It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Pursuing FSUW 101. The procedures and the dating websites.  (Read 194479 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Pursuing FSUW 101. The procedures and the dating websites.
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2018, 08:48:25 PM »
1/ The number is too high and impossible to control / remember all the ladies and what you discussed, previously

2/ FSU ladies will be 'filtering' you as fast ...

No, the number is not too high.  I have done it multiple times.

And, if you read my procedures, there is no need to remember all the ladies and what you discussed previously.  The man has to control the flow of messages and the frequency of contact; and he is using standardized messages.  Messages tailored exactly for one woman comes only near the end, when the list is down to 10-20.

However, I do note that TC has raised a good point; one which did not exist for me X years ago.
As he notes, refusal to give up control could mean losing some women.
That, along with any other 'filtering' the women are doing is fine; it whittles down the target group.

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline DaveNY

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2018, 09:29:56 PM »
I have a question of the strategy that ML states on the op of this thread of contacting 800-1000 women and whittling it down. I know BillyB has suggested similar as well.

1000 is a lot of women to keep track of manually. If you're going to contact that many women it is best to use software to track the women. A simple Excel or Access database would work or perhaps some CRM software.

Set up a program to store contact info, photos and other details. Set up a ranking system and then run some what if analysis to filter out women who don't meet your criteria. Make sure you set up the program so the criteria can be easily altered. After all it's likely you'll change your mind on some of your original assumptions.

In this age of apps I find a lot of women, some even after the first message suggest moving over onto WhatsApp, Viber or Skype. Should I do so and continue my message filter process there or just refuse and continue to message on the dating site?

If I accept it equates to a load more work connecting to them all and then I find some want an instant message situation where I would be stuck messaging back and forth with just that one which could take half an hour or more - also possibly messing up my messaging order also.

On other hand if I knock them back while it's more convenient to handle it all one one site I'm bound to lose a fair few on refusing to move to the App. Some of the girls are very adamant in their wish to move thinges to the app and we know how refusing a FSW goes, lol.

My only other option is to ask them all of my filter questions up front on the first email and hope they reply with all or near enough all questions answered. Then once I sift & sort based on their responses I don't mind moving onto an App with them. I have ten filter questions - did not purposely decide on ten it just reached that number. So I don't know if too many for first message or perhaps preferable for them that it all comes up front for them.

Any thoughts?

If messaging on the dating site is free why not? Haven't heard of too many that are. From what I understand it's cheaper to use a messaging app than a dating site.

If you going to use messaging apps you're going to have to use whatever apps are most common in the women's region. It's far easier for you to get an app that's not common in your country than it is for the women to get one that's not common in her country.

Offline msmob

« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2018, 10:31:42 PM »
ML I have read your thesis on multiple contacts and THIS poster could not manage to find 1000 women worth contacting in the first place))

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2018, 11:54:11 PM »
ML I think I get your drift, in that if a girl is real interested in you, she'll keep on contacting you. The girls that are not so interested will drop out along the way, that includes those that don't take me rejecting using the Apps well. Hence at the end I would be meeting a woman (or if I wish many women) who are very highly interested in me. Hence a greater chance of success as they would be close to infatuated with me to stay through all of that. It gets rid of all the time wasters, scammers and those not so interested. Am I correct?

Dave, well so far I have found Viber mos popular in Ukraine, WhatsApp in Russia and Skype used by women a fair bit in both countries so about a third each way. If they came up with an unusual one I could just suggest one of these three more mainstream ones, but like I say all more work. I think I can deal with it ok so long as it's just two or three dating sites I am dealing with. I think the software may just create more work so probably better not to worry about the ones I lose or possible guff ups.

I've noticed one or two of the women I was messaging online a fair bit so I think a few FSW do something similar to ML's Strategy as otherwise they probably figure from where they love remote & far flung it could take them a long time if they just sat and waited. The numbers still seem a bit daunting though.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2018, 11:57:59 PM »
Have you ever considered that you rejecting the apps tells them you’re not serious?  Of course not, as it’s all about you.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2018, 01:06:35 AM »
Have you ever considered that you rejecting the apps tells them you’re not serious?  Of course not, as it’s all about you.

Well it is all about me yes ;D lol. Yes you may have a point there. It's something I have to consider carefully before embarking on this strategy. If I am pointlessly losing a load of women through rejecting using Apps then I may be hitting a brick wall needlessly. My only thought is to include my connect details for each one in with my original message as standard to avoid all the ordeal over which app and sending my connect details for each individually.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2018, 02:34:55 AM »
ML I think I get your drift, in that if a girl is real interested in you, she'll keep on contacting you. The girls that are not so interested will drop out along the way, that includes those that don't take me rejecting using the Apps well. Hence at the end I would be meeting a woman (or if I wish many women) who are very highly interested in me. Hence a greater chance of success as they would be close to infatuated with me to stay through all of that. It gets rid of all the time wasters, scammers and those not so interested. Am I correct?

Dave, well so far I have found Viber mos popular in Ukraine, WhatsApp in Russia and Skype used by women a fair bit in both countries so about a third each way. If they came up with an unusual one I could just suggest one of these three more mainstream ones, but like I say all more work. I think I can deal with it ok so long as it's just two or three dating sites I am dealing with. I think the software may just create more work so probably better not to worry about the ones I lose or possible guff ups.

I've noticed one or two of the women I was messaging online a fair bit so I think a few FSW do something similar to ML's Strategy as otherwise they probably figure from where they love remote & far flung it could take them a long time if they just sat and waited. The numbers still seem a bit daunting though.
Oh boy. Only in TrenchWorld could you go from messaging to infatuation.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2018, 06:03:22 AM »
Right, just been thinking this process through. I will send out my first email with my top 5 filter questions then cut down the field from those responses. I would then send them out a second email with my remaining 5 filter questions and stating to them that I will send my App - Viber, Whatsapp, and Skype connect details in my next email. So hopefully I won't unecessarily lose too many women this way.

If I am able I will answer any of their specific questions but only if I am practically able to.

After the second filtering out and on the third email I shall give my App connect details and answer any questions as far as practically possible in brief. I won't ask any more questions on this third email.

Once the interested girls connect to me (hopefully the will still be some left by this stage) I will get into more conversational talk on the apps to get to know them better. From here I can try and bring them up on video chat in turn hopefully as it naturally seems to come about. From the video chat I will determine if I wish to meet the girl over a long weekend and if so make arrangements with her.

This is generally the way I may see this strategy working for me. I know from just the couple of girls I have on the go at the moment that unless I grapple with the process of this method quite tightly that it would probably most likely get out of hand pretty quickly.

I think I'll dona trial run of this with just a few girls first to see how it goes and adjust the process if needed so as to get the best results I think.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 06:17:17 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2018, 07:15:18 AM »
Right, just been thinking this process through. I will send out my first email with my top 5 filter questions then cut down the field from those responses. I would then send them out a second email with my remaining 5 filter questions and stating to them that I will send my App - Viber, Whatsapp, and Skype connect details in my next email. So hopefully I won't unecessarily lose too many women this way.

If I am able I will answer any of their specific questions but only if I am practically able to.

After the second filtering out and on the third email I shall give my App connect details and answer any questions as far as practically possible in brief. I won't ask any more questions on this third email.

Once the interested girls connect to me (hopefully the will still be some left by this stage) I will get into more conversational talk on the apps to get to know them better. From here I can try and bring them up on video chat in turn hopefully as it naturally seems to come about. From the video chat I will determine if I wish to meet the girl over a long weekend and if so make arrangements with her.

This is generally the way I may see this strategy working for me. I know from just the couple of girls I have on the go at the moment that unless I grapple with the process of this method quite tightly that it would probably most likely get out of hand pretty quickly.

I think I'll dona trial run of this with just a few girls first to see how it goes and adjust the process if needed so as to get the best results I think.

I never went through 800, maybe 1-200 or so on Fdating or Dmnotify. I'm lazy so I hired an Indian Programmer for $8 to make me a script/macro that would scrape the name from the message header and drop it into a form filled message, "Hey there -------, I'm Ivan! How's it going? :) It just got done raining here in Dallas, how is it there in ------?"

You're asking two questions, one which requires more of a response than "fine, thanks" For $8 it was worth it.

It didn't take more than one or two slightly more personalized questions to figure out if there was anything else worth talking about.

As a 2nd or 3rd question mentioning a hobbie you had that is interesting and asking if they had any exciting exciting hobbies or things they liked/wanted to do like Bungee jumping, SkyDiving or Robbing a bank also worked to pretty well too.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Pursuing FSUW 101. The procedures and the dating websites.
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2018, 09:38:31 AM »

As a 2nd or 3rd question mentioning a hobbie you had that is interesting and asking if they had any exciting exciting hobbies or things they liked/wanted to do like Bungee jumping, SkyDiving or Robbing a bank also worked pretty well too.

Since, I am tall I would always write a letter to the tall girls. 90% the tall girls would
write me back, but one didn't so I sent her a letter saying "We aren't going to get
married and live happily ever after, if you don't write me back!" and that got me
a response.

When going through the profiles picking which photos I liked, and when I sent them
a letter, I would always comment on what caused me to choose them.

Example

I was looking through the profiles and then I saw your amazing sunny smile (or other
winning attribute) and I had to write you immediately before anybody else saw you
and swept you off your feet!

Or something like that.

Every first letter had at least one personalized line about them.

I never went through 800, maybe 1-200 or so on Fdating or Dmnotify.

I wrote thousands but it was over a period of 9 years. I never wrote to more
than a hundred or so at one time. I would have never been able to reply to
all the smitten FSUW.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 09:42:05 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Pursuing FSUW 101. Filter questions
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2018, 09:50:23 AM »
Right, just been thinking this process through. I will send out my first email with my top 5 filter questions then cut down the field from those responses.

Hmmmmm............. filter questions. That could be an interesting and useful topic
for others, but since this is a sticky for newbies and I don't want to add 16 pages
of debate with the peanut gallery, I will ask you about your filter questions here

For those wanting to follow the filter question discussion, please come to this
thread for your comments, insights and theories.
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=post;topic=22008.1700;last_msg=487453

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 09:53:53 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2018, 01:03:53 PM »
Well, I've posted of to 20 women in Ukraine on Fdating as an initial sample test group - aLL aged between 28-34 and quite pretry might I say :D. I've had one reasonably positive response back already so will let you know how it goes with the rest in due course.

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2018, 02:30:44 PM »
Well, I've posted of to 20 women in Ukraine on Fdating as an initial sample test group - aLL aged between 28-34 and quite pretry might I say :D. I've had one reasonably positive response back already so will let you know how it goes with the rest in due course.

There are some 20 women in Ukraine who are an illusion richer.

Way to go Trench! You have managed to almost singlehandedly turned off more women from dating a foreign man in Ukraine than any one else.

PLEASE get a gold fish and try to keep it alive.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline ML

« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2018, 04:19:04 PM »
1000 is a lot of women to keep track of manually. If you're going to contact that many women it is best to use software to track the women. A simple Excel or Access database would work or perhaps some CRM software.

No, it is not.

Read my procedure thoroughly before you jump to conclusions about the procedures.

First of all;  for the 1000 you write, only about half are going to answer.

For those that do answer, you send your second standardized but well written and interesting message to them telling some about yourself and asking quite a few questions of them.

By asking a lot of questions, you cut down on the volume of questions they have time to ask of you.  In that manner, you can keep sending the standardized message until the group is whittled down to 100 or so.  With that group, you can spend some time with more detailed answers to their questions.

This is not Rocket Science or Brain Surgery; but it does take organizational skill.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2018, 06:49:17 AM »
ML

A lot of time has passed since you last did this - there are app based dating sites and many ladies don't WANT to write... they'll want to video chat if they're interested

I certainly got a higher return rate than 50 percent 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2018, 07:15:24 AM »
ML

A lot of time has passed since you last did this - there are app based dating sites and many ladies don't WANT to write... they'll want to video chat if they're interested

Which are?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2018, 07:31:24 AM »
I must admit I am already running into problems with my approach on what ML does here. It seems I am asking way too many questions, 5 per email appears to be too many that the girls see it as an interview. Also I think I would be better off asking my questions within the text rather than as a list as this i s what Ihave been doing.

Even still the old way of asking a lot of questions seems to be a turn off for these women, perhaps as Moby suggests now that video chat has become more popular with them. It would figure hence why so many ask for a Viber, Whatsapp, Skype connection early on. So it is now more the girls than the guys that are after this, lol.

I think certainly the questions I have would need to be split over several more Emails I have than the two I planned for before going to the App connection details. I think in a lot of cases either the girl might become bored or she would be kicking her heels in about moving to an App, they seem to do that big time now is what Ihave noticed.

I think ML's method may struggle nowadays, the App messaging tends to be a lot more conversational and flowing. I think a standardised message would be difficult there as it tends to be shorter quicker messages.

Question now is, is how to tackle all of this situation present day?

I can only think of doing a standardised letter for the first one, perhaps with a maximum of three questions built into the message. The for the second have perhaps a maximum of two questions in a standardised small paragragh and then add on specific stuff to the lady and notification of move to an App. 

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2018, 10:25:45 AM »
I must admit I am already running into problems with my approach on what ML does here. It seems I am asking way too many questions, 5 per email appears to be too many that the girls see it as an interview. Also I think I would be better off asking my questions within the text rather than as a list as this i s what Ihave been doing.

Even still the old way of asking a lot of questions seems to be a turn off for these women, perhaps as Moby suggests now that video chat has become more popular with them. It would figure hence why so many ask for a Viber, Whatsapp, Skype connection early on. So it is now more the girls than the guys that are after this, lol.

I think certainly the questions I have would need to be split over several more Emails I have than the two I planned for before going to the App connection details. I think in a lot of cases either the girl might become bored or she would be kicking her heels in about moving to an App, they seem to do that big time now is what Ihave noticed.

I think ML's method may struggle nowadays, the App messaging tends to be a lot more conversational and flowing. I think a standardised message would be difficult there as it tends to be shorter quicker messages.

Question now is, is how to tackle all of this situation present day?

I can only think of doing a standardised letter for the first one, perhaps with a maximum of three questions built into the message. The for the second have perhaps a maximum of two questions in a standardised small paragragh and then add on specific stuff to the lady and notification of move to an App.

I've had some women on cuteonly or dmnotify drill me with questions and it did feel like an interview. Mostly they were about aspirations, job, and if I wanted kids.

Keep your introductory message to 1 or 2 questions about them that they would want to talk about or reveal. If you can or feel like it personalize it some with what they say in their profile is something they like. Mostly general stuff though.

Offline jone

« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2018, 11:05:56 AM »
One thing I learned while interviewing FSU Women is never to reveal too much about one's self.  There is a direct correlation between a woman asking a bunch of questions and a woman with an attitude. 

I need a woman who can express herself without demanding information.  Very simply put, if a woman cannot be kind when she is interviewing a prospective mate, how do you think it will be living with her?

My goal has always been to develop relationships as naturally as possible given that you are really going around the world for a blind date. 

It is fun to ask general questions of a woman that allow her to engage you without thinking she is getting the third degree.  For instance, a woman from Dnepropetrovsk might get a question like:  You aren't a rocket scientist are you?   I remember asking a woman from Chelyabinsk where she was when the meteor hit close to her city. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2018, 11:11:25 AM »
ML

This is the place to add info, not just mention what is missing.

So . . . tell what are the app based dating sites.

This thread does always need constant updating to keep current; so everyone . . . do it!!!

Offline ML

« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2018, 11:18:15 AM »
I must admit I am already running into problems with my approach on what ML does here. It seems I am asking way too many questions, 5 per email appears to be too many that the girls see it as an interview. Also I think I would be better off asking my questions within the text rather than as a list as this i s what I have been doing.

You are quite right.
I didn't specify it,  but never a good idea to list questions, except in business correspondence.
The questions need to be in text, and not all in a row.
Always tell your answer to the question you are about to ask; then ask her the question.
i.e.  My favorite food is Italian . . . What is yours?
I like the woman on top . . . How about you?  (Just for humor . . . Don't ask this . . . Unless the woman has already initiated serious sex talk)

Offline ML

« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2018, 11:25:15 AM »
One thing I learned while interviewing FSU Women is never to reveal too much about one's self.  There is a direct correlation between a woman asking a bunch of questions and a woman with an attitude. 

Jon, my answer is not totally on spot with respect to the rest of what you wrote.

However, going back to my procedures as I originally laid them out . . .
I do tell a lot about myself in my series of messages.
The main advantage of this, along with my asking them questions, is that it gives them less incentive to ask me questions.
When you start out with 1,000 or so women (or men), you cannot be answering many of their questions.
So give them little opportunity to ask questions.
Only when you are down to 20-30 or so women (or men, as the case may be) can you have time to answer many questions.

Offline jone

« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2018, 11:47:28 AM »
ML,

We are not totally compatible on our views as to how to interview FSU women or the number of women to contact.  I was simply giving my opinion.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2018, 12:35:00 PM »
ML,

We are not totally compatible on our views as to how to interview FSU women or the number of women to contact.  I was simply giving my opinion.

I don't know, I think ML is just saying to use the method he states as an opportunity to 'control' What you tell a women on your terms rather than her ask the questions on her terms and risk her interrogating you should she decide to pry deeper. So sounds a good idea to me. End of the day you are going to need to tell the girl a fair amount of stuff about yourself without leaving yourself exposed in order to build rapport. Otherwise she wouldn't know who the hell you are and if the shoe was on the other foot I would feel quesy about that too.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2018, 12:49:27 PM »
I think though while I cacked up my approach to ML's method on this I am still not sure if it would work today. For the less popular or older women over forty maybe. For those women that are on the dating site frequently I wonder if the online dating scene all moves at a brisker pace these days.

With the hotties I messaged 28-34 I would say that most of them are on the dating site a lot checking in every few minutes I assume from their mobiles. I'm not sure if this is just to keep themselves at the top of the page or if they are communicating with many men. Certainly most seem to take a while to get back to me, say at least a good few hours, minimum. So I wonder if they are messaging with a load of men so a very vibrant scene or just finding some time outside of work to message back and just go on there to check messages and refresh screen to get them to the top of the search.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:51:00 PM by Trenchcoat »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1889
Total: 1900

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM