It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My new life in the Republic of Georgia  (Read 302376 times)

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
My new life in the Republic of Georgia
« Reply #600 on: September 18, 2018, 04:04:18 AM »
Best to stay away from flours, period.

If you can't then almond meal and hazelnut meal have relatively low carb content, though can be expensive - and not sure how easy to procure in Georgia. I use them when I make a baked cheesecake; I only do so on special occasions.

But as ML said, just drop grains altogether. This includes corn and corn syrup! Sugar kills!

Offline Maxx2

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #601 on: September 18, 2018, 09:33:08 AM »
I have never been known to do anything like that.

- - - - -

But on a serious note:  If you can, try the No sugar, No flour diets.

Instead of any type of flour (wheat, oat, corn, etc.) go with Arrow Root powder.

Best price I have found is $8.89 for 5 pounds at webstaurantstore.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/regal-bulk-arrowroot-powder-5-lb/10200010.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImbORuffC3QIVkrfACh3A_AXaEAQYAiABEgJq0fD_BwE

Thanks for the link. I have been doing a lot of research on everything. I am also testing my blood glucose reaction to different foods. I notice your site offers almond flour. From what I've read it is next to the lowest on the glycemic index. Flaxseed flour is the lowest.

Rwd123 I have been avoiding flour. I just wanted to see what I can make if I decided to eat something like a flour product.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #602 on: September 18, 2018, 01:01:42 PM »
Really want to try these recipes ...great thread

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #603 on: September 18, 2018, 11:09:41 PM »

A couple hundred years ago Thomas Jefferson became President. At that time there was a debate going that America had inferior animals in size to those in the Old World. Jefferson believed that it was possible that in the unexplored west, west of the Mississippi river that Mammoths and Mastodons still roamed. The frozen carcusses of these creatures have been found in Siberia why no couldn't there still be a population of them in South Dakota, North Dakota, Wyoming, Montana or Idaho? What Lewis and Clark discovered was that the American Brown Bear or Grizzly as it was known, was far superior in size to the Russian bear. The Grizzly's only challenger to being the top land animal predator would be the Polar Bear.

You'll NEVER see this in the US. The ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) would put and end of it and also the folks from PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals  8) ) People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, actually.

America has superior bears!

Try getting this guy on a bike! Grizzlies if raised since cubs can be trusted. Polar Bears and Black Bears cannot.

Some fool on the internet poised the question, "If a man was skilled in the marshall arts could beat a Grizzly?" I think not!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 11:45:58 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #604 on: September 18, 2018, 11:23:09 PM »
Really want to try these recipes ...great thread

Thanks Moby. I've been experimenting and gathering data. You might find the results interesting. Some of those "I didn't know that!" that Johnny Carson (famous US TV talk show host) used to say.

Offline msmob

« Reply #605 on: September 19, 2018, 12:33:12 AM »
I was particularly interested in the Flax Flour as SC raves about it , makes it at home and eats it DRY ! ;)))

It tastes REVOLTING and she insists I take it in a paste of Milk ! 

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #606 on: September 19, 2018, 03:38:08 AM »
I was particularly interested in the Flax Flour as SC raves about it , makes it at home and eats it DRY ! ;) ))

It tastes REVOLTING and she insists I take it in a paste of Milk !

Flaxseed oil I take everyday. After a week of taking it my hair really looks much better. It has a shine to it. I just noticed this yesterday. You are right Moby it I does taste horrible. I take a tbsp of it, wash it down with some water and eat a dried apricot to chase the bad taste away. Besides making the hair look healthy is has a lot of the anti-inflammatory omega 3s in it to counter the omega 6s and 9s that are known to cause inflammation.

I am feeling great! Honesty after 32 days on this paleo/keto diet I feel 20 years younger! Before it I was moving like an 80 year old man. Now power walking is done without me even thinking about it. Yesterday I was walking into the store and I noticed what big steps I took and how fast I was walking. A year and 9 months ago when I returned to Georgia for the second time I was pushed through the airports in a wheelchair! The airport personnel insisted on it! 

Offline msmob

« Reply #607 on: September 19, 2018, 10:29:06 AM »
Wow, Maxx !

You may be on to something )

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #608 on: September 19, 2018, 12:52:30 PM »

Flaxseed oil I take everyday. After a week of taking it my hair really looks much better. It has a shine to it.

But be aware that it will also make your a$$ hairs grow much longer.
Don't know if it will increase their shine.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #609 on: September 19, 2018, 06:23:12 PM »
Flaxseed oil I take everyday.

An old guy recommended I take flaxseed oil and a few years later he died.

My wife got into supplements so I took her to the super supplement store which was huge. After entering the door, I told her every product in this store is recommended by somebody to improve your health and life. There are thousands of different products and if you take one sip and one pill of each supplement everyday, you will not have any room in your stomach to eat food."  She bought a bunch of stuff and after a few months, she gave up. I told her to stick with good food and a daily vitamin. Simple program.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline MarinaSirena

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #610 on: September 19, 2018, 10:48:28 PM »
An old guy recommended I take flaxseed oil and a few years later he died.

Was he 90 y.o? oh it so unpredictable!
old people die on this planet...
We should to blame on this oil!

To be serious i agree with you. Simple program * to eat good food, to be in possitive mood, to get along with morning dozen and so on* is  effective
Excessiveness is bad friend

I am feeling great! Honesty after 32 days on this paleo/keto diet I feel 20 years younger!
great results, Maxx2!

Offline msmob

« Reply #611 on: September 20, 2018, 12:28:44 AM »
But be aware that it will also make your a$$ hairs grow much longer.
Don't know if it will increase their shine.

I can confirm that this is incorrect scientific data .... ;)

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #612 on: September 20, 2018, 12:35:24 AM »
I can confirm that this is incorrect scientific data .... ;)

Thank you! ML really had me going for a while!

I got an appointment with the dentist today. No pain just working on improving my teeth. I am doing everything I can while I am in big city Tbilisi. This weekend I got an appointment with a local artist to help me buy oil paints and supplies. I plan on taking up painting again. On Wednesday I have an appointment at an eye clinic for an eye check. Possibly I might get laser surgery to correct my vision. I've been near sighted all my life and since I plan on living at least another 40 more years why not?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 12:55:13 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #613 on: September 21, 2018, 08:59:12 PM »

Possibly I might get laser surgery to correct my vision.

Max, I hope you are not serious about getting this done anywhere in FSU !!!

Teeth is one thing . . . since they can be replaced.

But eyes . . .  OMG  !!!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:01:16 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #614 on: September 21, 2018, 09:42:34 PM »
Max, I hope you are not serious about getting this done anywhere in FSU !!!

Teeth is one thing . . . since they can be replaced.

But eyes . . .  OMG  !!!

It may be okay if they have modern equipment or Western equipment and the doctor has lots of experience. They'll check Maxx's vision, the shape of his eyes, and make sure his eyes don't get dry which would ruin the healing process. Based off the pre tests, they plug in the data into a machine and the machine does all the work using a laser to cut and reshape the cornea. Maxx may feel pain the first few days and have blurry vision which will get better over time for about a month but it's worth having 20/20 or sometime better vision.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #615 on: September 23, 2018, 12:18:53 PM »
I'll be at the optometrist in a few days. I do NOT trust American doctors at all.

I found out that according to the conservative Heritage Foundation that Georgia ranks two places above America in regards to freedom.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #616 on: September 23, 2018, 11:06:08 PM »
It may be okay if they have modern equipment or Western equipment and the doctor has lots of experience. They'll check Maxx's vision, the shape of his eyes, and make sure his eyes don't get dry which would ruin the healing process. Based off the pre tests, they plug in the data into a machine and the machine does all the work using a laser to cut and reshape the cornea. Maxx may feel pain the first few days and have blurry vision which will get better over time for about a month but it's worth having 20/20 or sometime better vision.

I've been wearing contacts since I was 16 years old. About 49 years! They were hard plastic in those days You had to gradually build up calluses on your eye lids to wear them. I probably told this story before. I remember having a 4 AM newspaper route in the ghetto of North Minneapolis. It was about 1969-1970 and Elvis was making his comeback singing his song "In the Ghetto". I remember how good the below zero air felt on my eyes then. 

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #617 on: September 26, 2018, 12:58:25 PM »

Went to the Javrishvili Eye Microsurgery Clinic today.

I went there once back in 2016. It is a VERY busy place. The photos don't show it but they must have had about 250 people in the waiting rooms. I'd estimate about 30 staff.

She's nice.

They put me through 4 different machines measuring this and that. Tomorrow I am going to call another doctor they use for a final check before going on to the next step.

Lots of children and old people. The later are probably there for glaucoma and cataract treatment. They specialize in microsurgery so that would be the place to go.

The doctor I am going to is going to check the back of my eyes. I think also it is for a second opinion on whether I am a good candidate for the next process. They are very careful over here.

Are you sitting down ML?

I am not a candidate for laser surgery like a LASIK procedure. Wrong shaped eyes. LASIK I just checked runs $1000 to $3000 per eye. Probably the more expensive one is for people with really bad eyesight like mine (I wear contact lenses). I am getting another procedure. And like Billy said, it's all done with modern state of the art equipment using computer controls. What is done is a machine is programed to laser open my eye, take out my natural lens and replace it with an artificial one.

They rate vision here like they rate bra sizes. Mine is a "5". That would be like 20-250. Perfect would be "0". I was told I'd be a zero. The process takes 15 minutes. I won't need glasses or contact lens anymore. The cost is 1700 GEL or $654. That is for both eyes. They do one eye, then 2 to 4 weeks later they do the other eye.

Monday I go to my dentist for the next step on getting a zirconium crown on my upper right molar. If my memory is correct I think it will cost me about $175. Dentistry like optometry and car repair is about a tenth of what it costs in the West
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:42:00 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline BC

« Reply #618 on: September 26, 2018, 01:54:37 PM »
Thanks for all the insights (pun?) you are sharing as an expat.

Cheers for speedy resolution and recovery.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #619 on: September 26, 2018, 02:19:56 PM »
<snip>...They rate vision here like they rate bra sizes. Mine is a "5". That would be like 20-250. Perfect would be "0". I was told I'd be a zero. The process takes 15 minutes. I won't need glasses or contact lens anymore. The cost is 1700 GEL or $654. That is for both eyes. They do one eye, then 2 to 4 weeks later they do the other eye....<snip>

Yes, but maxx did you ask them what the deal would be just for 'one eye'? You might be able to 'save' for corrective lens in the future, too having just one problematic eye.

~ j/k ~
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ML

« Reply #620 on: September 26, 2018, 02:31:52 PM »
I don't want to just have negative comments, but . . .

those who think something is safer because it's 'controlled by a computer' are deluding themselves.

A few years back, I was having some sort of MRI or CAT scan or something.
The gal set up some controls and then left the room to gossip with a co-worker.
The machine started lowering the gadget toward my forehead.
When it got a half inch or so away . . . I jerked my head out of the path.

She came back in all indignant asking WTF I was doing, and she would have to start over.

I said, the machine could crush my skull.
She said, it was programmed to stop just short of crushing my skull.

I said, I won't continue with this unless a human is here to stop the machine just before it crushes my skull.  So she stayed.

What she and others are ignoring is that . . . all machines malfunction . . . computer controlled or not.

Don't know exact statistics, but it is often stated that half or so of hospital deaths every year are caused by human error, which includes programming computers wrong.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #621 on: September 26, 2018, 02:35:22 PM »

Yes, but maxx did you ask them what the deal would be just for 'one eye'? You might be able to 'save' for corrective lens in the future, too having just one problematic eye.

~ j/k ~

I should be sleeping as it is after 1 AM. But I seen the notification. I won't need corrective lens in the future. I'll have 20/20 or better vision. I am on a self improvement kick right now. My blood glucose are at normal levels now.

Day 39, Wednesday September 28, 2018
             Low Carb Day 
                          5:45 AM:  84/95 glucose levels
                                          Metformin 1000 mg
                          6:30 AM:  Coffee with cream              150 calories
                          8:00 AM:  Iced Green tea
                          9:30 AM:  103/115 glucose levels
                        11:00 AM:  Iced Green tea
                                          Coffee with cream               150
                        11:30 AM:  Beef 75 grams                     190
                                          Onion soup 150 grams        150
                                          Carrots 75 grams                  46      (686)
                          6:00 PM:  99/99 glucose levels
                          7:25 PM:  Beef 150 grams                   380
                                          Onion soup 100 grams        100    (1166)
                                          Iced Green tea
                                          Metformin 1000 mg
                                          Flaxseed oil                           36    (1202)
                          8:25 PM:  112/115 glucose levels
                          9:30 PM:  Avocado 1/2                        152    (1354)
                        12:25 AM:  Avocado 1/2                        152    (1506) total calories
                        12:30 AM:  92/95 glucose levels

I cooked up batch of beef roast stew so I've been eating on that. I got fish and chicken in the fridge and lots of vegetables.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #622 on: September 26, 2018, 02:54:36 PM »
I don't want to just have negative comments, but . . .

those who think something is safer because it's 'controlled by a computer' are deluding themselves.

A few years back, I was having some sort of MRI or CAT scan or something.
The gal set up some controls and then left the room to gossip with a co-worker.
The machine started lowering the gadget toward my forehead.
When it got a half inch or so away . . . I jerked my head out of the path.

She came back in all indignant asking WTF I was doing, and she would have to start over.

I said, the machine could crush my skull.
She said, it was programmed to stop just short of crushing my skull.

I said, I won't continue with this unless a human is here to stop the machine just before it crushes my skull.  So she stayed.

What she and others are ignoring is that . . . all machines malfunction . . . computer controlled or not.

Don't know exact statistics, but it is often stated that half or so of hospital deaths every year are caused by human error, which includes programming computers wrong.

Every thing is a chance. I worry more about getting into an accident driving to the clinic than the laser machine going bonkers. Georgians drive different than Americans. Americans are more polite. Of course they have to be. After all an armed society is a polite society. 

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #623 on: September 26, 2018, 04:03:38 PM »

I should be sleeping as it is after 1 AM. But I seen the notification. I won't need corrective lens in the future. I'll have 20/20 or better vision. I am on a self improvement kick right now. My blood glucose are at normal levels now.

Day 39, Wednesday September 28, 2018
             Low Carb Day 
                          5:45 AM:  84/95 glucose levels
                                          Metformin 1000 mg
                          6:30 AM:  Coffee with cream              150 calories
                          8:00 AM:  Iced Green tea
                          9:30 AM:  103/115 glucose levels
                        11:00 AM:  Iced Green tea
                                          Coffee with cream               150
                        11:30 AM:  Beef 75 grams                     190
                                          Onion soup 150 grams        150
                                          Carrots 75 grams                  46      (686)
                          6:00 PM:  99/99 glucose levels
                          7:25 PM:  Beef 150 grams                   380
                                          Onion soup 100 grams        100    (1166)
                                          Iced Green tea
                                          Metformin 1000 mg
                                          Flaxseed oil                           36    (1202)
                          8:25 PM:  112/115 glucose levels
                          9:30 PM:  Avocado 1/2                        152    (1354)
                        12:25 AM:  Avocado 1/2                        152    (1506) total calories
                        12:30 AM:  92/95 glucose levels

I cooked up batch of beef roast stew so I've been eating on that. I got fish and chicken in the fridge and lots of vegetables.

Good *moderated* diet plan, maxx...skip the cream, even better. Do without the 'beef' - JACKPOT!  :P

Now if you can only get at least 7 hours of sleep everyday, and give your body enough time to recharge itself...you'd Sylvester Stallone again!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

« Reply #624 on: September 26, 2018, 10:14:03 PM »

Americans are more polite. Of course they have to be. After all an armed society is a polite society.

Back in '90 I was driving a hire car in San Diego with a friends who were a US Postal Policeman and SWAT respectively ..

I raised the UK style 'TWO fingered salute of displeasure'  to a guy who tried to turn left right in front of me -  he failed - due to the car in another lane failing to stop and so we were face to face ... He smiled and gestured 'peace' back at me ...

Had a -stern - lecture about gun toting loonies who settle road rage disputes ..

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1971
Total: 1981

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM