It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Of course, the CIA wants to topple Russia  (Read 27853 times)

Offline sleepycat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Of course, the CIA wants to topple Russia
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2014, 08:40:40 AM »
One segment of the economy that may blossom though, the wheelbarrow making industry.

With the way the Rouble is trending lately, in a year's time people could be using a wheelbarrow to carry their money instead of a wallet or purse...

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2014, 09:11:06 AM »

Russia will have other nations that are friendly towards them, like China.  In addition, basic needs of their people can be met.  It is not ideal, but I don't believe they will be 'starved out'.

Fathertime!

Here's a nice article that talks about Russia's basic needs. Hope you can understand what the author says, however, I'm not getting my hopes too high.

Russia claims to reserve the right to protect Russians living abroad. Given the large numbers of Russians living throughout post-Soviet Eurasia, this claim has the potential to provide Russia with an excuse for intervention anywhere in the region. Furthermore, it may lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy, by which governments of other post-Soviet states come to distrust their ethnic Russian populations, leading to discrimination that creates the conditions for a potential Russian intervention.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2014, 09:21:21 AM »
For one, the guy that created VK fled the country already.
You don't consider him an entrepreneur?
I don't care who is leaving Russia.
Whom do you mean? Can't you just say the name?

Offline Doll

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2014, 09:24:17 AM »
One segment of the economy that may blossom though, the wheelbarrow making industry.

With the way the Rouble is trending lately, in a year's time people could be using a wheelbarrow to carry their money instead of a wallet or purse...
Dear, I personally survived 1991, all 90s and the default of 1998. Now lets see where Russia is after all these dramas. It is strong and united. I am being serious.

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2014, 09:26:30 AM »

Wonder what you are talking about. After a sharp decline early 2014, the Ruble is stable around 48 rubles for a Euro.
Besides, in almost any Russian shop electronic payment is possible.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2014, 11:54:25 AM »

Russia will have other nations that are friendly towards them, like China.  In addition, basic needs of their people can be met.  It is not ideal, but I don't believe they will be 'starved out'.

Fathertime!

Perhaps China will take advantage of this situation by getting Moscow to approve more temporary worker permits for Chinese agricultural laborers.  Then when there are enough Chinese peasants in any given city, The Red Army of the PRC will invade Russia.  Reasons given will be that they had to protect ethnic Chinese, protect Chinese language rights, and anyway, those lands belonged to prior Chinese Kingdoms to begin with!   :clapping:

article

"Russia's Far East Federal District, a region two-thirds the size of the United States, has a population of just 6.3 million and wide swathes of unfarmed fertile land.

China is next door; its 1.4 billion people have an insatiable appetite for crops and produce, and its companies have gone as far as Australia, South America and the Pacific island of Vanuatuto to lease farmland, as reported by David Stanway for Reuters, who wrote about the agricultural arrangement between Russia and China.

Unlike most other parts of the world, the local population, cut off from Russia's western-facing economy, mostly welcomes Chinese investment, which has provided a lifeline following the collapse of the Soviet Union. Chinese firms already lease or control at least 600,000 hectares of land in the Far East, which is equivalent to the size of a small U.S. state like Delaware.

The investments could surge if the political masters in Moscow were more accommodating, Stanway suggested.

http://www.agprofessional.com/news/Far-East-Russia-being-farmed-by-Chinese-237410141.html

supporting article

Although China’s ventures into Russian agriculture have been on a smaller scale, they could end up being just as important — not least because they raise tensions about the role of immigrants similar to those seen in the United States over migrant Mexican farm laborers.

According to the World Food Program, Russia has the world’s largest reserve of arable yet now fallow land, a legacy of the collapse of the Soviet collective farm system and the depopulation of rural Russia over the last two decades. Russia’s population is 141 million, compared with 1.3 billion in China.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/business/global/in-russia-chinese-run-farms-solve-each-sides-needs.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:12:36 PM by AC »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2014, 12:17:03 PM »

It is an unworkable system as implemented, because it fails to consider human drives.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need" Marx 

It seems to work very well, if the costs of the labor and the costs of the goods produced are determined by free market forces, not by a Central government committee.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2014, 12:18:56 PM »

I would not speak to soon, as this could also easily happen in the USA and the rest of the Western world also.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:21:19 PM by AC »

Offline Drew

« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2014, 02:15:28 PM »

Splendid life indeed!  And life will become even better if Russia's aggression further isolates it from international markets.  Look how grand life was during Soviet times..........much of which Putin seemingly wants to recapture, e. g., becoming Grand Poohbah for life, eliminating viable political opponents, controlling media, downing civilian airplanes with impunity, resurrecting a union of CCCP republics, dreaming of reinstituting the Warsaw pact, etc.

Are you running your posts past your wife and step children?

Offline Gator

« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2014, 04:16:29 PM »
Are you running your posts past your wife and step children?

Why would I need to do that? 

We have some discussions, yet we have little middle ground. 

The stepson is a Putin fan, and he abhors Ukraine because, in his words, "they hurt innocent Russian people."   He is 15, gets his news from Russian TV, and chats on the Internet with his friends from Russia.  His teachers ask him questions, yet he knows to tone down his answers. 

Mama is partially sympathetic to Ukraine having distant Cossack roots from there.  She is a pacifist, and avoids the subject and does not pay much attention to it.  She is glad her son is in America.    She gives Putin a positive rating for the net sum of what he has done for Russia over many years.

Offline Gator

« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2014, 04:19:20 PM »
I would not speak to soon, as this could also easily happen in the USA and the rest of the Western world also.
Anything is possible, yet it is highly unlikely in the US, certainly not in the "could easily happen" category.   Deflation, not inflation, is to be feared.

Offline alex330

« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2014, 05:31:50 PM »
What? Who is leaving Russia?

Much of the tech sector to start.

"The conflict with Ukraine, new laws limiting the freedom of Internet users and companies, sanctions imposed on Russia, and official rhetoric focused on disengagement with the West, all have ratcheted up the risk of doing business in the country.

Western venture firms have sharply decreased investment this year, choking off funding for startups. Some Russian technology startups have fled the country altogether."

http://online.wsj.com/articles/russias-tech-startup-scene-retreats-amid-ukraine-conflict-1410213746

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2014, 06:04:59 PM »
I'm glad that you feel that Russia will eventually be able to stand on its own two feet, Doll.  However, it cannot survive as a stand-alone economy in the modern world.  Imports and exports will have to continue - who the suppliers and customers are may be slightly more problematic, because the invasion of Ukraine will turn many more countries against it (even if those other countries moderate sanctions to accommodate appease their own exporters).

Russia is not alone- there are China, South America, Belorussia, Asia.
Come on!

Are you trying to deliberately misunderstand me?  By "stand-alone" I mean that literally - no trade with ANY other country.

Offline sleepycat

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2014, 06:35:16 PM »
I wouldn't call having to rely on China as a net positive...

If you are China, and a desperate Russia tries to cozy up to you. Which option would you take?
(1) Treat them as equals, or
(2) Exploit their weaknesses for your own advantage.

Offline Gator

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2014, 06:52:50 PM »
Keep in mind that China's population has 25 million men (at a military age) in excess of the number of women in the same age bracket.   Many would volunteer to invade Russia for oil and women.   

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2014, 08:54:07 PM »
Keep in mind that China's population has 25 million men (at a military age) in excess of the number of women in the same age bracket.  Many would volunteer to invade Russia for oil and women.

Many American guys in that age bracket would too, if they only got a taste of Russian women.  Unfortunately China has a leg-up in this contest, due to geography.   ;)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:01:39 PM by AC »

Offline sleepycat

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2014, 09:16:14 PM »
It wouldn't be long before the conspiracy theorist members of our forum starting to accuse the CIA of trying to engineer a war between China and Russia...

Offline fathertime

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2014, 09:30:13 PM »
This thread is actually relatively funny.  A bunch of guys dreaming/hoping and coming up with wacky reasons why China will try to invade Russia.  I'd say Australia and New Zealand are more likely and easier targets, although the women probably aren't as tasty.   :D

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

lordtiberius

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2014, 09:36:28 PM »
frenemies

lordtiberius

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2014, 09:38:15 PM »
What? Who is leaving Russia?

Miss America

poka poka!

Offline sleepycat

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2014, 09:56:22 PM »
This thread is actually relatively funny.  A bunch of guys dreaming/hoping and coming up with wacky reasons why China will try to invade Russia.  I'd say Australia and New Zealand are more likely and easier targets, although the women probably aren't as tasty.   :D

Fathertime!

Hmmm let's see...
During the 19th century in the dying days of the Qing dynasty, Russia was one of the western powers that exploited China and put troops on Chinese soil. Heard of the Boxer Rebellion? Now that China is an industrial powerhouse and Russia is the one going backwards, why wouldn't China want to return the favour given the chance?

Heard of the ANZUS Treaty? If Australia or New Zealand gets attacked, the treaty kicks in and America automatically becomes involved.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:09:19 PM by sleepycat »

Offline alex330

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2014, 10:05:53 PM »
This thread is actually relatively funny.  A bunch of guys dreaming/hoping and coming up with wacky reasons why China will try to invade Russia.

Probably not in the near future, but most of the experts (not forum commandos) believe it will happen at some point.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2014, 10:26:38 PM »
Probably not in the near future, but most of the experts (not forum commandos) believe it will happen at some point.

Most experts say that Russia is going to be invaded by China?  I’d like to read about this from the experts you have taunted.  I still think it is one or two guys trying being silly and mentally masturbating.   

Hmmm let's see...
During the 19th century in the dying days of the Qing dynasty, Russia was one of the western powers that exploited China and put troops on Chinese soil. Heard of the Boxer Rebellion? Now that China is an industrial powerhouse and Russia is the one going backwards, why wouldn't China want to return the favour given the chance?

Heard of the ANZUS Treaty? If Australia or New Zealand gets attacked, the treaty kicks in and America automatically becomes involved.

Since we are floating silliness,  I think China would wait until the US is over-extended in 6 other unpopular wars, and the people are angry and divided.  At that point sparsely populated countries like Australia or New Zealand would be easy pickens, and may not seem very important or worth the hassle…of course by this time China will probably own much of the US anyway.

Fathertime!   

I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Doll

« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2014, 12:33:51 AM »
Miss America

poka poka!
It awfully hurt Russian economy )))

Offline Doll

« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2014, 01:17:17 AM »
Are you trying to deliberately misunderstand me?  By "stand-alone" I mean that literally - no trade with ANY other country.
Kiwi, there are NO idiots who would not cooperate with Russia economically.
Russia is huge so it's market is very attractive for ANY country. Plus- Russia has a lot if natural resources to offer.
Many countries gained from these sanctions- besides Russia they are China, all Latin America, many Asian countries.
Thank you, EU and Obama!
I AM being serious

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2226
Total: 2237

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM