It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The first few days  (Read 1785 times)

Offline TagUrIt898

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The first few days
« on: November 29, 2015, 11:05:30 PM »
Hey everyone, just a quick update.  Polishka is here!!!!  She arrived to the U.S. On Friday, November 27th into JFK.  It was an amazing experience picking her up from the airport. Seeing her walk out of those doors from the baggage claim was one the happiest moments I've ever had in my life!  I met her with a homemade sign welcoming her to the USA and two dozen roses. She was very happy and a bit overwhelmed. She started crying tears of joy that had made it here. She said she still couldn't believe she was here with me.

We drove home to Maryland (four hour drive) and she slept most of the way. Her traveling leading up to this trip was pretty exhausting and she didn't sleep the night before or on the plane.

We made it back home safe and the first few days have been just Awesome!  There are so many things we both want to do, places to visit, etc.  I've already cooked breakfast for her and she has made me dinner too. Our grocery stores and Walmarts are very different from what she knows. I warned her that everything here is supersized. She said so many foods are so ready to eat already.

Anyways, I don't wanna bore you guys with mundane details. I'm just happy that she's finally here and I look forward to our lives together.

Tag

Offline Noch1

Re: The first few days
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 03:58:33 AM »
Congrats, very cool, I remember this faze well. I actually enjoyed showing my wife
all the little things that were different about the 2 countries.
Also funny how showing her the sights, re-educates yourself on your own city.
Enjoy:)
Common sense, Is not so common!

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 08:14:15 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS!

Tag, I wish you and Polishka a life of happiness.

Adjusting to America will have its frustrating moments for both of you, but more for her.  The help you give her now will be appreciated immensely and will further bond the two of you together. 

Your patience may be tested.  Remember the frustrating moments will pass and will be exceeded amply by awesome moments like you are feeling now.

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 08:50:35 AM »
Congratulations my friend.  I wish you guys the very best.

Offline jone

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 08:55:11 AM »
Tag,

You really have done a nice job on behalf of your woman.  It is a credit to your character and determination.   

Your experience reads like a 'how to' book of eliminating all of the obstacles and staying focused on the prize of a lifetime together.

Congratulations.

-j
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Omega82

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 12:51:59 AM »
Congratulations Tag.   

Just out of curiosity, how long did the paperwork take? 

I've been told seven months, is this accurate? 

How many trips did you make to see her in Ukraine? 

Some members are able to travel more frequently.  I made two trips to Russia this year (March and November) and that was by never calling in sick at work and stretching my paid time off to the max.  That meant I came to work the same night I had just arrived.   It is more difficult for us Americans. 

I wish you much happiness. 

Offline TagUrIt898

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 01:10:37 AM »
Thanks to ALL for the well wishes!! 

Omega from start to finish a little less than four months. We started on August 12th and we were approved on November 18th. The process can be tedious, but it helps TREMENDOUSLY if you have all your paperwork in order.  The visa and the process is moving much faster these days, due to all of the applications being sent to the California office.  We were fortunate to have ours go there instead of the Texas office.  There were many people who's applications are still pending, simply because of where their applications were sent.  If you're considering going thru the K1 process be prepared to have a lot of patience and do a lot of research. VISA Journey was great resource and there will be others there that share your goals. 

I had a lot of vacation time so I was able to visit my fiancé four times before she came to the USA. 

I wish you luck as well. If yiu have any questions feel free to reach out.

Tag

Offline BillyB

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 10:37:06 AM »
There are so many things we both want to do, places to visit, etc.

You two are on an emotional high. Polina is lacking sleep even if she doesn't know it. Make sure she gets plenty of rest before doing too many activities in Winter weather. Don't want to burn her out and make her ill. Enjoy the ride and thanks for the update!
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701