Forum > RWD Announcements

Important New Law May Affect RWD Members

(1/6) > >>

Admin:
The summary is that a new law will impose stiff penalites on anyone who uses the internet for purposes of "annoyance" or harassment.

Here is an article from c/net which addresses it -- http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance,+go+to+jail/2010-1028_3-6022491.html?part=rss&tag=6022491&subj=news

Be advised - while there appear to be some serious flaws with the legislation, there are now penalties for behaviors that many have engaged in quite promiscuously in the past.

I advise that you do NOT dismiss this lightly. It directly addresses anyone posting under a pseudonym (a recent topic of the board), and who intentionally creates an annoyance. It also seems clear that the lawmakers INTENDED the law to be sufficiently broad that it takes in the realm of internet boards.

- Dan

BC:
Really.....

imbecilic lawmakers.. (Yes I'm trying to annoy you!)  :D

Lets see.. What was the result of recent spam laws?.. More Spam!!!

so here goes:

Come 'n git me!

catzenmouse:
Ah yes, the lovely and talented US government. All laws and no justice.

I think I just got annoyed at my own post. Wonder if I can sue myself and win big money?:brightidea:

- not Ken but someone else hiding behind his username -

Admin:

--- Quote from: catzenmouse ---Ah yes, the lovely and talented US government. All laws and no justice.

I think I just got annoyed at my own post. Wonder if I can sue myself and win big money?:brightidea:

- not Ken but someone else hiding behind his username -

--- End quote ---

Nope - you can't sue. This one is especially pernicious. It is NOT about lawsuits - it is about CRIMINALIZATION of the behaviors.

- Dan

NDOC:
I guess we will have to adopt Congress' conventions for name-calling where "the honorable member" translates to "you flaming butt-nugget".  Do we have to start a list of banned words, phrases, and topics now?  If so, I vote to ban the words "Hillary" and "Rodham", I find these words are annoying and my Y chromosomes throb in pain whenever these words appear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version