It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Kyiv Trip  (Read 10245 times)

Offline c5h

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Kyiv Trip
« on: July 26, 2021, 07:22:48 AM »
Just returned from latest trip.  Will post some photos and general stuff, but here are main changes from my Fall 2019 trip:

The Arabs are the big story in Kyiv.  Tourists are mainly Arab (I was told they have a 2 week qt in rest of Europe so they are going to Ukraine instead), there has also been a massive influx of Arab workers.  Kyivians I spoke with said they are mostly working with Taxis and Food delivery services, that is extremely easy to get work permits or bypass them.  Was also told they are here because France staring denying them entry b/c of some terrorist related incident (a lot are Syrians).  This was the most noticeable thing about the trip and most of the Kyiv people I met were fairly angry about it.

Almost no tourists that were not Arabs.  I usually do fall trips, but all the skin on display, pretty much no competition, and Ukraine struggling economically now would probably be the ideal time to visit if goal is to met women.

Kyiv Subway is now paper code (can buy at counter or machines).

Airport train all machines are down.  The one person selling tickets had a massive wait, you can pay on train when they come to collect tickets (they stopped to get machine at first stop).

I had the most difficult time paying by card on this trip.  Credit cards required a 8 digit pin that doesn't exist for the most part.  I got hit pretty hard with exchange fees because I had to use a Visa Debit (which ironically doesn't require any pin even though it actually had one).

Masks required at airports, museums, and Mcdonalds.  Museums and McD also require temp checks.  Air France specially requires blue surgical masks they said, but if your cloth mask looks like a regular mask your good.  They make me replace gaiter I wear on every leg.  UIA and Delta it is fine.  I didn't see another person use a gaiter mask on my entire trip.  I've never had to wear a mask for over 15 minutes before so the flights were a pain.

Food delivery people are everywhere now.  In general a lot of these and Uklon type taxis are Arabs that don't speak Russian/Ukrainian or English.  Glovo most popular among them.  Uklon and Bolt the favorites of locals for taxi still.  If traveling from USA Uklon activation didn't work for us, so you will need to get a Kyivstar sim to activate there. 

Tickets were Delta but I had 3 Air France legs and unfortunately a origination leg out on Ukraine International.  Covid test system at airport is a custer fuck as well as UIA check in process.  They did hold plane for us to board (about 4 minutes).

Ukraine entry customs they did not ask any questions or do random bags for anyone.  They glanced at insurance and vaccine cards. 

Zero soft drinks were difficult to find in 2019 and now they are everywhere and typically the default drink you get.

For meeting women I would do the pedestrian bridge to the island/beach.  Jet Ski rental would probably be a good date.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Kyiv Trip
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 07:55:44 AM »
Thanks for posting pic of nice looking legs.
Yours I mean.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 08:00:29 AM »
Just returned from latest trip.  Will post some photos and general stuff, but here are main changes from my Fall 2019 trip:

The Arabs are the big story in Kyiv.  Tourists are mainly Arab (I was told they have a 2 week qt in rest of Europe so they are going to Ukraine instead), there has also been a massive influx of Arab workers.  Kyivians I spoke with said they are mostly working with Taxis and Food delivery services, that is extremely easy to get work permits or bypass them.  Was also told they are here because France staring denying them entry b/c of some terrorist related incident (a lot are Syrians).  This was the most noticeable thing about the trip and most of the Kyiv people I met were fairly angry about it.

Almost no tourists that were not Arabs.  I usually do fall trips, but all the skin on display, pretty much no competition, and Ukraine struggling economically now would probably be the ideal time to visit if goal is to met women.

Kyiv Subway is now paper code (can buy at counter or machines).

Airport train all machines are down.  The one person selling tickets had a massive wait, you can pay on train when they come to collect tickets (they stopped to get machine at first stop).

I had the most difficult time paying by card on this trip.  Credit cards required a 8 digit pin that doesn't exist for the most part.
  I got hit pretty hard with exchange fees because I had to use a Visa Debit (which ironically doesn't require any pin even though it actually had one).

Masks required at airports, museums, and Mcdonalds.  Museums and McD also require temp checks.  Air France specially requires blue surgical masks they said, but if your cloth mask looks like a regular mask your good.  They make me replace gaiter I wear on every leg.  UIA and Delta it is fine.  I didn't see another person use a gaiter mask on my entire trip.  I've never had to wear a mask for over 15 minutes before so the flights were a pain.

Food delivery people are everywhere now.  In general a lot of these and Uklon type taxis are Arabs that don't speak Russian/Ukrainian or English.  Glovo most popular among them.  Uklon and Bolt the favorites of locals for taxi still.  If traveling from USA Uklon activation didn't work for us, so you will need to get a Kyivstar sim to activate there. 

Tickets were Delta but I had 3 Air France legs and unfortunately a origination leg out on Ukraine International.  Covid test system at airport is a custer fuck as well as UIA check in process.  They did hold plane for us to board (about 4 minutes).

Ukraine entry customs they did not ask any questions or do random bags for anyone.  They glanced at insurance and vaccine cards. 

Zero soft drinks were difficult to find in 2019 and now they are everywhere and typically the default drink you get.

For meeting women I would do the pedestrian bridge to the island/beach.  Jet Ski rental would probably be a good date.

Never had a problem paying by credit card in Ukraine. I just use the standard 4 digit pin.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 08:15:46 AM »
Just a small point of interest to add.
A lot of the ladies in Kyiv are going bra less now. It’s really quite noticeable. Not a complaint, just an observation.😎

Offline c5h

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 08:19:14 AM »
Never had a problem paying by credit card in Ukraine. I just use the standard 4 digit pin.

Yeah me either until now.  Had travel notifications on they all worked fine in Paris and Amesterdam.  Chase never worked and Citi Card worked 1/3 times.  Visa Debit only failed once (Airport Train) but Citi Mastercard worked there.

Offline c5h

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 08:33:20 AM »
Boryspil to Kyiv Train by Rail is 80 hyvnia.  Bus is 100 hyvnia.  Leaving from airport I think it is always better to take train if schedule is close.  Buses run every 30 minutes, Train from 30-2:00.  Getting through the station at the other is a bit of pain on the other end.

Boryspil exchange rates were crazy bad in 2017 trip, and priced like normal in 2019, they were back to bad this trip (22 exchange rate vs 27.4 elsewhere)

Mini-Bus station is accessible by train, we didn't have working Uklon and where in a hurry so took a $10 taxi ride.  The hometown of wife is a 1 hour drive from Kyiv and it costs 90, or 80 if you call ahead.  Bus will leave at top of hour or when full.  I asked wife to purchase all the remaining seats and she refused to translate because it would be rude.

Smalls busses there are brutal in summer.  What I thought was a unique problem with my wife is country wide problem instead.  There is almost no breeze/weather in Ukraine and the people thing a draft will make you sick.  It was 92 deg on arrival and everyone insists on keeping all windows closed. 

Offline c5h

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 08:35:10 AM »

Local Quarry, swimming hole.

Offline c5h

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 08:40:55 AM »

Locals build these levies into river, the fishermen throw a bunch of food there to train to fish to stay or before they start fishing.  We used bean looking things for bait and had poles with spots to spear strawberry jam type stuff on it.  The dog in the picture ended up belonging to neighbor we met later.  Her daughter is married to an American (pentagon/mil)  that rotates between DC, Colorado springs, and a site in Alaska).  They had just moved from Kyiv a couple years ago.  Country side is filling up with people relocating from Kyiv.  It is off the newish (2016 I think) highway from Kyiv from Zhytomyr.  Others just visit to escape Kyiv in summer to dachas. 

Offline c5h

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 08:42:29 AM »
9yr old niece cooked up breakfast.

Offline c5h

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 08:45:02 AM »
The building at maiden that has been undercover every trip I have done is finished now.  (Prosecutors office)  Haven't followed the story but local said it was set on fire to weed out protesters during the Maiden riot.

Offline c5h

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2021, 08:46:19 AM »
Roadside weed

Offline c5h

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2021, 08:56:37 AM »
At every random bus stop there are typically 2 hot women from I've found.

Offline c5h

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2021, 08:59:30 AM »
First summer trip so this is maybe normal, but the city and dacha houses had hedge (corrected) hogs.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 12:03:18 PM by c5h »

Offline c5h

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2021, 09:01:31 AM »
Skybridge had just been fished on last trip but glass was blocked off (apparently it was breaking), it is good now but scratched so bad you can't see through it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 09:04:07 AM by c5h »

Offline c5h

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2021, 09:05:29 AM »
Boat rides are around $8. 1-1.5 hours.  Docks were a popular hang out as well.

Offline c5h

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2021, 09:12:49 AM »
You can enter Ukraine with a vaccine card (locals are saying Kyiv will shut down again at end of August) now.  For US residents you have to have a negative covid test to enter USA again even if you are vaccinated.  The airlines there check.  I didn't notice them taking a picture or anything but they did ask for document.  On USA side (customs) they did not ask for document nor did the ask if you had the test done.

In any case if you are going, get the test in Kyiv before the flight.  We were at the airport very early.  There is a single person doing processing and she didn't speak much english.  Even with a Ukrainian speaking wife it was pretty confusing.  The actual test took 10 minutes.  The entire process was over an hour, mostly because you have to pay at the exchange counter, and they happened to take a random 30 minute break when we needed to pay.  (there were 3 employees in the book but they were on a break).  You can pay on a app.  On the payment screen when you enter a birthday you have to click one button for each month.  So if you are 40 years old you manually have to click it 480 times.  At the end it wouldn't take any credit or debt card I had, even though they all have travel notification on them.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 09:38:46 AM by c5h »

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 09:17:52 AM »
How refreshing!  Someone got on a plane :)

Nice pics and report.  Thanks!

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2021, 09:56:44 AM »
First summer trip so this is maybe normal, but the city and dacha houses had groundhogs.

That's a hedgehog.   They are fairly ubiquitous throughout Europe, and are harmless to humans.  I've seen them in Kyiv as well.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2021, 11:59:07 AM »
Very nice trip report. Love seeing all the photos. Big thanks for the contribution.  :clapping:

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2021, 12:33:56 PM »
At every random bus stop there are typically 2 hot women from I've found.

Women or girls?
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline ML

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2021, 03:11:21 PM »
Women or girls?

Women, because it would be a jailing offense to use the word 'hot' when referring to girls.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2021, 03:10:06 AM »

That's music to my ears c5h :D Guessing with all the Arabs the girls will be more keen than ever to meet a WM.

Saw the Sky Bridge last time I went to Kiev back in the summer of 2019. As you say it was roped off, but I don't think I would care to go on it, that barrier looks way too low for my liking. Probably only a matter of time before an unfortunate fall from it I wager. At the time I recall thinking it must have cost a bit to do kind of more the sort of thing we do in the west. So for me pointed to Ukraine becoming more wealthy, either that or done with western handouts. Now though I'm guessing the economy is back where it was after the civil unrest from a number of years ago now. Looks like the bridge is already aging badly so probably won't be too long before it's not gleaming anymore.

Anyway, a good trip report and much appreciate the update and insight into how things are now, a bit different from the last time I went by the sounds of it and to think that was only two years ago.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline c5h

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2021, 05:23:24 AM »
The Glass was cracking or damaged on my September 2019 Trip and it was just roped off at the time.  There is "crack" painted on the arch to symbolize fracture in relationship with Russia but I don't recall if that was new or not.  The Sky bridge trail, the river bridge and areas on river on both sides had a lot of locals and probably the best place to meet women.  Maiden was fairly dead.  The tourist sites were all mostly vacant.  I don't get the impression tourism as a whole is down much though because it was difficult to find apartments.  Most of my trip was countryside with 3 trips to Kyiv.  I stayed in a hotel for the first time, it was the first time our Ukrainians friends stayed at a hotel as well.  Hotel Kozatskiy which was one of the 3 old soviet hotels.  It was fairly decent.  Rooms were $40 (one room flat with bad view), $60, $100 (two room suite).  On our first go around there were only two rooms available but the hotel feels like a ghost town.  Front desk people all speak english and are extremely helpful with directions and getting a taxi there for you.

Late night (midnight to 2-3am) Arabs are 60-70% of crowd. 

« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 05:25:55 AM by c5h »

Offline c5h

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2021, 05:57:22 AM »
Locals think Kyiv will be shut down again in late August.  A smart card is required for the regular buses, one traveler told us this was put in a few months ago and card is tied to occupation, so during shut downs this is how they will stop non-essential personnel from using transit.  It wasn't clear how/where to get them and we had to hop off bus so we where not fined.  It's the only accepted payment method. 

mapbox clear map

Offline BillyB

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2021, 08:57:46 AM »
Late night (midnight to 2-3am) Arabs are 60-70% of crowd. 

I never stayed out that late but I have seen them picking up women that hang around Maidan Square. They aren't looking for marriage.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1434
Most Online Ever: 12701