It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: AM and RW ... are we compatible?  (Read 104925 times)

Offline nichka

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: AM and RW ... are we compatible?
« Reply #400 on: April 17, 2012, 10:08:50 AM »
What is still work in progress for you Mr. Happyandstable?

To my way of thinking your question implies that you have already gotten a RW to fall in love with you.  For me I am still looking for that to happen hence for me it is “Still a work in progress”, but in any event I feel that the best way to get anyone to fall in love with you is to just be yourself and let nature take its course.

Well, to be honest , I don't think that to be yourself is enough to  find and be happy with RW, just because it is a lot more of thinking and considering  different culture and traditions. I found Ukrainian man I am in love with . Though when I was dating AM, he did a lot to make me feel special and understood. I really did appreciate it.
Nichka

Offline happyandstable

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #401 on: April 17, 2012, 10:10:03 AM »

:wallbash:
Miri22, I don't mean to offend you, though I won't be bitter if I do. IMHO, You represent yourself as an extremely unhappy, miserable person, who knows nothing good,who got hurt  and used few times, who  has no respect to anyone and who is fullfilled with anger.
Please do not throw your intellectually low and limited opinions here , since it cause nothing but irritation and wate of participants time and words. Either be polite to members around you, or simply get lost from my thread of posts. That was not my intent show everyone life in selfish and miserable colors. Hope  for your understanding.

Nichka, don't waste your time on this flaming a**hole. It seems he is a woman hater to boot.  :rolleyes:

Miri has not posted anything Donna Pedro has not posted.

Except for the housekeeper part.

I do not disagree with any of this. The real questions being why  :rules:  is allowed and why Miri22 is flagged as watched while Donna_Pedro is not?

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #402 on: April 17, 2012, 10:17:31 AM »
Posters are not moderated for their views. 

Donna Pedro has never attacked another poster.  She is a model poster. 

Miri was not put in moderated status because of his views, and whoever did so likely warned him before the moderation.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline happyandstable

« Reply #403 on: April 17, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »
Well, to be honest , I don't think that to be yourself is enough to  find and be happy with RW, just because it is a lot more of thinking and considering  different culture and traditions. I found Ukrainian man I am in love with . Though when I was dating AM, he did a lot to make me feel special and understood. I really did appreciate it.

How do you know that is not who I am in the first place. A deep thinker, considerate individual, with the gift to make people feel and know they are special. Everyone deserves to be treated special and with thoughtfulness until proven otherwise. 

Offline happyandstable

« Reply #404 on: April 17, 2012, 10:21:14 AM »
Posters are not moderated for their views. 

Donna Pedro has never attacked another poster.   She is a model poster. 

Miri was not put in moderated status because of his views, and whoever did so likely warned him before the moderation.

That is one point of view we do not share.

Offline nichka

« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2012, 11:00:37 AM »
   How do you know that is not who I am in the first place. A deep thinker, considerate individual, with the gift to make people feel and know they are special. Everyone deserves to be treated special and with thoughtfulness until proven otherwise. 

Good point!
Nichka

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #406 on: April 17, 2012, 11:06:11 AM »
    That is one point of view we do not share.

H&S,

Can you find one (or more) of those posts in which you feel there were insults - and once found, click the 'Report to Moderator' link?

I wonder if, upon close reading of the post, you might find that Donna is brutally direct with her strong opinions on things, but quite possibly there was no personal insult. This would be consistent with what I've seen Donna write over the years - which is not to say that she did not insult, only that when I wince at some of the things she writes, it is from the perspective that she conveys her opinions in a very pointed manner with little regard for the sensibilities of those on the receiving end, but without personal insult.

In any case, if you find one of those posts you feel is insulting - or if you see one in the future, please report it and let us take a look. OK?

- Dan

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #407 on: April 17, 2012, 08:41:59 PM »

So what did this AM do that made you leave him?
Was it just the shoes in the house or something else too?

Offline nichka

« Reply #408 on: April 18, 2012, 05:23:27 AM »
So what did this AM do that made you leave him?
Was it just the shoes in the house or something else too?

Well, i think the biggest portion was that he was too soft. I am very strong person  and expect my partner to be the same or stronger. For some reason once I see that my man is too soft, too nice and dancing  the way I tell him to dance , I start pushing him away. I am used to the man who would say and do as he said, who's word will be the last and final in the conversation... and that one was too much of a " Yes dear", " as you say/want dear" Though , he is a great friend of mine.
Nichka

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #409 on: April 18, 2012, 05:49:07 AM »
Well, i think the biggest portion was that he was too soft. I am very strong person  and expect my partner to be the same or stronger. For some reason once I see that my man is too soft, too nice and dancing  the way I tell him to dance , I start pushing him away. I am used to the man who would say and do as he said, who's word will be the last and final in the conversation... and that one was too much of a " Yes dear", " as you say/want dear" Though , he is a great friend of mine.

A YES man.

LOL  it's nice to keep friends who always agree with you isn't it.  :)

Offline nichka

« Reply #410 on: April 18, 2012, 06:06:36 AM »

A YES man.

LOL  it's nice to keep friends who always agree with you isn't it.  :)

You got it. A "YES" man is a big "NET" for RW.
Nichka

Offline Misha

« Reply #411 on: April 18, 2012, 06:10:52 AM »
You got it. A "YES" man is a big "NET" for RW.

Sure, but many RW would consider the other extreme, a man who would a household dictator, also intolerable  ;)

Offline nichka

« Reply #412 on: April 18, 2012, 06:34:14 AM »

the other extreme, a man who would a household dictator, also intolerable  ;)
Mishenka, those days are over . Rarely you will meet RM who would be acting as tiran , unless we talking about some mental case :cluebat:
Nichka

Offline Misha

« Reply #413 on: April 18, 2012, 06:41:47 AM »
Mishenka, those days are over . Rarely you will meet RM who would be acting as tiran , unless we talking about some mental case :cluebat:

When you write: "I am used to the man who would say and do as he said, who's word will be the last and final in the conversation" this will be interpreted on this forum as the man having the last say on everything ;)  I am curious as to where do you draw the line between the ideal man and the tyrant?

Offline ghost of moon goddess

• Empty cans make the most noise :)
« Reply #414 on: April 18, 2012, 06:44:50 AM »
Misha, getting the No Man to say "Yes" is  what some (or many) RW call Compliance (meaning Woman's compliance with Man's resistance)  :)
If you want to keep your expressions convergent, never allow them a single degree of freedom.

Offline Misha

« Reply #415 on: April 18, 2012, 06:54:30 AM »
Misha, getting the No Man to say "Yes" is  what some (or many) RW call Compliance (meaning Woman's compliance with Man's resistance)  :)

This is what I have learned: if a woman is not into you, everything that you do will be annoying to her  >:D  If you say yes, you will be a "Yes" man to this woman, if you say no, you will be the tyrant  :-X  It will be a no-win situation no matter what you do. Has  nothing to do with AM, RW, or any other question of nationality...

Offline nichka

« Reply #416 on: April 18, 2012, 06:54:53 AM »

When you write: "I am used to the man who would say and do as he said, who's word will be the last and final in the conversation" this will be interpreted on this forum as the man having the last say on everything ;)  I am curious as to where do you draw the line between the ideal man and the tyrant?
I do want my man to have the last word on everything, though the trick is : " The man is the head, the woman is the neck". Its up to woman how to get what she wants and make man make his own decision for her benefit." 8)
Nichka

Offline nichka

« Reply #417 on: April 18, 2012, 06:55:51 AM »

Can't agree more ;D
Nichka

Offline ghost of moon goddess

• Empty cans make the most noise :)
« Reply #418 on: April 18, 2012, 07:04:40 AM »
In fact, some women like to be challenged by men and win over them.
If you want to keep your expressions convergent, never allow them a single degree of freedom.

Offline Misha

« Reply #419 on: April 18, 2012, 07:08:03 AM »

I do confess that does work though. Paradoxically, I ended up insulting my wife a couple of times on our first date and she took up the challenge to win me over  ;D Of course, I am reminded every so often how I had irked her, but at the end of the day it did work  :P

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #420 on: April 18, 2012, 07:50:53 AM »
And no doubt, some men enjoy to be won over by women they want.  Devil is so skilful :)

Offline Konfushus

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #421 on: April 18, 2012, 08:30:24 AM »
Are we compatible? Sure, yes. It depends on two individuals.

I'm American. My wife is Russian. I never met a more compatible woman in my entire life. Shared goals, beliefs, ideals, interests, desires, sense of humor. She says I'm always reading her mind (I am) and her family calls us two halves of an apple (some Russian expression like this).

Yeah, we've had to deal with some vast cultural differences.
I like cold drinks. She thinks ice is evil.
She wants me to wear тапочки in the house. I like to just wear socks or go barefoot.
And that's it...
I might have blown my nose at the table once!
Life is rough!

I do agree about the 'yes men' comments. Nice guys and pushovers don't do well here. Russian guys like this get ridden hard. I've known a few. You never know though. A woman looking internationally might just be looking for that nice yes man to boss around since she can't find him here.  :D

Offline nichka

« Reply #422 on: April 18, 2012, 08:36:31 AM »
Are we compatible? Sure, yes. It depends on two individuals.

I'm American. My wife is Russian. I never met a more compatible woman in my entire life. Shared goals, beliefs, ideals, interests, desires, sense of humor. She says I'm always reading her mind (I am) and her family calls us two halves of an apple (some Russian expression like this).

Yeah, we've had to deal with some vast cultural differences.
I like cold drinks. She thinks ice is evil.
She wants me to wear тапочки in the house. I like to just wear socks or go barefoot.
And that's it...
I might have blown my nose at the table once!
Life is rough!

I do agree about the 'yes men' comments. Nice guys and pushovers don't do well here. Russian guys like this get ridden hard. I've known a few. You never know though. A woman looking internationally might just be looking for that nice yes man to boss around since she can't find him here.  :D

Awesome post! Thank you very much , that is exactly what I was looking for . I wish you many years of love and happiness!  I love the one about "tapochki" . It is very interesting info  about little things .  :welcome:
Nichka

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #423 on: April 18, 2012, 10:04:33 AM »

The 'yes dear' thing does not necessarily mean a weak man.  Around here a facetious 'Of course you are right darlink'.. was quite popular but wore off over time and experience that 'right' was not often necessarily so.  As seen in many threads here, some FSUW do seem to have a penchant for being 'right' with any counter argument rapidly discounted.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #424 on: April 18, 2012, 10:05:46 AM »
I do want my man to have the last word on everything, though the trick is : " The man is the head, the woman is the neck". Its up to woman how to get what she wants and make man make his own decision for her benefit." 8)

I thought the head / neck adage had a quite different meaning.  You now confuse me.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541541
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 3736
Most Online Ever: 12701