It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 455914 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
GQB.....why don't you invite this guy to this forum!!! He's perfect material, he'll fit right in...…..
wants nothing to do with relationships or women and wants to bitch and moan about everything!!!

Dave isn’t qualified. He’s a healthy below 50 dude with no dating problems. Unlike us old farts with, or have, underlying conditions stuck trying to talk about dating and relationships with women from poor countries at least 20 years our junior.

:devil:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 08:18:56 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10

If we are not prepared to fight ignorance and STUPIDITY as actively and as thoughtfully as we fight any other enemy, then it will defeat us
I guess we are lost....
because Russians are gonna "Drug Test" me in August
i have been going drug free since yesterday
it feels weird...
You are getting more coherent already. Scary stuff..... ;D
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10

Dave isn’t qualified. 

Solely on his bitching and moaning he is. No one else here made a video to show it!!

Two kinds of people in this world:

1. the complainers

2. the people that do something about

You know which one the lazy people pick???? ))))
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Shadow

Solely on his bitching and moaning he is. No one else here made a video to show it!!

1. the complainers

Option 2. Complaining costs way too much time and trouble..
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline GenMish

Dave Portnoy 2024!! Even Elon Musk was impressed. Will the real Americans please stand up!!!

The guy is totally right, we have been had. My business might destroyed when all is said and done, as many of my customers  mull bankruptcy. At my age, I don't want to rebuild. Work twice as hard for half the money? F that,  It would take years to get it to 2019 revenue levels, if ever. I am considering throwing in the towel, and moving to Laos. My GF found a beautiful house with pool for sale, only $170k. Its her dream house

Offline msmob

Who doesn't get the guys frustration ?

What he chooses to forget is his wishing to exercise a perceived 'right' to take a risk puts others at risk, if forced to work.

Why DO folks from t'other side of the pond confuse Switzerland and Sweden ?

"Sweden is 450k square kilometres in size, while Switzerland is only 41k. ... Sweden has a long coastline along the Baltic Sea and the Kattegat, while Switzerland is landlocked. Both countries have mountains, but the Swiss Alps are newer and higher than the Scandinavian Mountains in Sweden, and make up more of the country."

Hope that helps Dave and anyone else who was confused ..

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
My business might destroyed when all is said and done, as many of my customers  mull bankruptcy.

Nancy Pelosi is pushing through a 3 trillion dollar coronavirus aid package. If you're into green energy or performing abortions, I'm sure there's money in it for you.

If the government tells businesses to stay shut, some longer than others, they need to wave fees to stay in business and roll back taxes.

I am considering throwing in the towel, and moving to Laos.

Laos reports zero coronavirus deaths although they are next to China. I'm not too sure it's as safe as the government says it is over there.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

Laos reports zero coronavirus deaths although they are next to China. I'm not too sure it's as safe as the government says it is over there.

BillyB,

I think those who have BEEN to  Laos  ( and Thailand / Cambodia ) would know the risks, and get a feel for the real numbers than you ...  You doubted Vietnam's numbers - but I have seen  how these nations jumped on testing and tracking down infections...

In Laos most cases came from.. Bangkok

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_Laos

SC went to Cambodia in v.late Feb 2020 - ( re-set Thai Visa run ) they were paranoid about sanitising of hands and taking temps, too

I err on the side of believing the low / non existent death figures.

Offline BillyB

Trump's evidence against China is strong so China is making at least one confession.

China acknowledged that it instructed unauthorized laboratories to destroy samples of the novel coronavirus — but for "biosafety reasons."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-confirms-us-accusations-that-it-destroyed-early-samples-of-the-novel-coronavirus-but-says-it-was-done-for-biosafety-reasons/ar-BB14aAT8?ocid=spartanntp

I think those who have BEEN to  Laos  ( and Thailand / Cambodia ) would know the risks, and get a feel for the real numbers than you

Canada is a few hours from me. I'll go there and get a FEEL for the real numbers of coronavirus infections and deaths and come back here and report as an expert on all things Canadian.  :cluebat:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 12:23:18 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

Back to the title of this thread, things are going pretty darned good.

-Moved from full lockdown at the beginning of the month restricted to your own town to being able to move freely within the region for necessities, and many more businesses opening back up.

-R0 for almost all regions well below 1 and maintaining continued downward trend despite 2 weeks of slowly opening up.
Abruzzo: 0.45
Basilicata 0.27
Calabria 0.34
Campania 0.58
Emilia-Romagna 0.6
Friuli-Venezia Giulia 0.86
Lazio 0.74
Liguria 0.48
Lombardia 0.62
Marche 0.55
Molise 0.34
Piemonte 0.58
Bolzano 0.56
Trento 0.75
Puglia 0.72
Sardegna 0.24
Sicilia 0.54
Toscana 0.39
Umbria 1.23
Valle d'Aosta 0.38
Veneto 0.41

-New infections continuing to decline, showing a bit of hesitation at the end, with only 875 new cases from 40,000 tests in the last 24 hours.  To put this into perspective, less new cases than Florida had yesterday, with Italy having 3 times the population of FL.

A couple of regions will have to wait until their numbers decline further.

-Next up on Monday 18th, almost all businesses opened back up and I can finally get a haircut by appointment. Visiting friends is ok with masks etc  Might even go to our fav restaurant soon that has outside seating.

-Within the next 10 days or so I will get tested for antibodies, and if positive a covid test to make sure I don't have an active infection.

-In early June Italy will likely allow visitors from other EU countries without quarantine requirements along with being able to travel freely to other regions.  Guess temperatures will be taken etc and EU folks can enjoy summer down here with few restrictions and safety.

Most folks, stores etc do seem to be following guidelines, wearing masks, no one I heard of has died of starvation, no big riots or unrest.  Folks starting to be optimistic after having been stuck at home for a couple of months.  Beaches will be a bit tricky, by appointment only except for exercising and a quick dip. No beach parties.

Things are looking up, hoping numbers stay down and that covid risks remain very low.

Not tickled pink, but pleased with the progress and impressed how the normally unruly Italians really made the effort to contain this beast, and are winning.

More folks back working again after being laid off (firing people due to the crisis was banned with positions guaranteed upon return if the business survives) Work is being spread between workers, one week on one week off.  Hopefully, most will be back working this summer.

Not trying to 'rub your nose in it' but instead showing that beating the virus down can be done, allowing the economy to start coming back without causing unnecessary deaths doing so.

Offline msmob

SC was in Thailand was two months and that whole region had fewer cases and deaths, proportionally ..despite Chinese Tourists for their new year and proximity to China

Offline LAman

The guy is totally right, we have been had. My business might destroyed when all is said and done, as many of my customers  mull bankruptcy. At my age, I don't want to rebuild. Work twice as hard for half the money? F that,  It would take years to get it to 2019 revenue levels, if ever. I am considering throwing in the towel, and moving to Laos. My GF found a beautiful house with pool for sale, only $170k. Its her dream house

Dude, there's people dying. And you're bitching about your monetary losses???

You should be thankful to have your health!!! I bet if you were laid up in bed hooked up to a ventilator gasping for oxygen you wouldn't be worried about your losses!!

Offline msmob

Not trying to 'rub your nose in it' but instead showing that beating the virus down can be done, allowing the economy to start coming back without causing unnecessary deaths doing so.

Good to hear.

My friend in Rome's father died in the UK 3 weeks ago and had to watch her father's funeral service via a web cam, last week (( ..   

She could now have come to the UK, but 'we' might START quarantining folks - other from France and Ireland ?

Ireland says it will quarantine anyone coming from 'off island' - but folks will simply arrive via Belfast ...  :popcorn:

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
Times are really tough for business as these two will attest:

http://video.autizmo.xyz/videos/watch/402f5ef0-0679-4785-a512-2094fa86ea40
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
Don't be too hard on Boe, I think we've all been programmed to believe if something hasn't been gubmint stamped and approved (big pharma lobby) it can't possibly work or be a solution. My wife is herbalist for just about everything

Government has zero to do with my belief.  I am looking for independent blind studies, which typically, are conducted outside government. 

Here's a study on hydroxychloroquine, which found that patients taking it had worse outcomes than those that did not -

http://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.16.20065920v1.full.pdf

Conclusive evidence?  Absolutely not, as the sample is too small.  However, more compelling than anecdotal tales.

My grandmother, God rest her soul, was an herbalist before your wife was born.  She also used wax pouring, which is a medical folk ritual.  My grandmother used to concoct a brew that cured the common cold.  I remember taking it as a child.  It had an awful taste, but I took it willingly, as the day after I drank that bitter brew, my cold had disappeared.  I asked her the name of it - I knew the herb, it used to grow alongside our riverbank, but it doesn't anymore.  I did find it in Chernihiv oblast, growing beside the river, but that's the only place I've seen it since the late 1980's, and in 1990. 

My grandmother used birch bark to make aspirin.  She used fennel seeds for digestive issues, honey for a variety of ailments, and other herbs for cuts, arthritis, etc.  So, my mother grew up with these remedies, as did I.  I know these work, and those herbs often form the basis of drugs for modern medicines.  Allicin from garlic, for example, is the most effective killer of "superbugs" known.

The issue I have is suggesting something is a "cure" when it has not been proven, and that's where we are with hydroxychloroquine.  You might as well harvest the insides of apricots and give that to patients.

Incidentally, there's a report that a US team of researchers (outside government) has discovered something that stops the virus from attaching to cells within the body.  If that's accurate, it's a game changer.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 03:20:58 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

1. the complainers

You mean someone doing exactly what you’re doing?

Seriously though, you wanna start discussion between us horny old farts about dating nubiles and sexing them up, well you know, no one is stopping you from starting a thread or two. This way you can extricate yourself from 1 and graduate to 2.

How’s that for ingenuity?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online Faux Pas

Government has zero to do with my belief.  I am looking for independent blind studies, which typically, are conducted outside government.

Here's a study on hydroxychloroquine, which found that patients taking it had worse outcomes than those that did not -

Then that study isn't it. That was a study conducted by the VA on already hospitalized veteran men with a median age of 66.5. Those taking either of the combinations did not have a worse outcome than those that took none. Did you read it?

Conclusive evidence?  Absolutely not, as the sample is too small.  However, more compelling than anecdotal tales.

My grandmother, God rest her soul, was an herbalist before your wife was born.  She also used wax pouring, which is a medical folk ritual.  My grandmother used to concoct a brew that cured the common cold.  I remember taking it as a child.  It had an awful taste, but I took it willingly, as the day after I drank that bitter brew, my cold had disappeared.  I asked her the name of it - I knew the herb, it used to grow alongside our riverbank, but it doesn't anymore.  I did find it in Chernihiv oblast, growing beside the river, but that's the only place I've seen it since the late 1980's, and in 1990. 

My grandmother used birch bark to make aspirin.  She used fennel seeds for digestive issues, honey for a variety of ailments, and other herbs for cuts, arthritis, etc.  So, my mother grew up with these remedies, as did I.  I know these work, and those herbs often form the basis of drugs for modern medicines.  Allicin from garlic, for example, is the most effective killer of "superbugs" known.

Irrelevant

The issue I have is suggesting something is a "cure" when it has not been proven, and that's where we are with hydroxychloroquine.  You might as well harvest the insides of apricots and give that to patients.

I didn't call it a cure. I said it was a treatment that doctors are using and claiming excellent results yet they get censored

Offline GenMish

Dude, there's people dying. And you're bitching about your monetary losses???

You should be thankful to have your health!!! I bet if you were laid up in bed hooked up to a ventilator gasping for oxygen you wouldn't be worried about your losses!!
';'

Well 'Dude'
Destroying the worlds economy because some people that already had one foot in the grave will die from the virus doesnt make sense to me. OK..So I don't get my 3 million dollar retirement home in Kapalua with my Russian wife, big deal

I have my very young Laos gf that is fantastically beautiful, and now I can retire early to spend more time with her. Maybe a gain for me

Maybe my divorce was a big plus. Who needs a 3 million dollar house with a Russian woman that hit the wall?

I just feel sorry for Generation Z

Offline Boethius

Then that study isn't it. That was a study conducted by the VA on already hospitalized veteran men with a median age of 66.5. Those taking either of the combinations did not have a worse outcome than those that took none. Did you read it?

Yes, I did.  The rate of death in HC taking patients was more than double that of patients with no treatment.

Irrelevant

I responded to what you posted.  If it's irrelevant, then your post was.

I didn't call it a cure. I said it was a treatment that doctors are using and claiming excellent results yet they get censored

Were they actually censored, you wouldn't know that physicians are using HC and claiming excellent results.  As I noted previously, there are also physicians claiming megadoses of Vitamin C make a huge difference.  There are some claiming Vitamin D dosages make a difference.  There are others claiming giving metformin to patients has given excellent results.  But none of those have been yet clinically proven to make a difference.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

Destroying the worlds economy because some people that already had one foot in the grave will die from the virus doesnt make sense to me.

There are deaths of the young and healthy as well as those with "one foot in the grave".  The reason there are fewer cases of young healthy victims is precisely because of isolation.

Offline Boethius

As a non-American, it is no longer your business.

Is he a non American if he just lives abroad?  IIRC, Americans living abroad are still entitled to vote in American elections.  They also still pay US taxes.

Offline calmissile

There are deaths of the young and healthy as well as those with "one foot in the grave".  The reason there are fewer cases of young healthy victims is precisely because of isolation.

Doctor Boe, please provide your evidence that it is because of isolation.

As I recall, prior to the lockdown of the schools, the young were intermingled with the rest of the age groups that were spreading the virus.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline LAman

You mean someone doing exactly what you’re doing?

You mean coming to RWD and telling everyone what is wrong with world, what this virus is doing to my life and arguing with irrelevant people on an irrelevant forum??? Is that what you think I am doing?

I am hoping good health to all, trying to understand facts( which there are few here)of virus and watching 'grown' men arguing over who is 'right' and who is 'wrong' !!!!

Since you 'asked', I have been helping with my local hospital, the sheriff dept. and some local officials.

So which one are you, GQB?

Offline LAman

';'

Well 'Dude'
Destroying the worlds economy because some people that already had one foot in the grave will die from the virus doesnt make sense to me. OK..So I don't get my 3 million dollar retirement home in Kapalua with my Russian wife, big deal

I have my very young Laos gf that is fantastically beautiful, and now I can retire early to spend more time with her. Maybe a gain for me

Maybe my divorce was a big plus. Who needs a 3 million dollar house with a Russian woman that hit the wall?

I just feel sorry for Generation Z

GenMish, I hope you and your girlfriend a happy and HEALTHY life!!! ))

Offline LAman

Seriously though, you wanna start discussion between us horny old farts about dating nubiles and sexing them up, well you know, no one is stopping you from starting a thread or two. This way you can extricate yourself from 1 and graduate to 2.

How’s that for ingenuity?

Smart man GQB!!!

And like most relationships threads here, they'll get a few looks , maybe a post and fade.

If I start one about politics or now the virus, I'll get 50 pages and 1000 post in a few weeks!!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541429
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2422