It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Is this normal for Russian Women?  (Read 26977 times)

Offline Doll

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Is this normal for Russian Women?
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2017, 05:28:50 PM »
I know. I just wanted to add  a RW's opinion to the discussion))
The girl is desperate to come to the US. TS can adopt her))))))))))))

Offline Mappy

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2017, 07:59:53 PM »
It is still odds on that this is a scam.  The disappearance of the OP hopefully indicates that he realises this now.

Offline Davo

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2017, 08:18:29 PM »
It is still odds on that this is a scam.  The disappearance of the OP hopefully indicates that he realises this now.

I agree. If you read the recent scam lists, 90 percent are visa / air fare scams. I would have read at least 20 that stated she was selling personal  belongings, to make the men feel guilty and initiate a response and offer to pay her costs.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 08:27:37 PM by Davo »

Offline southernX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2017, 09:23:15 PM »
flat out scam

wrap it which way you wish , but thaty will prove to be true  ;)

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2017, 09:09:50 AM »
....Any comments would be welcomed.

LMAO!

I needed a good laugh and this came at a perfect time. You got the entire peanut gallery reeling from your 'story', LOL.

Well, FWIW, methinks no one really need to worry you'd get scammed. I mean, what's to scam you off, right? I seriously doubt western union accepts SNAP or EBT!

Anywho, a good fodder for these lost lot! A great example why and how these (scam) 'tricks' are still as effective as they are.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2017, 09:17:46 AM »
I would have read at least 20 that stated she was selling personal  belongings, to make the men feel guilty and initiate a response and offer to pay her costs.

I never felt guilty until they were going to sell a kidney.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Geoffrey D

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2017, 08:20:14 PM »
The only thing I can say Geoffrey is this girl sounds amazing...any girl that sells all her stuff to get with you is truly a catch. There is no way she's a scammer. You could read tons of red flag posts on women and she wouldn't be considered in the same category because she is truly is unique. This girl is displaying some of the most endearing sacrifices I ever seen a girl do...if only most men met a girl like this on the sites, they'd hit the jackpot. Being a lonely village girl must be rough but you came into her life at the right time...you got this man...good luck

Thank you. It seems you're the only one in this website that actually isn't thinking scam here. Honestly, I think they've programmed themselves to believe girls like this are fictional and don't actually exist.

I haven't checked in a couple if weeks, and nothing has changed...she is full bore 100 % committed to making this happen has found a buyer for her room and now wants to get a loan on top of that.

Listen everyone, she knows I have no money and the only thing i own of value is a $45000 Yukon.

She doesn't care. She thinks we were meant for each and this is destiny. Nothing is stopping this precious Russian girl.

Though most of you choose to think this is a complete farce, if she is able to get a US visa, she will be coming here.

Oh, and she still hasn't asked for a dime.

This village orphan is like no other.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2017, 09:10:02 PM »
This village orphan is like no other.

If a girl like her comes around only once in a lifetime, you should be calling her often.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Mappy

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2017, 10:50:45 PM »
Geoffrey, thanks for coming back and updating us.  You have made your call, and you do have more information than any of us, offset by your natural desire that this really be true.

Personally, based on what you have said, my instinct is that you are heading for the most tremendous disappointment.  Please take care, and recognise that if her taxi breaks down on the way to the airport, or she needs money to rearrange the flight she just missed, or any other similar mishap, and only needs you to send a hundred dollars before you can start your life of happiness together, the pressure for you to fulfil the first stage of the scam will be immense.  Forewarned is forearmed.  Don't become one of those guys standing at the airport with a bunch of flowers for a girl that never existed.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:03:40 PM by Mappy »

Offline msmob

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2017, 12:18:37 AM »
Geoffrey,

In this instance I totally agree with BillyB - if this woman is SO - unique - why the long gaps in communication?

You asked for advice / opinions and - mostly didn't like the responses.

ALL we can hope is that you prove us wrong....

Offline Geoffrey D

« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2017, 05:47:40 AM »
Again, she lives in such a remote part of Russia, that there is no mobile service or wifi. And no landlines. The only internet access is picked up from a satellite dish at an internet cafe.

You act like you are surprised a remote village 200 km from the closet town has no modern communications.

Offline Mappy

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2017, 07:02:34 AM »
That part of Russia is where most of the scams come from!

I can only recount my experience of visiting my former girlfriend, seven years ago, working for VSO in a remote village in Rwanda.  Every young person had a mobile phone, yet hardly any of the village homes had electricity.  There was one woman in the village who had paid for electricity and her 'job' was charging the phones for the entire village.  She had a two-room hut and her front room was filled with an amazing number mobile phones all charging on extension leads running from a couple of plug points.

If this is possible in the 'third world', consider what even remote parts of the 'second world' should be able to achieve?

Offline Geoffrey D

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2017, 07:05:31 AM »
Geoffrey, thanks for coming back and updating us.  You have made your call, and you do have more information than any of us, offset by your natural desire that this really be true.

Personally, based on what you have said, my instinct is that you are heading for the most tremendous disappointment.  Please take care, and recognise that if her taxi breaks down on the way to the airport, or she needs money to rearrange the flight she just missed, or any other similar mishap, and only needs you to send a hundred dollars before you can start your life of happiness together, the pressure for you to fulfil the first stage of the scam will be immense.  Forewarned is forearmed.  Don't become one of those guys standing at the airport with a bunch of flowers for a girl that never existed.

Good luck.

Hi again mappy. Ok then, what if she doesn't have taxi problems and her flight is on schedule and there no strange quirky scenarios?.....and actually lands here in San Jose? Would you still suspect huge disappointment?

I've chatted online with dozens of girls and virtually every one of them has eventually asked for money. I've told Anastasija all about this and quite a few very amusing stories about how transparent most of them are and the games I would play with them. I've had girls that sent the same picture. I had one girl that lived fairly close and promised me sex if I voted for her online. Of course you needed a credit card to vote, so I mentioned that to her and she insisted that right after the vote my account will be fully reimbursed.
I told her I'd be happy to pick her up for lunch and she could show me the steps involved

Well as you can probably guess, she didn't want any part of that plan. I noticed a few weeks later she had changed her name to something else.

My favorite though was the beautiful woman that in her initial e mail said she was single and never had kids. 2 weeks later, she mentioned her "son" Joe needed medication for his leukemia. $1500.

So my immediate response to her was to ask if she has a clone helping her with all the emails she must send. Being from Africa, she had no clue what a clone is.

To bait one, I offered to fly myself to her city and meet for lunch. That didn't go over too well either.

I have many more like this and Anastasija has heard most of them. This was when we first started communicating. I told her about the meat market, and that the death of a online relationship is the minute money is brought to the conversation. She knows you never ask for money unless you've actually seen and met the person.

Look, when I first met this Russian beauty, I was tired of all the BS and came straight .
out and told her about my feelings about scam and the lowlife girls looking to cash in.

One more quick little tidbit,  and I'll give it a rest for today.

We obviously don't know 100% if this girl is real or just another fraud. But how many of these scammers go through the trouble of e mailing everyday for 2 months, and asks the most personal questions I've ever gotten from any girl online or in real life.

She wants to know about my childhood, parents, brothers, my hobbies, favorite foods, sports, outside activities. She asks how I would envision a day spent with her. How the day would start, what we would do, how it would finally end.

And the stuff she sends me are some of the most romantic words I've ever heard or read. This girl is about the kindest most loving person I've ever met.

And if you guys are right and this was a complete joke,  I promise to come back and let you all know what happened.

I'd be shocked if this girl wasn't absolutely the real thing.

I'll keep you all informed on her progress. I think she bussed to Nizhny Novgorod today  and should have some more info in a day or two.

Offline Geoffrey D

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2017, 07:17:11 AM »
I'll tell you what mappy since you are the most skeptical person I've ever met, I will ask her to give me a detailed explanation on why in the world she has no cell phone. OK?

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2017, 07:32:36 AM »
A picture of 58 YO Geoffrey and his lovely 29 YO Russian Bride on the Beach.

Offline Mappy

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2017, 08:29:08 AM »
Geoffrey

My experience wasn't so different from yours, so I have nothing to prove.

If she turns up and you are happy together, I will be delighted.  And thanks for promising to let us know, either way.  Sharing the outcome will help new readers.

Just take care over the next few days. If it's genuine, no problem.  If there's a scam about to hit you, at least you are mentally alert to that possibility.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:33:40 AM by Mappy »

Offline msmob

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2017, 09:41:43 AM »
Again, she lives in such a remote part of Russia, that there is no mobile service or wifi. And no landlines. The only internet access is picked up from a satellite dish at an internet cafe.

You act like you are surprised a remote village 200 km from the closet town has no modern communications.

I earn my crust from enabling comms in places where folks think there's none - esp. in Russia....   

Also, I did put a link to the Maza, N/Novorad Oblast that could be your contact's home and know most of the village has 2G comms ( GSM)  and messaging chat apps would work - although pics uploading / receiving would be SLOWWw .... 

IF the 'internet cafe' relies on on Satellite internet it will restrict videos and video chats....

Offline ML

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2017, 10:41:37 AM »
A picture of 58 YO Geoffrey and his lovely 29 YO Russian Bride on the Beach.

He looks like Ed McMahon.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2017, 11:16:54 AM »

If she can buy her own tourist visa and fly to America, surely she can afford to write you more often.

He looks like Ed McMahon.

That guy has more money than Ed McMahon.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2017, 11:19:34 AM »

If she can buy her own tourist visa and fly to America, surely she can afford to write you more often.

You cannot buy a tourist visa, you can however apply for a tourist visa.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Jumper

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2017, 12:20:04 PM »
I think the OP is pullig our leg,
But usually Hairy Boris writes with much more conviction and romance than any pragmatic RW does.

Offline Davo

« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2017, 01:47:19 PM »
If it's all legitimate, what's the chances of her getting a US visa tourist visa?... She has nothing to ensure she'll return, no  family, no residence etc... She might also have very little money to support her holiday, if she can't get a loan. The op obviously can't sponsor her visit, as he has no money.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2017, 02:21:40 PM »
If it's all legitimate, what's the chances of her getting a US visa tourist visa?... She has nothing to ensure she'll return, no  family, no residence etc... She might also have very little money to support her holiday, if she can't get a loan. The op obviously can't sponsor her visit, as he has no money.

Our OP is willing to move to her small town to live happily ever after if she's denied a tourist visa. It's best he start packing sooner than later.

You cannot buy a tourist visa, you can however apply for a tourist visa.

Anybody can apply for the tourist visa for free. The fee is to purchase/buy the service they charge for the processing of the paperwork, interview and actual visa if one is approved.

Offline southernX

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2017, 03:54:21 PM »
well  ;D

we will all have to watch this space to see how this one plays out,  its going to be interesting to see how she/he  goes for the $$$ imo

SX

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline Davo

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2017, 10:32:41 PM »
Geoffrey,
I think everyone will be pleased if this works out for you, but the issue is that  more often than not ( and I've read almost every thread on this forum ), guys with similar stories to you are talking to visa / airfare scammers. Read the scammer  black  lists, the scammers have gone to far greater lengths than you have used as proof she's legitimate. To answer your question... it's not normal for a Russian woman to sell everything without at least talking to the man face to face on Skype or at least hear his voice. Really think about it... Is this the behaviour of a "normal" woman?... But saying that,  I'll be the first to congratulate you when she arrives in the states and if not you probably have plenty of time on your hands to to a bit of scam baiting  :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:53:24 PM by Davo »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958