Forum > Married

Survey Results - Third Question: Causes of Divorce

(1/36) > >>

Admin:
Approximately 40 percent of people taking the survey are divorced from their cross-cultural spouse. To gain insight into those aspects, including several unique to cross-cultural marriages, that contribute to divorce, we asked them to rate each of the same 12 factors on a scale from 1 to 5, with these instructions:

--- Quote ---Score of 1 means it was NO
factor in your divorce. Score
of 5 means it was a
MAJOR factor in your
divorce.
--- End quote ---

For this poll, we will see if our group selects the same Top 3 factors contributing to divorce, as our survey shows.

- Dan

GoodOlBoy:
Hi Dan,

I don't mean to be dense, but can anyone with an opinion participate in this poll or is it for DIVORCED people only?

Admin:

--- Quote from: GoodOlBoy on November 23, 2008, 02:46:26 PM ---Hi Dan,

I don't mean to be dense, but can anyone with an opinion participate in this poll or is it for DIVORCED people only?

--- End quote ---

Anyone can participate in this informal poll.

The survey results I will post upon completion will present the reported results from those survey respondents who were divorced.

Essentially, it is an exercise to see how well our informal poll (perceptions) lines up with the real results (factual data) from the survey.

Make more sense now?

- Dan

GoodOlBoy:
Gotcha

AnastassiaAsh:
I chose cultural, commitment, communication. Everything else is just typical of any divorce in any relationship. Those that i chose, I think, are routed in the difference in culture, mentality, perception...thus no understanding of commitment or communication on her part in the way American men do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version