It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Parables to describe FSU countries  (Read 47701 times)

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Parables to describe FSU countries
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2015, 05:53:37 PM »
haha  Wow!  I guess that old saying is correct.  "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

I'm still trying to process all this great critical thinking.  For now, I will work on these...

Sexual orientation is the same as no shoes no shirt policies.
A muslim shouldn't be forced to bake a pork cake. 
People don't choose to believe in God.
Flouride is poison.

I need to take a nap and reflect on this great insight.  :D

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2015, 05:58:35 PM »

I never mentioned the pizzeria.  Further, any gay couple that would have their wedding catered by a pizzeria would have to turn in their gay card.  Further, that "entrapment" made that woman over $867,000, so she should be thanking the reporter.

Who is to say their practices are "weird"?  There are many gay couples that love each other, that stay together their whole lives, that raise children, and take care of their parents.  Isn't love the reason for living?  Further, straight couples exist who don't have children, or who are on their second, third, or fourth marriages, or who are swingers.  Some would find those practices weird.  Should they be denied service because they don't conform to someone else's idea of what is "normal"?

The average person would consider a man in his forties who has never been married, and not actively seeking a wife as a closet gay or somehow weird.  Should he be denied service because he doesn't conform to society's definition of normality?

I doubt God would condone the visceral hatred that is disguised as some sort of "love" of God.  The Pharisees still live.

Good try but nobody was or is being denied service at an establishment.  I will simply leave it at being common sense and refer you back to Mende's post.  As to your response about the gay guy in Dearborn, Michigan I will respond to that with what a Lesbian lady said as she made a financial donation to the Pizzeria.  She said that not all gays or lesbians hate conservative Christians and nor would they try to force somebody to cater a gay wedding.  She said she was ashamed of the campaign to shut down that business.  And then she made a financial donation to it.  This story is far from over.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2015, 06:01:08 PM »
Most gays, like almost everyone else, would not want to give money to a business that would discriminate against them.  Personally, I wouldn't want someone who shows such "Christian" values touching my food.

The pizza woman never had a gay couple ask for her services.  So, it's irrelevant.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2015, 06:05:31 PM »

I never mentioned the pizzeria.  Further, any gay couple that would have their wedding catered by a pizzeria would have to turn in their gay card.  Finally, that "entrapment" made that woman over $867,000, so she should be thanking the reporter.

Who is to say homosexual practices are "weird"?  There are many gay couples that love each other, that stay together their whole lives, that raise children, and take care of their parents.  Isn't love the reason for living?  Further, straight couples exist who don't have children, or who are on their second, third, or fourth marriages, or who are swingers, or who are into other non practices.  Some would find those practices weird.  Should they be denied service because they don't conform to someone else's idea of what is "normal"?

I honestly don't believe he even thinks about the relationship.  He seems fixated on the sexual stuff that goes on within the bedroom. 

The average person would consider a man in his forties who has never been married, and not actively seeking a wife as a closet gay or somehow weird.  Should he be denied service because he doesn't conform to society's definition of normality?

Not to mention men going to economically challenged countries for wives.  These same guys will cry about VAWA but then say it's ok to discriminate against someone because they don't like the way they have sex.

I doubt God would condone the visceral hatred that is disguised as some sort of "love" of God.  The Pharisees still live.

That's the funny part.  For all this critical thinking being thrown at us, I haven't seen a good Christian feel this type of hatred for anyone that doesn't think the same way as them.  They don't have to agree to treat people with respect and kindness.  For some reason, the critical thinkers think that baking a cake is the same as hopping into bed with the gays.  haha   I can't help but laugh.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 06:07:12 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2015, 06:12:20 PM »
The pizza woman never had a gay couple ask for her services.  So, it's irrelevant.

It's not even remotely irrelevant, because as we speak many business's are being threatened with lawsuits and economic collapse.  Sure some will be successful with getting contributions from those who care, but they should not have to do that. 

As for your argument that most gays don't want to do business with those who don't want to bless their wedding, apparently Tim Cook doesn't agree with you.  Obviously the $$$ is just too good and he doesn't really care if Saudi Arabia and other Muslim extremist countries murder gays.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2015, 06:13:55 PM »
Tim Cook isn't doing business with other countries in his personal capacity.  He has to do what is best for his shareholders. 

Next.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2015, 06:53:23 PM »
Tim Cook isn't doing business with other countries in his personal capacity.  He has to do what is best for his shareholders. 

Nice attempt to dodge.  Tim Cook is doing business with a country that tortures and murders gays.  Meanwhile in America somebody who doesn't want to give a traditional blessing to a gay service will be put out of business.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2015, 06:55:04 PM »
Critical thinking 101

Selling a product, like a cake, does not mean you're giving a blessing.   As if anyone needs a stranger's blessing. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:00:38 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2015, 07:11:14 PM »
Critical thinking 101

Selling a product, like a cake, does not mean you're giving a blessing.   As if anyone needs a stranger's blessing.

Yeah, try the critical thinking out, you might like it.

C A T E R I N G the gay wedding.  Not the same thing, Einstein.  BTW, when are you going to send us a postcard after you join ISIS???

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2015, 07:16:29 PM »
Yeah, try the critical thinking out, you might like it.

C A T E R I N G the gay wedding.  Not the same thing, Einstein.  BTW, when are you going to send us a postcard after you join ISIS???

Sigh...  Critical Thinking 101.5 

Catering does not mean giving a blessing.  Nor is taking pictures or selling a wedding dress or driving a limo.   

I couldn't join ISIS because I wasn't wearing shoes at the time.  They have a strict no shoes no service policy. 

You know, like stores that have a no virgin service policies you are denied for.  ;)  After all, sex outside of marriage is a no no for good Christian boys such as yourself.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »
Most gays, like almost everyone else, would not want to give money to a business that would discriminate against them.  Personally, I wouldn't want someone who shows such "Christian" values touching my food.

BTW I wonder how the average Russian or Ukrainian woman, or any FSU woman feels about a business being forced to bless a gay marriage or face economic ruin?

Perhaps you could send a PM to Lyudmila and invite her back.  Last time you were not exactly showing those "Christian" values you are going on about here.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:26:50 PM by AC »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2015, 07:23:01 PM »

Sigh...  Critical Thinking 101.5 

Sigh.  If you don't like the Constitution of the United States of America, you can always choose to live elsewhere.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2015, 07:26:40 PM »
Sigh.  If you don't like the Constitution of the United States of America, you can always choose to live elsewhere.

Why?  There are already anti discrimination laws in place.   You may want to look into other places to live so you can use religion to discriminate freely.  I would bet money you are only religious on some issues while don't follow the rules on others.   That is the typical religious hypocrisy you see from those crying about their religious rights being taken away. 

Offline Anathema

• Banned Member
« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2015, 07:30:21 PM »

So you don't find any of these offensive?

:ROFL:

Yes, that's an apples to apples comparison.  Only an extra retarded mental midget (liberals) would make that connection.  I'm surprised you didn't go for the gold and compare a couple of fags not receiving a cake (or whatever) to the holocaust.  :rolleyes:

What a fucking joke.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2015, 07:34:17 PM »

Yes, that's an apples to apples comparison.  Only an extra retarded mental midget (liberals) would make that connection.  I'm surprised you didn't go for the gold and compare a couple of fags not receiving a cake (or whatever) to the holocaust.  :rolleyes:

What a fucking joke.

ha!  Yeah, that would be a silly comparison just like baking a cake is a religious expression or catering an event is a blessing.  I can tell you are religious from your overly enthusiastic responses in the prostitute thread.

Offline Anathema

• Banned Member
« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2015, 07:41:33 PM »

Um, no.  Those are the laws so it doesn't matter what their rules are.  Don't like it?  Too bad, GTFO.  Go find somewhere else to start a business.  It's not that difficult to comprehend.   :rolleyes:

Oh really? My mistake. Please direct me to the law that says a business has to serve fags/Jews/Muslims/blacks/other butt hurt group.

How about all the businesses that have "No shirt, no shoes, no service". That's discrimination! No shirt shoppers should sue! We need government intervention! Waaahhhh!  :rolleyes:

Rather than do the logical thing, taking your business somewhere else, idiots have to bitch, moan, and demand they receive service. I'm gay/black/a woman/whatever! You have to accept me!   :rolleyes:

No the fuck I don't.

It's amazing that you libtards can even get out of bed in the morning. It must be exhausting always playing the victim and being offended by everything, every day.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2015, 07:44:25 PM »
LFU:
For all this critical thinking being thrown at us, I haven't seen a good Christian feel this type of hatred for anyone that doesn't think the same way as them.

Kindly point out where I showed hatred toward gays. I've mentioned often that our kids have left the nest. Two of our daughters are married, one is not--perhaps for reasons closer to this topic that you might realize. Show me how I hate her...I'm dying to see your rationale on that one.

They don't have to agree to treat people with respect and kindness.

That was the heart of my post. I hope that you learned from it.

For some reason, the critical thinkers think that baking a cake is the same as hopping into bed with the gays.

Again, kindly show me where I wrote, or even hinted, at that.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2015, 07:45:13 PM »
Oh really? My mistake. Please direct me to the law that says a business has to serve fags/Jews/Muslims/blacks/other butt hurt group.

How about all the businesses that have "No shirt, no shoes, no service". That's discrimination! No shirt shoppers should sue! We need government intervention! Waaahhhh!  :rolleyes:

Rather than do the logical thing, taking your business somewhere else, idiots have to bitch, moan, and demand they receive service. I'm gay/black/a woman/whatever! You have to accept me!   :rolleyes:

No the fuck I don't.

It's amazing that you libtards can even get out of bed in the morning. It must be exhausting always playing the victim and being offended by everything, every day.

You mean, the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964? 

As for sexual orientation, many states have anti-descrimination laws for sexual orientation.

You really have no clue, do you?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:49:41 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2015, 07:47:16 PM »
LFU:
Kindly point out where I showed hatred toward gays. I've mentioned often that our kids have left the nest. Two of our daughters are married, one is not--perhaps for reasons closer to this topic that you might realize. Show me how I hate her...I'm dying to see your rationale on that one.

You need to point out where I said you had hate for gays.

That was the heart of my post. I hope that you learned from it.

I didn't need to learn from it, but even though I didn't agree with everything, it was still a nice post.

Again, kindly show me where I wrote, or even hinted, at that.

Again, where did I say you wrote or hinted at that?

Offline Anathema

• Banned Member
« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2015, 07:49:49 PM »

You mean, the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964? 

As for sexual orientation, many states has anti-descrimination laws for sexual orientation.

You really have no clue, do you?
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2015, 07:54:12 PM »
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

You can reserve anything you want.  At the end of the day, if you refuse service to gays, jews, muslims and so on... you may have your day in court to tell the judge your rights just like many others have.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2015, 08:11:23 PM »
Hilarious how libtards have irony on lockdown. All we're missing is a certain other member calling everyone that disagrees with him "rednecks".

Funny how anyone anti-discrimination is a liberal.  I'm not the one crying about my Constitutional right to religious expression of baking is being taken away.

I am also against discriminating against rednecks.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2015, 08:13:47 PM »
Oh, is that right: the people threatening are the worst? The only threat I've seen here is this one on twitter:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/01/high-school-coach-suspended-after-threatening-to-burn-down-christian-owned-pizzeria

There is a screen capture of her tweet at the link above.

I am not understanding your post Larry.  Anyone threatening violence should be tossed in jail.  They have no right to criticize someone else if they respond in that way.  It certainly doesn't help their cause.  I am glad the business owner got the donations to help in this situation.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #148 on: April 18, 2015, 09:03:29 PM »

What a fucking joke.

I don't recall you posting about "fags not receiving cake".

This was your post
Um, yes.  Their establishment, their rules.  Don't like it?  Too bad, GTFO.  Go find somewhere else to serve you.  It's not that difficult to comprehend.  :rolleyes:

I merely provided illustrations of establishments that applied their rules.  Presumably, if we were to accept your premise, the uppity coloreds who objected could just "GTFO.  (and) find somewhere else to serve (them)".

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2015, 10:39:22 PM »

Agreed.  Unfortunately some posters here can't (or aren't prepared to) try to consider how their politics looks from an outside perspective (and, just for you, Faux Pas, I'm NOT getting involved in another pointless political discussion).

Ah, yeah you are getting involved in yet another pointless political discussion. For the Umpteenth time, most Americans could give one wit how our politics are perceived from an outside perspective. We don't care what you think. Your thought has no bearing  ;D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541334
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701