It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: From the Shadows - scary year 2022  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
From the Shadows - scary year 2022
« on: December 27, 2022, 06:55:54 AM »
As it has been a long time since the members got an update from me *some here know about it( I wil give an overview of what has been going on at the Shadows.
First of all the good parts. MrsShadow is still happily married, and we have a strong family bond. The most important. Business has been bit harder due to what you will read below, but we will survive. Our business/home building needs to finish some work but is slowly becoming active.ShadowJr1 has entered the highest level of high school and so far is at the top of his class.ShadowJr2 is kind of relaxing as school this year can not challenge him, next year he will enter the same school.

Now for the scary story. In April I got a could, which turned in to Pneumonia. Bad enough but there were some complications of other things that led me to be transported in an ambulance on April 25.
Heartbeat 200, doctors looking grim. Best news, it was not COVID
Apart from the obvious, they found water in my heart which was a big concern. After deliberation an operation was planned. This wet well and after a few days most of the drains were removed.Then on May 18 came the news. The doctors wanted to speak to me and my family.I got the message they found stage 4 lung cancer. Uncurable, just they could delay the inevitable progress.As you understand that was a huge schock for us. May 25 I was released.
My thoughts went on how to sustain the family after death, as well as to extend and fight as long as possible. A 5 year term seemed the best to hope for, if treatment would work.Chemotherapy was started up in combination with immunotherapy, as a targeted approach was not possible, and they did not find anything to cut away.Needless to say tha the effect of this combines with the operation did not leave me in good health. But being alive was already a plus.And every few weeks I was admitte to hospital as something with my blood was wrong.
But on August 25, while in hospital, again a doctor told he wanted to speak to the family. We were pretty nervous as you can imagine. But the news was different in nature.I had improved my lungs a lot, and a CT scan showed my heart was in perfect order. This puzzled the doctors as it did not match my expected condition. Without us knowing, the lab tests were repeated in another lab, and carefully examined.
And they showed that while it had been a very severe infection, it did not cross the line of cancer.
A full body scan later I was cleared of the diagnosis and declared that  with 99,9% certrainty there was no cancer.I do have a kidney stone which needs to be treated, but otherwise return to full health was possible.
Now that I write this, my health is almost to where it was in March. Just need to work a bit on my condition and power, but the gentlemen in the picture will help with that.
So we wish you a happy 2023, and can look forward to many more.

No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: From the Shadows - scary year 2022
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 07:39:06 AM »
It's great to hear you've almost fully recovered, and that you and your family are looking forward to another much better 2023 and beyond!

Many cheers, and best wishes to all of you. Hope we can meet again soon :)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 01:06:29 PM »
Must have been very hard dealing with the pessimistic situation then suddenly that all going away Shadow. Any of us only have so long though I think any rough idea or more on how long isn't something I would want to know. Anyway I'm glad for you that has all gone away must have been stressful and now no doubt pleased to get away from it all.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 05:40:13 PM »
Shadow, good to hear that your health situation is mended or on the mend.

A couple of years ago I had a botched operation and other botched fix-up attempts. 
The physicians twice told my wife to expect my death.  But here I am.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2022, 04:14:07 PM »
So we wish you a happy 2023, and can look forward to many more.

Holy cow! I am glad that things are looking up.

I wish you the best and most successful 2023!
from the 2tall's

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541446
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 2062
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1705
Total: 1713

+-Recent Posts

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Today at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Today at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Today at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:44:27 AM

international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 09:21:35 AM

Re: Interesting Articles by JohnDearGreen
Today at 08:06:48 AM

Re: The stupidity you get in the UK these days by krimster2
Today at 05:12:27 AM

The stupidity you get in the UK these days by Trenchcoat
Today at 04:13:58 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 05:23:57 PM