It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Weird times in this pandemic  (Read 4044 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Weird times in this pandemic
« on: October 10, 2020, 10:30:41 PM »
It is now nearly 9 months since SC and I were together.

I have sheltered Mum from the virus, so far and REALLY need 'us time' with SC .. 

The issue was finding someone to 'live in' with Ma ..who regards anyone staying over as 'strangers', ( unwelcome) apart from me ((
SC has had visas ready for some weeks, but finding a carer that Ma can 'gel' with .. is challenging and I simply don't want her in a care home in these times. [ Alzheimer's]

Started looking at flights to France, as we will stay there... SC wants to look at options for places to live in FR and Spain, but most flights ( direct) to France are silly money and indirects involve stop-overs in places that we don't know will accept someone travelling on ( situation changes daily! )  It seems that I will be UK based for the near future, so she'll be closer.

Then there's the PCR tests, as SC will not have to self-isolate for 14 days, if given the all clear.. so it is best she is tested at a French airport ..

May be she should come direct to the UK, isolate here and THEN go to France by car ferry / tunnel

So many unknowns and potentials to fall foul of a sudden change in rules.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Weird times in this pandemic
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 08:45:34 AM »
SC wants to look at options for places to live in FR and Spain

With the coronavirus thing going on, will France or Spain allow you both to move there? Since your mom has Alzheimer's and it's important to be close to her, will SC consider living in the UK?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 05:12:48 AM »
For 'climate reasons' SC would clearly prefer NOT to live in the UK.

She offered to help me get ma through to the new year.

It is still swimming weather in Sochi, so she is giving up 'her job'  of remaining tanned.

The new carer sent from an agency is 'gelling' with Ma...so I might escape 'the basement', yet.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 05:14:32 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 03:57:50 AM »
..and then again, not ? ((

Macron will speak to the nation this evening re plans to deal with the latest surge in new cases.

TWO places were I was due to visit re work are now RED zones and SC and I planned to meet in Paris, later this week ..

:wallbash:

SC has been making long skirts in preparation for the tropical temps of western Europe .. She is on the beach, in Sochi !

Offline msmob

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 02:25:59 AM »
So, a 10 hour overnight train ride and SC has been to have her fingers scanned and photo taken to be allowed back to the UK.

During this pandemic, her Schengen, UK and passport expired, while she was stuck in Russia...

Then the French 'kept her passport for FAR too long..

Now the Brits have it..

I gave her money to pay for  keeping her passport, while awaiting a decision, but she decided to trust them to issue her permission to return, promptly. ))

No passport = no meeting...until she gets it back.

I wish I had her faith.

At least in the case of the French, I had the might of EU Directives on my side.

The British? They should also comply and we would win any 'fight', ultimately...but I HATE these strange times..

Last night some firm from New York lifted $100 from our account and I spent hours in chat...2 times being cut off...as my phone screens saver cut in and 'terminated' the well advanced chat to be refunded and my card being blocked...and a new one being ordered...

During the third chat the agent declined to issue me a new card, so I had to insist via a supervisor..

Went to send money to SC... 'blocked'..."poss. fraudulent transaction.." :wallbash:

Another hour plus in chat to get my savings account card unblocked.

Why, if people are working from home, does it take so long to find an agent.

Are banks cutting back on staff?

I HATE the algorithms that 'identify' fraudulent transactions as 'OK' and what should clearly be seem as me being labelled 'potentially fraudulent'..

((

UPDATE:  SC was the only person waiting for an appointment for Biometrics ..we paid extra for a flexi-appointment and there were no free ones for 50 days ahead..hmm?  Seems like a racket

Took 20 mins - as all docs had been uploaded to the UK VI server and they just wanted to see her passport, Schengens, previous UK admissions, Russian 'passport' ( ID book) and copies of our marriage docs and my  passports and birth certificate

All other stuff was uploaded to the server as *I* have to prove myself as born in N.Ireland, that one parent was and that I've been resident for six months or more ..  Have been in the UK for all but 5 days in 2020..lots of bank statements, Tax/ pension stuff and proof I've been caring for Mum at home

Now... we wait ..

SC is on the sleeper train back to Sochi

She rarely puts her hair up, but decided she should for her visa for the UK ?

Here, she sat in a railway stn, and showing me how she looked ..

*I* think she looks totally different .. so I hope she doesn't confuse the poor decision maker ;)

She was nearly asleep before the train came in ..

Nearly 3 days away ..just to get your fingers scanned and one's photo taken !

The best part ... the Visa is under EU Directive rules on freedom of movement - so it is FREE ...paid for the earlier appt and  courier return of passport ( with the Visa ?)

« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:53:20 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 03:43:20 AM »
The application for SC's right to return is probably gathering dust in Moscow..

Can't help logging in twice a day to see if there's progress.

It will be interesting to see if a DM ( decision maker) asks me to send originals of docs previously seen on past entries..

Yesterday, folks that have been waiting months and just days all had positive responses, so may be they only look at our route to be together, occasionally?

Still beach weather in Sochi, so SC is working hard on her tan.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 04:06:37 PM »
What's the chances our Mobe is currently arguing at the desk of officialdom in Moscow? Must be a long argument he's been away from this board for quite some time now.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 12:39:25 AM »
Trench,

Whilst said passport was in Moscow the decisions are made in Liverpool..

Some folks applied in August and just got their visa (target 15 day turnaround)

No hassling from my end ... Life is good..still beach weather in  Sochi..so something pleasant to wake up to now there is a 3 hour time difference

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 03:27:22 PM »
Trench,

Whilst said passport was in Moscow the decisions are made in Liverpool..

Some folks applied in August and just got their visa (target 15 day turnaround)

No hassling from my end ... Life is good..still beach weather in  Sochi..so something pleasant to wake up to now there is a 3 hour time difference

Mobe, you're alive!!! I was so worried about you my dear chum. I feared you might have p*ssed off Russian officialdom in Moscow and had been novichoked or taken an unfortunate accident out of a building window.

Well anyway I wouldn't dilly dally on the paperwork front there's a good chap. Remember, you have until the 31st December then it goes over to the new  points based system ;)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 11:43:01 PM »
Trench,

As always, I defer to your practical  expertise of immigration, dating and trade ....

For those of you who deal in fact...our immigration route does not 'end' on 31/12/20 ...I am now legally UK resident and we could apply until the last day of June 2021

I enclose some reading material for Trench.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 11:45:17 PM by msmob »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1433