It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Where can Russians currently travel to?  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Romeo

Where can Russians currently travel to?
« on: August 04, 2022, 12:33:54 PM »
Hi,

Given that most countries have closed airspace to Russian planes, where can Russian citizens currently travel for vacation?  I know many former FSU countries allow Russians in and Turkey is open to Russians visiting.  Also I imagine Russians can circumvent the plane restrictions by first flying to a place like Turkey and then going to another destination as long as they can get a visa. 

Specifically, what are warm places that can be visited during Christmas time?  I thought Cuba might be a possibility since Russians probably don't need a visa for there, but it seems even if you first try to go to Istanbul, all flights that go to Cuba go through the USA, so I suppose that is a no-go since it would require a transit visa, which will likely be denied to a Russian.

So what are the realistic options assuming the war will not be ending any time soon?

Thanks.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Where can Russians currently travel to?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 12:58:21 PM »
“Also I imagine Russians can circumvent the plane restrictions by first flying to a place like Turkey and then going to another destination as long as they can get a visa. “

You basically answered your own question…
transportation isn’t the problem, it’s visas
The EU has the most canceled visas, but NOT THE USA

I know 100% that Russians CAN get visas to the USA, cuz I just got one for my son-in-law, who just got here!

If ya wanna bring your very own Russian to the US of A, then check out this site
http://www.ivisa.com/usa-blog/us-b1b2-visa-for-the-citizens-of-russia

‘course you get in visa free!!
if you go together to USA
I’d go to South Beach, Miami (“little Russia”) then down to Key West…
or you could both get a visa to cuba instead

don’t go now, cuz it’s Hurricane season!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 01:10:22 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Romeo

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 01:35:40 PM »
“Also I imagine Russians can circumvent the plane restrictions by first flying to a place like Turkey and then going to another destination as long as they can get a visa. “

You basically answered your own question…
transportation isn’t the problem, it’s visas
The EU has the most canceled visas, but NOT THE USA

I know 100% that Russians CAN get visas to the USA, cuz I just got one for my son-in-law, who just got here!

If ya wanna bring your very own Russian to the US of A, then check out this site
http://www.ivisa.com/usa-blog/us-b1b2-visa-for-the-citizens-of-russia

‘course you get in visa free!!
if you go together to USA
I’d go to South Beach, Miami (“little Russia”) then down to Key West…
or you could both get a visa to cuba instead

don’t go now, cuz it’s Hurricane season!

thanks, but I imagine it wouldn't be easy for a single Russian girl to get a tourist visa to the USA.

Also, would a Russian even need a visa for Cuba?  I thought they wouldn't need one.

Offline Davo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 01:57:02 PM »
thanks, but I imagine it wouldn't be easy for a single Russian girl to get a tourist visa to the USA.

Unless you’re already engaged, it’s virtually impossible..... Been down that path before, didn’t listen to experienced members here and paid the price with the woman becoming distant after she was rejected.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 02:00:38 PM by Davo »

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 02:32:05 PM »
Turkey would be easiest/cheapest country for you both to go...visa straight off the plane...
USA requires a LOT of effort and you'd need an immigration lawyer who KNOWS what they're doing...
and cost of this service would NOT be for average people

I own property in Costa Rica, and I've had Russian vistors stay with me who don't even need a visa!!!!
it's a great country, safest in central America

« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 02:34:55 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Romeo

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 12:41:23 PM »
Turkey would be easiest/cheapest country for you both to go...visa straight off the plane...
USA requires a LOT of effort and you'd need an immigration lawyer who KNOWS what they're doing...
and cost of this service would NOT be for average people

I own property in Costa Rica, and I've had Russian vistors stay with me who don't even need a visa!!!!
it's a great country, safest in central America

Already went to Turkey, want to try something different.  Maybe Costa Rica would work

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2022, 03:33:12 PM »
 A few years ago, pre-covid, Dominican Republic was popular with Russian tourists. I am unfamiliar with the current situation there, but you could investigate if interested.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2022, 04:29:02 PM »
Cyprus may be a possibility but decide if you want to go to the Turkish half or the Greek half as entry requirements differ and crossing the border on the island is best avoided as can throw up problems potentially. My guess is that for Russians the Turkish half of the Island will be easier to visit. The Greek half of Cyprus is of course Greece and hence EU .
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2022, 11:50:39 PM »
This list may not be up-to-date:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Russian_citizens

Dubai, SE Asia, Latin America... depends where you live. I understand Mir cards are now supported in Vietnam and possibly the UAE. Any country that enables support will see an increase in Russian tourists IMO.

http://edyvleto.ru/where-does-the-mir-card-work-abroad-now-9-countries/

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1966
Total: 1977

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM