It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My new life in the Republic of Georgia  (Read 302421 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
My new life in the Republic of Georgia
« Reply #675 on: October 15, 2018, 11:45:11 AM »
It's more like 'lemon water' as oppose to 'juice', maxx...best if drank first thing in the morning with warm water before anything.

Yes, not juice. Fruit juice is verboten on a Keto diet. Jack Lalanne with his juicer was wrong in encouraging fruit juicing. Vegetable juicing is A-OK. With lemons it is about getting our system to be more alcholine (sp) than acidic.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #676 on: October 15, 2018, 11:46:50 AM »

Yes, not juice. Fruit juice is verboten on a Keto diet. Jack Lalanne with his juicer was wrong in encouraging fruit juicing. Vegetable juicing is A-OK. With lemons it is about getting our system to be more alcholine (sp) than acidic.

Awesome, maxx.

Here's an additional info about it. It appears to be greatly beneficial for us 'aging' folks:

http://www.edisoninst.com/15-benefits-of-drinking-lemon-water-in-morning-empty-stomach/
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #677 on: October 15, 2018, 11:49:15 AM »
Thanks GQ

Late here. About to go off to slumberland. Catch you guys and gals tomorrow.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #678 on: October 15, 2018, 05:32:42 PM »

For the Keto diet it would be olive oil, coconut oil, animal lard and butter. Most everything the doctors taught about avoiding fat is false. At one time not long ago avocados were to be avoided because of their high fat content. Now we know they have the good kind of fat and are very good for us. I try an eat one a day.

I remember buying potato chips fried in lard and it was my favorite. Lard got and bad name and the chips weren't made anymore. Now you're telling me doctors got lard wrong?

B Bacterial/viral diseases that used to cause numerous untimely deaths have dramatically decreased untimely fatalities worldwide, but another factoid is heart disease/stroke is still the leading cause of death globally.

Refrigeration and preservatives has helped us to live longer. Food poisoning was once one of the major reasons humans died early.

It isn't the butter that's produced that is the problem, it is the cows that are hormonally assisted to produce the dairy ingredient that is.

There are more hormones in a potato than a steak from a hormone injected cow. Every living thing we eat has hormones. I don't see warning labels on fruit and vegetables.

If American farmers use hormones to have their cows produce more milk and meat. American farmers may need 10% less cows to feed the same population as European farmers do. Even if you don't like the thought of eating a tiny bit more hormones over the hormones you're already eating, do it for the environment since hormone injected beef allows for the need of less cows. You KNOW cow farts contribute greatly to cow made Global Warming. Do your part to stop cow made Global Warming.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #679 on: October 15, 2018, 09:01:55 PM »
Save your ignorance for the GW thread, BillyB;)

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #680 on: October 16, 2018, 01:34:22 AM »
Awesome, maxx.

Here's an additional info about it. It appears to be greatly beneficial for us 'aging' folks:

http://www.edisoninst.com/15-benefits-of-drinking-lemon-water-in-morning-empty-stomach/

Thank you again GQ

What sold me on doing this was the comments to the article. When people say how much better they felt after doing this a while and how their aches and pains came back after non use that told me a lot.

This morning I took one of those small lemons I have and squeezed it into a glass. It made about 3 tablespoons of juice. I added hot water from the hot water pot, let it cool a bit and then drank it down. I tested my blood sugar readings one hour after as fruit juices would make them rise. I took two readings as they can vary. One reading said there was no rise, the other said 12 points, which is nothing. False highs and false lows so who knows? Anyway I am all into getting healthy.

My morning blood glucose (sugar) reading was 88/90. For the past 4 days it has been at these levels, in the eighties to low nineties. This is normal non-diabetic numbers! 2 months ago when I started the Keto diet my numbers were in the 150s, 160s and 170s! And if I ate ANYTHING they would go up into the 200s and 300s! The only thing to control them would be injecting myself with insulin. The problem with using insulin is the same problem with drinking. You build a tolerance and you have to use more! Eventually your system becomes TOTALLY insulin resistant, your blood sugars rise and next thing organ failure, amputation of limbs, blindness and death!

Over at the other place there was a poster named DB Kneely. This is what happened to him. He lived in Ukraine married to a Ukrainian woman who was an
anesthesiologist. So he must have gotten the best medical care modern medicine could provide. She was a caring wife. He had cancer I understand, that is all part of being a diabetic. They are often linked together. Diabetics are much more prone to cancer than non-diabetics. What he should have done, a year prior to his death, was get onto Keto. Kicked the diabetes and eat the Keto foods that had plenty of antioxidants. He might still be with us, or at least over there.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 01:39:02 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #681 on: October 18, 2018, 03:06:46 PM »
Over at the other place there was a poster named DB Kneely. This is what happened to him. He lived in Ukraine married to a Ukrainian woman who was an
anesthesiologist. So he must have gotten the best medical care modern medicine could provide. She was a caring wife. He had cancer I understand, that is all part of being a diabetic. They are often linked together. Diabetics are much more prone to cancer than non-diabetics. What he should have done, a year prior to his death, was get onto Keto. Kicked the diabetes and eat the Keto foods that had plenty of antioxidants. He might still be with us, or at least over there.

DB Neeley Was his name, from Texas, he posted on this forum as well, a great guy. I believe there is a tribute here as well as elsewhere. Well worth reading his posts.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #682 on: October 18, 2018, 04:30:50 PM »
Since we were recently on the subject of diet, beef and mutant cows, especially for Americans who still love to chomp down their daily poundage of those quick and juicy killer burgers, here's NDRC's latest report card on which franchise you can go to administer your secondary cellular degradation:

http://www.nrdc.org/experts/lena-brook/most-top-burger-chains-flunk-fast-food-antibiotics-scorecard
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #683 on: October 18, 2018, 10:58:07 PM »
I don't read RT very often but here's another article that supports low/no carb diets!

http://www.rt.com/russia/441675-sex-cookies-russia-demographics/

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #684 on: October 18, 2018, 11:43:29 PM »
DB Neeley Was his name, from Texas, he posted on this forum as well, a great guy. I believe there is a tribute here as well as elsewhere. Well worth reading his posts.

I really liked him. Funny thing is, he really disliked me. Until one of my posts. He told me he was surprised on what I wrote. That I sounded like a conservative. I told him being businessman tends to do that to you. After that we exchanged some PMs and figured out why he had this misconception that I was a liberal. He had me confused with Jinx. Jinx was a big time Left-Coast leftist Californian that liked to argue with conservatives like Mr. Neeley.

DB Neeley was formally a newspaper editor. He was brilliant writer! Up there with jb's favorite Victor D. Hanson.  I encouraged him to start a blog as his talent was being wasted posting on threads that would soon be buried under posts by us less talented and thought out posters. His last PM to me was that he wasn't feeling well enough to write. Shortly later I was saddened to hear he had died. I had no idea how bad his health was. 

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #685 on: October 19, 2018, 01:15:31 AM »

GQ, I've been following your suggestion on drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning. 3 days now. Too soon to tell if it is making any difference in my heath. But I think it might be like the prescribed chicken soup to cure one's ills, It might not help but it sure won't hurt. But it might be good so who knows? I love having heathy habits so I am glad to incorporate this into my daily routine. So thank you. 

Offline ML

« Reply #686 on: October 19, 2018, 07:53:35 AM »
DB Neeley was formally a newspaper editor. He was brilliant writer! Up there with jb's favorite Victor D. Hanson.  I encouraged him to start a blog as his talent was being wasted posting on threads that would soon be buried under posts by us less talented and thought out posters. His last PM to me was that he wasn't feeling well enough to write. Shortly later I was saddened to hear he had died. I had no idea how bad his health was.

Not to speak ill of the deceased, but . . .

If this is the same guy I remember, he held some very strong but erroneous ideas about some of the 'find a FSU gal' procedures.

Yes, I know he found his FSU gal, but he was far out of date when it came to newer techniques.

For instance, he never could grasp the difference between the older agency MOB model with catalogs and hand written letters, and the Internet Match Sites.

He thought that with the Internet Match Sites, there was a middle-person involved that the man had to directly interact with.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #687 on: October 19, 2018, 08:34:43 AM »
Not to speak ill of the deceased, but . . .

If this is the same guy I remember, he held some very strong but erroneous ideas about some of the 'find a FSU gal' procedures.

Yes, I know he found his FSU gal, but he was far out of date when it came to newer techniques.

For instance, he never could grasp the difference between the older agency MOB model with catalogs and hand written letters, and the Internet Match Sites.

He thought that with the Internet Match Sites, there was a middle-person involved that the man had to directly interact with.

Yes, he had strong opinions. If you were on his bad side, you definitely knew it. He reminded me of KenC and Doug Salem in that way. There are lots of Alpha males on these message boards.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #688 on: October 19, 2018, 08:42:44 AM »
GQ, I've been following your suggestion on drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning. 3 days now. Too soon to tell if it is making any difference in my heath. But I think it might be like the prescribed chicken soup to cure one's ills, It might not help but it sure won't hurt. But it might be good so who knows? I love having heathy habits so I am glad to incorporate this into my daily routine. So thank you.

I'm proud of you, maxx. That's good. Lemon water helps cleanse your liver/kidney. It isn't meant to be a 'quick fix' of anything, but rather an excellent 'staple' part of a healthy program.

Yes, he had strong opinions. If you were on his bad side, you definitely knew it. He reminded me of KenC and Doug Salem in that way. There are lots of Alpha males on these message boards.

Doug Salem (RIP). Man, what a reminder. First guy I sought for info when I first started. Nice guy, but sure was very opinionated. He said I didn't have a chance in Russia because of my ethnicity. He thought I was Asian. Which was pretty darn funny because his best buddy that was with him is Japanese, married to a Russian woman.

He advocated snail mail as the better way to make contacts. I think that was his (agency) business model/method was.

During the last year of his life, IIRC, he was on a mission on RWG (post-Spencer) and was locking horns with everyone (kinda like what msmob does on the boards).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 08:51:22 AM by GQBlues »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #689 on: October 19, 2018, 09:34:45 AM »
Doug Salem (RIP). Man, what a reminder. First guy I sought for info when I first started. Nice guy, but sure was very opinionated. He said I didn't have a chance in Russia because of my ethnicity. He thought I was Asian. Which was pretty darn funny because his best buddy that was with him is Japanese, married to a Russian woman.

He advocated snail mail as the better way to make contacts. I think that was his (agency) business model/method was.

During the last year of his life, IIRC, he was on a mission on RWG (post-Spencer) and was locking horns with everyone (kinda like what msmob does on the boards).

Doug and I used to talk on the phone. I am sure he thought I was an idiot also but there was one thing he liked about me. He told me that I had the good sense to bail out of my marriage to my Russian wife. He believed most of these marriages were miserable but the guys didn't have the guts to bail. 

I don't remember him saying anything about you. He did have words for Smooth Operator. He said he was Korean and worked at the Pebble Beach Gulf Course as a caddie. He said him being Asian he could never be anything more than a 6 or 7 in the desirability scale to a RW. I spoke S.O. once. I seen his photo. When he was catching hell over there I defended him. There was some controversy about what he looked like. I said I seen his photo and that he looked younger than his age (about 40) and was a nice looking man. KenC said we get a room. I never mentioned his race. I don't think that should be a factor in anything.

Some of Doug's posts made me laugh. He would be writing a post with all is well in the world message. Then suddenly in mid paragraph he'd start telling someone off, getting angrier and angrier. Even though we got along well, there were a few times he got upset with me and hung up the phone on me.

He hated our friend Larry. Him and Olga had set him up with Irina but then they changed their mind that it was a good match. They wanted Larry to dump her. Larry wouldn't. Doug declared war on Larry after that with his "Denial An't Just a River in Egypt" thread. Since Larry didn't fight back, because he didn't know how, that made Doug even more angry. It's been over 10 years since his passing.   

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #690 on: October 19, 2018, 09:51:18 AM »
I remember that 'board fight' between him and Larry. Only like you said, it was one-sided. More of Doug berating Larry. Again, like Moby/Trenchcoat.

S.O. is a good guy. Doug is right about his ethnicity and profession. He had spent 3-4 weekends with us few years back, played golf a couple of times and still have a picture of us together. Smart guy. He actually speaks nearly fluent Russian with almost no hint of accent I would have you know. He's enjoying his single life and goes to Ukraine once or twice every year. Last time I heard from him was when he called me to ask which Sta Monica GC hole did Harrison Ford crashed his plane on... 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 10:20:22 AM by GQBlues »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #691 on: October 19, 2018, 10:44:36 AM »
I liked Smooth Operator but he was rather reviled by many others at the other place. His M.E.E. theory of Maximum Economic Exploitation and his proposed application of it used to irritate people. He was a character for sure.

Offline msmob

« Reply #692 on: October 19, 2018, 11:53:25 AM »
Again, like Moby/Trenchcoat.

I wasn't aware that pointing out serial howlers was 'berating' ... more of a public service ..

Offline ML

« Reply #693 on: October 19, 2018, 01:10:08 PM »

He hated our friend Larry. Him and Olga had set him up with Irina but then they changed their mind that it was a good match. They wanted Larry to dump her. Larry wouldn't. Doug declared war on Larry after that with his "Denial An't Just a River in Egypt" thread. Since Larry didn't fight back, because he didn't know how, that made Doug even more angry. It's been over 10 years since his passing.

Anyone have an update on Olga.  She was pretty good looking, and an actress back in Ukraine as I recall.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #694 on: October 19, 2018, 02:08:51 PM »
Anyone have an update on Olga.  She was pretty good looking, and an actress back in Ukraine as I recall.

Last I heard, and this was right after Doug's passing, that she went back. There was another Olga you might be thinking of. She was an actress, in Russia, and is very good looking. She is Olga H married Robert H and they are living in Florida. She is Facebook friend of mine. 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #695 on: October 19, 2018, 02:20:27 PM »
I met Olga Salem...I didn't know she was an actress...

The "Olga' that was fairly well known was the poster gal for abuse who was victimized by her old, abusive, fat hubby. Even had a beautiful child with him. She actually came to RWG to post one day when topic about her came out. She shared details of her experiences to everyone. I remember Helen didn't believe who she was at first, but when she finally did, gave her the ol' Helen's wrath for being 'stupid' to marry a man like him.

Helen just seemed to be very cynical of most things anyway. B/B used to say she is what she is because she really only wanted Alaska back.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #696 on: October 19, 2018, 04:23:06 PM »
I met Olga Salem...I didn't know she was an actress...

The "Olga' that was fairly well known was the poster gal for abuse who was victimized by her old, abusive, fat hubby. Even had a beautiful child with him. She actually came to RWG to post one day when topic about her came out. She shared details of her experiences to everyone. I remember Helen didn't believe who she was at first, but when she finally did, gave her the ol' Helen's wrath for being 'stupid' to marry a man like him.

Helen just seemed to be very cynical of most things anyway. B/B used to say she is what she is because she really only wanted Alaska back.

She wasn't an actress. Just a really shy introverted Russian woman. The Olga I mentioned, Olga Hamilton, used to post here. She was an actress and is a very talented photographer. Doug's Olga I don't think was an actress. Perhaps we/I are getting our Olgas confused? 

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #697 on: October 19, 2018, 04:30:59 PM »

What amazed me was how this felon child molester ex-con in his mid fifties could get his 18 year old fiancee past the embassy interview and the INS? The guy was a total sociopath.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #698 on: November 02, 2018, 07:40:19 AM »

A car parked on the sidewalk along Gurmashvili Street, a main Tbilisi street

Another car with a flat tire probably parked there for months

I said to my former interrupter, “This must have been here for months. Look at all the dust on it!”

Then he pointed to the compact across the street with the flat tires and said, “That one has been there three years.”

This one looks like it has really been there for years!

Half a block down the street is Batumi's main street.

The owner of this one decided to tarped it up and pay the $3.67 parking ticket later. Or maybe he plans not too?

Somebody asked me how much hassle the government gives during business safety inspections? I thought of these cars. My bet, not much. Georgia is a really, really laid back kind of place.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #699 on: November 02, 2018, 08:02:49 AM »
do people there park their cars overnight on the street?

when I lived in Sevastopol, NO ONE did that
at a very minimum tires and battery would be gone next morning

old Soviet apartments didn't include garages or parking lots for some reason
so everyone who now owns a car
also has to own or rent a garage
garages are controlled by a "garage mafia"

I liked the "Don" of my garage mafia
I know, everyone ALWAYS says their particular Garage Mafia Don is the best, don't they? (sigh)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 08:07:17 AM by krimster2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1949
Total: 1960

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM