It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Europe in the News  (Read 58091 times)

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Europe in the News
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2017, 06:31:31 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/kfzz6hy

yes, let us bring in lots of refugees into this country too.
FU libs and non-americans who have nothing but crap to say about us.  ;D

You really need to do a bit more research before going off half-cocked.  The gunman was born in France and, apart from some time supposedly spent in Belgium (which is apparently why he has "al-Baljiki" in his Muslim name) had lived there all his life.  He hardly counts as a "refugee."  He had already spent considerable time in prison for attacking and shooting policemen in 2001, and had apparently been looking for weapons to shoot and kill more of them.

While he was obviously a very nasty individual, I'm not sure that somebody simply shooting policemen in a car stopped at traffic lights really qualifies as a terrorist, especially with his background - even though ISIL (ISIS) claimed responsibility almost straight away.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Europe in the News
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2017, 06:22:48 AM »
He had already spent considerable time in prison for attacking and shooting policemen in 2001
[Apparently not enough]

I'm not sure that somebody simply shooting policemen in a car stopped at traffic lights really qualifies as a terrorist

"Simply shooting police"?....C'mon, anywhere in the world that is a  major  statement.
One doesn't have to be a qualified, certified, bonafide, card carrying terrorist..they just have to do this...

Instill extreme fear ...horror ...fright..alarm...or panic.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
Europe in the News
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2017, 07:08:53 AM »
Once again, for our USA'ian 'cousins'..

Your murder rate is FAR higher than that in Europe ... I expect you to get 'bent out of shape' as a European / Antipodean is pointing this out ..AGAIN ..but it seems -  for some - that perspective has left the building ....

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
Europe in the News
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2017, 08:33:48 AM »

Your murder rate is FAR higher than that in Europe ... I expect you to get 'bent out of shape' as a European / Antipodean is pointing this out ..AGAIN ..but it seems -  for some - that perspective has left the building ....
Perhaps that is because our population is over 300 million people? Far more than pretty much any European country?  :rolleyes:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Europe in the News
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2017, 08:41:26 AM »
The populations are irrelevant.  If you look at homicide rates, for the most part, the US rate per capita is double that of Western Europe.  Eastern Europe is closer.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
Europe in the News
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2017, 08:57:56 AM »
The populations are irrelevant.  If you look at homicide rates, for the most part, the US rate per capita is double that of Western Europe.  Eastern Europe is closer.

Yes, says the expert of everything of course.....
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Boethius

Europe in the News
« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2017, 10:07:01 AM »
If only there were a way to find information, such as some sort of network of computers that functioned across the entire world, say, worldwide.

If only there were a computer program that looked through all those computers and categorized such information, so people could search through it, like, some sort of search engine.

If there were, then UN stats, for which no expertise is required, just the ability to read numbers, could be searched, and perhaps linked, for those who believe this is an insurmountably difficult exercise requiring years of specialized training -

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/VC.IHR.PSRC.P5
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:28:04 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Europe in the News
« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2017, 11:46:55 AM »
The USA has a high enough rate of violence as it is, so we don't need
to import potential terrorists to our country as our European cousins
like to do. We have more than sufficient population growth from births
and immigration that we don't need to import potential terrorists from
Sandland.

There are more than enough people from North, Central and South
America who would love to immigrate to the USA and plenty from
Asia as well. If the Europeans want to ignore the terrorists that
they've imported and home-grown because of their fealty and fidelity
to political correctness, that's their right to misgovern themselves as
they see fit.

I hope that the USA and our leaders learn from the obvious miscalculations
that the Europeans are putting on themselves.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Europe in the News
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2017, 12:06:28 PM »

Yes, the USA is more violent than Western Europe, it's not even close. However
that's not a valid reason for Western Europe to increase their violence by importing
it. That's like a boy Sean excusing the two D's on his report card by pointing that his
neighbor Johnny had even worse grades. Since Sean's grades are better than Johnny's
should Sean therefore try to justify to his parents that he should study even less?
Do you think that if Sean had good parents that they would buy into this line of
reasoning?

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline wallm

Europe in the News
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2017, 12:41:40 PM »
You really need to do a bit more research before going off half-cocked. 
You are right, fruit. However I had started the thread before the details were revealed.

Offline fathertime

Europe in the News
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2017, 02:01:16 PM »

It doesn't take an expert to notice the numbers whereby the USA has very high murder rates comparatively speaking.   I wonder why it bothered you so much that she pointed that stat out?

Perhaps that is because our population is over 300 million people? Far more than pretty much any European country?  :rolleyes:

The numbers are already adjusted for that, hence 'per capita' is the critical fact.  We do have more murders, not strictly because of a larger population, but because we have more people 'per capita' that are killing!   

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline msmob

Europe in the News
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2017, 06:14:58 PM »

that's not a valid reason for Western Europe to increase their violence by importing
it.

1/ Bill, the case in Paris and the recent attack in London - they were not refugees - the twats were born in their respective countries and had a history of violent crime.

2/ The %age of recent migrants committing crime is tiny - your post is pure ignorance and most of the folk that made it to Europe have paid BIG money to get out of Dodge... they were smart at home and will undoubtedly shine, again.

3/ It could be argued that the west brought this wave of migration on itself - it the case of Syria - by NOT getting involved - and imposing a no-fly zone or in the case of Afghanistan / Libya - not getting involved at all. ( The leave them to it mentality ) ...  Fact is the west has been involved in the middle east for over a hundred years - that includes the USA for 70 plus years.

4/ If anything - you guys and my nations - UK / Ireland - who had an opt-out from the EU to share the migrant load  - should be taking some of the strain. 

If we don't want migrants - we should be ensuring stability - politically and economically back home.   We are reaping what our ancestors sowed.

Offline BillyB

Europe in the News
« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2017, 10:00:29 PM »

Murders aren't the only death by guns. In modern history, Europeans have a higher death rate by gun than Americans. It's possible more Americans have died by gun overseas compared to at home. If Russia tries something in Eastern Europe, I'd rather be living in the ghettos of Detroit.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Anotherkiwi

Europe in the News
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2017, 10:24:55 PM »
Murders aren't the only death by guns. In modern history, Europeans have a higher death rate by gun than Americans. It's possible more Americans have died by gun overseas compared to at home. If Russia tries something in Eastern Europe, I'd rather be living in the ghettos of Detroit.

For crying out loud, Billy!  Will you please get off this damned soapbox of yours which equates wars with "ordinary" murders.  If you don't, we will be forced to bring up the number of deaths in the American Civil War - yet again.  :cluebat:

And, once again, even in war the percentage of combatants killed by handguns, shotguns or rifles (which is what you're trying to equate) is minimal, when compared with the percentage killed by bombs, machine guns, cannons (both aerial and artillery), mortars and other weapons which routinely kill more than one victim.

Offline msmob

Europe in the News
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2017, 11:19:45 PM »

Ad hominem - or what ?

Deal with the FACT - do not attempt to denigrate the person who posts what you cannot contest

Offline msmob

Europe in the News
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2017, 03:05:25 AM »
A German/ Russian citizen has been arrested for the bomb attack on the Dortmund Team bus... the motif - seemingly financial

He hoped w'd all assume it was 'Islamist extremists' ....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/dortmund-bus-terror-arrest-german-russian-share-price-blamed-muslims-islamists-islamic-put-latest-a7694216.html

Offline BillyB

Europe in the News
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2017, 08:14:33 AM »
For crying out loud, Billy!  Will you please get off this damned soapbox of yours which equates wars with "ordinary" murders.

The soapbox is reading people here repeated talk about the murders in America. I posted studies in the past that show murders by ethic group in America isn't much different than those regions of where they're from. America Europeans murder rate is similar to those from Europe. Hispanic Americans murder rates are similar to those in Central America. African American murder rates are similar to those in Africa yet you seem to think the whole package of murder rates in America should be similar to those from Europe.

And, once again, even in war the percentage of combatants killed by handguns, shotguns or rifles (which is what you're trying to equate) is minimal, when compared with the percentage killed by bombs, machine guns, cannons (both aerial and artillery), mortars and other weapons which routinely kill more than one victim.

You're talking out of your ass on this one. Got proof? Hard to supply a statistician for every soldier in the war to document how he was killed.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Anotherkiwi

Europe in the News
« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2017, 04:10:25 PM »
You're talking out of your ass on this one. Got proof? Hard to supply a statistician for every soldier in the war to document how he was killed.

I never said "soldier."  Here's a REALLY simple example for you, Billy.  Many thousands of airmen died in combat during World War II, the Korean War, and Vietnam, as just some examples.  Not ONE of them was killed or shot down with a handgun.  Pretty much the same would apply to all the sailors killed at sea, although I'm willing to concede that there may have been the odd one shot by a handgun or rifle when opposing ships got close together.

I don't need a statistician for every soldier when combat reports cover the facts.  Sure, many were killed by single-shot weapons - but far more were killed by machine-guns or artillery fire.  Look it up.  Again, though, it doesn't matter, because war casualties cannot be equated with murders - however much you want them to be.

Offline BillyB

Europe in the News
« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2017, 06:49:37 PM »
I never said "soldier."  Here's a REALLY simple example for you, Billy.  Many thousands of airmen died in combat during World War II, the Korean War, and Vietnam, as just some examples.  Not ONE of them was killed or shot down with a handgun. 

Airmen are soldiers too. Many soldiers/airmen were shot down by guns. If a handgun could shoot a plane down, a handgun would be used. Instead they invented bigger guns for the job.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/soldier

it doesn't matter, because war casualties cannot be equated with murders - however much you want them to be.

A death by weapon whether it's by a knife, gun or bomb is a death. It's safer to live in America than in Europe.

Offline Boethius

Europe in the News
« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2017, 07:16:12 PM »
We are reaping what our ancestors sowed.

I used to think this way, and stability would probably ease some extremes in terrorism.  However, I think the fundamentalist strain of Islam would have existed even had the West never interfered in the Middle East.  The problem is, that strain of Islam is, like, say, Protestant fundamentalism, very dualist.  The difference is in how far they will take their literalist interpretations.

My view has been altered significantly by a number of books I've read recently.  The most interesting is A Fury for God:  The Islamist Attack on America by Malise Ruthven.  I recommend it highly.

Offline msmob

Re: Europe in the News
« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2017, 11:46:20 PM »
Dear Boethiuis,

I will check it to see if I can find it online - I doubt it is available in Sochi :)

However, I still think we need to look at this in the simplest terms

Since the retraction of the Ottoman Empire - which normally tolerated the indigenous folks retaining their religious beliefs - the conquering / controlling has been 'western'.  Whilst our ancestors haven't tried to impose Christianity - they did draw frontiers and tried to control the natural resources.

My point is that 'they' interfered directly in the affairs of the people of the Middle East - mostly for control of the the resources.

Should migrants adopt our ways? Assimilate ? In terms of accepting our laws, yes. Are 'we' importing a big problem re religious traditions v 'our' laws - possibly. 

It's a matter of common sense for most... SC would not go to Church in a bikini and I would not drink beer in Muslim nations were it is not acceptable.

Those that do not accept such local customs can expect 'issues' if they flaunt those laws.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2017, 06:10:29 PM »
A death by weapon whether it's by a knife, gun or bomb is a death.

You want to move the goalposts any further, Billy?  This discussion has always been about murders using firearms - nothing else.

It's safer to live in America than in Europe.

In general terms, pretty well everywhere in the civilised world is safe to live, but tell that to the relatives of those killed on 9/11, or by Timothy McVeigh in Oklahoma City (using the two most obvious examples).  Far more died in those incidents than have been killed in Europe in all "terrorist" attacks put together - including Beslan, Oslo and Paris.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2017, 07:06:10 PM »
  This discussion has always been about murders using firearms - nothing else.

Actually this is a European news thread. The 'Violence in America' thread was closed. We all know that violence in America is constant.
Further banner waving helps us how?

An historic moment, a massive victory. Far-right leader Marine Le Pen’s take on the outcome of the presidential election first round, which sees her and her National Front party go through to the run-off in two weeks’ time.
She told supporters that the country’s survival is at stake.
“You have the choice of alternatives, the real one, not the one that’s seen governments succeeding one another so that nothing changes,” she said.
“The one that I propose to you is the great alternative, the fundamental alternative which will put in place new policies, new faces and the renewal to which you aspire.”
Le Pen continued: “It’s obviously not the prolongation of Francois Hollande, and all of the failures of these five years, but it will be new changes that will come.
“It is time to free French people from the arrogant elites, who want to dictate to them. I am the candidate of the people.”
http://www.euronews.com/2017/04/24/le-pen-celebrates-historic-moment-in-french-election

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline wallm

« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2017, 08:06:17 PM »
In general terms, pretty well everywhere in the civilised world is safe to live, but tell that to the relatives of those killed on 9/11, or by Timothy McVeigh in Oklahoma City (using the two most obvious examples).  Far more died in those incidents than have been killed in Europe in all "terrorist" attacks put together - including Beslan, Oslo and Paris.

That is precisely what I expect a fruit to say. I was there in New York 2 blocks from WTC that day. Your ignorance comes through well here. We didn't bring the human excrement into our country. They succeeded in outsmarting us that day. It wasn't like they went into the towers with AK-47s to kill thousands. They used weapons far deadlier. Europe is far worse place to live in now. Keep importing the refugees.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2017, 07:05:36 AM »
That is precisely what I expect a fruit to say. I was there in New York 2 blocks from WTC that day. Your ignorance comes through well here. We didn't bring the human excrement into our country. They succeeded in outsmarting us that day. It wasn't like they went into the towers with AK-47s to kill thousands. They used weapons far deadlier. Europe is far worse place to live in now. Keep importing the refugees.

Why is Europe a worse place to live? Like the US in many regions they need a younger population base, so in that respect it serves their interest to import some refugees.  If not for illegal immigrants here (who have had numerous children), we might be in the same situation. 

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2236
Total: 2247

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM