It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Moderator  (Read 17238 times)

« on: August 12, 2005, 07:31:08 AM »
As Dan has stated, I am anonymous. This also means that as Moderator I will not give any advice to newbies or experienced. 

I hope not to have to use the power Dan has given me at all. It does not depend on me but on the members of RWD. As moderator I have to follow and enforce the rules all members agreed to follow. RWD is known for people who say what they think. This should remain and I will not  inhibit this. 

If you do not agree with my action, you are free to tell me in public or by PM. We are all here to educate and get educated.

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 04:58:57 AM »
Moderator,

I guess I am not as worried about my personal freedoms on the forum as some of the others are and so I welcome you.  My personal opinion is that there is a need for some moderation here.  I don't mind the little bit of bickering or the clash of personalities.  As a matter of fact, I rather like this being the "call it as I see it" board.  If you want sunshine blown up your azz, then there are plenty of other places to find that.  Because of this attraction, many opinionated posters have gathered here.  Again, I like it.

So, just where does moderation fit into the scheme of things here?  I think this forum needs more discipline to stay on topic.  There are way too many threads within other threads that the messages (some are good) get lost.  The best thing a moderator can do here is either to suggest a new thread on an off shoot subject or even force a new thread for the new topic.

KenC

(BTW, if some sissy boys get their dresses all up in a bunch because of the tougher tone of some of the posts here, so be it)
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 05:05:04 AM »
Ken you beat me to it.

For the longest time I have not liked the fact that their are a few on here that really mess up some good threads with their micky-mouse bull-schit post's that have nothing to do with the topic that the majority of the guys are posting about.

I hope that with this moderator, and any future moderators that may come on board, can keep these few that are so desperate to hear themselves that they comment off the wall BS that really mess up some good threads.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 05:11:58 AM »
There is a way to keep things on track.. gracefully closing the thread when the topic peters out.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 05:14:52 AM »
BC, but when you close the thread, then it is closed right? No more post's or comments?

Will it be possiable just to remove the threads from those who can't stay on topic?

Offline KenC

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 05:21:07 AM »
BC,

A good example of what Jack is talking about is the thread I started about the dead Ukrainian model.  That topic and related topics (Tigerpaw's wife marrying for money & power instead of love) is still being debated, while there is some good posting within that thread regarding our new moderator.  I purposly posted my thoughts on the new moderator here, instead of within the other thread.  Capice?

KenC

Offline BC

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 06:53:42 AM »
Yeah Ken,

Lots of good things here and there.. but either we should accept a thread petering out and the basement used for other things or just close em up. Either way no problem here.  Maybe this thread should have been started before the mod popped up out of the hat... or did I miss something?

Offline Bruno

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 07:45:28 AM »
Quote from: KenC
BC,

A good example of what Jack is talking about is the thread I started about the dead Ukrainian model.  That topic and related topics (Tigerpaw's wife marrying for money & power instead of love) is still being debated, while there is some good posting within that thread regarding our new moderator.  I purposly posted my thoughts on the new moderator here, instead of within the other thread.  Capice?

KenC

I think that " Tigerpaw's wife marrying for money & power instead of love " is like a attack... it was better speak about " wife marrying for money & power instead of love " ... and this was in relation with the topic itself... about the possible motivation of these woman... the word " Tigerpaw's " was too much, it make it personal.

A moderator have can ask for not speak about the case Tigerpaw but about the general subjet... sometime, only one word can make the difference between a good post and a attack...

Offline KenC

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2005, 08:35:43 AM »
Bruno,

Is your skirt bunching up on you again?  You are the worst offender of staying on topic.  Please spend more time reading and understanding what others post and less time posting your off topic nonsense. 

What was posted regarding Tigerpaw's attitude toward power & money vs. love, is not a personal attack because it was a direct response to what Tigerpaw posted as his opinion.  Dan didn't annoit you moderator so give it a rest.  Be a man, for Christ's sake and quit whinning like a little girl.

KenC
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 08:37:00 AM by KenC »

Offline Bruno

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2005, 08:44:45 AM »
Bruno,

Is your skirt bunching up on you again?  You are the worst offender of staying on topic.  Please spend more time reading and understanding what others post and less time posting your off topic nonsense. 

I almost always reply to the content of post... i follow the way that previous poster have choice... i always quote the post of part of post who lead to my own post... if you don't wish that i go off topic, ask to other for not lead the discussion of topic... :P

Offline KenC

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2005, 08:50:54 AM »
Bruno,

Your last post was unintelligible.  Can you try again, only in English this time?

KenC
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 08:51:00 AM by KenC »

Offline BC

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2005, 08:54:43 AM »
Ken,

Translated:

Following suit

Offline Bruno

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005, 09:08:18 AM »
Quote from: Bruno
I almost always reply to the content of post... i follow the way that previous poster have choice... i always quote the post of part of post who lead to my own post... if you don't wish that i go off topic, ask to other for not lead the discussion of topic... :P

Je répond presque toujours au contenu des articles publiés... je suit la voie choisie par la personne qui publie l'article précédant... j'effectue toujour ou presque toujour une quotation de l'article ou parie d'article qui guide ma propre publication... Si vous ne désirez pas que je publie hors suject, demandez aux autres personnes de ne pas diriger la discussion hors suject.

Text in French, translate yourself :P

Offline KenC

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2005, 09:10:50 AM »
Bruno,

Maybe you would be better off on a French forum. (In many, many ways)

KenC

Offline Bruno

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2005, 09:19:03 AM »
Bruno,

Maybe you would be better off on a French forum. (In many, many ways)

KenC

Around 50% of the visitor from my site are from USA... some are members here... so, i think that i am at the right place... and European people seem have fewer problems with dating and marry RW that US people... and since several American are not able to understand the French or Dutch language, i post in English... certainly bad english but usualy, people understand me...

Offline KenC

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2005, 09:22:34 AM »
Bruno,

How about getting back to the subject of this thread?  (Moderation and staying on topic)

KenC

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2005, 10:05:14 AM »
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 10:19:00 AM by Dan »

Offline START2

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2005, 10:27:34 AM »
This is a great idea. There was a thread here that started out something like ....First trip was a disaster.  The topic started out fine and was getting interesting and before I  knew it I'm reading about Bill Gates and who started the internet. The topic completly changed and I think what could have been  great thread with lots of info exchanged, turned out to be worthless with usless info.

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2005, 10:47:48 AM »
[user=297]START2[/user] wrote:
This is a great idea. There was a thread here that started out something like ....First trip was a disaster.  The topic started out fine and was getting interesting and before I  knew it I'm reading about Bill Gates and who started the internet. The topic completly changed and I think what could have been  great thread with lots of info exchanged, turned out to be worthless with usless info.
Topic starter should also take some pride in his topic and participate. Opening topic and then sit back allows others to go in to chatting. This can ruin the topic.

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2005, 12:14:56 PM »
Bruno,

...How about getting back to the subject of this thread?  (Moderation and staying on topic)
...Your last post was unintelligible.  Can you try again, only in English this time?

KenC
Quotes like this upset me, and is where we need a moderator and moderation.  I wonder how many languages the person who wrote this speaks? Maybe only two, like me?  Certainly not seven... Statements like this are an embarassment to Americans.  

Further, Bruno was on topic, since the topic IS MODERATION, which has two meanings.   Maybe we all need to practice moderation before we post something?  And maybe, just maybe, we can stop attacking each other and can focus on the topics of RWD?  I hope so...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 06:18:00 PM by Michelangelo »
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline BC

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2005, 12:24:19 PM »
it's a 'bad hair' day:D

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2005, 10:28:05 PM »
Quote from: Michael
Bruno,

...How about getting back to the subject of this thread? (Moderation and staying on topic)
...Your last post was unintelligible. Can you try again, only in English this time?

KenC
Quotes like this upset me, and is where we need a moderator and moderation. I wonder how many languages the person who wrote this speaks? Maybe only two, like me? Certainly not seven... Statements like this are an embarassment to Americans.

Further, Bruno was on topic, since the topic IS MODERATION, which has two meanings. Maybe we all need to practice moderation before we post something? And maybe, just maybe, we can stop attacking each other and can focus on the topics of RWD? I hope so...[/quote]I hope the same. Topic was made here because I do not moderate this section. Post of KenC is on the limit.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2005, 02:17:15 AM »
If Mr Moderator is not carefull he is going to turn this into a terrific place.  My compliments on starting to move things where they really need to go.

Offline BC

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2005, 02:43:40 AM »
Turbo,

The makeup of this board is very diverse with a left, right and moderates in-between.. That I assure you will remain as it does anywhere when folks gather. Good moderation will not change this. Maybe some of the obvious name calling might tone down a bit but don't expect good table manners.

Expect a lot more to be said between the lines.

We were invited to play hardball here. I don't think batting "Tees" will be issued.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 02:47:00 AM by BC »

Offline BC

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2005, 02:32:43 AM »
Quote from: Moderator
I will work very open. If I edit or delete a post I will show. You can tell me if you think I am wrong. For this there is also the Moderator topic

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/view_topic.php?id=746&forum_id=1

Does 'open' include stating whether members have been banned or otherwise asked to leave?

Anyone worn out their welcome so far?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541334
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843