Forum > Married

Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML

(1/297) > >>

ML:
I know it is a pretty short courtship, but Ochka and I will be wed tomorrow at 1:30 PM.

She could still be here legally under her OPT for another couple of years . . . but we still decided to go ahead with the legal conjoining at this point.

I hope I don't have to eat my words at some point . . . but Ochka really is the most wonderful person (man or woman) that I have ever known. 

She is very even tempered, doesn't get rattled at virtually anything, wakes up in morning with smile on her face and goes to bed with smile on her face.  An indefatigable worker (she is already outdoors working hard while I am still trying to get psyched up to work) and virtually unbelievable lover.

We are planning just a simple ceremony for the two of us; but when word got around, my friends insisted on throwing us a big 'shin-ding' later in the day.  Have been offered use of a condo in Aspen and a large cabin cruiser in Tampa for get-aways, but we are just going to stay local as Ochka wants to get an early start on preparing for her Multivariable Calculus course she will teach in the Spring Semester.

I plan to get started on the AOS paperwork in early January as I have been reading that Immigration will start accepting apps from all the millions of illegals that are here in mid-February.  Once that starts . . . the processes may drag on for years.

Now, just in case any of my detractors are thinking of loving me . . . I can throw out the real reason for getting married before the end of the year.  Ran the numbers; and filing married joint return will save me about $37,000 in Fed taxes compared to single return.  Sold off a lot of stuff this year; money all going to trust funds for future grandchildren.

Misha:
Congratulations! May you have many, MANY happy years of happiness together!

Shadow:
Congratulations on realising you will not wake up any time soon from this...
I hope this will change nothing at all between the two of you, at least as far as you have shown here.

calmissile:
Congrats to both of you.  Based upon your description, I am confident your marriage will be a long and happy one.

Our wives seem to have a lot in common in personalities.  Hopefully we can meet in person some time in the future.

AC:

--- Quote from: ML on December 21, 2014, 11:10:15 AM ---I know it is a pretty short courtship, but Ochka and I will be wed tomorrow at 1:30 PM.

Now, just in case any of my detractors are thinking of loving me . . . I can throw out the real reason for getting married before the end of the year.  Ran the numbers; and filing married joint return will save me about $37,000 in Fed taxes compared to single return. 

--- End quote ---

:thumbsup:   Congratulations!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version