Forum > Research Projects

Racial landscape

(1/7) > >>

smsmsmsm:
I appreciate your participation. Ada

groovlstk:
Ada,

Not that this will have any bearing on your research and certainly my observations are anecdotal, but there seems to be an inordinate number of guys guys involved in this pursuit who:

-Live or have lived in Texas
-Have played ice hockey at a competitive level
-Are or were involved in the field of aviation

jinx13:
 I'm white, but I tan very well in summer  8)

Don't really agree with Groovlstk, but have noticed many guys are self employed business owners. The obvious reason is that they set their own hours, and vacation time, and usually the money's not bad either.

I/O:

--- Quote from: jinx13 on January 05, 2007, 02:03:27 PM ---have noticed many guys are self employed business owners. The obvious reason is that they set their own hours, and vacation time, and usually the money's not bad either.
--- End quote ---

Mate, what are you on? I want some. (Joke of course) I would suspect from the comments above you might not have been self employed? 

There is certainly times when you may be correct, but by goodness most of the time it just doesn't work like that when you have your own business/company/companies.  Certainly I have made the odd penny or two out of it, but I can tell you that a total of 9 days off in 8 years is not a sure fire basis to give you the time to go looking in the FSU for a partner.  It is in fact since I sold one and put another under management and then took on a salaried position because I got bored (Yeah paradox I know) that I have had the time to follow this pursuit.

I/O

jinx13:
I/O,

If you have good employees it's easy. Of course my business runs best when I'm here, but if you set things up properly, for example like a franchise, it kind of runs itself. Lots can be done while you're away too, via phone and e-mail. It sounds to me like you run your business in a way where everything depends upon you, not the best way to go in my opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version