It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Opinion Regarding Tiger Woods  (Read 82238 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Opinion Regarding Tiger Woods
« on: December 04, 2009, 09:46:43 AM »
The golfer Tiger Woods is arguably the world's most famous athlete (and very wealthy).  He was involved in a suspicious car accident last week and received some bruises and cuts to his head, enough to keep him from playing golf in a tournament important to him. 

The general opinion is that his wife Elin hit him with a golf club upon learning of his ongoing affairs with more than one woman.  Tiger said she did not.  If he had said she hit him, she would have been arrested and jailed for domestic violence.

A summary can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Woods#Car_accident_and_alleged_affairs

What is the RW opinion regarding:

1.  Tiger's extramarital affairs while having a beautiful wife at home with two children:  a baby and a toddler.

2.  If you were married to Tiger, what would have been your reaction  upon learning of the affairs?

3.  What would you do now, after the accident?  (If you divorced him now you would have received significant money but very small to what you receive if you stay married to him.  Supposedly Elin is now renegotiang her prenup.)

Offline Gator

Re: Opinion Regarding Tiger Woods
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 09:59:26 AM »
What I found amazing when first dating RW is that a few (not many) volunteered that it was acceptable for a husband to cheat as long as he continued to provide for his family.  Such sentiment stunned me.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 10:19:40 AM »
(If you divorced him now you would have received significant money but very small to what you receive if you stay married to him.  Supposedly Elin is now renegotiang her prenup.)

Just for the ladies information, Tiger may not be offering an insane amount of money to prove his love for his wife. Many of his product endorsement contracts have morals clauses and he stands to lose more money if his image is tarnished. So the question Gator asked of you can have different answers depending on if you think the money is offered to prove his true love or if it's to protect his image for selfish reasons.

I have a question. If your husband(Tiger) cheated on you and you accepted the money and/or forgave him, how could you live with a man who already decided he needed to get his sexual desires/fantasies fulfilled elsewhere? Tiger's situation isn't one where he made one mistake because he was drunk for one night and forgiving him would be easier. He had an ongoing lengthy affair and possibly from multiple women. How could you stay in a marriage if you felt your man is not physically attracted to you? Sex will never be the same. Does the money help ease the pain? Brave Girl!! Where you at?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 10:32:37 AM »
Pre and postpartum depression.  Mix in a good bit of 'I' and the formula is complete.

They'll probably work things out if the press leaves them alone.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 11:07:45 AM »
What I found amazing when first dating RW is that a few (not many) volunteered that it was acceptable for a husband to cheat as long as he continued to provide for his family.  Such sentiment stunned me.

I wouldn't know what the average RW would think but Masha Lopatova, wife of the Utah Jazz basketball player Andrei Kirilenko, publically stated that it is OK with her if her husband had sex with another woman every year. Apparently, with this setup, she doesn't think it's cheating since she is aware of it - so it makes it OK.

As for TW:

1. MSN would have it that TW have more affair than Titleist have balls.

2. Their neighbor's 911 taped stated that, Tiger was actually 'asleep' inside the SUV, not necessarily unconscious. When asked to define what being asleep meant, he said Tiger was actually snoring! (LOL)

3. Two slogans are going to get blown to bits after this...Nike's 'Just Do It! and Vegas' What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas!'.

4. When Kobe Bryant got tagged with his affair, he simply bought his wife a 5 million dollar 'rare' pink diamond ring.

5. Tiger, for his stature, sure have bad taste in women - except Elin of course. So far, the other women are nothing more than skanks. You would think he'd know better than to hang out at Planet Hollywood to fish.

Question for you Gator:

The FHP oversaw the accident investigation in this event...maybe you can shed some light on this thing because I was surprised about this when I first heard the news.

TW's mansion is located inside an enclosed private community. The accident happend just outside his property's gate. Why is the Florida Highway Patrol involved in the investigation?

In California, the California Highway Patrol's jurisdiction is isolated in the state's highway and freeway systems. Any event requiring police investigation is determined by the local enforcement force e.g. if inside city limits - city police department; if county - sheriff's department; and highways - CHPs. I thought this was true on all 50 states thus I'm surprised the FHP was involved. Can you shed a light on this?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline pitbull

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 11:25:52 AM »

1.  Tiger's extramarital affairs while having a beautiful wife at home with two children:  a baby and a toddler.

2.  If you were married to Tiger, what would have been your reaction  upon learning of the affairs?

3.  What would you do now, after the accident?  (If you divorced him now you would have received significant money but very small to what you receive if you stay married to him.  Supposedly Elin is now renegotiang her prenup.)

1. Very-very bad boy.

2. A big-big scandal, filing for divorce. Would not think twice about his "reputation"  ;)

3. Would hire the best laywers and get as much money out of this divorce as possible. Actually, this may be what she is doing now: renegotiate the prenup for a much higher amount and then divorce at the first opportunity. Whatever it takes.
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline BC

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 11:41:44 AM »
1. Very-very bad boy.

2. A big-big scandal, filing for divorce. Would not think twice about his "reputation"  ;)

3. Would hire the best laywers and get as much money out of this divorce as possible. Actually, this may be what she is doing now: renegotiate the prenup for a much higher amount and then divorce at the first opportunity. Whatever it takes.

..for better or worse, sickness and health.. until.. the lawyers knock on your door.

It's only sex.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 11:46:24 AM »
From what I read the new terms of the prenup will give her 5 million right now if she stays married to him and the amount she will get if the marriage lasts goes from 60 million if the marriage lasts 10 years to 75 million with a shorter time frame.   They have begun marriage councelling.

Is it only me who sort of sees a paralell with prostitution here.  She is being paid 5 million for staying his wife and 75 million if she stays married a little longer.  My ideas of love and marriage are not compatable with paying someone to stay married to me.

Offline BC

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 11:54:33 AM »
Turbo,

Marriage is a contract, agreement, deal, whatever you want to call it.

Yours too.

A wise man once told me 'In the end, we're all prostitutes to someone, somewhere.. sex, work, whatever.. it's all the same..  Success in business is being able to treat everyone else like a prostitute.'

No, Woodie and his wife are simply a couple in trouble with the deal they made, but now have to come back down to earth and start talking family values.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 11:57:20 AM »

GQ, State Highway patrol usually have jurisdiction over all state roads because state money usually goes for paying for it. In my State the highway patrol does have the right to issue out tickets in city and county limits. Normally they don't tread over onto city or county cops turf since those other cops are there anyway for public safety and making money on traffic violations. Highway cops make enough money on the highways they patrol so it's best they don't get rude. Why the FHP was at Tiger's house instead of county or city cops is beyond me.

Anybody wanna get Tiger in more trouble? Gator, go hire one of those stripper-o-grams in a police uniform and send her over to Tiger's house. I wonder which iron Elin will choose for this event? My sister did that to my step father for a joke. The cop knocked on the door, asked some questions and wanted to arrest him. After he refused, she took off her clothes up to her underwear and bra to persuade him.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline KenC

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 12:09:51 PM »
"It's only sex"
BC's statement says it all. Love and fidelity do not always go hand in hand.  I have always been of the opinion that there are two types of men in the world; Those that are faithful and those that are not.  Cheaters will always cheat until maybe when they get caught.

Gators OP brings to mind Lena's words to me when we were parting after my second meeting with her.  We were in love and had been intimate when she told me that she did not expect me to be celibate when I returned to the States. She said she knew men "needed" to have sex whereas women could do without.  (Not that I agree with either principal or that she didn't have a change of mind on the second part later in life.)  But she was making the distinction between sex and love.

Not to justify what he did, but a man's opportunities for sexual favors are relative to his wealth or power.  Tiger is one of the wealthiest athletes in the world and "owns" the sport of golf.  Slick Willy was one of the most powerful men in the world when he had his fling.

I agree that none of the women hold a candle to Tiger's wife in the beauty department, but the gal from Vegas (the first one) is rather sexy.  But it is the allure of being a bad boy that is the real bait in cheating.  Or maybe Elin is a prude in bed?
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 12:15:06 PM »
My wife and I have had this converstation a few times when we were bored, and her take is that if I cheat on her because I have strong feelings for another woman, she'll be devastated and our marriage would be kaput. However, if I did it spontaneously and simply for enjoyment, she'd be angry and hurt but we could probably overcome it.

I'm amused at the many cliches guys spout after spending a few weeks in Russia or Ukraine, but one thing I've concluded is that in general many FSU people think of love and sex as very distinct elements.

Offline pitbull

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 12:22:25 PM »
..for better or worse, sickness and health.. until.. the lawyers knock on your door.

It's only sex.

Not to me. It's betrayal of trust and automatically frees me of all the mariiage vows.

How's that for a typical Russian Woman?  ;D
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 12:35:07 PM »
I can recall reading one time long ago that would go along with what Groov said.  It was that women worry more about the emotional side of cheating.   That for instance if a woman found her husband had used a hooker or even a few hookers she could forgive him easier than she could if he had a an affair where he felt he was in love with the woman even if there was no sex.

Men on the other hand get more concerned with the physical aspect of it.  I think the thought of another man's tool in his toolbox would bother him more than if she had a romance that was hot with lots of feelings but no sex.

I guess love and sex are two different things but it is always better when they are the same thing.   

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 12:35:48 PM »
Not to me. It's betrayal of trust and automatically frees me of all the mariiage vows.

How's that for a typical Russian Woman?  ;D

I like your way of thinking. It's sexy

I've already taken some heat and I'm sure a few posters think I'm a bad guy for dating a few ladies at the same time but when I had a relationship with my ex fiancee, although she lived on the other side of the World, I never cheated on her. How could I? I was on this forum every night.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 12:45:10 PM »

Why the FHP was at Tiger's house instead of county or city cops is beyond me.

Yes Billy, I found it odd too that the FHP was the investigating force. I thought maybe it was because their estate community was facing a state road but the reports said it happened inside the private community.

As for TW's negotiating team's offering..I hope Elin don't bite. Tiger, outside of his multi-million dollars sponsor earnings, made 9.8+ million on PGA prize money last year alone. That doesn't include the 10 million for winning the Fed-Ex cup, the 3 million dollar JBWere appearance fee, and all the rest of the tournament appearance fees he gets paid for. All told 50 million for golf tournament related purse.

Reports speculate his camp is paying Rachel a cool million to shut her mouth. Too funny! That doesn't even pay for Gloria Allred's annual Botox lifts...10 million is likely the range so offering Elin 5 million to stay in their marriage is asinine even with the 75 million caveat.

She needs a McCartney-esque type of settlement.

David Beckham better pay attention to this silliness, too. As TW didn't learn anything from Letterman, Jeter, Bryant, et al...

This is worst than hitting a snowman on the 18th at Augusta on a Sunday afternoon. What a duffer! Everytime my wife and I had gone on these tournaments, it is mind-numbing how many gorgeous women are on the course. I remember an interview with Fred Couples (my favorite player) and Payne Stewart about the birdies outside the courses in every tournament.

Life on the fast lanes do have an odd way of taking you to the other side fairly quickly.

More on Tiger - In a word: TRANSGRESSIONS (lol)

Can be found here: transgressions

Ratings of Tiger's 'transgressions', Top Late Night hosts shot at Tiger (Conan's and Kimmel's the best), Top 10 best jokes so far...

9. After a wayward drive, Tiger Woods found water before nestling behind a tree
10: Apparently, the only person who can beat Tiger Woods with a golf club is his wife
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:33:21 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Nat

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 02:51:00 PM »
It's so fun when people start discussing celebrities' personal lives ;) You weren't there - how can you know that all this is true? :) May be it's our hot political season which made me absolutely suspicious about every bit of information from newspapers etc :) But if to imagine this virtual situation with poor Tiger:

1.  Tiger's extramarital affairs while having a beautiful wife at home with two children:  a baby and a toddler.

Who knows what kind of relationship they've really had? ;)

2.  If you were married to Tiger, what would have been your reaction  upon learning of the affairs?

I would divorce him immediately.

3.  What would you do now, after the accident?  (If you divorced him now you would have received significant money but very small to what you receive if you stay married to him.  Supposedly Elin is now renegotiang her prenup.)

Divorcing, I'd make sure that he'll be providing our children, so that they could have the best clothes, the best food and toys, etc., and the best education when they grow up. The rest depends on how good it was to be his wife :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 02:54:04 PM by Nat »

Offline Nat

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 03:05:53 PM »
Gators OP brings to mind Lena's words to me when we were parting after my second meeting with her.  We were in love and had been intimate when she told me that she did not expect me to be celibate when I returned to the States. She said she knew men "needed" to have sex whereas women could do without.  

My wife and I have had this converstation a few times when we were bored, and her take is that if I cheat on her because I have strong feelings for another woman, she'll be devastated and our marriage would be kaput. However, if I did it spontaneously and simply for enjoyment, she'd be angry and hurt but we could probably overcome it.

Wow, guys, may be you were really lucky to find such wives. I would never say that. "Men can't live without sex and women can"? Every common person wants sex and at the same time can live without sex with other people, if he/she has real feelings and if his/her beloved partner is unavailable for this particular moment. We're not animals - we have not just biological needs but also feelings. Of course people do mistakes sometimes, and everything depends on the situation and so on. But if to "allow", so to say, your partner to have sex with anybody just because you're far away, why get married at all?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 03:07:46 PM by Nat »

Offline mies

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 03:07:14 PM »

1. degrading, dishonest.
2. in case with no kids - offer threesome if his lovers are attractive. In case with kids - divorce and take what is lawfully appropriate (e.g. - as much as possible).  
3. i do not know.

Generally - I think it's none of our business what's going on in private life of athletes. Let them live.

P.S. sometimes i am joking with a serious face - don't be misguided.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 03:22:42 PM »
It's so fun when people start discussing celebrities' personal lives ;) You weren't there - how can you know that all this is true? :) May be it's our hot political season which made me absolutely suspicious about every bit of information from newspapers etc :) But if to imagine this virtual situation with poor Tiger:

I doubt this to be a virtual situation with Tiger. Too many news agencies/magazines can get sued and as anxious as Tiger is to clean up his name, he would do it if it were all untrue. As of now, the news agencies are not afraid of getting sued. Just as Monica kept the semen stained dress courtesy of Bill Clinton, one of Tiger's mistresses has kept some of the text messages Tiger sent her. Tiger can talk nasty. ;) Tiger's mistresses can make tons of money if they talk or provide more evidence and that's why Tiger may offer a bribe to shut them up.

Celebrities can't pick an choose when they want to be in the spotlight. Good or bad they are in it. If they don't like the attention, they should stop being a celebrity.

My prediction is Elin will accept the cash to continue being his wife for a few more years. Tiger will continue to have endorsement deals that pay him the big bucks. Your kids will continue to buy Nike and other companies products because they want to be just like Tiger Woods.

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 03:39:24 PM »
Generally - I think it's none of our business what's going on in private life of athletes. Let them live.

I agree, the real problem is that people (and not just Americans, this is pretty universal) tend to see great athletes and celebrities and assume, time and again, that they are as good at life as they are at hitting a little ball or posing for cameras. When they provide proof that they are not (and they always do), there's a frenzy to knock them down to size.

Due to my work I meet a lot of celebrities and most are completely out of touch with reality and emotionally stunted. Why people like to build them up as role models and then quickly beat them into the ground is something I'll never understand.

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 03:45:23 PM »
Tiger, outside of his multi-million dollars sponsor earnings, made 9.8+ million on PGA prize money last year alone. That doesn't include the 10 million for winning the Fed-Ex cup, the 3 million dollar JBWere appearance fee, and all the rest of the tournament appearance fees he gets paid for. All told 50 million for golf tournament related purse.

Funny enough, the only interesting part of this entire affair to me is that evidently Tiger was complaining to one of his mistresses that despite his wealth he still does not feel financially secure.  :P

Offline BillyB

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 04:51:42 PM »
Why people like to build them up as role models

Money. Companies offer athletes or celebrities to endorse their products but must maintain a clean image. Athlete/celebrity signs contract for 10 million knowing full well they can't stop commiting adultry, stop doing the drugs or driving under the influence of alcohol. They also know a camera is always on them so when they make a mistake, they get beat down. Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid. Even with the problems Tiger's going through, most guys could only wish to be in his shoes and have the life he lives. Maybe they'd be a little smarter and a little more responsible towards their family and kids.

Elin should go have herself checked out for diseases immediately. The affairs have been going on for years. Luckily the children weren't born with a disease.

Offline ConnerVT

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 05:10:22 PM »
I think Elin is a 13 -- a 10 with a three iron.   ;D    :P

Offline XMan

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 05:39:34 PM »
Show me the most beautiful woman in the world, and I'll show you a guy who's tired of sleeping with her. 

It always amazes me.  Think Hugh Grant and Elizabeth Hurley.  Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen (OK, she's a nutjob, and IMO he is also.) 

I don't get it, frankly.  But one sees it all the time. 
Boredom? 
Because he could? 
Sex addict?
Who knows. 
So he's good at golf.  I bake a great pumpkin pie.  Who cares.  I don't get the hero worship thing.   
In the end, he's still a lying, cheating, SOB. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1864
Total: 1875

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM