Forum > Research Projects

Why a Russian/FSU woman?

<< < (9/9)

ML:
As I clicked on first post and noticed it was six years old; I just scanned down, without reading, to see what the current posts might say.

It was probably mentioned several times in the earlier posts but, my answer to the original question would be:

I wanted/need a woman who is at least 5 foot, 6 inches tall.  So unless I wanted to search for a needle in haystack, I had to stay away from Asians.

Also, without giving it too much thought (because of the overriding height idea), I probably subconsciously knew that a white skinned woman would draw less attention (when being with me) than a darker skin.

And despite some cultural differences USA - FSU; probably less than USA - Asian.   This is even more true if you bring in ethnic Mongol as compared to Maylay to the equation.

2tallbill:

--- Quote from: Maxx2 on April 26, 2014, 10:27:21 AM ---This old thread is sure depressing. I mean it's 7 years old and I remember these guys like it was yesterday and now I wonder what happened to them and if they are still alive!

--- End quote ---

I tracked Richard down once years ago in Canada. I tried to do it again a
couple of months ago and was unable to. I hope he's still kickin

2tallbill:

--- Quote from: ML on April 26, 2014, 12:08:06 PM ---As I clicked on first post and noticed it was six years old; I just scanned down, without reading, to see what the current posts might say.

--- End quote ---

I checked my first post here was on March 24, 2006, I had started out at
the old defunct site. Here it's 8 years later. I do think that I've found the
future Mrs 2tallbill. 

Larry1:

--- Quote from: ML on April 26, 2014, 12:08:06 PM ---As I clicked on first post and noticed it was six years old; I just scanned down, without reading, to see what the current posts might say.
--- End quote ---

A few years ago a good friend of mine got himself into a relationship with a gorgeous girl in Riga.  He was really taken with her.  During his visit there he told me that he saw on every block a girl more attractive than any he would see in his city in a year.  Things didn't work out with her, but he decided to search for a wife in FSU.  I talked to him as he communicated with a number of girls and he raved about them. Eventually he was in another relationship, with a St. Petersburg girl.  He tried to talk me into a FSUW search but I was dating an AW.

That relationship ended and I continued doing online dating here. I found it to be an ordeal.  As I have told people before, it seemed to resemble a job search during a bad economy.  You carefully prepare a resume, trying to include everything helpful to secure a telephone interview for the job. With dating your profile is your resume.  And your initial email to get a girls interest corresponds to the cover letter you send with your resume, hoping to get the employer to read your resume instead of consigning it to the "round file".

And that's just the first round.  If you make it through this round, you get to an exchange of messages and then a first phone call, which corresponds to a telephone interview in a job search. For those of you who haven't been in the Western online dating world lately, you might be shocked at how much of a struggle it often is. I sent one girl a message asking if she would like to talk and she replied with a request that I answer 7-8 questions.  These were not questions that could be answered in one line; they were more like essay questions on a test.  My answers were satisfactory to her so she gave me her phone number and we ended up having several dates.

Another girl wrote to me that my profile showed that I liked to travel.  She asked me which destinations I visited in the last year, on trips not for business.  That year had been particularly busy at work and I hadn't taken any vacation.  I told her this and she replied by asking which destinations I had visited in the preceding year.  I gave her my list of places visited and she was satisfied with it.  But after another exchange of messages she told me that she didn't want to go out with me after all.  She explained that I had children and she had seen a number of relationships founder because of children.  She must have seen on my profile that I had children.

But, to continue with the job hunt analogy, many times I didn't get the interview (first date), but often I did get one.  But it was usually uphill from there, at least in girls who were reasonably attractive and not much overweight.  On one date the subject of "dating tests" came up.  I asked the girl if she had any.  She replied yes, that she ended her previous budding relationship after she asked the guy what he would order in a Chinese restaurant and he answered - almond chicken.  She was a foodie and did not regard this dish as sufficiently culinarily adventurous.

I had a fun date with another AW (after a lot of dates you know when things are going well and when they aren't).  At the end of it I asked her if she wanted to go out again and she said no, bc her winter hobby was cross-country skiing and I had told her on the phone that I didn't go cross-country skiing because I didn't like to be cold.

Among guys in the dating world here this sort of thing has come to be known as the 467 point checklist of stuff AW insist upon the guy having.  That is hyperbole, a huge exaggeration, but it conveys the point that a reasonably attractive and not overweight woman in the online dating world has lots of requirements in a guy. 

Sometimes a girl would tell me how many guys wrote to her on the sites and I got to the point where I could guess by her attractiveness how many messages a certain girl would receive.  I don't think they were exaggerating to make themselves look good because the numbers seemed to me proportionate to her attractiveness.  I could make a pretty good guess as to which girls got 2,000 messages a year, vs. 4,000 or 6,000.  And none of these girls were twenty-something beauties (to be fair, the 6,000 message per year girl was a 40-something beauty).

All of this attention has understandably made the relatively small number of single, attractive and not overweight AW without huge baggage extraordinarily picky.  Speaking of huge baggage, with one slender and attractive AW I made it through to the point where we were engaged to be married, only to have her go into a bout of major clinical depression (a lifelong condition for her) that resulted in her ending our engagement by sending me an email explaining that she had to end it because God told her we shouldn't be together.

People will respond that all AW aren't like this, and they are right.  There are lots of attractive, not overweight, and normal AW here.  The problem is the vast majority of them, at least the ones over 35, are married.  The competition is fierce for that relatively small number of single AW who are single, attractive, normal, and not overweight.

I dated several FSUW who lived here.  The difference between them and almost all AW I dated was stark.  The dates felt like dates I used to have instead of like a job interview. 

So finally I took my friend's advice and began a search for a FSUW.  It was eye-opening.  Soon after my search began I talked on skype with a very attractive Kazakh girl.  A week later I talked to a gorgeous RW.  When I saw her profile I thought she was out of my league, but I sent her a message anyway and she replied, then we talked on skype.  I found out my league was better there. 

Soon after that I began talking to a beautiful girl in Belarus. She walked home from work at lunch every day to talk to me on skype. We hit it off immediately and less than six weeks after our first conversation I touched down in Minsk and she met me at the airport. I had never in my life been in such an amazing relationship. 

After being in a relationship with someone like that, I couldn't go back to dating AW.  So to answer the question succinctly - I went to FSU because I found that I could find a girl who was attractive, slender, and wanted to have a serious relationship with me, one leading to marriage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version