It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Are FSUW more feminine? YES it's not even close (in my opinion)  (Read 17451 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
I copied this from another thread so that it wouldn't get buried.

They are not "more feminine".  They dress differently, because the competition for men is different.  I call it flower/bee.

Every man who has come here moaning about Western "feminists", and their existence is the reason why he is "forced" to look abroad, has ended up divorced. 

I'm not going to moan about Western feminists but I'll have to disagree with you
regarding more feminine. My wife has long hair and there isn't a 40+ woman that
I know of in the USA that doesn't have a typical lesbian hair style. You talked about
flower bee and I totally agree with you there.

I am expected to kill any bug, spider or crawly thing, open doors, carry anything that
isn't weightless (except for her purse).  That does NOT mean that she is powerless or
doesn't have an opinion or is some sort of fictional 1950's Maryanne Cunningham or
June Cleaver.

Hmmmmm.............

I could go on and on but maybe I should start a new thread as this thread is
where things go to die. [edit to add that's why I started this thread]

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 11:45:45 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Are FSUW more feminine? YES it's not even close (in my opinion)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 11:44:29 AM »
What is the definition of feminine?
Note: I checked the Oxford dictionary to make sure that it was the
same as the American dictionary.

fem·i·nine
/ˈfemənən/Submit
adjective
having qualities or an appearance traditionally associated with women, especially delicacy and prettiness.
"a feminine frilled blouse"
synonyms: womanly, womanlike, ladylike, girlish, female; soft, delicate, gentle, tender, graceful, refined, modest; informal girly; archaic feminal
"a very feminine young woman"
FSUW don't do vague

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Are FSUW more feminine? YES it's not even close (in my opinion)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 11:57:50 AM »
This subject much too complicated to achieve anything other than hundreds of diverse opinions.

I agree mostly that FSUW are more feminine than WW; but I also agree with Boe that this is mostly due to supply/demand competition factors . . . .

and, very importantly, those very same FSUW can/might change as their situation changes.

The very best situation for a man is if he is able to be with a woman who is extremely competent at both (1) being feminine when the circumstance calls for it and (2) being something different when another circumstance calls for it.

For instance, my spouse can do the most manly of things outdoors and completely outwork me in garden, yard and even working with timber in preparing firewood . . .

plus, she can quickly transform into an absolute sex kitten or high society matron as needed.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 11:59:40 AM »
I will say that younger Western women tend to act more feminine that
older women do. 16 year old Western girls are every bit as feminine as 
their counterparts in the FSU.

Somewhere along the way as Western women age they get progressively
less and less feminine in how they dress, cut their hair, take care of their
nails etc.  I think Boe's flower bee analogy is an excellent example of that.

I know of maybe 3 Western women who do 20% of the things that Angel
Eyes does. Her beauty routines, her household routines, her attitudes and
her expectations.

Angel Eyes has masks and treatments for her hair, feet, hands, nails, skin,
and a dozen other things that she does that 40+ Western women do twice
or thrice per year.

If the zombie apocalypse were to happen, Angel Eyes will keep my alive through
it. Her gardening and canning, her knitting, crocheting, sewing, needle point and,
other abilities and skills.

FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 12:04:38 PM »
I agree mostly that FSUW are more feminine than WW; but I also agree with Boe that this is mostly due to supply/demand competition factors . . . .

Can she pull out a needle and thread and repair your sports coat when you
accidentally tear a pocket or seam?

FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 12:06:18 PM »
plus, she can quickly transform into an absolute sex kitten or high society matron
as needed.

Yeah the same with Angel Eyes, I'm a lucky (and happy guy).
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 03:34:48 PM »
The reason women over 40 typically have short hair is because long hair ages features.  [Traditionally, FSUW wore, and wear, their long hair pulled back, not loose around their faces.  Long hair is actually easier to style/take care of than is short hair.  Women with small faces also should wear shorter hair.  Their features get lost with long hair.   

Most of the women I see have long, fake, fingernails, usually acrylic.  These are very hard on nail beds, weakening them, and can cause disease such as fungus. 

Most AW do wear make up.  The average woman spends a little over $300 a month on beauty products.

I reject your definition of femininity, though.  Femininity is about inner qualities, such as subtley and empathy, not what a woman looks like.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 11:25:10 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 01:35:59 AM »
The reason women over 40 typiaclly have short hair is because long hair ages features.  Traditionally, FSUW wore, and wear, their long hair pulled back, not loose around their faces.  Long hair is actually easier to style/take care of than is short hair.  Women with small faces also should wear shorter hair.  Their features get lost with long hair.   

Most of the women I see have long, fake, fingernails, usually acrylic.  These are very hard on nail beds, weakening them, and can cause disease such as fungus. 

Most AW do wear make up.  The average woman spends a little over $300 a month on beauty products.

I reject your definition of femininity, though.  Femininity is about inner qualities, such as subtley and empathy, not what a woman looks like.

Absolutely loathe short hair on women, it's fine for old age pensioners as women at that age are passed being attractive anyway. All other women should have long hair. Best is when a woman has long hair all the way down to her bum. Nothing looks better or more impressive than a woman with masses of hair :) Think about a female Peacock with its feathers in full plume, same with a girl.

Men can see enough of a girl's features with long they really don't care about if a girl's face is slightly covered with long hair, trust me they would 'much' prefer the long hair on a girl. Long hair is very attractive to a guy and just screams femininity on a visual rather than verbal front. There really is no valid reason in a man's mind for a woman to go with the lesbian crop, it looks hideous to a guy which is why I assume most lesbians end up going for it as it puts men off. Straight women unfortunately go for it also and it makes them look a right state. Unfortunately theur female friends can often be heard telling them how wonderful it looks while the man is quietly sat their thing 'it looks sh*t'. Really, the very shortest a girl should have her hair to look at all decent and feminine is shoulder length, it not as good as real long hair but it's passable in a man's world.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 05:13:19 AM »
Absolutely loathe short hair on women, it's fine for old age pensioners as women at that age are passed being attractive anyway.

I am certain pensioners the world over, are breathing a sigh of relief at being granted permission by you to wear their hair as they wish, as they are no longer attractive to you.

Men can see enough of a girl's features with long they really don't care about if a girl's face is slightly covered with long hair, trust me they would 'much' prefer the long hair on a girl. Long hair is very attractive to a guy and just screams femininity on a visual rather than verbal front. There really is no valid reason in a man's mind for a woman to go with the lesbian crop, it looks hideous to a guy which is why I assume most lesbians end up going for it as it puts men off. Straight women unfortunately go for it also and it makes them look a right state. Unfortunately theur female friends can often be heard telling them how wonderful it looks while the man is quietly sat their thing 'it looks sh*t'. Really, the very shortest a girl should have her hair to look at all decent and feminine is shoulder length, it not as good as real long hair but it's passable in a man's world.

The problem with this is, women do not exist solely for your visual pleasure.   They have lives, dreams, aspirations, desires, separate and apart from you.

Let's turn this around.

Women can see enough of a man's (note - I didn't use the silly "girl",  You are a man of 40. Are you looking for a teen?) features.  They really don't care about if a man is physically attractive, trust me they would 'much' prefer a multi million dollar portfolio on a man. Loads of money is  very attractive to a woman and that level of self made success just screams masculinity on every front. There really is no valid reason in a woman's mind for a man to be less than a real man and to go with a poverty level portfolio, it looks hideous to a woman.  Most men, unfortunately go for the lower levels of income and assets, making excuses such as they want more free time, they don't want to work and pay taxes, rather than putting their noses to the grindstone and earning a paltry few million. Unfortunately many of their male friends can often be heard telling them how they are making the right decision in not pursing wealth, while the woman quietly sits by thinking what a loser the guy is. Really, the very least amount of liquid assets a man should have to appear decent and masculine is $1.5 millions, it’s not as good as a multi million dollar portfolio but it's passable to a woman.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 11:29:44 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 06:08:53 AM »
More Trench demonstrating why he is NEVER going to fulfil his dream.

:popcorn:

My experience of FSU W in their fifties is that they have long hair and still look good.

My sample is my wife to be, my now ex wife...just learnt I am officially divorced and several other ladies Ifrom my past..

All have long hair...not short..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 06:17:35 AM »
More Trench demonstrating why he is NEVER going to fulfil his dream.

:popcorn:

My experience of FSU W in their fifties is that they have long hair and still look good.

My sample is my wife to be, my now ex wife...just learnt I am officially divorced and several other ladies Ifrom my past..

All have long hair...not short..

We were saying that western women tend to cut their hair short, particularly as they get older, say even twenties onwards. Yes we all know that FSW tend to keep their hair long, that is precisely the point, more visually feminine. There are always those women that don't follow this genaeralisation but we are talking about the majority of women here obviously.

Good, glad you are divorced you are obviously a bugger to be with ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 06:28:07 AM »
For instance, my spouse can do the most manly of things outdoors and completely outwork me in garden, yard and even working with timber in preparing firewood . . .

plus, she can quickly transform into an absolute sex kitten or high society matron as needed.

Smokes! That's an impressive amount of versatility!

"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline GenMish

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 08:00:44 AM »
Interesting topic, and it brings back a memory of one of my first 'serious' discussions with my FSU wife 25 years ago. She lamented the burden on Russian Women at those difficult times. Culturally FSU women had a different reaction to equal rights. To my Lady, it meant she had to excel in all areas she was equal in. She had to be beautiful, classy, a good mother, a good wife etc....This differed from the Beautiful women I dated in the USA in the years before I went to the FSU. Beautiful American Women, at least the ones I dated (2 multi year relationships), were very one dimensional. Since these 2 WW excelled in looks, there was not a cultural drive to excel in any other feminine role unless it was HER CHOICE. For different reasons, neither was marriage material, but both were sexy and feminine but not classy and sophisticated. And I think that's a key difference, class and sophistication of the FSUW

As mentioned here, the FSUW internal drive to excel can even flow over to traditional male roles in the USA. I don't think my Lady let me fix anything in 23 years of marriage. And if there was a major project, she would wait for her father to visit. And these ladies don't do mediocre work, its only top notch. Ya know, I took some slacks to the tailor to repair a pocket a couple weeks back. When I received them, the stitching looked horrible. When I asked about this, the tailor replied'who cares, its on the inside' (and Im thinkin)My Lady would never do this job, if she sewed it, it was better than new

So to Trench, I would say you cant say feminism is the root of all WW woes, there are benefits to the superficial man. If not for it, we all would have married our High School Sweethearts and been culturally mandated to stay with them. My HS Sweetheart gained 50 pounds after having her first child.  (Not with me, she married a friend of mine)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 08:03:35 AM by GenMish »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 10:45:11 AM »
the FSUW internal drive to excel

There is no "universal" FSUW "drive to excel".  Some women have that drive, others do not.  Just like anywhere else in the world.

Offline pitbull

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2019, 11:14:55 AM »

Let's turn this around.

Women can see enough of a man's (note - I didn't use the silly "girl",  You are a man of 40. Are you looking for a teen?) features.  They really don't care about if a man is physically attractive, trust me they would 'much' prefer a multi million dollar portfolio on a man. Loads of money is  very attractive to a woman and that level of self made success just screams masculinity on every front. There really is no valid reason in a woman's mind for a man to be less than a real man and to go with a poverty level portfolio, it looks hideous to a woman.  Most men, unfortunately go for the lower levels of income and assets, making excuses such as they want more free time, they don't want to work and pay taxes, rather than putting their noses to the grindstone and earning a paltry few million. Unfortunately many of their male friends can often be heard telling them how they are making the right decision in not pursing wealth, while the woman quietly sits by thinking what a loser the guy is. Really, the very least amount of liquid assets a man should have to appear decent and masculine if $1.5 millions, it not as good as a multi million dollar portfolio but it's passable to a woman.

This made my day! Boethius, you are amazing!
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 11:31:43 AM »
Long hair is actually easier to style/take care of than is short hair. 
Women with small faces also should wear shorter hair.  Their features
get lost with long hair.   

99% of women look better with long hair.

I reject your definition of femininity, though.  Femininity is about inner qualities, such as
subtley and empathy, not what a woman looks like.

You are mischaracterizing my definition of femininity, but yes we disagree on the
definition. 

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Boethius

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2019, 11:34:35 AM »
99% of women look better with long hair.

That’s an opinion, not a fact. I see loads of women, usually over 50, with long hair that doesn’t suit them. Lifeless, thinning, dragging their features down.

Offline msmob

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2019, 02:36:52 PM »
We were saying that western women tend to cut their hair short, particularly as they get older, say even twenties onwards. Yes we all know that FSW tend to keep their hair long, that is precisely the point, more visually feminine. There are always those women that don't follow this genaeralisation but we are talking about the majority of women here obviously.

'we'  were at odds with Boethius... Your opinions are worthless..based on your failed exploits..

Good, glad you are divorced you are obviously a bugger to be with ;D

I am glad to be divorced..So I can marry SC

My dear Ma has also tried to warn SC that I can be difficult ..and she should know. ))

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2019, 04:50:53 PM »
I am certain pensioners the world over, are breathing a sigh of relief at being granted permission by you to wear their hair as they wish, as they are no longer attractive to you.

The problem with this is, women do not exist solely for your visual pleasure.   They have lives, dreams, aspirations, desires, separate and apart from you.

Let's turn this around.

Women can see enough of a man's (note - I didn't use the silly "girl",  You are a man of 40. Are you looking for a teen?) features.  They really don't care about if a man is physically attractive, trust me they would 'much' prefer a multi million dollar portfolio on a man. Loads of money is  very attractive to a woman and that level of self made success just screams masculinity on every front. There really is no valid reason in a woman's mind for a man to be less than a real man and to go with a poverty level portfolio, it looks hideous to a woman.  Most men, unfortunately go for the lower levels of income and assets, making excuses such as they want more free time, they don't want to work and pay taxes, rather than putting their noses to the grindstone and earning a paltry few million. Unfortunately many of their male friends can often be heard telling them how they are making the right decision in not pursing wealth, while the woman quietly sits by thinking what a loser the guy is. Really, the very least amount of liquid assets a man should have to appear decent and masculine is $1.5 millions, it’s not as good as a multi million dollar portfolio but it's passable to a woman.

I can see that I've upset you Boe but if you were just to try on a mini skirt and grow your hair long you'd be be surprised what it can do for a girl like you ;)

Offline Gator

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2019, 05:53:57 PM »

Agree.  Masculinity is also about inner qualities,  such as adventurous and strength.   Yet, women can excel at the same qualities. 

The last few decades have been interesting for women, compelling a reexamination of past concepts  for women.  I embrace how the lines have blurred. 

Even though stereotypes really don't work any more, I offer a few comments on what I see as differences between AW and RW.

The many RW I have met as dates or as friends in the US all derived much pleasure in dressing up. While many AW also relish dressing up (or otherwise there would be no Neiman Marcus stores), AW tend to be more casual. 

Oddly, the income disparity between AW and RW is such as to suggest the contrary.   I recall almost 20 years ago of meeting RW for dates, and most wore fine, dressy clothes.  They maybe only had one or two outfits, yet the quality was good other than being a little worn.     Does it mean an inner difference?  No the  casual AW can be just as feminine as the dressed up RW. 

If softness and tenderness are feminine qualities, one can be confused by the fact that RW have a strong determination, and they decide quickly.  Maybe this trait derived as a defensive mechanism given the challenges specific to the FSU.   The US is a more protected environment, and hence one can be more relaxed. Yet, turn out the lights  and go to bed with someone who is into you, the differences IMO disappear.   

People look at history and remark how RW dug trenches in WW II.  This was necessary because their homeland had been invaded, yet I assert AW would have done the same.  AW did "man" the factories.  A good AW or RW will roll up her sleeves and work, if necessary.  And the complaints are about the same. 

Mothering is another measure of femininity.  I do give credit to single mothers in the FSU for giving their all to raise a child with no societal help.  Wrong!  RW do have perhaps the best resource any single mom would need  - the secret weapon...... the child's babushka.     

Offline msmob

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2019, 09:12:32 PM »
I can see that I've upset you Boe but if you were just to try on a mini skirt and grow your hair long you'd be be surprised what it can do for a girl like you ;)

You upset ME..with your 'humour'..

I expect what Boethius has done in her 1st, 2nd and third decades of marriage is something the likes of you (and me) who has not managed past a decade...can only dream about.....

'We' would do well to listen......

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 09:42:06 AM »
You upset ME..with your 'humour'..

I expect what Boethius has done in her 1st, 2nd and third decades of marriage is something the likes of you (and me) who has not managed past a decade...can only dream about.....

'We' would do well to listen......

You're still upset about your cat after all this time ::) You could have always got it stuffed :D

Now Boethius does of course have a better track record than either of us but then things are easier for women. Rarely is it a man's choice to finish a relationship but instead it's often a woman's.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 09:54:38 AM »
LOL.  Riiight.  Poor, poor oppressed WM. 

You know nothing of the life of women, including mine, and you know even less about relationships, so best not to opine until you have had both in your life for a decade or more.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 11:16:01 AM by Boethius »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 11:44:41 AM »
 :crackwhip:
LOL.  Riiight.  Poor, poor oppressed WM. 

You know nothing of the life of women, including mine, and you know even less about relationships, so best not to opine until you have had both in your life for a decade or more.

Boethius, I would rather have been born a WW than A WM. As a WW I would have all the power in dating in the west if not merely because I could get pregnant. On top of that the more prettier I am the more options I would have off WM. If such then I would not have to bother much with going after a partner they would come to me, I would be able stand back and pick and choose as a pretty WW and sick it to WM who are not fortunate enough to have been born a WW. Yes I know I would have to put up with small discomforts such as a bit of blood coming out at each monthly period etc but it is a small price to pay to avoid the misery if being a WM in the West and having to above and beyond to even get a date with a woman. Think about it.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2019, 12:06:00 PM »
Sure, that is why women spend on average, an hour getting ready in the morning, spend thousands on grooming products, clothing, etc.  Plus, they have the advantage of a short shelf life.

Were it so easy for women, there wouldn't be millions of them on dating websites across the world.

Your attitudes display your ingrained misogyny yet again.  This is why, ultimately, you will not be successful, unless you change your attitude.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 01:16:37 PM by Boethius »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1906
Total: 1917

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM