It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Marraige to a Ukrainian women  (Read 2871 times)

Offline LJCares

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Marraige to a Ukrainian women
« on: August 15, 2018, 11:06:21 AM »
Hello Everyone,
    It's been awhile since I been on this site but I feel now is the time to reflect on my experience on being married to a Ukrainian women for 8 years now. First I would like to acknowledge the assistance I received from Mila Lobunko in arranging my trip and eventually introducing me to my future wife even today she helps me by sending flowers to my wife who is currently in  Ukraine visiting. I would highly recommend her!  As for the past 8 years it has had its ups and downs like in any relationship. From the down standpoint it not just one single thing but rather many just like in any relationship with the difference being perhaps the effects of culture and age difference (22 years) being part of it and of course our personalities. The fact we are still together attest to our commitment to each other.
As for personality she is a strong and intelligent woman which is a good thing but like a double edge sword it can have its downside as she is quite vociferous when she does not agree with me on what I said or have done which can result in hurt feelings on both sides. Of course I too have a part to play in this such as my still not learning enough Russian to better communicate in her language though she has learned English well it has been less of an incentive for me to learn Russian which is on me. Well I could go on but I think you are beginning to get the picture. If there is anything in particular you wish to know I will try my best to answer your questions.

Overall I do not regret my decision and would only say if you begin this journey be sure you are committed to seeing it through as you are dealing with another persons life and it should be cherished and respected.
LJ

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
Re: Marraige to a Ukrainian women
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 02:00:28 PM »
“quite vociferous”

haha LJ!!

I know exactly what you mean!  I don’t know your background, but I’d like to see if you have a similar opinion on THAT subject as mine

there’s a BIG difference in the way a Ukrainian woman will “yell at you” compared to the way an American woman will yell at you

for example, most of the instances in my case involve not cleaning something, like leaving a dirty dish in the sink

my wife will yet at me like this, “WHY DID YOU LEAVE A DIRTY DISH IN THE SINK, NEXT TIME CLEAN IT AND DON’T JUST LEAVE IT THERE”

an American woman in the same situation, will yell at me like this
“YOU ALWAYS LEAVE DIRTY DISHES IN THE SINK BECAUSE ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOUR PRECIOUS COMPUTERS, CAN’T YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT?”

the Ukrainian woman will destroy your eardrums (they are LOUD, and I am “noise sensitive”)
an American woman will destroy your psyche

totally go with the Ukrainian!!!

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 07:03:36 PM »

It's been over 7 years since your last post. You are inspired to come back and post an update. Thank you for sharing.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 07:26:00 PM »
i just hope that billyb didn't just post an even BETTER story than the cemetery one

Offline mhr7

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 07:35:22 PM »

if you begin this journey be sure you are committed to seeing it through as you are dealing with another persons life and it should be cherished and respected.
LJ

Words of wisdom.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Jamesukjames

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 03:16:03 AM »
Totally agree with above.  You forgot to note sex.  UK woman once a month if you've been a good little beta.  F s u every day sex because she needs it. 

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 12:50:48 PM »
Yes, the physiology is completely different. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 12:54:13 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 01:00:43 PM »
Exactly the psychology is completely different and yes the physiology too.  Slavic Asian viking genes versus celtic anglo saxon and Germanic genes.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 01:30:05 PM »
:ROFL:

The "psychology" is about the perception of needing a man to survive and doing everything to ensure he sticks to you.  It's not about the requirement to have sex.

Waves of Europeans landed in the Russian Empire - Scots in three waves in the 17th century (have you ever of Lermontov?  Barclay de Tolly?  Patrick Gordon? Jacob Bruce?)  the Irish after the famine, who settled mostly in Belarus (have you ever heard of Olga Korbut?  Joseph O'Rourke?) 

Almost all of Southern Ukraine, was inhabited by ethnic Germans, while Volyn', and Polissia had huge German populations.  They had their own schools and churches, and in some areas, rarely spoke Russian.  (Have you ever heard of Sviatoslav Richter?)

The Hugenots also took refuge in Russia and Ukraine (ever heard of Franz Lefort?) In Southwestern Ukraine, Ukrainians were mixed with Romanians.  In Western Ukraine, with Poles, Hungarians, Czechs, and Slovaks.

There are relatively few Asians in the Ukrainian gene pool.  Of all the above ethnicities, I would say that in Eastern Ukraine, most Ukrainians have some Germanic roots, in Central Ukraine, Germanic or Polish roots, and in Western Ukraine, Polish or Hungarian roots. 

« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 01:38:06 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 01:56:17 PM »
Oops - I forgot about the 2 million Serbs who settled in Southern Ukraine (present day Kirovohrad and Luhansk oblasts).   They assimilated within 2 generations.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 02:17:42 PM »
Ukrainian  Russian Belarus Slavic gene pool is mainly indo-European from the Russian Steppes
UK gene pool is mainly from the germanic tribes and anglo saxons

Offline Boethius

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 02:29:17 PM »
No, at best, it is 50% Haplogroup R1A, and even then, that doesn't connote someone with a "pure" R1A pedigree, or that every Ukrainian has an R1A pedigree.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 03:12:04 PM »
Ukrainian  Russian Belarus Slavic gene pool is mainly indo-European from the Russian Steppes
UK gene pool is mainly from the germanic tribes and anglo saxons

Sex is all about the attitude, not her genetic makeup. You get a happy, loving 
FSUW and she will have a great attitude in the bedroom (or the kitchen table)
but there are cRaZy, eViL, nAstY FSUW as well and your experience can
be totally different as you lie in a pool of blood wondering which organs she
harvested for cash while she handcuffed you to the bed frame.

The goal is to find a good girl and to avoid cRaZy like the plague.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 03:14:58 PM »
Hello Everyone,
    It's been awhile since I been on this site but I feel now is the time to reflect on my experience on being married to a Ukrainian women for 8 years now.

Overall I do not regret my decision and would only say if you begin this journey be sure you are committed to seeing it through as you are dealing with another persons life and it should be cherished and respected.
LJ

Welcome back!

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541380
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 1526
Most Online Ever: 12701