It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Apartments Versus Hotels  (Read 82351 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2019, 11:25:15 AM »
my LAST trip to MOSCOW,
was LESS than a year ago,
visa entry stamp enclosed...

my next is in less than two months...
as the Four Seasons Cocktail Hour rolls 'round
I will be just one more middle aged gentleman
in a Louis Vuitton suit
sitting with a stunningly beautiful young woman
but I will be the only one
with the daughter...
so everyone will wink at me...
do I mind the terrible inconvenience and emotional discomfort this causes?

they do have "face control" not only at Four Seasons, but all elitny locations in Moscow
but that won't be a problem
my daughter only knows about Face Control from second hand sources
she's never experienced it herself
Russian men's jaws all hit the floor when they see her
and I can then ride in on her coattails and coast in behind her wake!
while fending off any overly enthusiastic contact from malchiky

she's been practicing public speaking (in Russian)
about how organizations that help the disabled in Russia and America
can work together
We'll be in Moscow City Center

and if you guys are thinking this is some kinda ruble-to-bitcoin bitcoin-to-dollar thing...??
well, you're just SO cynical...
someone must have REALLY HURT YOU severely as a child for you to be like this...

« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:44:35 PM by krimster2 »

Offline treddie

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2020, 03:55:22 PM »
I will add my opinion here, based on my experience. It's probably best to try both and see what works for you. Each can have advantages, depending on the situation.

I stayed in hotels, on my first visit. It was comfortable and nice to have help from the hotel staff. For me, it was a good way to get started and become more familiar with the culture and environment.

After that, I tried apartments (using AirBnB). While hotel rooms are nice, there is nothing to do in a hotel room and I think most people feel that way. Understandably, the girl wanted to stay in the lobby or outside, if I needed to stop at the hotel. When I had an apartment, it was easy to get her to come up. We could spend time together watching a movie, having tea, etc. It felt more like "normal" dating, when we were able to spend some private time together.

For someone just starting out, I might suggest going with hotels until they feel confident and then to try an apartment. Hotels feel safer (to me) and with modern services, apartments are easy to get.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2020, 05:23:08 PM »
my LAST trip to MOSCOW,
was LESS than a year ago,
visa entry stamp enclosed...

As I read the Visa stamp . . . you went in the year of 1677.

Were ink stamps even invented yet ??
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JayH

« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2020, 06:00:41 PM »

His time  travel is becoming legendary -- eg photo of girl  with iphone model that was released years after Krim supposed association !! :deadhorse:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2020, 08:08:18 PM »

Haha very good. I assume that's the number of the immigration official.

Offline msmob

« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2020, 11:20:35 PM »

LMAO.  Did this very thing in Moscow (Marriott-Tverskaya) and never had a problem. I never understand people displaying their personal limitation on others as though it's *everyone's* reality.

GQB proves its probably been 15 years since he's BEEN in a RU hotel  :popcorn:

Offline LAman

« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2020, 11:33:19 PM »
GQB proves its probably been 15 years since he's BEEN in a RU hotel  :popcorn:

I agree with GQ, been doing it for years. In fact on current trip, I normally use hotels in Russia, the girl(s)have no problem coming up to my room, security says nothing to them!! But what do I know. Of course, I wouldn't invite a girl I don't know well.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline msmob

« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2020, 11:48:34 PM »

I agree with GQ, been doing it for years. In fact on current trip, I normally use hotels in Russia, the girl(s)have no problem coming up to my room, security says nothing to them!! But what do I know. Of course, I wouldn't invite a girl I don't know well.

What we know is that LAMan is choosing low class hotels - without security .. ;)

We stay at hotels when celebrating New Year or travelling together in RU and one is issued with a pass on check-in and must pass through reception and security to get to the lift. Many of them have photo id that show up as you scan in and then there's the notion of many RU ladies that they do NOT want to be stopped by security / questioned and thought of as 'prostitutes'..

LAMan... what DO you 'know' ?

Hence someone who has spent  considerably more time in Russia ( sometimes half the year)  saying - book an apartment -every time - unless a total novice and lacking any RU lang skills ..

Offline Omega82

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2020, 11:50:39 PM »

If the hotel has a safe for valuables, why wouldn't you invite a woman you don't know well?  What could she do? 

sometimes you meet the woman while traveling and want to have some fun. 

Offline LAman

« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2020, 12:11:40 AM »
If the hotel has a safe for valuables, why wouldn't you invite a woman you don't know well?  What could she do? 

sometimes you meet the woman while traveling and want to have some fun.

First, if I don't know a woman well, best to not to ask up( she might think you are sex tourist).
If you both want to have fun, go up to the room. Most hotels do have a safe. I have this picture of a girl leaving early with your wallet!!!
There are some hotels which you need provide a hotel card to go up.

Offline LAman

« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2020, 12:16:10 AM »
What we know is that LAMan is choosing low class hotels - without security .. ;)

We stay at hotels when celebrating New Year or travelling together in RU and one is issued with a pass on check-in and must pass through reception and security to get to the lift. Many of them have photo id that show up as you scan in and then there's the notion of many RU ladies that they do NOT want to be stopped by security / questioned and thought of as 'prostitutes'..

Hence someone who has spent  considerably more time in Russia ( sometimes half the year)  saying - book an apartment -every time - unless a total novice and lacking any RU lang skills ..

Geez, I forgot to bow down to you... the know it all.
Nobody has any experience in your eyes.

Offline msmob

« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2020, 12:23:19 AM »

Geez, I forgot to bow down to you... the know it all.
Nobody has any experience in your eyes.

Don't be daft, LAMan..I'm simply pointing out that I've stayed in a LOT more RU hotels in a lot of RU cities and have much more experience of life in Russia ...

Your 'advice' is misleading and incorrect

Offline JayH

« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2020, 01:09:48 AM »

For someone just starting out, I might suggest going with hotels until they feel confident and then to try an apartment. Hotels feel safer (to me) and with modern services, apartments are easy to get.

Exactly -- see my comments earlier in thread.

And along comes -- the know nothing next=

Ahh -- the Moby knows best way again !
How do you think your lies will stand up when you are challenged to prove the time you say you spend in RU ?  What we did see is you stiff $6.92  out of Maxx  and  you stayed nowhere near a hotel !

I had to reply here about something that just happened in conversation with my lady last night-- she initiated this when we were discussing planning for the year ahead --and it went basically like this -- " bigger hotels are LESS hastle" ( for her) with more people around and of course being more used to a greater diversity of clients !

That is diametrically opposed to the Moby offering above !

The problem Moby has ( that should be the 1000+ problems) is that he is incapable of understanding others have considerable on the ground( & current) exposure to relevant issues  -- there is no ONE way to do most things -- and hammering away at  any and everyone that posts differently is not helping ANYONE.

But then the actual issue for Moby-- is for the thread to be diverted to be about him -- and not any issue as such :deadhorse:

translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2020, 11:54:40 PM »
JayH

In 2017 - the longest time in RU in one calendar year -  I spent  179 days out of 365. ...180 permitted there.. The simplest check in my TRs could back that up...

Other years ..2016... 156

2015 .. 117

I have RU multiple entry biz visas with stamps in and out and in Dec 2017 I had to get out of RU as although my visa was good re expiry dates....I discovered I was near the max allowed in a year.and that 90 day out of 180 period.

This is documented in my drive to and from Sochi in Nov/ Dec 2017 on this very board...

YOU...do not go to Russia and if you latest lass has experience of sharing hotel rooms with different partners when it was only booked for her...who am I to 'doubt' her ?))

IF you EVER paused to 'think'..you'd find threads become about 'me' when clueless folk post utter twaddle and try to make it personal by suggesting 'lack of veracity' or bringing up a much altered event ( in their minds) from the dubious 'recollections' of a 'debtor'...

If you wish to continue to suggest to less familiar members - hoping to entertain a guest of their choice in a hotel - then they will not be thanking you if the object of their desire 'gracefully declines '..

THIS poster has experience of this...at the Nadezhda Hotel, nr Gelendzhik on the Black Sea... ..when I failed to listen to the suggestion ( of the RU lady)  to book an apart hotel / apartment.

The snog in the car did not progress and it was only when madam visited me in my place in my country that my thinking she might be 'frigid' (!) dissipated... and I asked after what had changed...

Being challenged by security is a bit of a moment spoiler...

So, there you go....You can trust JayH with his reputation for 'accuracy' on places he doesn't go to anymore ...and risk spoiling a potential happy ending.....or...

Offline JayH

« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2020, 01:41:00 AM »
Like I said  :deadhorse: :cluebat: ;D

Offline msmob

« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2020, 02:01:05 AM »
You are busted, as usual, JayH..

Stick to topics you have actual experience of in places you go to and quit telling folks they haven't been to places when and where they state they have..

May be YOU feel the need to fabricate your movements to try to prove a poInt...

In the case of my visiting RU I use my UK passport..Irish for UA.. and it is still current..

Be a good chap...Don't post shyte advice about places you cannot have a clue about...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1948
Total: 1959

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM