It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Who's hunting Who?  (Read 24249 times)

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Who's hunting Who?
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2005, 12:23:41 PM »
Ah:D What a nice place Internet is! Where is else I could overhear males talks:D:D:D

So-o-o interesting stories:D

Who's hunting Who?
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2005, 07:49:09 PM »
Yeah, thanks for sharing guys.

I'll try to add the saga of my quest tomorrow if I can find the time. Stay tuned Elena...

Who's hunting Who?
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2005, 06:39:06 PM »
OK, here's my saga for those that don't know me from another board. My interest in women from the FSU (hereafter referred to as RW regardless of place of birth or residence) started shortly after being exposed to the fledgling WWW. It was really something more than an interest in RW, it was an interest in the entire FSU culture.

That is not to say that there wasn't a very strong physical attraction that suits my tastes.

Being a late period baby boomer I had spent many[/b] hours thinking about these people and wondering what makes us so different (like every time I cruised past a Minuteman silo sitting out in the rolling hills of southern Missouri and see a liquid O2 tanker topping off the tanks). So now I have the chance to see behind the Curtain AND fill the void left after the failure of a LT marriage. It sounded like a plan.

Where do I sign up for one of those trips where you can meet "300-500 young, beautiful, and sincere ladies each night" (the readers all gasp…). Well, we all have to start somewhere right? I used one of the "Big 3" for a ten day tour of Moscow. I bought into the hype hook, line and sinker. It was definitely a turning point in my life and an adventure that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Needless to say, it was a disaster (not as bad as it could have been I guess in retrospect). At least I wasn't a one week wonder…

I flew in and got a gypsy taxi for $20 to the Rossiya as I was arriving earlier than the group (who had just spent a week in Kyiv). SON, you're not in Kansas anymore. A wild ride through Moscow with a guy I can barely communicate with. What did I get myself into? Hooked up with the rest of the boys [/i]and settled in. Jet lagged and pumped with adrenalin we jumped right into the socials the next day.

Most of you guys have been there so I won't get too graphic about the socials of the "Big 3". I accessed the situation and by the second night I had a pretty good idea that all was not as advertised.

Plan B: Have a good time anyway![/i]

I did meet some very nice ladies at those socials. I noticed that a lot of ladies stuck their heads into the room, turned on their heels and split. I decided that it was easier to make contact in the foyer of the club than wander around and try to approach tables of 7-10 ladies so I parked myself out there for a lot of the time. Unfortunately I never followed up on any of them. I got too busy dating party girls[/i] and two ladies that I had written before I came. I left Moscow with the intent of coming back in two months to follow up on those two as they both seemed to be sincere.

Nyet! I flew back and called both the night that I arrived (it was no secret that I was coming back to see both of them). #1- Older lady answers, Elena? Not here. Call me @ ####. OK. #2- answering machine. Call back every day for five days and finally catch Elena. I can't meet you until Saturday. OK (that still leaves us five days together). BTW #2 never answered or called back. It was just as well as it was better to lead me on with letters and then "no show" than to pull a scam on me. She probably had found a bigger fish to fry and I just got lucky on the timing.

So I bide my time by walking (in the cold September rain) in a different direction from Red Square each day taking in the sights. I felt safer there on my second trip than I would have in most major cities in the US. I met some pretty cool people and got to immerse myself deeper into the culture while I waited for Saturday to come.

The big day arrives and I'm decked out with a huge bouquet waiting in the lobby of the Rossiya. The Mafioso playing the slots machines are all cracking up watching me and I assume, waiting to see who shows up to meet me. 

15 minutes late - half an hour...(RW are always late and she had to take a train into town) - 45 minutes (a little more concerned) - an hour (NO! I didn't fly half way around the globe to get stood up TWICE). Wrong again…

I did meet another lady that trip and we had a wonderful three days together before I had to go back. Not too many letters but lots of phone time $$$ and back in two months (with paperwork in hand) to go meet Momma. That trip turned real ugly in about five days. (Momma was cool but I got to see the real side of "Tanya" that had not surfaced before.) That's it! I'm done being a Jet Set Romeo. I'll stick to my side of the Atlantic.

Yeah, right...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 05:19:00 AM by Rags »

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Who's hunting Who?
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2005, 12:34:10 AM »
They look for responsibility, protection, security, and family orientation in their selected man because they feel a lack of such qualities in the Russian men.

Ah! I wonder does anybody here realise that due to spending their lifes next to Russian men Russian women have developed SUCH qualities all of you would prefer not see in your wives:P (I'm about that we just used to RULE our males:P:P:P)

Be careful what you are dreaming about:D:D

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Who's hunting Who?
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2005, 04:22:59 AM »
Quote from: Elen

Ah! I wonder does anybody here realise that due to spending their lifes next to Russian men Russian women have developed SUCH qualities all of you would prefer not see in your wives:P (I'm about that we just used to RULE our males:P:P:P)

Be careful what you are dreaming about:D:D

Elen,

I will be the first to agree with you. Actually many of us 'older' guys like the idea of being 'ruled' by a younger RW. It's one of those 'between the line' desires when one mentions 'traditional women" :)

Who's hunting Who?
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2005, 12:08:05 PM »
Never say never!

I took my lumps in Moscow and recognized that most of my failures were as much my fault as anyone else's. What the heck, I had a great time and saw things that I had only dreamed of seeing. Life goes on and out of the blue an American hardbody half my age comes knocking on my door. We had a hot and heavy romance that lasted about six weeks until I awoke one morning asking myself some hard questions as to where all this was leading and was it really what I wanted to do with my life.

I had promised one of the guys that I met on my Moscow tour that we would hook up and go to Kyiv the following summer. Now I am a man of my word but I was not really too keen on repeating my mistakes so I decided that I would go strictly as a tourist.

My buddy had found this little agency down in Texas run by a guy named Jack. This guy Jack did this not as a business so much (he had a real job) but more just to help guys out who were in the MOB search. I checked out his website and although I was finished with my quest he seemed like a straight up dude with some different takes on how to go about finding a Russian bride. None the less, I was finished with all that stuff.

Then my buddy starts sending me e-mails of all the ladies that he is writing. He is a good looking guy (body builder) in his early 30s who placed a couple of personal advertisements through Jack and now has no free time for doing anything but writing letters and e-mails. So what am I going to do in Kyiv this summer while this guy is out wining and dining all these ladies? I had better come up with a plan B pretty quickly.  I decided on the spur of the moment to go on one of Firstdream's trips. I convinced myself that I was only going to look for a friend or two (male or female) so that I would not be stuck in the flat by myself while my buddy was out charming the ladies.

I got to Kyiv a week before the parties were to take place and dated a few ladies from a local agency and some from a hurried advertisement that I had placed shortly before coming. Most of the time though I hung out with Rostick who was Jack's main man in Kyiv and saw the sights. We fast became pals and so the pressure was off to find somebody to hang with when I returned that summer. I was still committed to go to the parties (I had already picked out six ladies from the local agency to invite) but I felt no real need to start any relationships.

The parties were fun and I  met a couple of ladies that I wanted to continue correspondence with but failed to get their contact information so with only a couple of days left I went back to the agency. I'm flipping through the catalogs looking for "Olga's" profile so that I can write her after I got back to the US when in walks the agency owner and says to me "Violetta called and wanted to know why you didn't talk to her at the party?". Now that name rang a bell! Wasn't she the lady that I had invited full well knowing that someone that fine would never have an interest in me but figuring that I had nothing to lose. I was sure that I had not seen her there but at the first party I had spent most of the night at one table with a couple of ladies that I had dated earlier in the week (and they had got me pretty wasted).

I set up a date with her for the next night. She showed up (late) looking so much better than her photos. What in the world could a babe like that see in me? Professional dater? Agency scam? My interpreter ordered for us and got us past the basics but had to leave about a half an hour after V got there. I figured that with her English skills (maybe 1.5 on a five scale) and my Russian (0.8 or less) that this date was going to last another 20 minutes or less. Four and a half hours later I put her in a cab and headed to my flat in a fog. We met again the next night and spent it walking around downtown with Rostick talking and drinking coffee (she didn't want to go eat dinner). We dropped her off at her flat, I kissed her on the forehead, and we went back to my flat to pack for my early morning flight. No promises other than that we would write each other and I would see her when I came back in June...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 12:15:00 PM by Rags »

Offline acrzybear

• Trips: 4 - 10
Who's hunting Who?
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2005, 02:42:51 PM »
Perhaps I'm different from some of the others, I was not nor am I looking for a Russian or Ukrainian wife (nor any wife for that matter) when happened upon this whole marriage oriented business.  I was 34 and living in Northern California and I decided that I wanted to go overseas on my terms (for some reason the Corps wasn't concerned with my wishes to go where I wanted and sent me where they wanted-go figure). I was always curious about the FSU and after looking at some exchange rates and such I decided that I would spend my 35th birthday in Odessa.  I was doing research on the web when I came across Lydmila (which was actually an agency) and we started writing.  Well on the fifth letter I was informed by the agency that for a low price of $65.00 a month I would be able to continue writing to Lydmila.  After a year of writing (sometimes Lydmila wrote and sometimes the agency pretended to be her) I finally arrived in Odessa where I had a great time and met some good people.  

My whole thought process on this matter was to have a vacation and enjoy myself, if I met a lady and we connected that would be great and of not I was still going to enjoy myself.  But under no circumstances was I going to be held hostage by an agency and be prevented from doing ewhat I wanted.  Of course I was getting all of the usual comments about going to get a mail order bride and such, but I just figure most of the people making the comments were immature and unadventurous.  I don't know how many times I was told that I was crazy for going to a place where I did not speak the language, was anti-american etc...

I had a great time in Odessa and I look forward to going back and having a better time since I know some of what to expect.

Does anyone have any recipes for Borscht?  I had it for the first time in Odessa and I loved it. Please PM me with any recipes.
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Who's hunting Who?
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2005, 02:55:29 PM »
Quote from: acrzybear
Does anyone have any recipes for Borscht? I had it for the first time in Odessa and I loved it. Please PM me with any recipes.

A few recipe pages:

Borscht Recipes Galore: http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,russian_borscht,FF.html

No borscht, but many others: http://www.shango.net/cyberbride/sh.htm

Nice forum with many recipes: http://www.ruscuisine.com/cooking-forums/viewtopic.php?topic=563&forum=1

Enjoy!

- Dan

Offline Fiorella

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Who's hunting Who?
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2005, 11:34:09 AM »
Quote from: schlegs
I guess my basic question is:

What is your true and honest motivation for seeking a RW?

I don't have a Russian wife. I have a wife who just happens to be Russian.
[/quote]Bravo! These are words of real gentleman! :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 11:35:00 AM by Fiorella »

Who's hunting Who?
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2005, 03:41:47 PM »
I guess the moral of my story is that sometimes you find what you are looking for when you relax and take things as they come to you. Too many times you get so focused on planning things out that you feel you must make things happen or everything that you have done is for naught. You feel pressured to come back with definite results from your endevors.

As far as being the hunter versus being the hunted I would compare this more to fishing. It's not so much what you are fishing with that counts, it's more about where you fish and how you make your presentation. You get more bites when you put your pole in the holder and just enjoy being on the water.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541271
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2956
Most Online Ever: 12701