It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How did your divorce affect your FSU marriage?  (Read 4298 times)

Offline DCCowboy71

How did your divorce affect your FSU marriage?
« on: December 14, 2020, 12:31:45 PM »
Just a question, I'm sure like a fair majority of us on here, not making a assumption, we were divorced. How did your former wife treat you. We are still on friendly terms. If you had kids from first marriage how did they react? One of the women I am in communication  with is 15 years my junior only make her my daughters 12 years her senior. And all the above questions Vice versa to the FSU marriage. Thanks for the commits.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
How did your divorce affect your FSU marriage?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 12:46:13 PM »
Just a question, I'm sure like a fair majority of us on here, not making a assumption, we were divorced. How did your former wife treat you. We are still on friendly terms. If you had kids from first marriage how did they react? One of the women I am in communication  with is 15 years my junior only make her my daughters 12 years her senior. And all the above questions Vice versa to the FSU marriage. Thanks for the commits.

I had a cRaZy ewife so I really, really avoided the crazy FSUW (which there
are plenty). I had a restraining order on her (long expired) but I have not
seen nor heard from my Ex for at least a decade. She doesn't have contact
with my son, nobody was poisoned against me.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: How did your divorce affect your FSU marriage?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 04:52:52 PM »
One of the women I am in communication  with is 15 years my junior only make her my daughters 12 years her senior.

This sentence needs reworded . . . makes no sense as it now reads.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Goombah

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 09:01:08 PM »
No impact at all, the fact that I was only married once before was seen as a positive.

Details:  I was 45 at the time I met my future Russian wife (now married to her over 15 years).  Had 2 daughters via my first marriage, both teenagers.  Adopted her then 10 year old daughter and have since had a daughter and son with her.  Perhaps the fact that she had a daughter nulled out that I had two.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 09:36:06 PM »
My ex was a true demonic succubus. I managed to get custody of my children in the divorce and had to deal with her off and on until they were grown (aged out at 18). My last conversation with her was on the night of my youngest graduation from high school which I told her in not so gently terms, this is the last time I ever have to see you, talk to you or have anything ever to do with you. Thankfully, I haven't spoken to her since.

My youngest was well into college before I started searching in the FSU which is a totally unrelated story but, to be brief I had cut off all contact with the ex before my now wife ever came into the picture. I had dated quite a few women and even contemplated marriage a couple of times before my now Russian wife but never pulled the trigger. I was single for 16 years and far from celibate. I was never comfortable with the idea of screwing my kids up with a play pretend mother or a woman forced to play pretend mother. Neither of my previous wife candidates convinced me it would work nor did the kids.

IMHO, the ex isn't a factor. If she is, go back to her and forget FSU

Offline I/O

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 10:00:46 PM »
My Wife certainly throws the odd barb about my ex wife from time to time. Largely reassuring herself of her own position and I usually respond with something along the lines of "don't know why I let her slip through my fingers" or similar. That kind of equals things out. 🤣

No kids with my ex probably made it simpler and we have no contact.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 08:27:46 AM »
My ex had moved to another state before my now FSU wife arrived in USA.  My two children were adults and also living in another state, so no problem there either.

Occasionally current FSU wife inquires about my ex wife.  I respond I know nothing about her, which is true.

Ex wife was and probably still is a good person; just not a good wife for me.

As people, ex and current wife have many similarities, to wit: mostly calm demeanor, having good moral character, being honest, hard working, good house keepers and frugal with money.

Current wife is a couple of notches higher in intelligence and much better as a sex partner.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Steamer

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 08:36:22 PM »
I thought that after my ex remarried there would be no issues. I was wrong. My wife and my ex hate each others guts and can barely be in the same room with each other. Part of the problem is the exes husband totally drools over my wife (which I find hilarious) and enrages my ex.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 08:37:57 PM by Steamer »
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline DCCowboy71

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2020, 07:16:37 AM »
This sentence needs reworded . . . makes no sense as it now reads.
I think that is surplus information, but basically the FSUW is 12 years older than my daughter.

Also thank you all for your honest and frank answers, this is a big decision with a lot of implications on both parties.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 08:04:22 AM »
Neither of us has contact with Ex's so no problem here.  Only met briefly on one occasion. Some normal tension but that was it, more like checking each other out.

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2020, 10:44:49 AM »
I would say your biggest issue is with your child, and your Ex will try to sabotage that relationship

My case
I lived with a girlfriend, no kids, 5 years before I met my FSU wife in 93. They never met, so there was zero problem. My problem today is similar to yours Cowboy, divorced 3 years, and what will my kids think if I brought back a girl from overseas that was closer to their age than mine. In my case, my gf of 2 years is about the same age as my oldest. Asians have no problem with the age gaps, but Im worried they wont get along. Its like they will be in competition for attention, love and inheritance

If this Covid thing ever ends, my plan is for money to be put in trust for my kids. I already have an attorney for that. I think I have plenty of emotion and time for all to be satisfied

Offline japtats

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2020, 11:12:09 AM »
I would say your biggest issue is with your child, and your Ex will try to sabotage that relationship

My case
I lived with a girlfriend, no kids, 5 years before I met my FSU wife in 93. They never met, so there was zero problem. My problem today is similar to yours Cowboy, divorced 3 years, and what will my kids think if I brought back a girl from overseas that was closer to their age than mine. In my case, my gf of 2 years is about the same age as my oldest. Asians have no problem with the age gaps, but Im worried they wont get along. Its like they will be in competition for attention, love and inheritance

If this Covid thing ever ends, my plan is for money to be put in trust for my kids. I already have an attorney for that. I think I have plenty of emotion and time for all to be satisfied

Yes, and yes some more.

Offline DCCowboy71

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2020, 11:37:21 AM »
they will be in competition for attention, love and inheritance.
That brings up so good points. Not too worried about inheritance, I like you just started a Trust. I thing I have to work out is in my Divorce My Ex got part of my Life Insurance, which sucks. I feel like a future Ms. Cowboy would not get her due share if something were to happen to me. And 1 Women I am interested in already has  child of her own as well. I suppose I will just let my attorney figure it out, he will probably get it all anyway...hahaha

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2020, 12:30:33 PM »
Can be sticky of course.  I'd say how you behave is going to be a pretty big factor.  If the ex senses you are 'showing off' or showing her up in some way it may make her feel bad and she is more likely to react.   I'm not sure what your personality is like, but being humble is safe in these situations....in my opinion. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1422
Most Online Ever: 12701