoring the fact that it's still a pig!!!

Think of me more like a Chameleon ;D

Noticed today that the weather in Chișinău isn't that bad now 18 - 19 degrees Celsius, with a few off days scattered here & there. While it may not be winter coat weather there at the moment I'm thinking more weather in the early to mid 20 degrees Celsius will be better. Sometimes stuff around 18 degrees Celsius can be slightly cool so April is probably still going to be the best time (I hope).

Language learning is going ok, I recently learnt that Vanya and Dima are both dudes names and not chicks names as I originally thought.

Weights from Germany have arrived, alls good. No import duty to pay so the free trade deal the UK struck with the EU works. Already started my new weights routine with them so hopefully will in good shape for April visit.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #302 on: March 10, 2023, 06:18:50 PM »
Think of me more like a Chameleon ;D

Noticed today that the weather in Chișinău isn't that bad now 18 - 19 degrees Celsius, with a few off days scattered here & there. While it may not be winter coat weather there at the moment I'm thinking more weather in the early to mid 20 degrees Celsius will be better. Sometimes stuff around 18 degrees Celsius can be slightly cool so April is probably still going to be the best time (I hope).

Language learning is going ok, I recently learnt that Vanya and Dima are both dudes names and not chicks names as I originally thought.

Weights from Germany have arrived, alls good. No import duty to pay so the free trade deal the UK struck with the EU works. Already started my new weights routine with them so hopefully will in good shape for April visit.

I see you added some earrings to the lipstick!!!
Maybe you should be working on social skills only.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #303 on: March 10, 2023, 08:24:59 PM »
Shipping weights between countries !! ??
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #304 on: March 11, 2023, 03:20:22 PM »

I see you added some earrings to the lipstick!!!
Maybe you should be working on social skills only.

My social skills aren't really all that bad, in truth I just tend to focus on other things that give me a buzz. Sure I'm not as extroverted as some and can't talk the legs of a donkey but I'm ok enough socially.

In theory I could go over there as is and if I find the right girl then it could be a goer. I kind of like to put in a bit of effort to come across well. End of the day it will go how it goes and either something decent will come of it or it won't.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Daveman

« Reply #305 on: March 12, 2023, 07:05:31 AM »
My social skills aren't really all that bad, in truth I just tend to focus on other things that give me a buzz. Sure I'm not as extroverted as some and can't talk the legs of a donkey but I'm ok enough socially.

In theory I could go over there as is and if I find the right girl then it could be a goer. I kind of like to put in a bit of effort to come across well. End of the day it will go how it goes and either something decent will come of it or it won't.

From 1st Daddian chapter 2:

Well, there are behaviors you can have which will nearly guarantee that she won't be in your future, i.e., the more YOU speak about a future in specific terms WITH HER, i.e., speak about your future together, the less likely you are to actually be in it. You speak about the future in vague terms of where you see yourself in the future and allow her to insert herself into that picture in her own imagination.

Let her bring up anything and everything about a future with YOU, or a relationship, or being a couple,  or 'love'.. Anything whatsoever that indicates a committment, exclusivity, her being your girlfriend.. Anything.. She brings it up, every simgle time. You bring that up zero percent of the time. Zero.absolutely absolute zero.less than zero. Let her dream of things in her own way, and share those dreams with you when she's ready..

You go after fun and sex. Don't talk about your feelings unless she directly asks, and even then dont give her a straight answer.. Let her wonder and long for you. There many more dont's than do's. Fun, sex, passion -Do.  Damn near everything else,  don't unless she brings it up first.

Go there and have fun. Don't go there with an agenda. As stated many times in these pages -it's a long expensive first date and that's all it is. Treat it exactly that way. You sure as hell wouldn't be contemplating relationships, matriage, etc with a woman in your town. Not only is that utterly stupid,
 but when you are thinking such idiocy you externally give off a different vibe - like you are desperate or something and women can smell that shit a mile away.. Perhaps farther.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 10:51:33 AM by Daveman »
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Daveman

« Reply #306 on: March 12, 2023, 07:09:35 AM »
Sorry, spellcheck on my thumb typing seems to be off. Apologies.for me to attempt to correct everythingmakes matters worse.
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline ML

« Reply #307 on: March 12, 2023, 07:53:09 AM »
That's what computer keyboards are for.

I have never succombed to the stupidity of using mobile phones for typing, or anything except phone calls.

Typing on mobile phones is only accelerating the decline in adequate communication skills around the world.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #308 on: March 12, 2023, 12:49:55 PM »
 Thousands of people have gathered in the Moldovan capital Chișinău at a protest organised by a pro-Russia party, with demonstrators criticising the pro-European government for a steep rise in the cost of living.

Months of rallies, organised by the party of the fugitive pro-Russian oligarch Ilan Shor, have been condemned by the government as a Kremlin-sponsored campaign to destabilise the country. The oligarch is believed to have fled to Israel after being convicted of involvement in the theft of $1bn (£830m) from Moldova’s banks.

At Sunday’s protests, Shor party leaders shouted “Down with Maia Sandu”, Moldova’s pro-European president, “Down with dictatorship” and “Down with the police” on the microphones, as they encouraged demonstrators to break police cordons.

Moldovan police detained more than 50 protesters, including 21 minors, for aggression and possession of dangerous objects such as knives and gas lighter sprays

“Many people do not understand that thieves want to come to power,” said Alexandru Melnic, an 82-year-old counter-protester. “For the first time in 32 years [since Moldova became independent], we are taking the first steps in the right direction,” he said about country’s ambitions for EU integration. Moldova gained EU candidate status in June last year, alongside Ukraine.

Sandu said last month that Russia planned to provide foreign citizens with military training, who would then act as protesters in order to break into state institutions and take hostages. On Friday, the US National Security Council’s coordinator for strategic communication, John Kirby, warned of further Russian efforts to destabilise Moldova.

Before Sunday’s protest, the head of the Moldovan police, Viorel Cernăuțeanu, said at a press conference that the FSB, Russia’s secret services, planned to use 10 groups of five to 10 Russian and Moldovan men with criminal records or sports training to break police cordons and spark violence. But a Moldovan undercover agent helped reveal the plans, Cernăuțeanu added. Dozens were detained, including seven leaders of the operation.

An alleged member of the Russian paramilitary Wagner group was refused entry into Moldova, according to the border police. He is one of 182 foreign citizens denied access to the country over the past week. Last month, two foreign citizens were expelled for spying, according to Moldova’s intelligence services.

“I would draw attention to the potential connection between the groups uncovered by the police and the Wagner group,” said analyst Valeriu Pașa from the Moldovan thinktank WatchDog. “Russia’s aim is to provoke chaos and discontent. In this way, it would be easier to overthrow Moldova’s current government. Shor’s intention is to keep the authorities busy so that the reform of the judiciary does not succeed and he does not get a final sentence.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/mar/12/moldova-pro-russian-protesters-gather-amid-fears-of-orchestrated-violence
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline Bee Farmer

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #309 on: March 12, 2023, 01:06:36 PM »

I have never succombed to the stupidity of using mobile phones for typing, or anything except phone calls.

Typing on mobile phones is only accelerating the decline in adequate communication skills around the world.

I don't consider it stupidity to use cell phones for taking pictures.  If you ever have to replace a component with a lot of electrical wires, a quick pic with the cell phone can save a lot of frustration in getting it wired back up right.  Being able to take pics of plant diseases or pests can make identification a lot easier too.  A picture is worth a thousand words.

I don't consider it stupid to use a cell phone to process credit cards at a farmers market.  1/2 to 2/3 of sales are paid for with credit cards these days at farmers markets.  Being able to process credit cards was the reason I upgraded from a dumb flip phone to a smart phone.  I could do everything I wanted on a flip phone except process credit cards.

Offline ML

« Reply #310 on: March 12, 2023, 02:07:47 PM »
Get a girlfriend to take pics and process credit cards for you.

Have her use her mobile phone for such, so you don't have to resort to using phone in a stupid way.

Offline BC

« Reply #311 on: March 12, 2023, 11:47:46 PM »

I type around 40+ words per minute using a keyboard.  My daughter is faster on her iPhone with two thumbs than I am with 10 fingers.  It's a tool. Some are good at it, and some, like myself, are not.  I took a typing class in school, my kids didn't have to; they grew up with keyboards.  IMO, the decline in language skills is not due to the tool used.  Pen and paper are tools as well.  Soon enough, we'll be able to just think about what we want to write, and it will appear on the screen, with grammar and spelling corrected by AI.

This same kind of debate came about when the electronic calculator came about. Math classes used not to allow them at all.  Nowadays, it's standard.

I believe our kids are not reading enough, and many lack basic skills in maths and language, but I doubt it's because of the tools available nowadays.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #312 on: March 13, 2023, 01:51:55 AM »
I type around 40+ words per minute using a keyboard.  My daughter is faster on her iPhone with two thumbs than I am with 10 fingers.  It's a tool. Some are good at it, and some, like myself, are not.  I took a typing class in school, my kids didn't have to; they grew up with keyboards.

I was once asked, 'how many words per minute can you do?' I replied, 'I've never counted' ;D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #313 on: March 13, 2023, 01:54:52 AM »
Being able to process credit cards was the reason I upgraded from a dumb flip phone to a smart phone.  I could do everything I wanted on a flip phone except process credit cards.

That's a lie! Admit it Bee Farmer you bought a smart phone so you could get RWD on the move :D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #314 on: March 14, 2023, 03:10:39 AM »
From 1st Daddian chapter 2:

Well, there are behaviors you can have which will nearly guarantee that she won't be in your future, i.e., the more YOU speak about a future in specific terms WITH HER, i.e., speak about your future together, the less likely you are to actually be in it. You speak about the future in vague terms of where you see yourself in the future and allow her to insert herself into that picture in her own imagination.

Let her bring up anything and everything about a future with YOU, or a relationship, or being a couple,  or 'love'.. Anything whatsoever that indicates a committment, exclusivity, her being your girlfriend.. Anything.. She brings it up, every simgle time. You bring that up zero percent of the time. Zero.absolutely absolute zero.less than zero. Let her dream of things in her own way, and share those dreams with you when she's ready..

You go after fun and sex. Don't talk about your feelings unless she directly asks, and even then dont give her a straight answer.. Let her wonder and long for you. There many more dont's than do's. Fun, sex, passion -Do.  Damn near everything else,  don't unless she brings it up first.

Go there and have fun. Don't go there with an agenda. As stated many times in these pages -it's a long expensive first date and that's all it is. Treat it exactly that way. You sure as hell wouldn't be contemplating relationships, matriage, etc with a woman in your town. Not only is that utterly stupid,
 but when you are thinking such idiocy you externally give off a different vibe - like you are desperate or something and women can smell that shit a mile away.. Perhaps farther.

Thanks Daveman that's good advice. I'll definitely follow it whe in Chisinau. Often I make mistakes and end up trashing it myself by putting one foot in it after another. I get the drift of all what you say here.

I think my problem in the past with UK chicks is that when I see one that seems interested that I like I think I can tend to make it too obvious that I am attracted. Almost seemed as soon as I considered she could be good to go for she seemed more evasive, like you say omen can pick up on that stuff a mile away and it doesn't have to be particularly strong.

When in Chișinău the main idea is just to see if there is any go in it for me there. So I'm not set on meeting 'the one' out there. I think one of the problems I've had in the past from the visit one strategy that it tends to concentrate you're mind on the one girl you're going to see and make you feel invested in her. That can end up a Scott like scenario where you end up with a girl who was never really ever into you just all of the impulses were there pushing it that way unnecessarily. I know other girls can be gone for if choosing to ditch the meet one girl while out there but that can be awkward and makes the guy wonder if he really wants to give up a girl who is good in some ways but missing in other ways.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #315 on: April 06, 2023, 12:31:56 AM »
Chișinău not looking quite so good for April now, the temperatures out there seem worse than they were out there in March when it was around 28 degrees. I've got holiday leave booked but no flights/hotel yet so I've decided to shuffle stuff around and delay the Chișinău trip for another month or so. That will leave me the weeks holiday time to crack on with the house conversion. The sooner I finish that the sooner I will have my hands free. At the moment I would be going out there and if I found someone or even if I didn't and needed to do a return trip it would be difficult with the house conversion in the way. So if I can get that done/near enough done first it will free up a lot of time for me, plus I prefer not having the feeling that I'm b*llshitting with a messy property back home and my hands kind of tied with which to do anything.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #316 on: April 06, 2023, 01:36:07 PM »
Today I'm kind of starting to wonder whether my idea of getting with a girl in Chișinău (was going to be Odessa) and spend part of my time with her and part of my time away on 'business' in the UK is a sound one. Idea was to have kids with her there on the understanding that I would have to be some time away in the UK (perhaps a week or so in UK to every 4-5 weeks in Chișinău) to provide for the family. During this time I would mostly be visiting my family in the UK, Mother, Brother, etc. Over time I would generally hoped to move her with kids to the UK once it seemed we were on a sure footing as far as that can practically be.

I'm kind of starting to question whether it would work out in reality or whether it would go pear shaped for me. In life it seems it's so easy to make a bad turn and life go bad. If I look the situation without risk of rose tinted specs the stuff that could go bad could be:

1). She ends up cheating on me with another guy while I'm away.

2). She ends up splitting with me after we have kids together and then gets with some other dude.

3). She wants to stay in Chișinău or doesn't get on in the UK while I want to be in the UK. Possibly I might come not to like being in Chișinău so much after a while.

Possibly some other stuff may go wrong who knows. Just wondering if I should re-evaluate the situation a little. Would be grateful for any input anyone else might have on this.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #317 on: April 06, 2023, 01:53:31 PM »
Better to find a woman, marry, and have children before worrying about all the “what ifs”.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #318 on: April 06, 2023, 02:02:02 PM »
Better to find a woman, marry, and have children before worrying about all the “what ifs”.

I know there's kind of 'what if' with pretty much any course of action but sometimes I wonder if I'm making/contemplated making a bad move where the 'what if's' are more likely and more hazardous. The way things are dating these days it can be a minefield out there and even the FSU isn't problem free in that front.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #319 on: April 06, 2023, 06:41:20 PM »
the doubts that you are havin Trench
they're really self-doubts
and not doubts 'bout some hypothetical person

observation I made long before being married
which kept me on the path of not WANTING  to get married

working as an engineer at Intel
worked with two different groups of guys
one group newly married and had toddlers
second group had dawgs (canines)
dawg group was 75% as happy as married/toddler group
but had way more money and time on their hands....
led me to want to stay in the dawg group

that's the direction I was goin in til my wife found me
and she learned how to manipulate and control me through sex
and I became a sexual object for her to use for her gratification
first time I ever became submissive to a woman
was a new kind of sex for me

but surely, you guys don't wanna hear about how strong, tall, muscular Ukrainian village girls
will sexually dominate their foreign spouses
cuz you already know about all that perverted stuff that they do to westerners, amiright?

« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 09:09:53 PM by krimster2 »

Offline LAman

« Reply #320 on: April 06, 2023, 08:01:34 PM »
Today I'm kind of starting to wonder whether my idea of getting with a girl in Chișinău (was going to be Odessa) and spend part of my time with her and part of my time away on 'business' in the UK is a sound one. Idea was to have kids with her there on the understanding that I would have to be some time away in the UK (perhaps a week or so in UK to every 4-5 weeks in Chișinău) to provide for the family. During this time I would mostly be visiting my family in the UK, Mother, Brother, etc. Over time I would generally hoped to move her with kids to the UK once it seemed we were on a sure footing as far as that can practically be.

I'm kind of starting to question whether it would work out in reality or whether it would go pear shaped for me. In life it seems it's so easy to make a bad turn and life go bad. If I look the situation without risk of rose tinted specs the stuff that could go bad could be:

2). She ends up splitting with me after we have kids together and then gets with some other dude.

3). She wants to stay in Chișinău or doesn't get on in the UK while I want to be in the UK. Possibly I might come not to like being in Chișinău so much after a while.

Possibly some other stuff may go wrong who knows. Just wondering if I should re-evaluate the situation a little. Would be grateful for any input anyone else might have on this.

:trainwreck: :trainwreck: :trainwreck:

Offline LAman

« Reply #321 on: April 06, 2023, 08:07:17 PM »

Chișinău not looking quite so good for April now .........

As usual, our OP has found another excuse. I am waiting for the 'next' country to be mentioned. Only a few left to fantasize about!!!

That blow-up doll is looking awfully attractive now!!!)))
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 08:09:10 PM by LAman »

Offline Daveman

« Reply #322 on: April 07, 2023, 01:09:19 PM »

Hoooooooly nuckerfuts...  Damn man.. you are seriously attached to some dream of a fantasy.. or fantasy of a dream.

You're already thinking about kids, her cheating on you, et al.  That's so ridiculous it's hilarious.  Just go.. and have fun. THAT IS IT. No expectations except to enjoy the process. No pressure (on her OR yourself).  Get laid upside down on the roof.  Whatever.  The main thing is to GO.  8)

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #323 on: April 07, 2023, 05:50:15 PM »
Trench, that mindset will ensure you do not succeed.  It will become a self fulfilling prophecy, because that's what you expect.  Nevertheless, I believe FSUW-WM marriages to have a higher rate of failure than WW-WM marriages.  There's even a study here years ago, if you want to look it up.  I think it's over 50%.  There may be many reasons for that, but it is what it is.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #324 on: April 07, 2023, 06:23:57 PM »
guyz without a LOT of relationship experience
wil have a REALLY tough communication problem (of not really being able to) with a foreign woman
linguistic/cultural issues are added on top of the problem of your limited understanding and response to handling conflict and anger, cuz you're cluless on this subject, due to lack of "on the job training"
therefor, you're not only at risk of failure in acquiring a girl friend, even if you succeed, your lack of experience, puts the relationship itself at risk of failure
you have to fail many times before you succeed
but then once you learn how to succeed, you will never again fail

I use all the techniques I learned for "raising" my 15 yr younger wife towards raising my 2 daughters
and I use the same principles to interact with other Russian wimmin I depend on like my "advokat" in Moscva

how successful are my techniques?
a bevy of women dote on me

it's unfair that one guy should get SO MUCH
while so many guys get SO LITTLE

but believe it or not a small percentage of guys (something like 20%) is having MOST of the sex with multiple female sex partners
while the majority of guys are having NO SEX
oh wait....
I forgot, you already knew that, based upon your own empiracal observations

« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 06:38:55 PM by krimster2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats