It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 459059 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« on: July 08, 2017, 02:29:48 AM »
I think some people are more oblivious to bad signs than others. Though there are all sorts that come up during international dating and it is not always easy to tell. That and if you're coming off second best to local guys then that is likely to show. So try to improve on appearance, money & if you can personality. I know it's tough as there's a lot of competition out there at home in the US as in the UK. Recently I was in a resort with a lot of young guys from England walking around. They were either normal or tone physical appearance. However, the girls they were with were pretty much all fat. Obviously it was all they could get, they weren't all hugely fat and perhaps they had a nice personality but the fact that they could get a relationship without bothering on their weight but they all went with guys that did bother spoke volumes of the amount of effort guys need to make. Sure an odd few guys will come up trumps despite being under par in a few areas as the girl may be naturally into them but doesn't happen often I think. Pretty girls though can be difficult, they know what they are worth and believe me as I am finding out they'll make sure you are paying for it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 02:32:40 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 01:07:21 PM »
Pretty girls though can be difficult, they know what they are worth and believe me as I am finding out they'll make sure you are paying for it.

Sounds like the makings of a "beautiful" relationship.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 01:10:28 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Muzh

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 12:38:47 PM »
I think some people are more oblivious to bad signs than others. Though there are all sorts that come up during international dating and it is not always easy to tell. That and if you're coming off second best to local guys then that is likely to show. So try to improve on appearance, money & if you can personality. I know it's tough as there's a lot of competition out there at home in the US as in the UK. Recently I was in a resort with a lot of young guys from England walking around. They were either normal or tone physical appearance. However, the girls they were with were pretty much all fat. Obviously it was all they could get, they weren't all hugely fat and perhaps they had a nice personality but the fact that they could get a relationship without bothering on their weight but they all went with guys that did bother spoke volumes of the amount of effort guys need to make. Sure an odd few guys will come up trumps despite being under par in a few areas as the girl may be naturally into them but doesn't happen often I think. Pretty girls though can be difficult, they know what they are worth and believe me as I am finding out they'll make sure you are paying for it.

Let me ask you.

If you cannot get a hot smoldering babe in the UK you think you can get one in the former Soyuz? If you think you can, can you tell me what is your basis for accomplishing such a feat?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline JayH

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 01:51:24 PM »

Let me ask you.

If you cannot get a hot smoldering babe in the UK you think you can get one in the former Soyuz?

I am guessing you have not read much of this guys posts -- he cannot get ANY woman in the UK  !!
His chances in the FSU are not much higher.

You can see my assessment of him in an earlier thread that  a few others agreed with at that time--and many months later others came to agree with.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 10:13:25 PM »
I am guessing you have not read much of this guys posts -- he cannot get ANY woman in the UK  !!
His chances in the FSU are not much higher.

You can see my assessment of him in an earlier thread that  a few others agreed with at that time--and many months later others came to agree with.

I cannot get any woman in the UK... that I would want.

For instance I could most likely get a fat girl in the UK but I don't find women that are naturally fat attractive, there tends to be no chemistry, genetically I don't think I am geared to be attracted to fat women. Many other guys in the UK are like this also there are only a handful that get turned on by overweight women. I doubt I could get hard over a fat girl and I know a guy who had a girl that was overweight and couldn't get hard and this of course is a problem - she lost weight as she was not a naturally fat and all was good again.

Admittedly I have one or two areas I fall down on as a guy. I wouldn't be on here otherwise, if I was a flash rich dude up for personality of the year award I would have hot women in the UK flocking to me and no need to look abroad. Odds are Jay you have your own shortcomings but I fear your problem may be that you are too proud to admit it and admitting you have shortcomings is a necessary part of making progress in the search for an FSW I think. If you can look yourself in the mirror and know what your shortcomings are then you can be aware, adapt, alleviate, improve etc on these shortcomings. Its something I think OP needs to do without getting into a self-character assassination situation - none of us are perfect after all. He needs to look at why said girl went of after gaining her green card - was he not very wealthy, not very handsome - left himself go, overweight, etc. and her was she a straight 10 and be admirable to many flash guys out there looking for a hot girl. Myself my girl facially is a straight 10 and being very pretty and knowing how competitive things are for women in the UK yes if I brought her back here I would likely have men who think they are so much better than me trying to move in and take her off me - and yes they may well succeed. Do I want to go to all the trouble of bringing a girl to the UK just for some guy to take the pee and take her off me in an instant, no of course not. OP here did that and it looks like that is what he got. I know my shortcomings and OP needs to know his. 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 10:37:45 PM »

Let me ask you.

If you cannot get a hot smoldering babe in the UK you think you can get one in the former Soyuz? If you think you can, can you tell me what is your basis for accomplishing such a feat?

I have a hot smoldering babe in the former Soyuz :D And that is the problem, I did not set out to go for a hot smoldering babe she saw my profile and put in for me, if I were to bring her back to UK as I've just stated under Jay's post I would have the fear that other guys that are full of themselves would straight away move in on her. I know what these 'cock of the week' guys are like over here they are full of themselves and think they are self-entitled to move in on any hot babe they so desire.

How did I accomplish such a feat? lol. Admittedly I gain a few points in the Money category for women in Ukraine that I would not do here (Ukraine being a poorer country, good pound to ghrivna exchange rate) Looks category I think I score at least decently on thoughI could do with working out a little and Personality category I'm admittedly not an 'In crowd' party type so don't score highly there - though FSU society seems to place less emphasis on how good with your yap you are unlike the US & UK so its not necessarily as weighty a category. So scoring enough points in the Money & I would hope Looks category was probably enough. The money category is an issue for me as I did not intend for a girl to be attracted to me for that and with her I just need to get to know her better to see exactly what basis we are on with each other. Being an attractive girl it seems to come with a higher maintenance price tag, I mean she's not real uber expensive in terms of wanting jewellery and stuff costing thousands but stuff she wants all mounts up and being a FSU girl she expects me to be paying and this I do find a pain.

So you are living in Cuba? That must be a bit unusual on here.     

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 10:54:52 PM »
Since when was Puerto Rico  'Cuba ? ... 

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 11:05:18 PM »
I have a hot smoldering babe in the former Soyuz :D

But DOES he ?   

I'm surprised our Trench isn't worried about what she is getting up to - when not in his presence...For sure, she is going to find out his 'trust' and other issues, soon enough ... [/quote]

How did I accomplish such a feat?

I'll hazard a guess...She 'found' you ?

Offline JayH

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 12:26:36 AM »
?   

I'm surprised our Trench

OUR  Trench --  he is not "ours" --he is your ==  pommie git !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 01:24:58 AM »
But DOES he ?   

I'm surprised our Trench isn't worried about what she is getting up to - when not in his presence...For sure, she is going to find out his 'trust' and other issues, soon enough ...

I'll hazard a guess...She 'found' you ?

I 'think' she is not getting up to anything when I am not around, but I don't 'know' that she is not. Why? because I am not living with her on everyday domestic basis and even then as OP found there's no assurances there either.

I'm often reminded on here about my 'trust' issues, OP I assume didn't have any trust issues whatsoever and look what happened there. So is having trust issues particularly with someone I have only known a short while such a bad thing? If anything I am learning that having trust issues on this search is not a bad thing, why not after all safeguard yourself against bad outcomes - there are loads of girls in Ukraine & Russia who go after guys for all sorts of reasons other than the stated that the guy put on his profile, normally that he is looking for a relationship & possibly kids. Yet some girls go with guys after the guy has repeatedly stated what they want and uncaringly waste the guys time, money & effort because they want a free holiday, be bought stuff, free visa, Immigration, etc. Why as a guy should I not protect myself from that than be used by a girl who just does not care about what position I am left in as a result. You yourself Mobe have gone through a divorce with wife - were you done right by in that relationship? Your present relationship will you be getting married there or are there 'trust issues'? I just think it would be a good thing for all those looking for a relationship in the FSU to actually have trust issues and play it carefully. If we all did that then perhaps a lot of the bad girls that seek to mess guys around for their wants would see it as too bothersome and go entertain themselves elsewhere.   

Offline Muzh

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 08:01:08 AM »
Since when was Puerto Rico  'Cuba ? ...

They used to call it two birds of a feather.  ;)

He may have a slight problem with color recognition.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Boethius

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 03:33:20 PM »
I have a hot smoldering babe in the former Soyuz :D And that is the problem, I did not set out to go for a hot smoldering babe she saw my profile and put in for me, if I were to bring her back to UK as I've just stated under Jay's post I would have the fear that other guys that are full of themselves would straight away move in on her. I know what these 'cock of the week' guys are like over here they are full of themselves and think they are self-entitled to move in on any hot babe they so desire.

How did I accomplish such a feat? lol. Admittedly I gain a few points in the Money category for women in Ukraine that I would not do here (Ukraine being a poorer country, good pound to ghrivna exchange rate) Looks category I think I score at least decently on thoughI could do with working out a little and Personality category I'm admittedly not an 'In crowd' party type so don't score highly there - though FSU society seems to place less emphasis on how good with your yap you are unlike the US & UK so its not necessarily as weighty a category. So scoring enough points in the Money & I would hope Looks category was probably enough. The money category is an issue for me as I did not intend for a girl to be attracted to me for that and with her I just need to get to know her better to see exactly what basis we are on with each other. Being an attractive girl it seems to come with a higher maintenance price tag, I mean she's not real uber expensive in terms of wanting jewellery and stuff costing thousands but stuff she wants all mounts up and being a FSU girl she expects me to be paying and this I do find a pain.

So you are living in Cuba? That must be a bit unusual on here.   

How much time have you spent together physically?

What sorts of things are you expected to fund?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 07:36:48 PM »
OUR  Trench --  he is not "ours" --he is your ==  pommie git !

When it comes to being associated with Trench, I'm pretending I only have Irish nationality . ;)

Offline msmob

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 07:56:03 PM »
You yourself Mobe have gone through a divorce with wife - were you done right by in that relationship?

If you'd asked me that at the time, I'd have said, no -  but it is amazing what time can heal. We both did some daft things . Do I regret this time, now? - no way ..  It is easy to say - now - but it is better to have loved and lost - than never to have loved at all.  I wouldn't have met SC and been able to communicate with her - if it hadn't have been for living with V and my step-son for 5 plus years.  We trusted each other to be monogamous  and we were.

Your present relationship will you be getting married there or are there 'trust issues'?

No trust issues, just not divorced - yet = from RU Wife #1 - not for the want of trying - not helped by Courts losing docs - because the Courts handling the Divorce changed - and some confusion over the 'legality' of a certified copy of our Marriage Certificate - not UK

I just think it would be a good thing for all those looking for a relationship in the FSU to actually have trust issues and play it carefully. If we all did that then perhaps a lot of the bad girls that seek to mess guys around for their wants would see it as too bothersome and go entertain themselves elsewhere.

Trench - don't get married ....    Trust is something earnt over time - you really do have trust issues....  and some bizarre reasoning to be looking overseas....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 10:47:57 PM »

How much time have you spent together physically?

What sorts of things are you expected to fund?

We have been together physically for 2 weeks now. Now we are apart again and I want to fairly soon move to a situation where we are living together as opposed to a meet up every 6 weeks or so. Apparently she expects me to fund all her clothes purchases (though she goes her clothes shopping mainly when 'the sales' are on so at a discount some of the clothing she chooses is designer label - Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, etc) also some beauty products/cosmetics, supermarket food, restaurants, etc. She says a 'Real Man' is one who buys stuff for her - apparently the last time she bought clothing was roughly 3 years ago, she works in retail so earns very little and that money goes on rent - I have no reason to doubt that and believe she is telling the truth. We deem our relationship a serious relationship and have stated to each other we shall just see each other, we have been intimate on both occasions together. I personally think she has trouble finding a guy locally as they would simply be not up to her expectation of providing for her. She doesn't go for expensive jewellery (I've bought her no jewellery so far) or clothes costing thousands but it all adds up. I have told her I am not responsible for the lack of clothing she has had - she likes clothes/fashion, she is very girly.

I have reservations about her coming to the UK not only because of the documentation process which looks an ordeal but because I see UK society as bringing no good to a relationship. When we we're on holiday we ate out a lot and I would fear that if she came to the UK to live permanently she would follow the present trend of girls eating out a lot as they socialize and get fat. That's before we get to all the other issues of UK society of feminism, careers, divorce law and of course trading up. She is very pretty facially and at least at the outset before any risk of her getting fat she would be very in demand by UK men. Yes she seems into me but I know UK men and some flash extrovert type would no doubt take it upon himself to push himself upon her as he's birthright. No way am I going to be played for a fool and so the only way forward for me in this or any relationship as I see it is to secure a independent source of income here (which I am now working on) and live of the proceeds in Ukraine or wherever in FSU. In Ukraine the Pound/Dollar/Euro goes a refreshingly long way so I would literally be able to cover rent and bills with independent income from the UK before any use of savings or attempt at a job.

If there were any problems in relationship I would be in the happy position of having a pool of girls to immediately choose from again :D She would be faced with the competition rather than me :D and all my assets are protected :D For me this is the only way that I can see as practical for me in FSU dating otherwise you risk getting problems like OP above. Sure some guys have brought back women to the US or UK straight off and its worked but I get the impression they scored quite highly on most counts on the scorecard to start with.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 11:04:52 PM »
If you'd asked me that at the time, I'd have said, no -  but it is amazing what time can heal. We both did some daft things . Do I regret this time, now? - no way ..  It is easy to say - now - but it is better to have loved and lost - than never to have loved at all.  I wouldn't have met SC and been able to communicate with her - if it hadn't have been for living with V and my step-son for 5 plus years.  We trusted each other to be monogamous  and we were.

No trust issues, just not divorced - yet = from RU Wife #1 - not for the want of trying - not helped by Courts losing docs - because the Courts handling the Divorce changed - and some confusion over the 'legality' of a certified copy of our Marriage Certificate - not UK

Trench - don't get married ....    Trust is something earnt over time - you really do have trust issues....  and some bizarre reasoning to be looking overseas....

I think you're right Moby, not for me to get married at least not for the time being. I have a few issues with girl at present mainly:

1). She seems to be a Shopaholic.

2). Disagreement between us on where to be together and neither of us has so far budged, she wants UK I am wary and suggest elsewhere.

Despite this we seem into each other and I care about her she's a really sweet girl and loving. Yes I have trust issues not just with her but any girl. I would need to get to know girl better over a longer period of time and even then to be honest I would rather play the ball in my court as I would just get too worried if I was reckless in leaving myself vulnerable as OP seems to have done.

I assume when you do finally get divorced your present wife will be going for at least the 50 percent of your assets? possibly more if she has a child even though it is not your own. For your new relationship, what of that? are you going to live/marry abroad and protect yourself or bring her back to the UK leaving yourself potentially vulnerable. After all your new partner may see you as easily taken since you are already being divorced by one FSW how do you know she does not view you as easy pickings.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2017, 09:03:57 AM »
Whenever you hear the words "real man" from an FSUW, you are being manipulated, or there is an attempt at manipulation.  BTW, a FSUM would not be buying his woman clothes, unless she's his wife, or he's wealthy and she's a disposable side piece. 

What is the age difference?

How are you going to support yourself if you move to Ukraine?

Offline ML

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2017, 09:50:34 AM »
In Ukraine the Pound/Dollar/Euro goes a refreshingly long way so I would literally be able to cover rent and bills with independent income from the UK before any use of savings or attempt at a job.

This is a misunderstanding of how exchange rate changes work in both theory and practice.

e.g.  Exchange rate was $1 USD to 5 Ukrainian hryvnia.
Now exchange rate is  $1 USD to 26 Ukrainia hryvnia.

So the naive think that their USD, Euro or whatever will buy 5 times as much now as before.

Wrong!!

The prices of many items in Ukraine have gone up by 5 times in terms of hryvnia.

Currency devaluation leads to price inflation in the devaluing country.

And many items, other than basic food items, are priced in terms of USD.

My spouse just returned from Ukraine and she has known for the past several years what has happened to the cost of living for her parents and other relatives.

Many who were living fairly comfortable lives before are now just barely scraping by because costs have risen so dramatically while salaries and pension payments have barely moved.  She now needs to provide support money to relatives who did not need it before.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2017, 09:55:12 AM »
I think you're right Moby, not for me to get married at least not for the time being. I have a few issues with girl at present mainly:

1). She seems to be a Shopaholic.

2). Disagreement between us on where to be together and neither of us has so far budged, she wants UK I am wary and suggest elsewhere.

Despite this we seem into each other and I care about her she's a really sweet girl and loving. Yes I have trust issues not just with her but any girl. I would need to get to know girl better over a longer period of time and even then to be honest I would rather play the ball in my court as I would just get too worried if I was reckless in leaving myself vulnerable as OP seems to have done.

Trench, only you can know this - but it REALLY does seem she is into you for your wallet - if I am wrong and you marry the girl and cewlebrate five years bliis I will stump up the bill at a reasobable place...NOT McDonalds...

Also the UK, immigration process for a Spouse - is not that hard... a bit on the pricy side - about the same as buying a decent 10 year old car...

I assume when you do finally get divorced your present wife will be going for at least the 50 percent of your assets?

Nope, We agreed finances in the formal of an agreement that was witnessed and binding on both of us some years ago.  Basically, We leave as we entered the relationship - although I funded them while we were together. She was no gold-digger.

For your new relationship, what of that? are you going to live/marry abroad and protect yourself or bring her back to the UK leaving yourself potentially vulnerable. After all your new partner may see you as easily taken since you are already being divorced by one FSW how do you know she does not view you as easy pickings.

In the light of my previous answer, you'll note that I am not worried and SC owns her place outright in a very desirable part of an expensive ( for Russia ) city. I do not believe in prenups......

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 10:07:08 AM »
This is a misunderstanding of how exchange rate changes work in both theory and practice.

e.g.  Exchange rate was $1 USD to 5 Ukrainian hryvnia.
Now exchange rate is  $1 USD to 26 Ukrainia hryvnia.

So the naive think that their USD, Euro or whatever will buy 5 times as much now as before.

Wrong!!

The prices of many items in Ukraine have gone up by 5 times in terms of hryvnia.

Currency devaluation leads to price inflation in the devaluing country.

And many items, other than basic food items, are priced in terms of USD.

My spouse just returned from Ukraine and she has known for the past several years what has happened to the cost of living for her parents and other relatives.

Many who were living fairly comfortable lives before are now just barely scraping by because costs have risen so dramatically while salaries and pension payments have barely moved.  She now needs to provide support money to relatives who did not need it before.

This is true, when I was there this year I think you could really tell the hyper inflation of the previous two years have taken affect. Things cost a lot more and much more similar to cost in UK. A few things possibly more expensive and an odd few things still much cheaper.

Previous year I'm sure things were generally on the whole much cheaper than this year in Ukraine. I think though the real saving though comes from stuff like hotels or apartments which if choosy enough can be much cheaper than the UK.

Girl I was with this year didn't seem to realise this though that price of clothing was approximately the same as UK. Sure my earning power may have been more than her but it can still all add up a bit.

Above noted it can still be a decent deal in Ukraine compared to shopping in Euros in Europe. My experience in Moscow was that Russia seemed a bit more expensive than Ukraine. You are right though ML the devaluation & inflation of Ukrainian currency has caused much the affect as you've described. Not many Ukrainians were buying much clothing in the shops when I went there.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 10:18:54 AM »
Whenever you hear the words "real man" from an FSUW, you are being manipulated, or there is an attempt at manipulation.  BTW, a FSUM would not be buying his woman clothes, unless she's his wife, or he's wealthy and she's a disposable side piece. 

What is the age difference?

How are you going to support yourself if you move to Ukraine?

There is a 14 year age difference, she is in her twenties. She contacted me. I initially said the age difference was too much but she was adamant that it was not. You may well be right that she is being manipulative on the Real Man thing - thank you for your input here it not always easy to see when on the inside of a relationship in a foreign situation. I was really looking for a girl nearer my age but she just came up and seemed into me when meeting in Kiev she did on recent holiday also but I think in some ways it was a step back on holiday the Kiev stay had more of a better relationship vibe to it on the whole I thought. We stayed in an apartment and seemed more working towards a relationship I think.

Well, essentially I would take in lodgers in my house to fund my rent/living costs while over there. Then just have savings for back up and see if I can pick up a small amount of English Language teacher work to keep myself a bit occupied.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 10:27:35 AM »
Trench, only you can know this - but it REALLY does seem she is into you for your wallet - if I am wrong and you marry the girl and cewlebrate five years bliis I will stump up the bill at a reasobable place...NOT McDonalds...

Also the UK, immigration process for a Spouse - is not that hard... a bit on the pricy side - about the same as buying a decent 10 year old car...

Nope, We agreed finances in the formal of an agreement that was witnessed and binding on both of us some years ago.  Basically, We leave as we entered the relationship - although I funded them while we were together. She was no gold-digger.

In the light of my previous answer, you'll note that I am not worried and SC owns her place outright in a very desirable part of an expensive ( for Russia ) city. I do not believe in prenups......

I'm surprised Moby that your wife agreed to that most women these days will take a guy for all its worth and many know any previous agreements in the divorce courts in the UK may not be respected by the court.

Was it your intention to go for a woman that was quite wealthy as your new partner in the FSU or did it just happen that way?

Offline jone

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 11:27:48 AM »
Trench,

Your views on this board are quite jaundiced.  While there are many women who will take a man 'for everything they are worth' the majority of women I know who go through divorce want an equitable split of monies, and, in many cases, want some type of income stream due to the idea that they were home having babies while the husband was increasing his earning capacity.

Also, your idea of wealthy is much different than mine.  The fact that a woman owns her flat in a nice part of the city does not indicate independent wealth.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Boethius

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 12:50:29 PM »
There is a 14 year age difference, she is in her twenties. She contacted me. I initially said the age difference was too much but she was adamant that it was not. You may well be right that she is being manipulative on the Real Man thing - thank you for your input here it not always easy to see when on the inside of a relationship in a foreign situation. I was really looking for a girl nearer my age but she just came up and seemed into me when meeting in Kiev she did on recent holiday also but I think in some ways it was a step back on holiday the Kiev stay had more of a better relationship vibe to it on the whole I thought. We stayed in an apartment and seemed more working towards a relationship I think.

Well, essentially I would take in lodgers in my house to fund my rent/living costs while over there. Then just have savings for back up and see if I can pick up a small amount of English Language teacher work to keep myself a bit occupied.

Only a certain "layer" of their society uses words such as "real man".   

Do you think a local man would be buying her make up and clothing after a couple of weeks of shagging? 

Ukraine, presently, is a dead end.  As I understand it, you are in your mid thirties, entering your peak earning years.  Why would you throw that away? Plus, anyone who consistently fails to recognize the difference between a possessive pronoun and a contraction has no business teaching English.

If you really believe she is "the one", then fund her study in the UK and don't marry her.  Yes, it will cost you money, but less than a failed marriage. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:02:32 PM by Boethius »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2017, 03:04:53 PM »

Only a certain "layer" of their society uses words such as "real man".   

Do you think a local man would be buying her make up and clothing after a couple of weeks of shagging? 

Ukraine, presently, is a dead end.  As I understand it, you are in your mid thirties, entering your peak earning years.  Why would you throw that away?  If you really believe she is "the one", then fund her study in the UK and don't marry her.  Yes, it will cost you money, but less than a failed marriage.

What 'layer' is that?

No I pretty sure a local guy would not be buying her all that clothing stuff. I very much doubt he would be able to afford it. I brought this up with her she seems to think it is different for foreigners. Apparently her friend is going out with a foreigner and he buys her lots of clothes. She expresses that she is a girl and as such likes clothes. I know that because she is hot and young that she may feel that by going out with an older guy that she should get all that stuff coming to her. Personally though I think it has been damaging to our relationship. I think I felt more on relationship terms when in Kiev and I bought her much less. Anyway she seems to refuse to accept that she shouldn't get bought stuff. I never set out to be a sugar daddy lol or believed this to be part of our relationship. I think your right Boethius in that I am going to have to express my misgivings over it and stipulate that she will not be bought any more unless we are married. I just see the relationship not working out otherwise and that is something I would not wish for.

Why give up on earning income? Basically without being in a loving relationship life is pretty empty and I don't feel motivated anyway, there is no real reason to need a lot of money if it is just me, nor a need to bother with a career ladder. In any case while my line of work bring in ok sort of money like many careers in the UK these days the money is not great even as a degree qualified professional. So I'm not giving up as much as you might suppose.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:40:23 PM by Trenchcoat »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1867
Total: 1878

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM