It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Single man's guide to Kyiv fast response needed  (Read 14597 times)

Offline Jamesukjames

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Single man's guide to Kyiv fast response needed
« on: January 10, 2019, 10:30:40 AM »
I find myself in kiev from the night of 10 January until mid day on the 13 January.  I quickly went on expedia and got myself a lovely hotel including breakfast for 40 $ a night im right in the centre of old kiev on the west bank.  Nearly went for cheaper on the east bank thinking id be crossing a bridge like the Thames .  Think the river Severn bridge on the m40 in minus 8 winds for a truer picture.  First person in the hotel I met was the big burly doorman.  Had a bath and  a look  about on  fdating .  Many on this forum said get an apartment I guess based on no doorman and no signing in guests after 11pm.  I just didn't fancy dodgy heating in an apartment.  So guys what do I do now and what's the format for getting a lady passed the door man and reception all of whom are by the lift.  So advice please and why so pro apartments anti hotels ?

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 10:41:39 AM »
What is your goal?  To meet a new woman who you potentially want to marry, or just a find someone to bed in the next 2.5 days?

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 10:42:21 AM »
Apartments vs hotels:   Many differing viewpoints.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=21752.0
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 11:41:30 AM »
I find myself in kiev from the night of 10 January until mid day on the 13 January.  I quickly went on expedia and got myself a lovely hotel including breakfast for 40 $ a night im right in the centre of old kiev on the west bank.  Nearly went for cheaper on the east bank thinking id be crossing a bridge like the Thames .  Think the river Severn bridge on the m40 in minus 8 winds for a truer picture.  First person in the hotel I met was the big burly doorman.  Had a bath and  a look  about on  fdating .  Many on this forum said get an apartment I guess based on no doorman and no signing in guests after 11pm.  I just didn't fancy dodgy heating in an apartment.  So guys what do I do now and what's the format for getting a lady passed the door man and reception all of whom are by the lift.  So advice please and why so pro apartments anti hotels ?

Good you did'nt choose the East Bank James, not a lot over there including not great scenery, only been over there once to the concert hall centre they have over there, a modern build. Most of that area was surrounded by concrete apartment blocks and a few restaurants/bars with not great views of the apartment blocks and no nice scenery. So you were right in not trying to save the few extra pounds.

Generally as said in previous threads if the big burly doorman and.or reception staff take issue the way to deal with it is to tackfully throw out the bribe offer. You could try to find an excuse first that sounds suitable and see if that floats of course so long that it doesn't go too far as create an awkward situation. Of course IF you do get a girl then bribes offset savings if staying in slightly more expensive but more instantly suitable accomodation that does away with that fuss.

Its why some guys choose apartments. The alternative is to find a large hotel where so many people pass through reception staff and any other hotel employees would'nt know who you are. That's why I suggested Hotel Ukraine slap bang in the city centr overlooking Maidan 'Independance' Square. I've been there and I doubt any staff would take issue or knwo who you even are after checking in, there is also no big burly doormen, possibly an attendant buzzing around occasionally on the ground floor but no big deal so long as you don't draw a lot of attention to yourself.

I think as Steve states though, you have to decide what you are there for, sex tourism or to meet women for a long term relationship. Both are quite different though may have some similarities here & there. If you are there to meet a girl you can still do so during the daytime and she if she is suitable for a longer term relationship.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Single man's guide to Kyiv fast response needed
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 11:52:12 AM »
first step, figure out who the “boss” is
second step, treat the boss like a concierge!
have them do you some simple favor, and give them something in return
plus a small simple gift, I always use silver 1964 Kennedy half dollars as my “token” on top of a folded bill and a wink

after that do whatever you want, just don’t damage anything and you’re all set...
never had a problem with these folks following the procedure described above...

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 11:54:13 AM »

lovely hotel? You got a cheap one.... Seems like your frame of mind is cheap at the moment. Where's that alpha male you spoke of? Oh yea, disappeared after that phone ruse. You want to bring up hookers? That why there's a doorman and no guests after 11pm.

Forget that apt v hotel thing, you got your tail between your legs at moment. You don't have time to "play house' in apt.

Just go up to the Irish pub and have a couple drinks where there are people so you won't be alone. Ya think you had enough excitement/drama for one trip? Just be safe whatever you decide to do!

Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 12:16:36 PM »
"surrounded by concrete apartment blocks"

these are called "the barracks" since that's what they were at one time, barracks for robotniki
interesting design feature, no street lights, almost pitch black at night, a few rays of light seeping out closed windows
major organized crime here, from counterfeit jeans making to Krokodil dealers
eta moy bratniki dome - slovo te mamachika!

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 12:48:28 PM »
Well I'm about half an hours walk from trench's famous Ukraine hotel I get his point about scale my hotels about 50 rooms but lovely old bathrooms massive baths and clean.  Also expedia brings the prices down massively

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 12:51:53 PM »

these are called "the barracks" since that's what they were at one time, barracks for robotniki
interesting design feature, no street lights, almost pitch black at night, a few rays of light seeping out closed windows.

Those apartment blocks were never "barracks".  They simply were apartments, built during the Brezhnev years to house the city's burgeoning population.  They always had street lights in Soviet times.  It was only after the collapse that a lack of street lighting became common.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 01:15:36 PM »

interesting design feature, no street lights, almost pitch black at night, a few rays of light seeping out closed windows
major organized crime here, from counterfeit jeans making to Krokodil dealers
eta moy bratniki dome - slovo te mamachika!

Reminds me, I've probably been out there more than the once. I think it was out in that direction I went with the girl I was with previous to an indoor clothes market. Way past the bridge crossover though and towards the outskirts. Full of small clothes fashion boutiques. The girl I was with fished out a pair of funky looking Jeans for me, quite nice really, turns out they were a Turkish fashion brand; a couple of shirts and a bright blue jacket. For her a bright blue bikini & bottoms, she looked very nice in :) heavily padded of course as seems to be the way out there. I was paying of course though so getting stuff for me added the bill up even more ::) Still good times, was supposed to be cheaper than central Kiev but still fashion brand quality. I think the fashion brand quality thing was essentially true, don't think the price was a lot cheaper though.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 01:25:24 PM »
I think the fashion brand quality thing was essentially true . . .

Except sometimes the alligator washes off the shirt.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 01:29:57 PM »
That's what blew me away about the girl I just left she even offered to give me money as I left and our whole relationship she paid at least her share or more.  In Ukraine.

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 01:49:03 PM »
That's what blew me away about the girl I just left she even offered to give me money as I left and our whole relationship she paid at least her share or more.  In Ukraine.

Of course she did. Where do you think most of that money is coming from?????
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 01:53:25 PM »

Guessing she found you pretty hot and wants a return visit! Lucky bugger :P ;D

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 01:58:38 PM »

If things don't work out give her number to Trench. He is always looking for a girl he
doesn't have to pay for and especially ones that pay more than their share!

I'm just kidding, I wish you luck and success! 

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 03:17:35 PM »
Guessing she found you pretty hot and wants a return visit! Lucky bugger :P ;D

Proving yet again you have missed a cultural cue.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 04:57:24 PM »
Proving yet again you have missed a cultural cue.

What else could it mean?

Offline rwd123

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 05:35:28 PM »
So advice please and why so pro apartments anti hotels ?
Apartments are generally less expensive, bigger, more comfortable, and more private. The added bonus is you'll get a kitchen and washing machine. Never had a problem with heating.

Visit Pinchuk, there's a guy who plays inside a piano which is pretty cool. There are some nice places to eat around Kontraktova Square. I like the parks around Arsenala metro station.  Mur-Mur restaurant has some nice views (near Arena City).

I don't know your age so can't recommend nightspots. Arena City is not the greatest place but you can pop in and out of places to see if you like what you see. Ask the concierge for recommendations, they generally can provide some good pointers.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 06:34:03 PM »
I won't make a suggestion of where to go as I think it's better for each person to find their own unique experience of Kiev. On the face of it to the new arrival it can appear a bit inaccessible, probably more so to those who don't know Russian well. I've found though its a city with many interesting facets.

I find the company of a woman is good for Kiev as she will help you access your own unique experience of Kiev. The two women I was with there were both different personalities with different tastes. That made for a great experience for me both times as we didn't end up at the same places or doing the same stuff. If anything I found it best not to bring up places I went with the previous girl, the more different places the more you experience a whole other side to Kiev :)

Offline BC

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 02:17:07 AM »
To answer the question posed, depends on if you booked a single or double.  Options are upgrade at the front desk or work it out with the doorman.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 02:22:15 AM »
Just an eye opener to others.  Through f dating I got involved with a mother daughter team who both had English sugar daddies.  Mother had met English guy on a find a wife coach tour.  Gf had found her sugar daddy by approaching a friends husband.  I got involved through f dating.  Mother was anti me from the start.  Gf was always kind and always went Dutch.  Looking back I guess unless I was prepared to finance g f I should have accepted the situation.  The thought of her going of to be with a 25 year older guy to maintain her sugar daddy just hit a nerve so I left

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 02:22:54 AM »
Always double room

Offline The Natural

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 05:37:29 AM »
Why not just ask the doorman what the rules are? If negative, get online and research a good apartment.

Offline Vi.Ria

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 06:11:18 AM »
Omg :)
 Why did you choose the hotel?? Modern and most expensive apartments of $ 30-40 per day.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2019, 06:43:53 AM »
Why not just ask the doorman what the rules are? If negative, get online and research a good apartment.

That'll mean James will pay out twice and he apparently chose the place to save money. He doesn't even know yet if he'll find a girl in the short two days that he's got. The ideal would have been to use Fdating while at the girl's apartment when she was at work just to make contact with a few girls. Even if he did so not knowing if he would stay at her place the whole time it would hedge his bets for the off chance that he would lead as has happened. That way he would get a head start and possibly meet up with girls more quickly.

On the plus side James can take this as a learning experience that has cost him little so always good for next time. It's how I try to look at stuff when I make a mistake or two while out in the FSU.

Apartments are fine if the set up is straightforward and easy to find. If not been in the city before with virtually no language ability or experience of using the Apartment set up sometimes it can become a hard task.

I think with just two days it will probably be best for James to just run with the situation he's got and see what crops up.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2007
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1998
Total: 2008

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM