It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: hi, newbie here. where can I go to find a discussion of legitimate sites?  (Read 12225 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: hi, newbie here. where can I go to find a discussion of legitimate sites?
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2014, 07:34:25 AM »
...For now I just shop the sites on that list. A couple look pretty good. I have to sign up on them tocheck them out but I won't be active on them until February. I figure just before valentines day ought to be an ideal time. that will five me 3 and a half months until things slow down enough for me to take a week or two off. I will plan my trip for late May or early June. That should work for any girl I meet. It will give me time to sort through my options and perhaps find someone who finds me attractive and who I like too.
After we meet we'll see what happens. I can't really plan beyond that since I don't know how the meeting will go nor do I know what she will want or need.
If this doesn't work then I can just wash, rinse and repeat again next year....

Let me give it to you straight...

You believe you've been scammed with time and money because at 50+ years old (you're older than just '50', right?) you were trying to write to women more than half your age and when these experiences didn't produce what you've delusionally wanted them to be, you ultimately tire of it and seek assistance from someone, somehow, somewhere in hopes of achieving your delusional goal.

The idiot from down under tells you to refrain from conveying your experience because of the possibility you' get eaten up. Heed that advice. It's par for this site.

Read this: http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=16713.0

Quote from: Sleepycat
..There was a period of about 3 weeks where she was totally uncontactable via phone calls 24/7. When I finally managed to get through to her via phone later on, her explanation was her phone was broken and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work. Probably during that time she was with another guy fleecing him so too busy to answer my calls. Stupidly I said I will buy her a new phone when I return this trip. She suggested that I buy a phone in Australia and bring it over. I know because Australian phones won't work in FSU even after changing the sim card, I said I will buy her the phone when I am back in Ukraine. Luckily I discovered her scam early enough and I didn't get a chance to actually buy her the new phone....

Quote from: Sleepycat
...Last Friday I went back to Kharkov for a WOVO trip to see a woman that I previously meet during my last trip in September. After being taken to an apartment arranged by her, woman then left saying she had to go to work for a few hours on Saturday morning and will be back to see me after work. Around noon on Saturday I got a text from her saying that she got held up at work and will come later. The woman then dropped off the radar completely for the next 24 hours, not answering on Skype nor texting. By mid Sunday morning I was really starting to worry after being left there alone for more than a day, wondering if she had an accident or something like that....

That's a story of a loser who came here attempting to label a woman a scammer because of the reasons he cited in the story. In every instances, he led his initial relations with women with his wallet. Offered gifts, expensive meals, money, etc...without anyone ever asking for it. Then when he gets his delusional butt back in Ukraine idiotically thinking he was to meet with a potential 'girlfriend', she dropped him off to his apartment then immediately fell out of radar range. Now despite this gal never took any of his money, gifts, and likely dropped him numerous hints she isn't interested in him at all, etc...he comes here calling her a scammer, only to down-graded it to *professional dater* after getting a dose of reality.

There are a bunch of idiots like this guy who had come and gone through here over the years. Many of them even shared/posted women's contact information, pictures, names, etc...in an open forum hoping to eternally disparage these women and burn them to hell for all eternity. But there are even more *idiots* who patronize men like you in this site looking for *help*. You  can read through the thread I just referenced, if you don't believe me..

I don't mince my words. You don't like the sound of reality, the greater number of membership here will find you as *one of the boys*. I used to be *nice* in this site until I found out what the general makeshift of the majority of the people involved in this endeavor. Losers and scumbags...MOBers.

So now, one of the MOBer in this site is going to advise to you that *you should fully commit yourself* in this endeavor despite the fact you already said that you can only muster one, maybe 2 weeks, of free time every year.

Great! So let me give you a scenario.

Hypothetically, you found a 25-year old to marry or get engaged with, which even at the quickest time frame, will likely still take you a good year until she gets here (now you're zooming towards 60). At that time she'll be here completely dependent on you, but you can only give her a week out of a year, and your attitude about that is 'whatever happen happens. Lather, rinse, repeat.'.

You have a young gal, married to an old man more than twice her age, being expected to sit at home alone soon after coming here 50/51 weeks out of 52, in a city in the USA where she's free to see for herself what men her age looks like...

Yet you're being warned to avoid hearing what you need to hear.

Yup. Go for it, baby. Fully commit yourself!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:36:43 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2014, 08:08:34 AM »
Justtired, there is an ignore function that works very well on this site should you desire to use it. its located in the profile- settings-ignore section. I highly recommend it!  :thumbsup:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2014, 09:57:49 AM »
Every man here looks 10-15 years below his age. Which explains why those 28-year-old have such trouble finding someone of their own age. :P

And if the truth be known, most look 10-15 years older than their age  :D

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
  • Trips: 1 - 3
I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline LAman

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2014, 02:53:49 PM »
Justtired, there is an ignore function that works very well on this site should you desire to use it. its located in the profile- settings-ignore section. I highly recommend it!  :thumbsup:

Hammer, nothing wrong with a little dose of reality check, Let the OP decide if any of it was helpful.
I for one would rather hear a critic than someone that's just propping me up. Best to have info from 'both' sides. This journey is NOT for everyone!!! :o
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Chicagoguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2014, 04:44:15 PM »
I was sure thinking I looked young. Especially since I married a younger woman. So why am I so often receiving a senior discount without even asking ? Even these guys at "Guess Your Age" booths at carnivals are lucky.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2014, 05:06:08 PM »
Hammer, nothing wrong with a little dose of reality check, Let the OP decide if any of it was helpful.
I for one would rather hear a critic than someone that's just propping me up. Best to have info from 'both' sides. This journey is NOT for everyone!!! :o

Absolutely but he does not need to be insulted by being called a loser.... :rolleyes:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline fathertime

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2014, 07:53:53 PM »

Absolutely but he does not need to be insulted by being called a loser.... :rolleyes:

Well Hammer, I read his post and although it was more caustic then others, it still contained good advice, and the man asking for help can use the info.  We all get to choose the manner in which we post and should allow others the freedom to  choose their manner too!  Now of course if somebody is getting beat up on relentlessly, unjustifiably or accused of something without good cause, then that is a different story, but I don't see that here.

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 08:11:51 PM »

Show me where I said that. If you can't comprehend what you're reading, I suggest you STFU. Nowhere did I call the OP a 'loser'.

Sleepycat I referenced as being one based on his own words/story that I posted above. He did what typical wife-seeking losers on the hunt in MOB regions always do. Ignore reality and open their wallet because there's nothing redeeming about themselves that can endear a woman. So yes, a typical loser.

Maybe to you he's a raging Casanova...LMAO. Well, he ain't to me ,baby...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2014, 11:18:34 AM »
justtiredofthescams, probably one of the best things you can do while you're waiting to write ladies in the FSU early next year is to talk to ladies now at home. Meet them in public. Walk up to them on the street or ask to sit at their table in a café or coffee shop and introduce yourself. See how long you can keep them interested in a conversation with you. See if you can end the conversation first and leaving with their phone number. Improving your communication skills with ladies will help you filter out scammers and improve your attractiveness in the FSU...if you don't find a lady at home first.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2014, 11:02:23 AM »
justtiredofthescams, probably one of the best things you can do while you're waiting to write ladies in the FSU early next year is to talk to ladies now at home. Meet them in public. Walk up to them on the street or ask to sit at their table in a café or coffee shop and introduce yourself. See how long you can keep them interested in a conversation with you. See if you can end the conversation first and leaving with their phone number. Improving your communication skills with ladies will help you filter out scammers and improve your attractiveness in the FSU...if you don't find a lady at home first.
+5
I think that you have to travel, as quickly as possible. Write nine months in advance to a eastern woman is for me like a lack of respect. You have to stop to write and you should take a plane. The lady who wanted you to come probably thought that you were lying, as many keyboard romeos do and as a lot of russian men do also. The bla bla is not interesting for eastern women, only ACTIONS count in their life. The real ones, on internet, use it in many cases like a tool to reach a goal.
There is surely something wrong in the way of how you choose your sites (free sites, trimester or monthly paid sites, agencies sites).
Keep all this money and try someone like Mark Davis who was organizing "a tour". (i said was because i don't know if he is still doing such a thing due to the ukrainian war).
This what you need, an honest professional to coach you, or like Edwards. You haven't yet learn anything for the moment.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2014, 12:50:35 AM »
Justtiredofscams,

If you are considering Russia......I can recomend "Lifetime Partners: in Tver, Russia. I used them back in 2000 - 2002. They are American owned....offices out of California. They used to mainly offer all inclusive trips to to their agency in Tver. Mark Dayton has been the owner for about twelve years. He bought the business from "Doc Woody".....a doctor in Floida who found his wife through the agency...prior to ownership. Kind of like the old electric shavor commerical..........."I liked it so much........I bought the company" (Shick ?).

Anyway......their services are "ala-cart" these days....you can pick and choose only what you think you need. If you are new to going to Russia you may consider the following:

1) Buy a small membership from LTP (LifeTime Partners)......which will provide a few contacts....or many....depending on the membership. Looking over their website I recognized a dozen RW from when I was there 12 years ago.......and yes......the photos were updated.....a good sign. I would not bother unless you can make a visit within 3 or 4 months. With all the competition, these days, RW do not want a long, long correspondence. Yup.....a few guys here will say they wrote for two years.......and things worked-out. But for everyone of those RARE......longtime writing/skyping successes......dozens....if not hundreds.....did NOT turn out.

2) If you can say I am planning on visiting in the month of_________you will have increased your chances by manyfold. Buy your own tickets to Moscow....you can pay LTP to pick you up at the airport (Sheremetyvo II) and they will bring you to Tver. You can rent an apartment , hire an interpreter, buy flowers, schedule meetings with RW you wrote to, saw in the office catalog or an RW who caught your eye at the office. You can get all of these services from them......or get some on your own if you are comfortable with that. This is a nice set-up for a newby.....who is going there alone. If you are going with someone who has been there already......or you are going back a second (or more) time......then you will find that you may need only a few of their services. I do know you will be looked after.

3) Look at their site (I don't have a link....just google "lifetime partners tver russia"....and they should pop-up).......look at RW profiles.......determine how many you would like to contact.....and purchase the contact information. When you are there......you may meet 2 - 3 RW a day. Don't fill-up your days with meetings. Get them over at the beginning. Then choose you best few (from meetings) to get to know better. If you zero in on someone special......you will end-up spending the rest of your time with her.

4) If you do find someone on your first trip......then you can comeback when the weather is nicer.....and have a nice vacation. Also.....she will find you an inexpensive apartment (or invite you to stay with her). If RW have not changed that much.....most will save you money. Electric train or bus instead of a cab....is one example.

The money you spent (already....up to this point) would buy an all-inclussive package for a month in Russia (according to current ruble value....and my wife's input.......and still have money left-over. You need to make a 4 month plan to visit.....and just GO. The first trip will teach you a lot. You will learn whether or nor you are cut-out for this....or not. If yes.....the next trip will be much cheaper.....and easier.

Tver is a very historic city. It once competed with Moscow as the capitol city. Over-nite trains to St. Pete.....electric train to Moscow......and the Golden ring of ancient towns nearby.....are a few attractions. A good place to get your feet wet.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Capt B

"A Yooper in Moscovia"

2) I like to make a first trip in the winter. Tickets are much cheaper. If you hi it off with someone......you can come back in warmer months and have a nice vacation.
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Drew

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2014, 05:50:19 AM »
I was sure thinking I looked young. Especially since I married a younger woman. So why am I so often receiving a senior discount without even asking ? Even these guys at "Guess Your Age" booths at carnivals are lucky.

I sometimes am asked to show my ID when I buy wine at supermarket.

And don't tell me it's just because they have a rule of asking for ID from everyone.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2014, 07:04:56 AM »
I sometimes am asked to show my ID when I buy wine at supermarket.

And don't tell me it's just because they have a rule of asking for ID from everyone.

haha  Man, the ego knows no bounds.  Yeah, I am asked from time to time as well and I don't look anywhere close to 21.  Yeah, it is typically because the establishment asks everyone that looks under a certain age but doubtful because you look early twenties.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2014, 01:51:50 PM »
What in the hell happened to my post.....i was wondering what happened to that lost sentence. Disregard the very bottom of the post.

Thanks,

Captain B

"A Yooper in Moscovia"
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Tomshea

• married 2013
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2015, 01:24:02 AM »
It's not the Web sites that are the scammers,  it's the individual agencies.   Some are good, some aren't.  I Met my wife on fiance.com in an agency run by a woman named Julie.   I think they are shut down now however as they were in donetsk.

lordtiberius

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2015, 09:30:19 AM »
Omg  .. .  sad

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541019
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2214
Total: 2224

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 06:44:55 AM

Re: Arctic Blast hit hard in most areas of USA by 2tallbill
Today at 06:36:29 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM