It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: God fearing / God comes first  (Read 4553 times)

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
  • Trips: 1 - 3
God fearing / God comes first
« on: September 30, 2012, 09:09:24 AM »
In the past, I tried to look for a Filippina lady, but many of their descriptions always write "God fearing" which had put me off.   

I have met a Belarussian lady (on my 1st trip - found her via magazine) who turned out to be a Jehovah's Witness.  Her mother and sister are also Jehovah's Witness but her father wasn't (He was a drunken man lol).  Her mother told me that she put God first before her family.  She loves God more than her own daughters and husband!

What would you do if you found in profile that they are 1)  God fearing, or 2)  Loves God before you, or 3) similar situation, what would you do - even the lady is very beautiful, or has good match with you, so on.

I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: God fearing / God comes first
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 09:12:51 AM »
Flee to the closest Atheists' Asylum ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline GoodOlBoy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 09:14:26 AM »
Without going back and reading your previous 244 posts CDW, I can only say that if you are an atheist then you may have a BIG problem coexisting with a God fearing woman.

GOB
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:16:08 AM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 09:19:30 AM »
Flee to the closest Atheists' Asylum ;D .

I agree with Sandro.
Trying to find a compatible FSUW is hard enough, look for your own kind.

GOB
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline Shadow

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 09:23:42 AM »
Your wife will face a choice.

If she marries you and you are not of their faith, it will be considered a mortal sin, and she will be declared dead by the community. That means any friends and family within the Jehovah community will break all contact immediately and irreversible.
If you feign to be converted they might accept you, but you will have to follow certain traditions (visiting all RWD members to give brochures is one  ;D ).

Do not think there are ways around it. My uncle married in to 'the Faith' and has experiences two of his daughters to be considered dead for living in sin (on divorced, the other lived with a man outside marriage). Through my father contact was kept, but it had to be hidden as if my aunt would meet her own daughter in the supermarket she would fully ignore her existence.

This hopefully warrants the messages of RUN that people will give you.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 09:33:25 AM »
I do not worship God, but certainly do not like my other half to love God before me, or is god fearing!

I always move on when I saw "God fearing"  "God" "God" in any profiles
I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 10:00:23 AM »
...What would you do if you found in profile that they are 1)  God fearing, or 2)  Loves God before you, or 3) similar situation, what would you do - even the lady is very beautiful, or has good match with you, so on.

Conduct your search in the Far East...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 10:05:50 AM »
I do not worship God, but certainly do not like my other half to love God before me, or is god fearing!

Satan says exactly those same things.

Be thankful you did not make that proclamation in public 500+ years ago. That would have likely got you beheaded.

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 10:26:47 AM »
Satan says exactly those same things.

Be thankful you did not make that proclamation in public 500+ years ago. That would have likely got you beheaded.

a little insurance of a shute opening?    :ROFL:

Don't piss him off... Satan just may cut the cord!
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 10:41:38 AM »

a little insurance of a shute opening?    :ROFL:

Don't piss him off... Satan just may cut the cord!

:P
I will heed the warning
:)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 01:53:41 PM »

Think you'll find a woman that will worship you?
You will always be moving on.

Proverbs 1:7
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 10:24:10 PM »
It depends on your own religious viewpoint of course!

There are three sides to the triangle  - mental/intellectual, spiritual/philosophical, physical.  Best to look for someone who is roughly congruent with you in all 3 aspects.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Jumper

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 09:36:47 AM »

With your views, thats seems reasonable?

but why would anyone's here thoughts on the matter be relevant or helpful to your own individual pursuit?

What any given  member here would do when faced with a profile with that information would depend entirely on their own views?

Your question then comes across as simply asking who is religious, or  spiritual,and  to what level,  or not?

For what its worth,  I'm happy my wife follows her Orthodox faith and encourage it.We do not share the exact same beliefs , but at the fundamentals  we do,  and are compatible.

Offline Daveman

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 04:41:20 PM »
In the past, I tried to look for a Filippina lady, but many of their descriptions always write "God fearing" which had put me off.   

I have met a Belarussian lady (on my 1st trip - found her via magazine) who turned out to be a Jehovah's Witness.  Her mother and sister are also Jehovah's Witness but her father wasn't (He was a drunken man lol).  Her mother told me that she put God first before her family.  She loves God more than her own daughters and husband!

What would you do if you found in profile that they are 1)  God fearing, or 2)  Loves God before you, or 3) similar situation, what would you do - even the lady is very beautiful, or has good match with you, so on.

In a more serious answer to your post.  I think those words in a profile may mean quite a bit more to the typical Filipina than to the typical RW. 

Almost all RW (maybe exaggerated) claim to be "christian", yet the majority of those don't participate in church regularly, perhaps Western Ukraine and other geographical regions my have a higher concentration of those actually "practicing" Christianity.  So maybe they'll get better at it (bad joke alert), but for the most part it's like a "I believe there is a God" kind of thing.  All of the Filipinas that I know or have known are pretty serious Catholics.. though that number is hardly statistically relevant.

How did you not know the other lady is a JW early on?  Did you not discuss religious topics prior to meeting?

Depending on the exact words written -- what I would probably do is just ask the lady about it if you are attracted to her... no need to move on unless she is writing in all caps UNBELIEVERS MUST ROAST IN HELL.. or something similar.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:45:29 PM by Daveman »
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 08:51:00 AM »

Thou dost not hath to be afraid!  Get down on your knees and I shalt put my hand on your head to rid the fear that afflicts you!

Many people do not understand the meaning of God fearing and feel it's wrong for a spouse to love God more than themself.

It's okay if a person is God fearing in the sense they understand there are consequences if they don't please God and live in the manner he wants. Man's law doesn't teach us much but simply tries to curb bad behavior. God's law teaches us to be good to others. Nothing wrong with that.  You fear killing someone because you don't want to go to prison and get raped. You fear running a traffic light because you don't want a ticket creating a financial burdon or to cause harm to people and avhicles. People fear God because they don't want to fall out of his grace and face the consequence from him so they alter their behavior in a good way(most of the time) and that is why you shouldn't be turned off when encountering a God fearing person.

When I was younger, I didn't like it when a girl I dated told me she will always love God more than her future husband. I understand now there is nothing wrong with that and if anything, it benefits the husband if she takes care of him the way God intended. If a woman loves God more than her man, it's supposed to be a good thing.

I can't speak so much on other religions behalf but I understand a little bit about Christianity  . I do know if you don't worship God, it's best you stay away from women that do not becasue of what they say but because you won't be compatible with each other and have serious conflicts especially if you have children together. There are fanatics out there that usually get the attention in the media and it's bad publicity for religion but truth is most people who believe in God are decent people and would probably be worse if they didn't adhere to any other law but mans.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:12:19 AM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 04:23:05 PM »
While the phrase "God fearing" is a language phrase that would seldom appear in a FSU profile I'd think, one might run across a lady who expressed that they loved God or considered God to be important in their lives. I'd be happy that a lady listed such because for a guy looking for such a lady, or a guy wishing to avoid the same, then it is a hint to respond accordingly. It is no different than a lady who smokes and puts it in her profile. Obviously it is important to her and she wants a man who is also a smoker or at least who is willing to tolerate a wife whose mouth tastes like an ashtray. Either way, both sides can know areas of compatibility or the lack thereof.

When dating Mrs M, we both wanted someone who was actively Orthodox and not just at Christmas and Easter. That was our choice and what we sought and just one of the many areas where we enjoy great compatibility.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 04:26:46 PM by mendeleyev »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958
Most Online Ever: 12701