It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 455982 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?
« Reply #1050 on: March 22, 2020, 11:43:36 AM »
))

Very good.. now perhaps you can try not to obfuscate / deflect with witty 'ripostes' !

Socialized medicine = rationed medicine

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1051 on: March 22, 2020, 11:45:51 AM »
As always, Mr Mistake arrives on cue to deliver nothing of substance or accuracy ..   

You wouldn't know substance nor accuracy if it bit you on the ass

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1052 on: March 22, 2020, 11:51:40 AM »
Just been announced that a 18 year-old with underlying health conditions has died in England of it.

I also think that it would be useful to know how many of these people contracting Coronavirus were using a regime of anti bacterial hand wash and doing the full 20 second wash as recommended. Such figures could be most enlightening to understanding how viruses spread.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1053 on: March 22, 2020, 11:58:51 AM »
Monday - New York Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) defended his decision for going to the gym with his staff. 

Today (Sunday) - de Blasio is in panic mode.  He demands the military mobilize and intervene in NYC.   He is also criticizing Trump's decisions.

NY is getting a military hospital ship. Officials at the local and State level are looking for someone to blame for their mistakes. Although I educated myself about the virus early, Trump took action in January which confirmed my belief on how dangerous the virus was. Trump's actions were called racist by the officials that now criticize him. They should've seen what was going on back then in China, factor in that China's lies big time, and understood the ban on foreign nationals coming from China was a serious step against a serious problem but they failed to act. Officials at the local and State level have experts at their health departments they could've talked to. They don't have to wait for Trump. They could ban people from coming into their State, County, or City but they didn't and now they point the finger at Trump for not doing more to protect them. As leaders, they need to lead.

My teen son came over today needing some money to buy a car so I gave him some. He arrived in a friend's car with a couple of friends to see me. I never met those friends before but I was happy to see a bumper sticker on the car advertising a Christian radio station. I talked to my son about the virus and the reason kids are out of school and he needs to educated his friends on the importance of social distancing. I asked about his mom, my ex, who is a nurse at a hospital. He says she works in an office because she's head of a department but she comes out sometimes in full protective gear. She works on level 4 in her hospital and they are now accepting coronavirus patients on that level. He said his mom told him the face shield and other protective gear doesn't give 100% protection against the virus. It's safe to assume, anything less than a hazmat suit doesn't offer 100% protection.

Silly BillyB, WHY do you 'advise' folks on stuff on subjects on which it is clear you have not the sl. clue ?

For 5 years you told the forum that you couldn't marry your wife because you intentionally stayed married to your ex so your step some could get educational benefits in the UK. This virus thing can last years so 5 years from now you will be telling the forum you continue to live separate from your wife so you can take care of your mother. That's your future.

Trump's FEMA team claims that there is no need to invoke the Defense Production Act to order businesses to alter their manufacturing for the goal of  producing more medical equipment.  Why?   A preponderance of businesses have already volunteered to help and are taking direction from FEMA.

There are two types of articles coming out from the media. Trump is not doing enough and Trump may invoke the Defense Protection Act in a power grab. Trump can't win. Trump and Pence weeks ago visited 3M and other companies to start ramping up production. Trump even got Hanes, the underwear maker to retool their factories to make masks. The media doesn't want to report the things Trump done in the past and continues to do because it'll look like Trump is taking fast action against the virus. Keep in mind, Trump told the States many weeks ago they have the freedom to take actions without federal government permission.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

« Reply #1054 on: March 22, 2020, 12:02:02 PM »

I watched some CNN today.   The network had some interesting reports from health professionals.  The coverage was laced with many political contributors criticizing Trump, essential claiming Trump is failing as a leader.  Yep, the liberal strategy to frighten everyone in unfolding. 

Does Trump not own the response?

I guess like most relationships it boils down to a trust issue.  With as much erroneous information I have heard from Trump, I don't get any warm and fuzzies as far as trust is concerned.

At least Pence is coherent and seems to have a better grasp on the subject despite giving a great Trimjob.

Offline BC

« Reply #1055 on: March 22, 2020, 12:10:54 PM »

I can't say I agree with over 50 years living with universal care.  The only place I felt hesitant about having a procedure or test done was in the US.  Many Americans seem to have the same problem.  I guess 'self rationed' is better?  It certainly fits the circumstances.

If your comment refers to dealing with coronavirus, I guess that is yet to be seen.  By this coming Wednesday [or sooner] the US will be ranked Nr 2 in the world for infections and by the weekend [or sooner] Nr 1.  I sincerely hope you don't have to eat your words.

[added after seeing latest update]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 12:14:46 PM by BC »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1056 on: March 22, 2020, 12:11:50 PM »
Question to All:  Is anybody reading the exchanges between Moby and Trenchcoat?

I am.  I think Trench's need to "score" on the backs of moby's wife and Alzheimer's inflicted mother are reprehensible.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1057 on: March 22, 2020, 12:15:47 PM »
For those who sing the praises of socialized medicine, just remember:
Don't get old!
We no longer help those over 60
http://www.jpost.com/International/Israeli-doctor-in-Italy-We-no-longer-help-those-over-60-621856

In Italy’s Coronavirus Crisis, the Elderly Are Left to Die.
http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premium-in-u-s-coronavirus-crisis-will-trump-save-the-elderly-or-condemn-them-to-death-1.8687478

A lack of resources could mean that younger, healthier patients are
prioritised, while others are left to die

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-outbreak-older-people-doctors-treatment-ethics

Italy has private healthcare as well as "socialized" medicine.  Were the US facing the same situation as Italy (over 60% of the population is over 40, 23% over 65), you would be facing the exact same thing.  The delays in COVID-19 testing in the US should be a reminder of this.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1058 on: March 22, 2020, 12:16:52 PM »
Just been announced that a 18 year-old with underlying health conditions has died in England of it.

I also think that it would be useful to know how many of these people contracting Coronavirus were using a regime of anti bacterial hand wash and doing the full 20 second wash as recommended. Such figures could be most enlightening to understanding how viruses spread.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:   Experts already know how viruses spread.  That's why they are suggesting social isolation.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1059 on: March 22, 2020, 12:22:30 PM »
Beel - just wondering ... have you ever had to use 'social medicine' in Europe ...?

I've experienced both US style private and Europe style social care ....  there's NO contest ..  Social - every time ..

If I hadn't pointed out how the US and UK were far worse off re ITU beds, your 'riposte' would only have been ignorance .. now it's 'trolling'

Offline msmob

« Reply #1060 on: March 22, 2020, 12:24:46 PM »
You wouldn't know substance nor accuracy if it bit you on the ass

The subject of this thread is plans re the virus ... YOU've only arrived to troll - hence my point ..

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1061 on: March 22, 2020, 12:33:33 PM »
By this coming Wednesday the US will be ranked Nr 2 in the world for infections and by the weekend Nr 1.

Total infections isn't the number Americans need to be worried about since we have a huge population. Percentage of people infected is the number we all need to be worried about. Western Europe has a high percentage of their population infected compared to the rest of the world with the exception of Iran. Our hospitals are not full of patients although the media continues to try to make it sound like it's all Trump's fault. Trump's early actions on foreign nationals is why our hospitals aren't full. Eventually most of America's problems with infections came from those travelling from Western Europe, not China, so Trump took action on Europe which was not approved by European leaders.

America, with a population of 331 million has 30,293 cases. Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain and Switzerland has a total population of 333 million and they have a total of 132,862 cases which is over 4 times more than America has and those European countries combined continue to register more daily cases of new infections than America. Maybe their leaders need to be criticized more than Trump for underestimating the virus? Maybe China needs to be criticized more than Trump for not being transparent about it early on and losing control of it? Maybe WHO needs to be criticized for saying it's safe to travel in and out of China and didn't recommend a travel ban. Why is it popular to beat up on Trump? Massive lives will be lost and economies will crash over the next few years. Trump is not to blame. Trump has been doing a better job than most World leaders pertaining to virus control and keeping our hospitals empty. Who cares if we are currently short on medical supplies if nobody needs them.

http://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1062 on: March 22, 2020, 12:36:42 PM »

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:   Experts already know how viruses spread.  That's why they are suggesting social isolation.

The 'experts' don't know enough, once again they are carried away with their own arrogance. They are essentially using the same system that was used in medieval times against the bubonic plague. The 'experts' thinking hasn't evolved any more from that :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1063 on: March 22, 2020, 12:40:49 PM »
ROFL.  Sure.  Physicians in the 14th century could see microscopic slides of the bubonic plague. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:   Unlike in the Middle Ages, scientists don't believe COVID-19 is caused by movement of the planets, or bad air, or as a punishment from God.

How the virus is transmitted is well known.  How it reacts in most bodies is also well known.  How to kill it once it is within the body, or innoculate a person so the virus won't cause damage, is unknown at this point.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 12:52:59 PM by Boethius »

Offline BC

« Reply #1064 on: March 22, 2020, 12:41:31 PM »
Billy,

The only substantiation for your hypothesis is the low number of tests processed in the US.

argumentum ad ignorantiam

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1065 on: March 22, 2020, 12:51:03 PM »
Billy,

The only substantiation for your hypothesis is the low number of tests processed in the US.

argumentum ad ignorantiam

I told you before and I'll tell you again, what's going on in hospitals matters more than tests. America's hospitals aren't dealing with the same fires Western Europe's hospitals are facing. When tests are finished in America, we are going to learn what we already know and that is Europe will get hit harder than America. You trust your leaders more than Trump but you need to direct more of your anger where it belongs and that is on your leaders, China, and WHO for the mess you're dealing with.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #1066 on: March 22, 2020, 12:51:54 PM »
Beel - just wondering ... have you ever had to use 'social medicine' in Europe ...?

I've experienced both US style private and Europe style social care ....  there's NO contest ..  Social - every time ..

If I hadn't pointed out how the US and UK were far worse off re ITU beds, your 'riposte' would only have been ignorance .. now it's 'trolling'

Then stick to the subject Mr Troll Moobs

Offline msmob

« Reply #1067 on: March 22, 2020, 12:57:53 PM »
Then stick to the subject Mr Troll Moobs

Who of us raised 'socialiSed' medical care, again ?

'Thank you ' - you're as 'attentive' to fact, as ever..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1068 on: March 22, 2020, 01:02:17 PM »
ROFL.  Sure.  Physicians in the 14th century could see microscopic slides of the bubonic plague. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:   Unlike in the Middle Ages, scientists don't believe COVID-19 is caused by movement of the planets, or bad air, or as a punishment from God.

How the virus is transmitted is well known.  How it reacts in most bodies is also well known.  How to kill it once it is within the body, or innoculate a person so the virus won't cause damage, is unknown at this point.

You are wrong. Actually how it is transmitted is not well known about, there is only an idea of how it is transmitted, an in depth conclusion on the subject is still yet unobtained.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1069 on: March 22, 2020, 01:11:29 PM »
I told you before and I'll tell you again, what's going on in hospitals matters more than tests. America's hospitals aren't dealing with the same fires Western Europe's hospitals are facing. When tests are finished in America, we are going to learn what we already know and that is Europe will get hit harder than America. You trust your leaders more than Trump but you need to direct more of your anger where it belongs and that is on your leaders, China, and WHO for the mess you're dealing with.

MY anger is directed at those who don't listen to good advice ..

We're ahead of you in this curve and many of your words are going to look REALLY Silly, Billy, v..soon..

I take NO pleasure in what I'm saying ... many of MY words re this disease are already looking STUPID  on reflection ..

I've just listened to a early forties doctor who's on the front line ... We have NO idea what's coming .. the UK / US are above the curve...   We aren't flattening it and Gator still thinks playing golf is 'OK' ...I'd have agreed with him a day ago ..

The Doctor is just saying - stay indoors, isolate..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0877mb2

Offline msmob

« Reply #1070 on: March 22, 2020, 01:14:49 PM »
You are wrong. Actually how it is transmitted is not well known about, there is only an idea of how it is transmitted, an in depth conclusion on the subject is still yet unobtained.

Trench, WHY are you posting BS ..

The virus' transmission methodology  is well known, now ..

It's not so much about droplets in the atmosphere .. it's what you touch and pass to your mucus glands ... on the face... Eyes, nose, mouth ..

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1071 on: March 22, 2020, 01:19:33 PM »
^Yes.

What isn't known (just theory at this point) is whether COVID-19 can be aerosolized or spread through fecal matter.  Those are debated theories, currently.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1072 on: March 22, 2020, 01:22:36 PM »
MY anger is directed at those who don't listen to good advice ..

Trump is one of the first leaders in the World to ignore the advice of WHO and enact bans on foreign nationals that came from China. He got criticized by the experts and political opposition. Trump's actions made no sense to many experts so they say it must be racism that led Trump to do what he did. America's problems would be less if we didn't have to deal with Western Europe's lack of action to the virus. NY will pay the heaviest price in America.

I'm not fond of the so called experts who failed to warn their leaders back in January that China lost control of a virus so dangerous, it can begin the decline of civilization.

It's not so much about droplets in the atmosphere .. it's what you touch and pass to your mucus glands ... on the face... Eyes, nose, mouth ..

In America we are practicing self isolation and social distancing of a minimum 6 feet so droplets in the air carring viruses have less chance of being breathe by another human being. We are washing hands more too.

Offline BC

« Reply #1073 on: March 22, 2020, 01:35:27 PM »
Billy,

Let us hope you are not underestimating the most important factor in all this - time.

We'll see how things really are in a week or two.

Offline ML

« Reply #1074 on: March 22, 2020, 01:36:01 PM »
Mid morning today, wife went on first grocery shopping expedition since this began.
She really likes Aldi's so went there first, and then finished up at Giant Eagle for things Aldi's didn't have.
She would have gone to WalMart rather than Giant Eagle, but had to stop at GE anyway to pick up a Rx for me.  Amazingly GE has lowest prices for my Prescription Drug plan beating WalMart, CVS and others.

Anyway she reported there were few shoppers at Aldi's and not too many at GE.
I had advised her that Sunday morning might be best time to go to beat the crowds.

She was able to stock up on a lot of items including to make bread, casseroles, etc.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541431
Total Topics: 20863
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1959
Total: 1967

+-Recent Posts

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by ML
Today at 02:16:29 PM

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Today at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:13:26 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:03:37 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by krimster2
Today at 08:03:06 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 05:45:25 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat