It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: ML and Ukrainian Women.  (Read 264246 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2010, 10:58:38 AM »
I posted this in the report by Erudite. I copy it here for a more complete picture of my report.

- - - - - - - -

I can suggest these restaurants which are in the vicinity of Pushkin Metro station in  the city of Kharkiv:

Stargorod in courtyard behind Lermontovaska
Golden Taurus on Pushkin at entrance to Molodezhnyi  Park
Yasnaya Polyana (Clear Glade) on the north edge of Molodezhnyi Park
Adriano on Pushkin
Paris on Petrovskogo
22 on Petrovskogo
Chekov on Petrovskogo

Pushka on Pushkin, but farther to the south/east past the McDonalds

Avoid Giant on Pushkin and New York Burger Bar on Petrovskogo
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 08:45:39 AM »
Just remembered an item which most of you guys would find very useful on your trip to FSU.

The item is a ballpoint pen sized lazer pointer.  These can be purchased at WalMart for just a little over $4.

Say you go into a grocery store where everything is behind the counter.  You see the item you want, but it takes forever in pointing and repointing to get the gal to touch the correct item.  With the lazer pointer, you simply shine the beam on it.

Also works great at the fast food joints where you put the beam up on the menu at the item you want to order.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2010, 08:48:24 AM »
Robert005, I can't quite understand why you posted in my thread.

Your info and advice doesn't seem to jive with anything I posted or asked for info on.

Offline wiz

• Alt Forum
  • Born in Greece living in England
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2010, 10:22:34 AM »
Robert005, I can't quite understand why you posted in my thread.

Your info and advice doesn't seem to jive with anything I posted or asked for info on.

he is a spammer... look the link at the bottom of the post!

Report to the mods.......

Nice reading report  :D

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2010, 08:46:53 AM »
In a few days, I will be returning to Kharkiv to spend a month with the 4 women that I wrote about earlier in this trip report.

I had wanted to go to a resort area like Turkey (I have been there many times) and fly the women down for a week visit (one at a time), but was not able to do the logistics with their work schedules.

I have been to Ukraine before during October and the weather can be iffy.  A few times I have been lucky and encountered a few weeks of 'Indian Summer' or 'Women's Summer' as they call it.  Now there is some prediction of snow for October 1st !!

Offline kievstar

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2010, 09:37:29 AM »
They had ice in Kharkiv last week at least in the outskirts.  MIL was showing me on skype.  No snow.

Egypt is nice so if you narrow 4 to 1 always take last second flight to Egypt. 

Offline Ulysses

• On On
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2010, 11:32:03 AM »
.......Will be looking forward to hearing about your month's stay.......(my first trip to Ukraine was in the fall and I thoroughly enjoyed the temps and time of year).    The initial trip report was very good..........especially your ability in keeping the thread on track......U

Offline cppd508

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2010, 11:39:40 AM »
It was nice to read your trip report.  I am planning on another visit in the Spring, and Kharkiv sounds like an interesting place.  I am going to add to my potential places to visit.  Thanks for all the good information.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 11:00:30 AM »
I arrived here in Kharkiv a couple of days ago.

A bit on the chilly side past 2 days.  High was 5 degrees C.  Haven't converted that yet, but somewhere in 40s I guess.  Now snow as had been predicted.

Tomorrow high predicted to be 50 F and 54 the next couple of days later.

Spent time already with 2 of my 4 continuing gals and will meet other two in coming days.

I had a very close call last night regarding my previous statement of who I would not touch with a 10 foot pole.  Not my fault.  Total happenstance.

Was at McDs on Puskinskya late trying to get free WiFi to work.  While I was waiting for load up, I said hello to the mid 20s something gal who was at the 4 person table.  We started a conversation in English as she was enthralled with someone to talk English with.  She has a smile that can light up a dark room.

When the McDs speed was nothing to work with, she said, you must go with me to another nearby place for coffee and fast internet.  I thought WTF?

We went, she insisted on paying for coffee, and I told her I really didn't need to use INet, I was just curious if McDs would work.  We talked for a couple of hours.  Then she insisted we go to Pushkin Metro area so she could take a pic of me at Yarolslav Monument.  WTF.

Then she insists on walking me back to my apt which is near McDs. She takes my hand to 'make sure I am careful'  as we cross street . . . but she never lets go of my hand for next 15 minutes.  Says I am the most fascinating man she has ever met.  Says she will email me my photo.  Don't know if she will . . . or what will ever happen.  We exchanged email address and mobile phone numbers.  I will not make the first next move.

Offline Jumper

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 11:31:51 AM »
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero   ;)

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2010, 11:42:32 AM »
Don't know if she will . . . or what will ever happen.  We exchanged email address and mobile phone numbers.  I will not make the first next move.

:hairraising:
She may or may not make the first next move, yet nothing will happen between you and her if you are really focused on ladies in their early 40s and you do not touch her at all either with your hands or even with a 12 foot pole as you expressed it below.  :P

I am not looking for a young hottie in her 20s or 30s, and would not touch one with a 10 foot (or 12 foot pole).

However, I feel I must focus on ladies in their early 40s.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 11:45:06 AM by vwrw »
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline vwrw

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2010, 12:16:22 PM »
  At one point, when I stumbled on the uneven sidewalk she grabbed my hand to 'help steady me.'  But she did not release my hand . . . and we continued to walk for an hour or more hand in hand visiting 6-7 small shops.  Even when we approached our apt building again, she kept a firm hold on my hand.  I thought  'what is going on here . . .

She takes my hand to 'make sure I am careful'  as we cross street . . . but she never lets go of my hand for next 15 minutes.  Says I am the most fascinating man she has ever met. 

Hmmmmmm, indeed, what is going on here ???  These women demonstrate an interesting tendency…why did the women feel need to keep your hand? Your sexual appeal might compel them to keep your hand …Alternatively, the maternal instinct might be the reason for their behavior. If you are short, thin, bold, and seemingly helpless, women could associate you with a child in their minds. Since women usually take and keep the child’s hand that they accompany on a street, they might feel compelled to take and keep your hand too.   8)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:11:11 PM by vwrw »

Offline vwrw

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 12:46:14 PM »
She looked and seemed very promising for several weeks of correspondence.  

After several weeks of correspondence, she drops on me the idea that she doesn't want to compete for me, so she will only meet with me if I am not planning to see other women.  I ignore those words of hers and continue to correspond.

After several weeks of communication, the smartest women enjoy competition for a man only when they are certain that their victory is guaranteed. If after a while, their victory is not guaranteed yet, they think following: “this man is an idiot if after SO prolonged communication, he still cannot see that I am the best of the best…why would I need to compete for an idiot.” Then , she dumps him.   

Offline vwrw

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2010, 01:03:34 PM »
 But, in emails before we met, I told in very strong language that I would under no circumstances discuss other women past, present or future, and I would not ask questions about other men past, present or future.

I do not understand how any woman with the faculty to think logically would continue corresponding with you after this declaration of yours.  This statement is atelltale indication of your inability to commit to a woman and that any woman is going to be only a temporary entertainment for you and under no circumstances, she is going to be the only one, regardless of what and who she is.

Offline Vinnvinny

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2010, 02:06:22 PM »
I do not understand how any woman with the faculty to think logically would continue corresponding with you after this declaration of yours.  This statement is atelltale indication of your inability to commit to a woman and that any woman is going to be only a temporary entertainment for you and under no circumstances, she is going to be the only one, regardless of what and who she is.

+1

I have found then when entering into a new relationship then there is a natural and healthy interest to discuss previous partners. It's normal, isn't it?

Offline Chicagoguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2010, 02:58:48 PM »
It's nice to be honest up front but either way - they know.

Whether they accept it or not is a different matter.

Offline DKMM

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2010, 11:09:17 PM »
Here is my impression of Kharkiv airport (from a domestic flight):

Hard landing, broken plane literally in half lying between the runways was in my full view as we bounced down the runway.  Honeycomb of concrete pads and grass growing formed a taxi lane.  Then we stopped, walked a long ways to a tent, and stood around for a few minutes.  Finally a guy driving a tractor pulled an old village type wagon full of our suitcases through our group, stopped, stood up and said "pozhalysta" telling us to grab our own.  By this time I was about 35 hours w/o sleep from flying and have a faint memory of having to climb said wagon to pull my bags off and recall a lady gestering for me to help her with her bag.  I bumbled in some bad Russian saying "sorry I'm a foreigners".  I walked along a dirty trail to the taxi area where guys in leather jackets and pointy shoes kept asking me if I wanted a taxi.  For some reason I never went inside any building...

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2010, 06:17:17 AM »
As a follow up on the Immigration Card info:

I came into Kharkiv airport on Austrian Air.  I went to Steward area of plane and talked to a couple of the gals.  They showed me paper they had gotten from Austrian Air headquarters that old of termination of need to do the Immigration Card.  And so, obviously, they had none to hand out on the plane as they had in the past.

I still had some of the Immigration Cards from past trips, so I filled one out anyway.  It was in my shirt pocket as I went through passport control, but I never offered it to them, and they didn't ask for it.  But still no "Official" word on it that I could find on any Ukrainian Government site.

Some of the passengers had evidently told they had some items, so they were being grilled about them regarding customs duties (I presume).  I said nothing and was asked nothing about items to declare (but on previous trip to Kharkiv they did ask me).  But they still waved me to put luggage through X ray.  I think it must just be to scare people, because I had several gold bracelets in my large suitcase, and was not flagged for them.  Plus tons of electronic gear.  In short, my customs experience in Kharkiv was the same as at all other Ukrainian cities I have landed in.

I hope my experience in leaving Kharkiv goes just as well . . . without the immigration card.

Also, the "New" terminal at Kharkiv is not operating, despite the Grand Opening pictures with President Yanokovich a couple of months ago.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2010, 06:22:47 AM »
Anyone coming here in near future; pack your warm things.  The highs will only be in low to mid 40s as forecast for the next week.  And fairly brisk wind to boot.

Nothing much happening here re cultural things to do.  No ballet until 20 October.  A lot of opera, but I am not much into that.  Kyiv usually has one or two ballets every week,  but not so here in Kharkiv.

Offline Rubicon

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2010, 11:51:36 AM »
I arrived here in Kharkiv a couple of days ago.

A bit on the chilly side past 2 days.  High was 5 degrees C.  Haven't converted that yet, but somewhere in 40s I guess.  Now snow as had been predicted.

Tomorrow high predicted to be 50 F and 54 the next couple of days later.

Spent time already with 2 of my 4 continuing gals and will meet other two in coming days.

I had a very close call last night regarding my previous statement of who I would not touch with a 10 foot pole.  Not my fault.  Total happenstance.

Was at McDs on Puskinskya late trying to get free WiFi to work.  While I was waiting for load up, I said hello to the mid 20s something gal who was at the 4 person table.  We started a conversation in English as she was enthralled with someone to talk English with.  She has a smile that can light up a dark room.

When the McDs speed was nothing to work with, she said, you must go with me to another nearby place for coffee and fast internet.  I thought WTF?

We went, she insisted on paying for coffee, and I told her I really didn't need to use INet, I was just curious if McDs would work.  We talked for a couple of hours.  Then she insisted we go to Pushkin Metro area so she could take a pic of me at Yarolslav Monument.  WTF.

Then she insists on walking me back to my apt which is near McDs. She takes my hand to 'make sure I am careful'  as we cross street . . . but she never lets go of my hand for next 15 minutes.  Says I am the most fascinating man she has ever met.  Says she will email me my photo.  Don't know if she will . . . or what will ever happen.  We exchanged email address and mobile phone numbers.  I will not make the first next move.

I think she already made the first move.  now it is your turn to make a move, if you actually have any interest in her.  or not.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2010, 03:37:41 AM »
Quote from: ManLooking on June 22, 2010, 07:51:14 PM
 But, in emails before we met, I told in very strong language that I would under no circumstances discuss other women past, present or future, and I would not ask questions about other men past, present or future.

- - - -

VWRW:

= = = = = =

Your logic is faulty here.  A refusal to talk about other persons past, current and future (and to ask questions about same) says absolutely zero about ability to commit.

Rather, such refusal and lack of prying questions is merely good manners.

I sent such words to hundreds of women, and not a one refused to continue based on those words.  So I think you must be misreading.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2010, 03:41:04 AM »
I think she already made the first move.  now it is your turn to make a move, if you actually have any interest in her.  or not.

- - - - - - - -

You have missed part of my earlier postings wherein it was told that this woman is too young for me; using my own standards.

So she must make the next move, and she must furnish the 12 foot pole also.
In that situation, it will be completely no fault of my own, because men cannot help it; and I can honestly say that 'The Devil Made Me Do It.'

But I have enough to worry about already, with the romantic desires of continuing women.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 04:06:12 AM by ManLooking »

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2010, 04:00:12 AM »
Price Update:

McDs Double Cheeseburger Meal (Menu they call it here) including large french fries and large soda holding steady at same price as in May; 26 grievna.

Large chocolate muffin increased from 8 to 8.50 grievna.
Ice cream cone increased from 2.50 to 3.00 grievna.

FX rate is 7.95 gr to 1 USD.

And no, I don't take women to McDs, but I do go there by myself when my women are working, because it is a block away.

Talked with two early 20 something gals at McDs again today.  They spoke perfect English and were very interested to talk with me at length.  Then off to their Univ classes; and never even offered to take my hand to guide me back to my apt.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2010, 08:51:02 AM »
7.95 is edging on up there.

Most the spring, summer, early fall, was running 7.85 to 7.93

Now at 7.95 it is getting close to that 8 to 1 figure, which is the formula many American's will use in their head to calculate cost of things.

Like you, and every other foreign man I have heard of, except one, would never take a woman to McDs.  But isn't it amazing at how busy these places are from the time they open until they close. Have you ever been in a McD's that was not busy?  And not with just young people either, I have seen many attractive ladies in McDs.

Right next to my flat on Independence Square is a McD's.   Just caught a quick glimpse of a nice blonde walking a quick pace into McD's.  Saw her again as she was leaving,  in her nice ride no less, a Range Rover.

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2010, 09:26:39 AM »

I just dont understand why more guys will not seek out and put themselves into a situation to meet other women other than just these agency types while there.

It's because we take our personalities with us where ever we go.....sinse they don't do that at home so they don't do that when away.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2003
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1992
Total: 2002

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM