It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Got a call on Skype last night ended up asking me to go on Google Hangouts App  (Read 4817 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
So was laying in bed about 1am in the morning and got this call come through on Skype from a girl I had not connected with. I let the call pass as I did not know her and don't like to act on the hoof as it were. Anyway so she messages ne, I agree to accept her as a contact. Turns out she says she us looking for a guy, says she is from Florida in the US and it worked out for her friend so she thought she would give it a try. Apparently I am the first guy she tried, lucky me! :D Anyhow I thought I would follow it on for a bit see what turns up. Her photo I would say is of a naturally pretty white girl, long brunette hair, she says she is 26, could be about that. I asked her the usual questions why a pretty girl can't find a guy where she is etc. Overall it wasn't one of those conversations where the girl immediately professes undying love full on type of stuff, it was quite normal however a few red flags.

The girl said she was from the US but later said she was from Africa lol. Made out it was an problem with her phone, yeah right.

The English though ok for the most part was off in grammar every so often. I don't mean small stuff like placement of full stops and inclusion or exclusion of commas but in terms of the sentence making complete sense. More often it was a word where you could see what she was getting at but was quite the right word for the sentence to flow and be clear, one example from the conversation, "so I decided to inbox you with good compassion to see if things work out".

Anyhow at the end of the conversation, I told her I needed to get some sleep she asks me to use Google Hangouts as it's more convenient. Why it is more convenient than Skype I don't know it's much the same messaging situation lol.

Anyway did a bit of googling this morning and turns out Google hangouts is not that popular, indeed I had never heard if it before. Apparently Scammers try to get people on it a lot as it doesn't have a lot of the scammer filters and detection a lot of the apps like WhatsApp, Viber, Skype & social media platforms have. My guess is that I would be asked for money some way down the line. I don't have the time to bother with taking it that far. I may see if she us up for a video chat but I doubt it will come through. Also Google hangouts let's the other person see your email if you connect so I would avoid on that count, Skype etc don't.

Anyway just wanted to give the heads up on here to any that don't already know or who may come across this. If Hangouts (Gmail Hangouts, Google Hangouts) is asked for then be pretty wary and to be honest I would avoid using that app at all, I'm not going on it. Found this article on the internet where this guy gives some more info:

http://sharifsourour.medium.com/warning-google-hangouts-a-hotbed-for-scams-fraud-54631305e363

I'm pretty sure his IQ is not as big as mine ;D but some useful info in their I think on it all, apparently a fair bit of it going around. Could possibly turn up in FSU Dating as part of their scamming methods potentially as well as never know if many of those scams come from, could be the FSU, Africa, wherever. So thought may be handy to pass on here in case anyone has such turn up I think.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Scammers are everywhere.

I know a Turkish bloke in town..he's in his early forties and has a thing about Bulgarian girls.

He told me he's been in touch with loads of girls in Bulgaria and will drive to meet them there.

Without fail ALL of them have asked for money within a month of first contact.

Needless to say he's become rather disillusioned .
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 09:56:08 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Scammers are everywhere.

I know a Turkish bloke in town..he's in his early forties and has a thing about Bulgarian girls.

He told me he's been in touch with loads of girls in Bulgaria and will drive to meet them there.

Without fail ALL of them have asked for money within a month of first contact.

Needless to say he's become rather disillusioned .

Yeah the funny thing was with this scammer was that some of the lines used were similar to what girls on Fdate have come out with, the when asked about if the age difference matters she replied that its just a figure to her so doesn't matter. Similarly I've had Ukrainain girls say its the person you are with rather than the age, etc. The other that she begun looking as it worked out for a friend using the random Skype method and out of all of the guys in the world she just so happend to chose me, what are the odds on that lol.

Not saying that all girls on Fdate are  scammers but I think a lot come out with a load of bull and treat the guy according to how the value him and their percieved use to them. As the girls say in the book Odessa Dreams they scam guys they are not interested in or do not value  and wait until they find one they want  they dont't seem to realise that  scamming guys likely screws them up for finding a guy they want though.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jumper1

TC,
Regarding age difference.
I suppose it's natural to wonder about  her thoughts on that, however,  regarding someone you haven't met the pat answer is predictable and the same regardless if it's a genuine person interested in relationships or a scammed.

Both will say in one  form or another it isn't an issue.
A genuine person  with nstural reservations about it, is unlikely to open up about those in initial casual conversation, they are seeing first if there is any interest in this going anywhere, so will just go to the expected answer.
The scammed will.as well.

You gain little asking  it directly at that time.The genuine be person risks putting you off a bit by being honest.
They dont know you yet.
The scammed risks losing a mark.

Of a person is genuine then since they are talking with you it's already implied they are at least initially ok with the concept.

Best to wait discussing the concepts of aging together at different stages of life for when you know her a bit better and she knows you well enough to be open about those legitimate concerns.

Or you could ask jokingly  how they feel about old man wrinkled popa's, it's normally good for a laugh,and you'll get a more honest reaction,trust me.
;)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
TC,
Regarding age difference.
I suppose it's natural to wonder about  her thoughts on that, however,  regarding someone you haven't met the pat answer is predictable and the same regardless if it's a genuine person interested in relationships or a scammed.

Both will say in one  form or another it isn't an issue.
A genuine person  with nstural reservations about it, is unlikely to open up about those in initial casual conversation, they are seeing first if there is any interest in this going anywhere, so will just go to the expected answer.
The scammed will.as well.

You gain little asking  it directly at that time.The genuine be person risks putting you off a bit by being honest.
They dont know you yet.
The scammed risks losing a mark.

Of a person is genuine then since they are talking with you it's already implied they are at least initially ok with the concept.

Best to wait discussing the concepts of aging together at different stages of life for when you know her a bit better and she knows you well enough to be open about those legitimate concerns.

Or you could ask jokingly  how they feel about old man wrinkled popa's, it's normally good for a laugh,and you'll get a more honest reaction,trust me.
;)

Yeah I think you're dead right Jumper, when you think of it like that it probably will be much the same answer for either and it probably isn't a good idea or worthwhile asking a genuine girl about it as like you say it raises it as a problem and the girl is likely to be reluctant to give a straight answer. So it really achieves nothing positive just if anything likely negative. I guess I just get intrigued why a younger girl would go for a much older guy and end up asking, ultimately almost certainly pointlessly.

Might as well go by logical thought and I guess if the girl is genuine then she probably doesn't want to exclude potentially decent guys from her pool of choice depending upon if she has much of a pool of choice. Then there is the factor that guys who are older may be able to provide and possibly may have other stuff she may like. So from the girl herself it is probably best as you indicate to just press on and get to know each other and if it goes well then that stuff may not be so much of an issue.

Offline Jumper1

My wife dint even know my age.
It was right there in my profile and I had told her,she just never thought I'd actually show up to.pay that detail much thought.
  Our phone calls and chats never came up, as frankly before meeting someone I go against the grain here.
I keep it light hearted, fun and casual.
I might notice random.things during conversation that might clue me in on her thoughts regarding future family ,  on children etc,but I save those dorect questions until we have not only met,but have built good interest in each other anc towards developing a relationship.

I never dated locally with leading questions about the future ,as it seemed silly and comes off desperate, not that  I cared,its just that I wasn't dating someone ocslly if abroad and  by the 3rd date thinking anything about marraige.
I tried to.keep.internationsl dating the same.
When I was working in Europe it's not like I culled dates by what I thought the future might hold. It was just a date.

I just don't see this as different, but it is.

Regardless of that annoying fact,  my attempt was to put the genie back in the bottle and treat it like a long commute for a local date,  she did as well initially.
Why?
Because she had a good house, decent pay,lots of friends.
If things worked out with me it would be a long shot,  and  even then  that would hose all that up, so she dint dwell on it.
If it dint.work out ,no biggie at all.

This is a silly enough advdnture,keep it simple as is humanly possible .

I get that getting those big questions answered prior to.meetimg might be advantageous in not wasting each other's time, so it can have value.

I do think it changes the dynamic though right off the bat.

I never felt meeting an interesting person was a waste of time even if we dint click of later found out we were offset in some key issues.

I'm.a bit less risk averse than some,
 I don't need the details worked out ahead of time  and absolutely dont want to know the far flung future  results ahead of time.
How boring would that be?

Life's not a destination,neither are relationships.
Enjoy the journey

Offline Daveman

• Trips: > 10

I assume every woman on the planet is interested in me until given evidence to the contrary. It's not really conceit (or utter delusion as some have pointedly asserted) but rather you'll NEVER get what you want if you don't believe you can or don't go for due to some silly insecurity issues. Let HER reject you -- no need to reject yourself.
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
I assume every woman on the planet is interested in me until given evidence to the contrary. It's not really conceit (or utter delusion as some have pointedly asserted) but rather you'll NEVER get what you want if you don't believe you can or don't go for due to some silly insecurity issues. Let HER reject you -- no need to reject yourself.

Sobering but good advice Dave. Guess it's kind of like with jobs when they say if you get rejected it may just be the job wasn't good for you but another maybe. So better to be rejected by a girl who thinks you're not right for her and go find one that is.

Offline Daveman

Sobering but good advice Dave. Guess it's kind of like with jobs when they say if you get rejected it may just be the job wasn't good for you but another maybe. So better to be rejected by a girl who thinks you're not right for her and go find one that is.

I am amazed st the number of men who were doing this back in the day who were almost paralyzed over the possibility of rejection, doing the eggshell walk, etc.  Rejection doesn't really hurt unless you have a weird mindset. I've been rejected on all seven continents.. (uhhh, it was extremely cold, and those big orange feet were sexy at the time..long story) I think I'm still alive.  Or in the matrix.. either way it's cool.
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
Trench's Questions and Philosophies thread
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2021, 06:53:05 AM »
I've heard that where you have been living often is a big factor but where you got married may not be something to be overlooked. You say you got married in Moscow so if it were me I would tend to go and seek a divorce in Russia, worse case scenario is that it gets knocked back but at least you've tried. I know under Ukrainian law everything a guy owned before marriage he retains after a divorce and and heard it is similar in Russia. In general as FSU countries tend to be patriarchal they tend to give decent protection from the guy being taken to the cleaners. If it's Belgium I would not be so comfortable, it's the heart of the EU and likely very matriarchal.

I think you should post about how a woman feels during the third trimester of
pregnancy. Or maybe you should write an article about living on the space station
and about how space travel feels.

Maybe a good subject for you to give advice on is training for a gold medal for Olympic
skiing. I think a lot of people would want to read your advice on the legal ins and outs
of US patent law. Do you suddenly feel a need to comment about shopping for various
arête climbing hangboards and what to look for.

Here is a link to a hang gliding forum. You should go there and give advice based on
what you've heard about hang gliding. 
http://forum.hanggliding.org/

So how come you are divorcing her?

You should make a post about how all Russian women are ________________ and
that all women will leave you for a bigger better deal, but if you go to Slonim Belarus
all the girls will be so happy for a roof over their heads that they spend 2 hours a
day working on Kegel exercises. 

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1886
Total: 1897

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM